NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City'

+2
'Wolfie
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Go down

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City' Empty China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City'

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:45 am

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City' Stefano-Boeri-Architetti_Liuzhou-Forest-city_view-cover_1024

The world's first 'Forest City,' created to fight pollution, is now under construction in Liuzhou, Guangxi Province, China.

Designed by Stefano Boeri Architetti, a team that develops green projects all around the world, the futuristic Forest City will be home to a community of about 30,000 people. It will be covered in greenery, including nearly 1 million plants of more than 100 species and 40,000 trees that together absorb almost 10,000 tons of carbon dioxide and 57 tons of pollutants, and produce approximately 900 tons of oxygen annually.

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City' Forest-city-1

As a result, Forest City will help to decrease the average air temperature, improve local air quality, create noise barriers, generate habitats, and improve local biodiversity in the region. Liuzhou Forest City will be self-sufficient, running on renewable energy sources such as geothermal and solar energy. The city will also be entirely wired, and will include commercial zones, residential areas, recreational spaces, a hospital, and two schools. Forest City will be connected to Liuzhou by a fast rail line for electric cars.

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City' Forest-city-4

http://www.sciencealert.com/china-has-officially-started-construction-on-the-world-s-first-forest-city

Back to top Go down

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City' Empty Re: China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City'

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Who's going to prune that lot?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City' Empty Re: China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City'

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Who's going to prune that lot?

Its a very clever idea mind, but can imagine there will be lots of bird poop everywhere over these buildings.
Also imagine mating seasons for the birds that would flock to the area. That is sure bound to be noisy..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Who's going to prune that lot?

Its a very clever idea mind, but can imagine there will be lots of bird poop everywhere over these buildings.
Also imagine mating seasons for the birds that would flock to the area. That is sure bound to be noisy..

Yes. The trouble is that birds and trees don't always behave in the way you want them to. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:55 pm

Idea

They cut down so many of their trees up there in China during the Mao Tse Tung years (Mao was well recognised as a tree hater --  he saw no value in the natural environment..), that it will take the next century or more just to return China back to what it was like a hundred years ago...

Mind you, one can already find many well-treed communities in places like Germany, Poland, Canada, and many coastal regions of the US and Oz..

What this planet really needs is the re-forrestation of the denuded 25% of the worlds land mass --  large proportions of the African continent, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and many ravaged parts of Australia, the interior of the USA and China, are crying out for extensive tree-planting efforts.

Mass reforrestation efforts remain the #1 practical means of modifying and rectifying much of mankind's collective damage to this planet..       Cool
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:02 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Idea

They cut down so many of their trees up there in China during the Mao Tse Tung years (Mao was well recognised as a tree hater --  he saw no value in the natural environment..), that it will take the next century or more just to return China back to what it was like a hundred years ago...

Mind you, one can already find many well-treed communities in places like Germany, Poland, Canada, and many coastal regions of the US and Oz..

What this planet really needs is the re-forrestation of the denuded 25% of the worlds land mass --  large proportions of the African continent, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and many ravaged parts of Australia, the interior of the USA and China, are crying out for extensive tree-planting efforts.

Mass reforrestation efforts remain the #1 practical means of modifying and rectifying much of mankind's collective damage to this planet..       Cool

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Yes. The trouble is that birds and trees don't always behave in the way you want them to. Laughing

lol, so very true Rags

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Arrow

Welcome to my world  -- lots of trees, bees,  and plenty of wildlife...

The costs of employing all those extra arborists, woodsmen, park rangers, gardeners and street cleaners could be covered by regulated harvesting and value-adding of all that timber as those trees mature and need to be thinned out, tidied up and maintained..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:43 pm

How very nice and comely from a country that has a heinous record for human and animal abuse and cruelty. Nice to see them getting their priorities right.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:16 am

Who's the sad geranium that redded that?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 pm

nicko wrote:Who's the sad geranium that redded that?

I think it's obvious, don't you?

