NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl Shot Twice, Stuffed In Sack & Thrown In Canal

+2
harrymuffin
nicko
6 posters

Go down

Girl Shot Twice, Stuffed In Sack & Thrown In Canal Empty Girl Shot Twice, Stuffed In Sack & Thrown In Canal

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:51 am

6th June 2014

All in the name of honour!

A teenager survived being shot twice and thrown in a canal by her family for marrying the man she loved, police in Pakistan said.

Saba Maqsood was attacked by her father, uncle, brother and aunt before she was tossed into the canal, said Ali Akbar, a spokesman for police in Hafizabad, Punjab province.

It comes just a week-and-a-half after the broad daylight 'honour killing' of another woman in a city centre drew worldwide condemnation.

Mr Akbar told Reuters that the most recent case was also 'an honour-related incident'.

'The victim, Saba ... married her neighbour Muhammad Qaiser for love five days ago against the wishes of her family,' he said.

'They took her to Hafizabad, shot her twice and threw her in the canal after putting her in a sack, presuming that she was dead.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650132/Teenager-survives-attempted-honour-killing-Girl-shot-twice-thrown-canal-relatives-marrying-man-loved.html#ixzz33qptp2MQ

Back to top Go down

Girl Shot Twice, Stuffed In Sack & Thrown In Canal Empty Re: Girl Shot Twice, Stuffed In Sack & Thrown In Canal

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:01 am

And that's awful that is, I've seen stuff on telly on documentaries , where both the mother and father murdered their daughter as she was living a 'western' lifestyle , despite living in England...

They wanted her to marry a man in Pakistan against her wishes, and to remain there.

It's disgraceful trying to force people to do things they don't want to do.

But  I really don't think your concern is for the victim here Andy, but the fact you can use this as another trading post for hatred against Muslims.

Last edited by Joy Division on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Girl Shot Twice, Stuffed In Sack & Thrown In Canal Empty Re: Girl Shot Twice, Stuffed In Sack & Thrown In Canal

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:04 am

Joy Division wrote:And that's awful that is, I've seen stuff on telly on documentaries ,more where bother the mother and father murdered their daughter as she was living a 'western' lifestyle , despite living in England...

They wanted her to marry a man in Pakistan against her wishes, and to remain there.

But  I really don't think your concern is for the victim here Andy, but the fact you can use this as another trading post for hatred against Muslims.

Muslims?

I purposefully left any link to religion out JD to prevent the thread turning in to a joke like the rest of the forum.

Thanks for ruining it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:08 am

Joy Division wrote:And that's awful that is, I've seen stuff on telly on documentaries ,more where bother the mother and father murdered their daughter as she was living a 'western' lifestyle , despite living in England...

Spot on

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:26 pm

I use "Spot On" on my cat,gets rid of vermin, [Fleas]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:29 pm

the question no one seems to answer is does sharia law make honour killing legal??

Back to top Go down

Post by harrymuffin Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:38 pm

This young bride will make a speedy recovery.

I do hope they are able to flee the "barbarians" called, family.
harrymuffin
harrymuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:40 pm

nicko wrote:I use "Spot On"  on my cat,gets rid of vermin, [Fleas]

....kill your cat and save money Nicko .....go on, strangle it. ::troll::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:51 pm

they have the victim, they know who did it to her and why... but why is there no talk of jail for them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Would it be racist of us to try and stop this kind of thing?

We have the perfect example here thanks to JD - if UKIP speak out, some will say they are RACIST!

Back to top Go down

Post by harrymuffin Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:56 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:the question no one seems to answer is does sharia law make honour killing legal??

"Honour crimes occur in societies where there is an interplay between discriminatory traditions of justice and statutory law. In some countries, this discrimination is exacerbated by the inclusion of Shari'a, Islamic law."

Another type of honour killing is forced suicide. It's used by the family, so they can escape punishment by authorities.
harrymuffin
harrymuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:00 pm

So jd ,we now know your an animal abuser,thought as much!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Eh?

WTF?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:35 pm

harrymuffin wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:the question no one seems to answer is does sharia law make honour killing legal??

