NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're having a heatwave...

+3
Maddog
Vintage
Syl
7 posters

Go down

We're having a heatwave... Empty We're having a heatwave...

Post by Syl Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:39 pm

fiesta A tropical heatwave... fiesta

Amidst all the warnings, and the gloom and doom....dont forget to enjoy the sun, it wont last.

"The Met Office has issued its first ever extreme heat warning today as the UK experiences sweltering conditions in parts of the country."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/weather/met-office-issues-first-ever-extreme-heat-warning-amid-sweltering-conditions-across-uk/ar-AAMkdmF?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

We're having a heatwave... Empty Re: We're having a heatwave...

Post by Vintage Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:42 pm

Enjoy it if you can, I will have melted away soon, can't cope with it. Strictly temperate climate for me. If its just possible to go out without a coat I'm happy.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:01 pm

It's a gorgeous evening....still 27c and sunny, but a cool breeze has popped up which makes it perfect for sitting out if you can to enjoy it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:00 am

Been fairly cool here all summer. And rained a lot. I've seen summers without rain for 6 weeks. We're getting it every couple of days.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:18 pm

In the words of Private Frazier “Wurr doomed, doomed I tell ye.”
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:58 pm

Maddog wrote:Been fairly cool here all summer.  And rained a lot. I've seen summers without rain for 6 weeks. We're getting it every couple of days.

You can have our Manchester rain all summer if you like. tongue
Here we are having days and days of almost unbroken sunshine....dont mind the odd fluffy cloud that drifts by, when it's touching 30c it's a welcome relief.

sunny  sunny  sunny Oh...if only it could last. sunny  sunny  sunny
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 am

Well it's over. Crying or Very sad

And can I just say if you were one of the people moaning about the heat, I have NO time for you

We get 360 days of cloud, rain and insipid sunshine here, if you can't shut up and let people who do like the heat enjoy the scant few summer days of hotness without whinging, dont come to me with your complaints. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:26 pm

Our 3d heatwave is over today. But the heat returns on about Thursday. I heard on a news show that the Arctic dome (whatever that is) is sitting over the North Pole, causing the jet stream to flow at latitudes much more to the north. Everyone, from Europe, to the Americas, to China...is affected.

Climate change at work. It's all happening so fast...might be that Atlantis drifted south over a weekend.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:46 pm

Our heatwave lasted over a week. Temperatures here reached 30c on a few days....back to 23c now the last couple of days, which is still above the norm for July in Manchester.

Unusually we haven't had any rain for about 10 days.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:46 pm

Britain has a different type of heat, it’s mostly humid, which makes it feel more unbearable for some.

I feel the cold, a lot, it has to be in the eighties for me to even take off my jacket....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:11 pm

I really laughed a lot to myself about the people who'd come into my shop complaining about the heat. I guess I still do have some of my Texan heat tolerance, though I do feel it more when it's around 30 than I used to.

A guy that I chat with a lot who works at Tesco put it well the other day -- "We get so much cold and rain in this country, can't people just enjoy it a bit when it's warm and sunny?"

I like that guy a lot. He has MS and throughout the pandemic has sometimes had to stay off work to protect his health, and his coworkers have made sure to keep me posted about how he's been doing Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I really laughed a lot to myself about the people who'd come into my shop complaining about the heat. I guess I still do have some of my Texan heat tolerance, though I do feel it more when it's around 30 than I used to.

A guy that I chat with a lot who works at Tesco put it well the other day -- "We get so much cold and rain in this country, can't people just enjoy it a bit when it's warm and sunny?"

I like that guy a lot. He has MS and throughout the pandemic has sometimes had to stay off work to protect his health, and his coworkers have made sure to keep me posted about how he's been doing Smile

I agree with him, the people who dont like the heat have most of the year to enjoy the cool, cold, wind and rain......I wish they would stop whinging everytime we get a little hotspell.

Anyway, it's over now. Back to none stop rain in Manchester. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Well, life on Arizona's Sonora desert is not pleasant. Tucson is all right, as it's about 2400' elevation, and is surrounded by mountains. But Phoenix is nasty, brutish and rude.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:Well, life on Arizona's Sonora desert is not pleasant.  Tucson is all right, as it's about 2400' elevation, and is surrounded by mountains.  But Phoenix is nasty, brutish and rude.

There are some places people are forced to live that must be hell re weather conditions.

I shouldn't really moan about the rain we have, Mad ...on the bright side it does make for the green and pleasant land it creates and which we can enjoy.

We're having a heatwave... Beauti10

We're having a heatwave... Riving10
We're having a heatwave... R11
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:35 pm

Beautiful!  One thing that Arizona does have is beautiful sunsets.  People drive up to Gates Pass just to sit among the rocks and watch the sun setting over in the west.

We're having a heatwave... Ccfd81682f69224ad7831311368b0d76

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:50 pm

That is truly a beautiful sunset Quill.

One of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen was in Santorini, Greece.

We're having a heatwave... Santor10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down