NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK weather: Heatwave could begin from tomorrow as scorching summer predicted

5 posters

Go down

UK weather: Heatwave could begin from tomorrow as scorching summer predicted   Empty UK weather: Heatwave could begin from tomorrow as scorching summer predicted

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:34 pm

It's almost barbecue time as the Met Office briefed government and transport officials that above average temperatures are on their way for June, July and August

A sizzling summer could be on its way from tomorrow after Britain was hotter than Turkey over the weekend with soaring top temperatures of 25.4 degrees.

The mercury averaged 25C in Ankara where thousands of Brits will be soaking up the sun - but it wasn't enough to topple the UK's mercury mark in Gravesend.

And now Met Office staff are preparing for scorching temperatures this summer that could start as early as tomorrow.

The average temperature across day and night could be just under 60F (15.25C) - which may be enough to make it one of the nine warmest seasons on record.

To date the warmest summer in history occurred in 2006 with average temperature of 15.78C.

But if you're waiting for the official word to whip out the barbecue, you may have to wait a bit longer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-heatwave-could-begin-3664704#ixzz34AzF3BZv

I've put this in weird news, because only a day ago they were forecasting wet weather. Met Office = Weird!

Back to top Go down

UK weather: Heatwave could begin from tomorrow as scorching summer predicted   Empty Re: UK weather: Heatwave could begin from tomorrow as scorching summer predicted

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Flap will be seething!!!perhaps he'll move back here throughout the summer  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

UK weather: Heatwave could begin from tomorrow as scorching summer predicted   Empty Re: UK weather: Heatwave could begin from tomorrow as scorching summer predicted

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Met Office = clueless

and yet they claim to be able to predict the effects of global warming...how curious.....

Back to top Go down

tbh, I often find the British summer uncomfortable ...it's a drier kind of heat and I much preferred Jamaica with a nice breeze and exotic warmth.

Back to top Go down

We have been roasting hot today. OH not keen on it, but then he has to work poor soul, I can sit down if it knackers me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Lovely to be able to enjoy the light nights and have all the doors and windows open.  English summers UK weather: Heatwave could begin from tomorrow as scorching summer predicted   Love_h10lets hope the good weather continues.  When you work all day the warm evenings are precious x

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:04 pm

Raining nearly all day here.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:10 pm

It was like being in Spain here today  Smile We had a completely mad thunder and lightening storm about 9am and the rain was coming down literally in bucket fulls, then it suddenly stopped, the sun came out and it was red hot  sunny 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:23 pm

harvesmom wrote:It was like being in Spain here today  Smile We had a completely mad thunder and lightening storm about 9am and the rain was coming down literally in bucket fulls, then it suddenly stopped, the sun came out and it was red hot  sunny 

Is Spain actually cold????  Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 

you people are mad  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes its a cold winter day and it still 14C-19C today
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:26 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
harvesmom wrote:It was like being in Spain here today  Smile We had a completely mad thunder and lightening storm about 9am and the rain was coming down literally in bucket fulls, then it suddenly stopped, the sun came out and it was red hot  sunny 

Is Spain actually cold????
 Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 

you people are mad  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes its a cold winter day and it still 14C-19C today

Well it was about 27 were I was a few days ago, but for a couple of days we had a strong wind that was a little bit chilly and one morning when the rain came down and the temperature dropped. Costa Tropical.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:29 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Met Office = clueless

and yet they claim to be able to predict the effects of global warming...how curious.....

Actually Victor, I think the met office are pretty cool, place your post code in the appropriate field, and taa daa!!! recently they predicted a 24 hour rain fall projection within 40mins of the actual event, most impressed.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:35 pm

yer well...I always recon the best way to tell the weather is to stick your hand outta the window.....

I dont think I've ever known em right except in the middle ofprolonged periods of stable weather...

they said this morning would be scattered light showers and then sun

PFFT....went to my shooting permission...arrived at 6:30...sky went black...thunderstorm to scare the pants off nelsons column about 40 inches of rain in 20 mins...thne 2 hrs clear...then it went black again rumbled and muttered and slung it down again....fortunately by the second dose i had made it back to my van ...gave up and came home.....pissed it dowm most of the rest of the day.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:36 pm

still muttereing and grumbling now...(the weather...not me)

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:38 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:yer well...I always recon the best way to tell the weather is to stick your hand outta the window.....

I dont think I've ever known em right except in the middle ofprolonged periods of stable weather...

PFFT....went to my shooting permission...arrived at 6:30...sky went black...thunderstorm to scare the pants off nelsons column about 40 inches of rain in 20 mins...thne 2 hrs clear...then it went black again rumbled and muttered and slung it down again....fortunately by the second dose i had made it back to my van ...gave up and came home.....pissed it dowm most of the rest of the day.....
Were you at Bisley today?
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:41 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

Well its half 11 at night here and its still 17C so  Razz 

No what I meant is usually when it rains in England it rains for the whole day, or is at least cloudy. In Spain it can be bucketing down one minute and the next you are getting burnt.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:49 pm

harvesmom wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

No what I meant is usually when it rains in England it rains for the whole day, or is at least cloudy. In Spain it can be bucketing down one minute and the next you are getting burnt.
The thunderstorms in j'burg arrive in the afternoon, it's Armageddon for a few hours, and then the bugs start up with one hell of a chorus.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:53 pm

scrat wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:yer well...I always recon the best way to tell the weather is to stick your hand outta the window.....

Were you at Bisley today?

Nope.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:01 am

scrat wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

The thunderstorms in j'burg arrive in the afternoon, it's Armageddon for a few hours, and then the bugs start up with one hell of a chorus.

we get the monsoon here and its the frogs that start

been a solid 95+ for the last few weeks. thank God for air con.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:08 am

Cass wrote:
scrat wrote:

Lucky you! I love the heat, I like to hear the critters singing, much better than the bleating of sheep!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:21 am

scrat wrote:
Cass wrote:

Lucky you! I love the heat, I like to hear the critters singing, much better than the bleating of sheep!

its not bad scrat plus we are lucky to have a pool. the monsoons will be here around July 4th....amazing tremendous thunder and lightening storms and flash flooding..

there is one frog that sounds like a sheep - no kidding

http://www.desertmuseum.org/books/nhsd_bufo.php
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down