NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer

4 posters

Go down

Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer Empty Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 am

Related thread from a LOOOONNG time ago:

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t51-soccer-and-us-politics

New diatribe from Ann Coulter:

If more "Americans" are watching soccer today, it's only because of the demographic switch effected by Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration law. I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time.

I've held off on writing about soccer for a decade — or about the length of the average soccer game — so as not to offend anyone. But enough is enough. Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation's moral decay.

• Individual achievement is not a big factor in soccer. In a real sport, players fumble passes, throw bricks and drop fly balls — all in front of a crowd. When baseball players strike out, they're standing alone at the plate. But there's also individual glory in home runs, touchdowns and slam-dunks.

In soccer, the blame is dispersed and almost no one scores anyway. There are no heroes, no losers, no accountability, and no child's fragile self-esteem is bruised. There's a reason perpetually alarmed women are called "soccer moms," not "football moms."

It gets worse ...

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opinion/columnists/2014/06/25/coulter-growing-interest-soccer-sign-nations-moral-decay/11372137/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer Empty Re: Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:33 am

Ann Coulter the wicked witch of.... Well, everywhere that "woman" actually makes me physically sick every time she opens her mouth

So how is Obama using football (soccer to the Americans) to support the Muslim brotherhood and destroy America ?

Back to top Go down

Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer Empty Re: Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 am

There's a reason perpetually alarmed women are called "soccer moms," not "football moms."
Yes, because it's America and football is the national sport

We have football moms?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:39 am

Well,I think the Americans are becoming quote savvy at footie..and I honestly think the day is fast approaching when they will be a match for any other national side...Brazil , Holland etc included.

Why is there always some fool with idiotic misconceptions eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:43 am

Joy Division wrote:Well,I think the Americans are becoming quote savvy at footie..and I honestly think the day is fast approaching when they will be a match for any other national side...Brazil , Holland etc included.

they are and good luck to them and very few traumatic head injuries in football aka soccer
Although i believe biteing is now a worry  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Well,I think the Americans are becoming quote savvy at footie..and I honestly think the day is fast approaching when they will be a match for any other national side...Brazil , Holland etc included.

they are and good luck to them and very few traumatic head injuries in football aka soccer

Suarez seemingly has a history of biting KD,

The patterned holding his teeth as if he were the injured or fouled one was pathetic!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:48 am

Joy Division wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

Suarez seemingly has a history of biting KD,

The patterned holding his teeth as if he were the injured or fouled one was pathetic!!
i don't follow football but did see that on the news pretty outrageous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:48 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Another problem "our" "football" has is that it's increasingly being demonstrated that no level of helmet technology can prevent things like 153 players suffering concussions in one 16-game season. It might very well not exist much longer, and then what's Ann going to watch?

Just the sheer level of ignorance and over-politicizing everything in this column amazes me. But when it comes down to it, American conservatives probably don't like soccer because other countries are really good at it, and they just find the rest of the reasons to hate it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:56 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:quote

There's a reason perpetually alarmed women are called "soccer moms," not "football moms."

We have football moms?

huh

umm then they are still soccer mums (your football mums)

we call them soccer mums here too because soccer is a very soft passive sport suitable for pregnant women  Neutral 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:quote

We have football moms?

huh

umm then they are still soccer mums (your football mums)

we call them soccer mums here too because soccer is a very soft passive sport suitable for pregnant women  Neutral 

You're just mad there's no World Cup of Face-Kicking (yet)  Razz Razz Razz 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:59 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Another problem "our" "football" has is that it's increasingly being demonstrated that no level of helmet technology can prevent things like 153 players suffering concussions in one 16-game season. It might very well not exist much longer, and then what's Ann going to watch?

Just the sheer level of ignorance and over-politicizing everything in this column amazes me. But when it comes down to it, American conservatives probably don't like soccer because other countries are really good at it, and they just find the rest of the reasons to hate it.
i did used to watch american football when it first came to channel 4 we did the whole game night thing beer .burgers and cheese covered ...everything but it trailed of after a few years for me (not the sporty type ) and you got thorugh in the world cup more than england could manage so not that bad

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:12 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:

that's why it is called soccer is called fagball here  pirat pirat pirat pirat  LAME we need to fight against Soccer and its Evil Pussification of our Men's sports. we don't want to end up a bunch of sad cowards like Europe!!! fricken fall to the ground crying because the get tapped in the shin, they should be banned from competing in the Men's leagues for that crap

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:28 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

that's why it is called soccer is called fagball here  pirat pirat pirat pirat  LAME we need to fight against Soccer and its Evil Pussification of our Men's sports. we don't want to end up a bunch of sad cowards like Europe!!! fricken fall to the ground crying because the get tapped in the shin, they should be banned from competing in the Men's leagues for that crap

I think they're doing the best they can combating the dive tactic ...

It's one thing when someone drops to the mat unconscious, you can pretty much tell what happened. It's a totally different thing in a sport of subtlety and strategy, you have to use your brain  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Australia will succumb to the charms of soccer, if it can happen in the U.S. it will happen anywhere  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:38 am

They are trying....

But it also leading to a backlash of people now saying Football (rugby mainly)is Too Soft and to Bring back the Biff.

http://www.novafm.com.au/video/bring-back-biff-afl

And you always have madmen like me that promote wholesome family sports like Shark punching, Spider tag and Croc racing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:42 am

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

You know, I'm sure there's finesse involved even in shark-punching.

It's the only cerebral element of sport, dammit, let us geeks have it! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:43 am

For example, I imagine you can't just be all willy-nilly with where you punch the shark. I hear it's best to go for the nose Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:56 am

yep on the nose, cheeks or top of the head.  Wink 

and you don't really punch them just patting them  Smile 

Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer 56

Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer Hqdefault
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:57 am

What, like, *boink* and that keeps Jaws from eating you?

Seems a bit ... anticlimactic? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:58 am

I was hoping at least it took as forceful a punch as you can throw underwater!

But ... I cannot even swim ...  Embarassed 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:00 am

So wait, in shark-punching you just need to know where to pat?

Fuck man, Suarez will actually bite you! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:01 am

I can just imagine Uruguay winning it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:10 am

Another American Conservative is Pissed Off About Soccer 10491210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:29 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

What the hell do they make of American Football then with helmets and protective clothing?!
I love Aussie Rules, now that is a contact sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:30 am

Four month ban for Suarez lol the blues are laughing their socks off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Nems wrote:

What the hell do they make of American Football then with helmets and protective clothing?!

I love Aussie Rules, now that is a contact sport.

clown 

THE American "National Football League"..

Should be called their "National Handball League" !

90% of NFL players couldn't kick a ball straight if their lives depended on it..

MUCH LIKE Rugby League players...    Razz 

Yeah, American football is pussyfied...but like veya says, what the fook is this tap on the knee, and drop to the ground yellyin', mommy, mommy, I hurted an owieee? Jeez, that German team had it down to an art form.

Eurotrash!  Laughing 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:52 pm

There's even a contrarian school of thought that the helmets and pads worn in "gridiron" football lead to more injuries, because the players have learned to use them as weapons and think they can throw what amounts to a wild headbutt dozens of times per game without doing serious damage ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down