NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government Announces Huge Fines For Motoring Offences - Only If You're A Worker Though

4 posters

Go down

Government Announces Huge Fines For Motoring Offences - Only If You're A Worker Though Empty Government Announces Huge Fines For Motoring Offences - Only If You're A Worker Though

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:25 pm

10th June 2014

Well, same as it is now then!

The maximum fine for speeding on the motorway is to be quadrupled to £10,000 as part of sweeping reforms to the penalties which can be imposed by magistrates, the Government has announced.

Other fines for breaking the limit on dual carriageways and other roads will also increase four-fold from £1,000 to £4,000, along with the maximum fine for using a mobile telephone at the wheel.

Motoring groups condemned the massive increases as “draconian” and warned they could deter innocent motorists from challenging speeding tickets in the court through fear that they could be hit with crippling penalties.

For the first time magistrates will also get the power to impose unlimited fines for more serious offences such as careless driving or driving without insurance.

Jeremy Wright, the justice minister, said: “Financial penalties set at the right level can be an effective way of punishing criminals and deterring them from further offending.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10887161/Maximum-motorway-speeding-fine-set-to-rocket-to-10000.html

Back to top Go down

Government Announces Huge Fines For Motoring Offences - Only If You're A Worker Though Empty Re: Government Announces Huge Fines For Motoring Offences - Only If You're A Worker Though

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:30 pm

Fines like these are extremely unlikely to be dished out though Andy...they would have to be very serious charges and in cases where they are,,,many go to prison for death by dangerous driving etc,,,

Careless driving is much less serious than dangerous driving though.

Chillax as your buddy would say.

Back to top Go down

Government Announces Huge Fines For Motoring Offences - Only If You're A Worker Though Empty Re: Government Announces Huge Fines For Motoring Offences - Only If You're A Worker Though

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Joy Division wrote:Fines like these are extremely unlikely to be dished out though Andy...they would have to be very serious charges and in cases where they are,,,many go to prison for death by dangerous driving etc,,,

Careless driving is much less serious than dangerous  driving though.

But why have fines at all JD - only those who work pay them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:03 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Fines like these are extremely unlikely to be dished out though Andy...they would have to be very serious charges and in cases where they are,,,many go to prison for death by dangerous driving etc,,,

If people don't want to get fined, they could always keep within the speed limit - it's not that difficult really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:08 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

Got a link for that Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

If people don't want to get fined, they could always keep within the speed limit - it's not that difficult really.

Well quite right...nobody is forcing them to break the law.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:32 pm

So I presume all the Eastern European drivers without licences, insurance, MOTs and tax will be in the mix as well for the fines.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:35 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

They don't come much more "anti-criminal" than me Ragga.

But when people do break the law i expect them to be treated equally.

Our thirst for fines instead of putting people in prison has led to inequality - the only people who suffer now are those who work and pay taxes.

How will the scroungers suffer from fines? They get away with their crimes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:18 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They don't come much more "anti-criminal" than me Ragga.

But when people do break the law i expect them to be treated equally.

Our thirst for fines instead of putting people in prison has led to inequality - the only people who suffer now are those who work and pay taxes.

How will the scroungers suffer from fines?  They get away with their crimes!

I suppose a lot of working people can't afford it either. If they can't afford the fine, they shouldn't speed. I don't know what happens if they don't pay it.

Speeding is dangerous. When I'm driving, there always seems to be someone behind me trying to get me to go faster, especially when overtaking on motorways and dual carriageways. I resist the temptation but it does make me a bit stressed because they get so close.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:14 pm

I am deeply unhappy with this it is similar o Labours attitude to motorist. I'll bet the LIbs are behind this. It stinks.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down