NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother wakes up from a coma after 27 years, how the world must have changed in that time.

3 posters

Go down

Mother wakes up from a coma after 27 years, how the world must have changed in that time. Empty Mother wakes up from a coma after 27 years, how the world must have changed in that time.

Post by Syl Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:53 pm

This is a wonderful story, the family never gave up hope and the woman may now make a good recovery.

But can you imagine how you would feel, how the world must have changed, if you fell asleep in 1992 and woke up in 2019.
The mind boggles.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mother-wakes-coma-27-years-14461818

"A woman in a coma for more than 27 years has finally woken up and spoke to the son she was trying to protect.
Munira Abdulla was left with a traumatic brain injury after a school bus ploughed into the car she was a passenger in, The National reports.
The 32-year-old mother had been cradling her four-year-old son Omar at the time of the crash, trying to protect him from the impact.
The youngster escaped with just a bruise to the head, as his mother began her long stint in hospital.
Doctors believed Ms Abdulla would never open her eyes again, but Omar, now 32 himself, never gave up on her.
Her family spoke to The National  in the United Arab Emirates about their ordeal, and how Ms Abdullah has woken into a very different world."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mother wakes up from a coma after 27 years, how the world must have changed in that time. Empty Re: Mother wakes up from a coma after 27 years, how the world must have changed in that time.

Post by Syl Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:25 pm

News from UK newspapers from  the first half of 1992.

January....In Norther Ireland Eight people are killed in the Teebane bombing.

February....The Queen commemorates her Ruby Jubilee.

March.....Buckingham Palace announces that Duke and Duchess of York are to separate after six years of marriage.

April....Neil Kinnock resigns as leader of the Labour Party following the defeat of his party in the General
Election. He had led the party for eight-and-a-half years since October 1983, and is the longest serving opposition leader in British political history.

May......Nigel Mansell gains the 26th Grand Prix win of his racing career at ImolaSan Marino. He is now the most successful British driver in Grand Prix races, and the fourth worldwide.

June......A controversial new biography of Diana, Princess of WalesDiana: Her True Story, written by Andrew Morton, is published, revealing that she has made five suicide attempts following her discovery that The Prince of Wales had resumed an affair with his previous girlfriend Mrs Parker-Bowles shortly after Prince William's birth in 1982.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mother wakes up from a coma after 27 years, how the world must have changed in that time. Empty Re: Mother wakes up from a coma after 27 years, how the world must have changed in that time.

Post by Syl Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:33 pm

No 1 songs from 1992 include....

Bohemian Rhapsody...Queen..

Stay.....Shakespears sister.

Goodnight girl.....Wet Wet Wet..

Deeply dippy.....Right said Fred.

Aint no doubt.....Jimmy Nail.

I will always love you...Whitney Houston.

End of the road....Boyz II Men.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 am

Jesus Christ -- I was 17 years old, either graduating high school or starting my first year of college. I'd never even heard of the internet, and back then you could only get online by tying up your telephone line. She's going to feel like a time traveler.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:23 am

Wow. She’s going to find adjusting really, really difficult.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:34 am

In 1992 my son was in  secondary school, I had passed my driving test, worked at a job I loved, my mum lived round the corner so we were always meeting up.
Our favourite holiday destination was Newquay in Cornwall, and I could do a full weekly food shop for about £25.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:45 am

Average house price in Manchester.

1992,,,,£50.000.

2019,,,,,£214.000
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:52 am

Wow. Times really have changed. I remember as a teenager, being able to buy a single cigarette from a corner shop for ten pence.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:56 am

Some of the most popular films in 1992.
Basic Instinct..
Reservoir Dogs.
A few good men.
Scent of a woman.
Alladin.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:03 am

eddie wrote:Wow. Times really have changed. I remember as a teenager, being able to buy a single cigarette from a corner shop for ten pence.  
1992...In England people could still smoke in public places for another 15 years. 
The ban didn'tcome into force till 2007. (That shocked me, I thought it was earlier)
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:04 am

I now have a headache from googling facts and figures.
Goodnight.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:19 am

Syl wrote:Some of the most popular films in 1992.
Basic Instinct..
Reservoir Dogs.
A few good men.
Scent of a woman.
Alladin.

Yeah, I replied to your original post and then you deleted it and made me look like a fool, a fool!

Anyway, I said I'm sure Wayne's World was a top movie that year since Bohemian Rhapsody was a hit song.

Pffft.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:20 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Syl wrote:Some of the most popular films in 1992.
Basic Instinct..
Reservoir Dogs.
A few good men.
Scent of a woman.
Alladin.

Yeah, I replied to your original post and then you deleted it and made me look like a fool, a fool!

Anyway, I said I'm sure Wayne's World was a top movie that year since Bohemian Rhapsody was a hit song.

Pffft.

I deleted a post because the list didn't show for me.....not my fault you look like a fool. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down