"Honour crimes occur in societies where there is an interplay between discriminatory traditions of justice and statutory law. In some countries, this discrimination is exacerbated by the inclusion of Shari'a, Islamic law."

Another type of honour killing is forced suicide.   It's used by the family,  so they  can  escape punishment by authorities.

what a charming bunch the muslims are...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:02 pm

proving my point yet again the religion of peace is in the news every day .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:proving my point yet again the religion of peace is in the news every day .

yep and never for anything good... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:23 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:proving my point yet again the religion of peace is in the news every day .

yep and never for anything good... Smile 

That is exactly my point nothing good just abomination after abomination , i can never understand the support from people either making excuses for such evil deeds .

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:53 pm

As so few ever get arrested even fewer face prosecution and the results of maybe it is the equivalent of what used to be allowed in France.. " Crime of Passion "
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:03 pm

gerber wrote:

As so few ever get arrested even fewer face prosecution and the results of maybe it is the equivalent of what used to be allowed in France..  " Crime of Passion "

not good for the UK then if full sharia law comes in , its an easy way to top someone off you don't like  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Shocked 

Anyway......moving swiftly on, this type of thing will always happen as it's happened for countless years.
What can we do about it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Shocked 

Anyway......moving swiftly on, this type of thing will always happen as it's happened for countless years.
What can we do about it?

Nothing.

To interfere would be RACIST!

I disagree with oppressing women with the burkha - do i interfere? Yes, if it's a white Englishwoman forced to wear one, but not a muslim - they wear them for religious reasons.

If i saw a white English woman being thrown in to a canal, i'd step in - not if it's a muslim though - it's their religion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Andy, I'm asking you again -- would you please respect this site enough to post news stories in the appropriate section?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Andy, I'm asking you again -- would you please respect this site enough to post news stories in the appropriate section?

It's in news.

It's news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:11 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Andy, I'm asking you again -- would you please respect this site enough to post news stories in the appropriate section?

It's in news.

It's news.

It's news in Pakistan, thus goes in Asia news, not UK news.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

It's in news.

It's news.

It's news in Pakistan, thus goes in Asia news, not UK news.

Oh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:33 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Would it be racist of us to try and stop this kind of thing?

We have the perfect example here thanks to JD - if UKIP speak out, some will say they are RACIST!

You NEVER speak out about the atrocities committed daily by white Europeans. You're a supremacist, everyone can see that from what you fixate upon.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Of course I feel really sorry for this girl, I hope she manages to get away from her family, but really what are we meant to do about it? Its happened in Pakistan, honour killings are not 'illegal' there, its the culture of that Country so who are we to say its wrong?

How can we poke our noses into other peoples Countrys and religions and beliefs when we complain so loudly about people coming here trying to change ours?

harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:52 pm

harvesmom wrote:Of course I feel really sorry for this girl, I hope she manages to get away from her family,  but really what are we meant to do about it? Its happened in Pakistan, honour killings are not 'illegal' there, its the culture of that Country so who are we to say its wrong?

How can we poke our noses into other peoples Countrys and religions and beliefs when we complain so loudly about people coming here trying to change ours?

Good point harves. Doesn't make it palatable though  Sad 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:55 pm

eddie wrote:
harvesmom wrote:Of course I feel really sorry for this girl, I hope she manages to get away from her family,  but really what are we meant to do about it? Its happened in Pakistan, honour killings are not 'illegal' there, its the culture of that Country so who are we to say its wrong?

No of course not Edds, and I'm certainly not saying I agree with it. I'm simply saying that its happened outside of the UK, what can we do? We are not in charge of the World are we!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:00 am

harvesmom wrote:
eddie wrote:

No of course not Edds, and I'm certainly not saying I agree with it. I'm simply saying that its happened outside of the UK, what can we do? We are not in charge of the World are we!

No. We are not.
It's barbaric.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:17 am

Couple things:

1) Honor killings in the Pashtun region (and everywhere else they're practiced) pre-date Islam by thousands of years.

2) They are de jure illegal in Pakistan but too often go ignored by authorities.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down