NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soon, decayed tooth may repair itself

2 posters

Go down

Soon, decayed tooth may repair itself Empty Soon, decayed tooth may repair itself

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:57 am

LONDON: British scientists have discovered a technique which can make a decayed tooth repair itself.

The technique, developed at King's College, London, effectively reverses decay by using electrical currents to boost the tooth's natural repair process.This path-breaking treatment could be available in three years, according to the British researchers who created it.

The two-step method developed first prepares the damaged part of the enamel outer layer of the tooth and then uses a tiny electric current to 'push' minerals into the tooth to repair the damaged site.

The defect is remineralised in a painless process that requires no drills, no injections and no filling materials. Electric currents are already used by dentists to check the pulp or nerve of a tooth; the new device uses a far smaller current than that currently used on patients and which cannot be felt by the patient.

The technique is known as Electrically Accelerated and Enhanced Remineralisation.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Soon-decayed-tooth-may-repair-itself/articleshow/36705951.cms

Back to top Go down

Soon, decayed tooth may repair itself Empty Re: Soon, decayed tooth may repair itself

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:55 am

I've got British teeth jokes swirling in my brain right now but damn it, I'm going to resist them because I know that's a stupid stereotype ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Soon, decayed tooth may repair itself Empty Re: Soon, decayed tooth may repair itself

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:47 am

Soon, decayed tooth may repair itself British_teeth_1401
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down