One only has to Google animal and human rights abuse to find out the truth. It's all very well glossing over things and pretending the dark underbelly and stench doesn't exist, but like the bowels of a rotting creature it contaminates from the inside out. There are no animal rights laws in China. None at all. So they continue to boil dogs and cats alive, because the adrenaline from their agony gives the meat a better flavour.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:23 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
nicko wrote:Who's the sad geranium that redded that?

One only has to Google animal and human rights abuse to find out the truth.    It's all very well glossing over things and pretending the dark underbelly and stench doesn't exist, but like the bowels of a rotting creature it contaminates from the inside out.   There are no animal rights laws in China.  None at all.   So they continue to boil dogs and cats alive, because the adrenaline from their agony gives the meat a better flavour.    

What I think is poor is that you are ignoring this being good for biodiversity
Yes there are issues in China that need tackling, but that has nothing to do with this idea has it?
Also animal rights is growing in China

Ideas of animal welfare and animal rights were introduced to China in the 1990s.[30]
"In many ways, the animal welfare movement in China is maturing far faster than it ever did in the West."

China's animal-protection movement is growing, particularly among young people,especially those in urban areas and on the Internet. International NGOs played some role in igniting China's animal movement, but local groups are increasingly taking over. China is home to 130 million dogs, mostly pets. As China becomes wealthier, more people are owning pets, which increases opposition to animal cruelty.In Apr. 2012, activists rescued 505 dogs that were headed to slaughter from a truck where they had endured harsh conditions.
Chinese activists prevented introduction of a bullfighting project in 2010 and rodeos in 2011. Activists have pre-empted a foie gras factory, ended live feeding in zoos, and rescued thousands of dogs and cats from being killed for meat.Vegetarian restaurants are increasing, though partly because of fashion rather than ethics. A 2011 survey of about 6000 Chinese found that while about 2/3 of respondents had never previously heard of "animal welfare", 65.8% expressed at least partial support of animal-welfare laws, and more than half said they were fully or partially willing to pay more for humane animal products. 

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:25 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

One only has to Google animal and human rights abuse to find out the truth.    It's all very well glossing over things and pretending the dark underbelly and stench doesn't exist, but like the bowels of a rotting creature it contaminates from the inside out.   There are no animal rights laws in China.  None at all.   So they continue to boil dogs and cats alive, because the adrenaline from their agony gives the meat a better flavour.    

Yes there are issues in China that need tackling, but that has nothing to do with this idea has it?

Ideas of animal welfare and animal rights were introduced to China in the 1990s.[30]
"In many ways, the animal welfare movement in China is maturing far faster than it ever did in the West."

China's animal-protection movement is growing, particularly among young people,especially those in urban areas and on the Internet. International NGOs played some role in igniting China's animal movement, but local groups are increasingly taking over. China is home to 130 million dogs, mostly pets. As China becomes wealthier, more people are owning pets, which increases opposition to animal cruelty.In Apr. 2012, activists rescued 505 dogs that were headed to slaughter from a truck where they had endured harsh conditions.
Chinese activists prevented introduction of a bullfighting project in 2010 and rodeos in 2011. Activists have pre-empted a foie gras factory, ended live feeding in zoos, and rescued thousands of dogs and cats from being killed for meat.Vegetarian restaurants are increasing, though partly because of fashion rather than ethics. A 2011 survey of about 6000 Chinese found that while about 2/3 of respondents had never previously heard of "animal welfare", 65.8% expressed at least partial support of animal-welfare laws, and more than half said they were fully or partially willing to pay more for humane animal products. 

I really don't care about China planting greenery to hide their concrete monstrosities amid claims of environmental progress. I care about the here and now, and about animal welfare and why Chinese orphanages are hell on earth where babies are tied to their potties for hours or chained to their cots. Sure, there are activists trying to change things, but if the Government doesn't care and won't change the law, then the suffering continues. So, instead of this environmental posturing drummed up around a board table, perhaps they need to address the horrors I've mentioned in my other post.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:27 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I really don't care about China planting greenery to hide their concrete monstrosities amid claims of environmental progress.     I care about the here and now, and about animal welfare and why Chinese orphanages are hell on earth where babies are tied to their potties for hours or chained to their cots.   Sure, there are activists trying to change things, but if the Government doesn't care and won't change the law, then the suffering continues.  So, instead of this environmental posturing drummed up around a board table, perhaps they need to address the horrors I've mentioned in my other post.

