NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does DNA have its own repair mechanism??

3 posters

Go down

does DNA have its own repair mechanism?? Empty does DNA have its own repair mechanism??

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:13 am

it seems it does...

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/dna-damage-repair-mechanisms-for-maintaining-dna-344

Back to top Go down

does DNA have its own repair mechanism?? Empty Re: does DNA have its own repair mechanism??

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am

I thought the science buffs would enjoy this thread, I guess not..

Back to top Go down

does DNA have its own repair mechanism?? Empty Re: does DNA have its own repair mechanism??

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:53 am

so did i

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 am

VOD(original) wrote:so did i

perhaps it has some ramifications on other scientific "facts"..

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:47 pm

here we go again.
I would like to mention that the only interest we have in cancer cure is the least side effects and that alternatives are given a chance to be tested for good of everyone . We have no interest in making money from alternative treatments and don't promote them we just show an interest .

This is about dna

Last edited by VOD(original) on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Of COURSE it has its own repair mechanism; this isn't news. The mutations that lead to genetic variety occur during the DNA replication that takes place when organisms reproduce.

This paper was published in 2008, by the way.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:51 pm

why does it matter that it is from 2008, its just something to debate isn't it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:26 pm

VOD(original) wrote:why does it matter that it is from 2008, its just something to debate isn't it ?

Well, it's not news; this is a news forum. I'm happy to talk about the story, but I don't think it says what you and GIG think it says ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:why does it matter that it is from 2008, its just something to debate isn't it ?

Well, it's not news; this is a news forum. I'm happy to talk about the story, but I don't think it says what you and GIG think it says ...

what do you think it says ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:10 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

what do you think it says ?

I think it says DNA has the ability to repair itself from damage caused by exposure to radiation and toxins. I think you two think it means DNA never mutates. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:20 am

of course it can mutate, im living proof!
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down