NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Council contractors LIFTED cars up with a crane and painted double yellow lines UNDER the vehicles - which were then slapped with £70 fines

2 posters

Go down

Council contractors LIFTED cars up with a crane and painted double yellow lines UNDER the vehicles - which were then slapped with £70 fines  Empty Council contractors LIFTED cars up with a crane and painted double yellow lines UNDER the vehicles - which were then slapped with £70 fines

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:03 am

Motorists are fuming after local council contractors picked up their parked cars with a crane and painted double yellow lines underneath them - causing them to be slapped with £70 parking fines.

The contractor allegedly painted the lines in a quiet residential street in Wokingham, Berkshire this week, without any prior warning.

A Wokingham Borough Council spokesperson told Mail Online that it was an 'unfortunate coincidence' that ticket inspectors happened to be in the area shortly after the new lines were painted on.

They added that the council cannot cancel the sanctions, advising those affected to appeal the tickets.

One of the affected drivers, 19-year-old student Moeen Ulhaq, said: 'I parked there last night and there were no signs warning they would be painting lines.

'I woke up about 10.30am and my mum told me they were moving the cars and painting lines. They didn't make much noise, I couldn't hear them doing it.'

He added: 'One by one, they were lifting each car and putting them back down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10262559/Council-contractors-painted-double-yellow-lines-underneath-PARKED-cars-fined-70.html

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Council contractors LIFTED cars up with a crane and painted double yellow lines UNDER the vehicles - which were then slapped with £70 fines  Empty Re: Council contractors LIFTED cars up with a crane and painted double yellow lines UNDER the vehicles - which were then slapped with £70 fines

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:02 pm

What do they expect from the fucking council?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down