So you are against something that will help biodiversity.
Well if you care about the here and now, I suggest you change your approach and tact when trying to win
Chinese people over to your side on animal rights. So if you want change to happen, then you get on board more with the Chinese

Now this thread is about this planned idea, not a thread for Chinese animal rights

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I really don't care about China planting greenery to hide their concrete monstrosities amid claims of environmental progress.     I care about the here and now, and about animal welfare and why Chinese orphanages are hell on earth where babies are tied to their potties for hours or chained to their cots.   Sure, there are activists trying to change things, but if the Government doesn't care and won't change the law, then the suffering continues.  So, instead of this environmental posturing drummed up around a board table, perhaps they need to address the horrors I've mentioned in my other post.

Well if you care about the here and now, I suggest you change your approach and tact when trying to win
Chinese people over to your side on animal rights. So if you want change to happen, then you get on board more with the Chinese

Now this thread is about this planned idea, not a thread for Chinese animal rights

It's interesting to note that the Chinese are so keen to preserve pandas and red ibis, and yet the best selling cookery book is 1000 ways to wok your dog.

I'm not against biodiversity, but I am against blatant hypocrisy which is what China is in these matters. As for 'suggesting' I change my tack with the Chinese...I'll be sure to do that next time I'm taking tiffin at the Chinese embassy while discussing world peace and panda sperm.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It's interesting to note that the Chinese are so keen to preserve pandas and red ibis, and yet the best selling cookery book is 1000 ways to wok your dog.

I'm not against biodiversity, but I am against blatant hypocrisy which is what China is in these matters.   As for 'suggesting' I change my tack with the Chinese...I'll be sure to do that next time I'm taking tiffin at the Chinese embassy while discussing world peace and panda sperm.

Personally, I do not have an issue if people eat dog meat. Its meat after all and do not consider that an abuse. Neither do I consider eating horse meat wrong, in fact I think its delicious. What happens is people become sensitized over animals they like to them see something as wrong. I agree there is many problems in China and the abuse of animals. Which such problems need to be vocally spoken out on, of which you have my support on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:50 am

For once, I don't want to get into the politics of it all. But from what I see it's a marvelous plan. We do need to pay more attention to reforestation...our survival depends upon it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:30 am

If the Chinese want to eat Dog that's their prerogative, it's the treatment of said Dog that is carried out before eating that is cruel and wrong.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:50 am

what does eating dogs have to do with a forest City???

And Chinese dog consumption is pretty low, it is a very old thing from specific provinces, it is not done in the industrialized areas on the coast. Korea is the Asians that Traditionally eat dog anyway NOT China
but English will be Ignorant racists as is their tradition Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:08 am

You can't resist knocking us Brits can you? You must wish with all your heart that you were as good as us. But your a racist wanker and you'll never will be !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:20 am

nicko wrote:You can't resist knocking us Brits can you?    You must wish with all your heart that you were as good as us.   But your a racist wanker and you'll never will be !!

YOU personally Comment on reds which it is obvious to any one that isn't a racist wanker like yourself, because someone spouting old stereotypes about Asians (not even correctly Chinese)

What did the brits do in this Article?
Ohh someone is clearly better than the brits and doing something to address the future while the Uk can't even bring any of the cities in line with the 21st century, so Lets post shitty stereotypes from the 1970's that they are at least changing while the brits today still continue with their shitty colonial mindset of the world. Literally worse than your stereotypes
I Never had a problem with Brits until I being exposed to people like you. now the reason your nation is going to shit is obvious, dumb ass full of themselves old racist like you have way too much say in the way your nation is run.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:13 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:41 am

veya_victaous wrote:what does eating dogs have to do with a forest City???

