NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meme Inspired Attempted Murder

4 posters

Go down

Meme Inspired Attempted Murder Empty Meme Inspired Attempted Murder

Post by jaded fox Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:39 am

http://time.com/2817524/slender-man-murder-charge-waukesha/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/03/justice/wisconsin-girl-stabbed/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/slender-man-stabbings-girls-12-accused-of-stabbing-friend-to-please-fictional-internet-character-9480386.html

Two 12-year-olds from Wisconsin were charged with the attempted first-degree intentional homicide of another child also 12. After reading several horror stories on creepy pasta the girls believed that killing their friend would make them into proxies of the character Slender Man.

The victim was stabbed 19 times but managed to crawl out of the woods where she was found by a passing cyclist. One wound barely missing her heart.

Slender Man began as an altered photo which then grew into stories, videos games, and internet memes. The girls believed that he could read minds and teleport.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Meme Inspired Attempted Murder Empty Re: Meme Inspired Attempted Murder

Post by Cass Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:27 pm

jaded fox wrote:http://time.com/2817524/slender-man-murder-charge-waukesha/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/03/justice/wisconsin-girl-stabbed/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/slender-man-stabbings-girls-12-accused-of-stabbing-friend-to-please-fictional-internet-character-9480386.html
Two 12-year-olds from Wisconsin were charged with the attempted first-degree intentional homicide of another child also 12. After reading several horror stories on creepy pasta the girls believed that killing their friend would make them into proxies of the character Slender Man.
The victim was stabbed 19 times but managed to crawl out of the woods where she was found by a passing cyclist. One wound barely missing her heart.

Slender Man began as an altered photo which then grew into stories, videos games, and internet memes. The girls believed that he could read minds and teleport.

I saw this earlier in the week......unbelievable ....not unlike adults convicted of stalking actors/singers because they communicate their "love" through songs or movies. I guess what makes it so shocking is their age.
I have seen this slender man crap all over the place....junior had the game on his phone before he deleted. says at first it was Scary (kind of like having a horror movie fest but by the end of number three you are bored) but then it was boring and repetitious.

#1 question should be - excuse me for caps - WHERE THE HELL WERE THE PARENTS/GUARDIANS?????? Seriously do people not check on what their kids are doing or watching/reading/looking at on Tv/Internet? mine are 23 and 17 and I still stalk them in social media or just even sit down over dinner and TALK about their lives.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am

Another good question is how much of a danger they pose if they cannot distinguish fiction from reality. I worry that they'll find other horror stories like Ben Drowned and try to drown someone else to become immortal in the game world. I really hope these two are locked up until they know what pretend means.

This is going to lead to a lot of screaming that creepy pasta is evil and corrupting kids even though as Cass pointed out parents and guardians need to check into what their kids are doing and talk to them.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:57 pm

jaded fox wrote:Another good question is how much of a danger they pose if they cannot distinguish fiction from reality. I worry that they'll find other horror stories like Ben Drowned and try to drown someone else to become immortal in the game world. I really hope these two are locked up until they know what pretend means.

This is going to lead to a lot of screaming that creepy pasta is evil and corrupting kids even though as Cass pointed out parents and guardians need to check into what their kids are doing and talk to them.

We all know that adolescence can play havoc with the brain but yes these two need to be locked up - perhaps there is some form of mental illness? It still doesn't excuse the lack of parental supervision. Adult only Internet site restrictions are a joke - the kids can lie threw their teeth about how old they are so then it's up to parents to install a lock or give supervision.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:47 pm

I've seen this and it bothers me too. Here, apparently normal adolescents do this to a friend, with whom they had no prior animosity. I mean, this isn't school gangs ore anything. It isn't some freal-out competition between two bitches. It was just a matter-of-fact attempted murder.

Nor does it satisfy me to just blame parents. Something is creeping into the lives of these adolescents, by-passing normal parental and familial influences. These kids are not sick, nor delinquents...they are just...somewhere else.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:I've seen this and it bothers me too. Here, apparently normal adolescents do this to a friend, with whom they had no prior animosity. I mean, this isn't school gangs ore anything. It isn't some freal-out competition between two bitches. It was just a matter-of-fact attempted murder.

Nor does it satisfy me to just blame parents. Something is creeping into the lives of these adolescents, by-passing normal parental and familial influences. These kids are not sick, nor delinquents...they are just...somewhere else.

not just blaming parents Quill, these girls are old enough to know right from wrong, but if you don't gave supervision you don't have a strong parental/guardian/competent adult in your life then you MAY be more likely to get involved in bad stuff.

its the celebrity culture that is now the new norm for so many people and that is screwed up. people used to dream of being a nurse, teacher, fireman, astronaut whatever.......now they want to end up on some reality Tv show getting famous.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:Nor does it satisfy me to just blame parents.  Something is creeping into the lives of these adolescents, by-passing normal parental and familial influences.  These kids are not sick, nor delinquents...they are just...somewhere else.

That somewhere else part bothers me. If they cannot tell fiction from fact then something is very very wrong with their brains. I grew up on horror and scifi but I always knew that it wasn't real. These two somehow came to the conclusion that they can enter different dimensions and are sociopathic enough to kill someone else to do so.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 pm

my fiancees 14 year old has been playing Slender Man for a few years, the game itself makes no sense to me.

good news is he hasnt killed anyone yet.
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down