NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland is officially the 'best country in the world', says study

2 posters

Go down

Ireland is officially the 'best country in the world', says study Empty Ireland is officially the 'best country in the world', says study

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:32 am

Ireland is the best country in the world because it has made the greatest contributions to humanity and the planet, according to a new survey.

The results were revealed as part of the first ever Good Country Index, which ranks countries by combining 35 separate indicators from the United Nations, the World Bank and other international institutions.
The UK came seventh overall in the poll, but in a sign Britain's booming tech industry is reaping rewards, it topped the list for the best contribution to science and technology.
Meanwhile, war-torn Iraq, Libya and Vietnam ranked joint bottom of the survey.
While Ireland topped the list, the Nordic region was regarded to have made a collective contribution to humanity and the planet - outdoing any other part of the world.
The US came 21st in a ranking that was dragged down by poor scores on international peace and security.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ireland-is-the-best-country-in-the-world-according-to-good-country-index-9557358.html

cheers 

Back to top Go down

Ireland is officially the 'best country in the world', says study Empty Re: Ireland is officially the 'best country in the world', says study

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:27 am

They do good soda bread.

Errrm...

yeah, i'll get back to you.

Back to top Go down

Ireland is officially the 'best country in the world', says study Empty Re: Ireland is officially the 'best country in the world', says study

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Title's a bit misleading - it's not the country that's made the contributions, it's the people - so yeah, I'd say the Irish people were number one there - they're intrepid travellers, ambitious and caring overall; they do good in many of the countries they live in, doing charity work and nursing and such. And of course they're a great craic - but that might be down to a drink or two...  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:38 pm

And the fishing is great!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Yeah it's so great that everyone fucks off to Australia and Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:30 pm

I've never been to Ireland but it's on my list.
I know someone who has recently moved there and her children are just so much happier.

I've met some lovely Irish guys - a definitely one who was  Razz but I've also met some terrible nurses that have come from Ireland and rough isn't the word!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:36 pm

eddie wrote:I've never been to Ireland but it's on my list.

We're over-rated.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Саммерс wrote:
eddie wrote:I've never been to Ireland but it's on my list.

We're over-rated.

Least you're not over-populated lol
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Саммерс wrote:

We're over-rated.

What?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Саммерс wrote:
eddie wrote:

What?

You said you're overrated I said at least you're not overpopulated.  study 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:20 pm

nice beer too ::stpat:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down