And Chinese dog consumption is pretty low, it is a very old thing from specific provinces, it is not done in the industrialized areas on the coast. Korea is the Asians that Traditionally eat dog anyway NOT China
but English will be Ignorant racists as is their tradition  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

It doesn't matter where the cruelty takes place, that fact that it does, even if in relatively small amounts, is unacceptable in this day and age. Being accepting of it, no matter how small, is wrong.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:48 am

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I'm not against biodiversity, but I am against blatant hypocrisy which is what China is in these matters.   As for 'suggesting' I change my tack with the Chinese...I'll be sure to do that next time I'm taking tiffin at the Chinese embassy while discussing world peace and panda sperm.

Personally, I do not have an issue if people eat dog meat. Its meat after all and do not consider that an abuse. Neither do I consider eating horse meat wrong, in fact I think its delicious. What happens is people become sensitized over animals they like to them see something as wrong. I agree there is many problems in China and the abuse of animals. Which such problems need to be vocally spoken out on, of which you have my support on.

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City' 3922118137

Kangaroo, venison, buffalo, crocodile...

There's plenty of good-eating meat out there in this big bad world...

Whie Horatio and company cry their fake crocodile tears over animal cruelty by various "forunuz" (while ignoring the crielty going on around them..),  they are quite happy to watch the world "going to hell in a handbasket" with all of the pollution, deforestation, overfishing of the oceans, coal fired power stations  --  just as long as it's done at a distance, and not in their backyards.

Arrow
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:34 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

China Has Officially Started Building The World's First 'Forest City' 3922118137

Whie Horatio and company cry their fake crocodile tears over animal cruelty by various "forunuz" (while ignoring the crielty going on around them..),  they are quite happy to watch the world "going to hell in a handbasket" with all of the pollution, deforestation, overfishing of the oceans, coal fired power stations  --  just as long as it's done at a distance, and not in their backyards.

Arrow

Why aren't you addressing the real issue of cruelty here? Do you think it's ok to boil a dog alive? I have no problem with people eating meat so long as everything is done as humanely as possible. There's animal cruelty all over the world and I'll speak up about that too if I choose to do so. Just for once, step outside your own embitterment and debate logically.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Arrow

Why aren't you addressing the real issue of cruelty here?    Do you think it's ok to boil a dog alive?   I have no problem with people eating meat so long as everything is done as humanely as possible.     There's animal cruelty all over the world and I'll speak up about that too if I choose to do so.   Just for once, step outside your own embitterment and debate logically.

Because the thread is not about dog cruelty, which everyone is agreed on is wrong
Wolf is right that in the big scheme of things the environment matters more at the moment. As all life on this very planet's existence depends on combating climate change..
So you want to start a thread on animal cruelty, be my guest, which you will have my support. To me though, what matters more is all life's future existence, which is a tad more important

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Why aren't you addressing the real issue of cruelty here?    Do you think it's ok to boil a dog alive?   I have no problem with people eating meat so long as everything is done as humanely as possible.     There's animal cruelty all over the world and I'll speak up about that too if I choose to do so.   Just for once, step outside your own embitterment and debate logically.

Because the thread is not about dog cruelty, which everyone is agreed on is wrong
Wolf is right that in the big scheme of things the environment matters more at the moment. As all life on this very planet's existence depends on combating climate change..
So you want to start a thread on animal cruelty, be my guest, which you will have my support. To me though, what matters more is all life's future existence, which is a tad more important

I'll say what I like when I like about what I like on which thread I like. You should know that by now. Wink
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:54 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I'll say what I like when I like about what I like on which thread I like.    You should know that by now. Wink

You can say what you like, but you can also understand this also applies to others as well?   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I'll say what I like when I like about what I like on which thread I like.    You should know that by now. Wink

You can say what you like, but you can also understand this also applies to others as well?   Laughing

The world would be a boring place if we all agreed.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

The world would be a boring place if we all agreed.

Completely agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down