NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke

4 posters

Go down

George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke Empty George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke

Post by Lurker Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:15 pm

WEST: Let me say, I would like to tell you a little joke. I know how that may sound a bit weird in this context under these circumstances. But I think you’re the perfect audience for it. As long as you don’t — if you don’t like it or don’t think it’s funny or inappropriate that you don’t hold it against Mr. Zimmerman. Hold it against me if you want, but not Mr. Zimmerman. I have your assurance you won’t.
Here’s how it goes: Knock knock. Who’s there? George Zimmerman. George Zimmerman who? All right. Good. You’re on the Jury.
Nothing? That’s funny. After what you folks have been through the last two or three weeks.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/06/24/2202081/george-zimmermans-lawyer-opens-trial-with-a-knock-knock-joe
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke Empty Re: George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke

Post by Lurker Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Zimmerman has an idiot for a lawyer. Idiots beget idiots, I guess.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke Empty Re: George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:08 pm

I am pleased that Mr Zimmerman was judged to be not guilty. Justice prevailed. cheers 
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm sorry. Zimmerman stalks an innocent kid, gets out of his car (after being ordered by the police not to) and confronts him. Martin fights back thinking a "creepy" man wants to kill him and Zimmerman shoots him. How is that justice for Martin? Zimmerman got away with cold-blooded racist murder. The jury was 6 brain dead idiots.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:38 pm

I disagree, a dodgy looking bloke is wandering about at night and a neighborhood watch captain is alerted by his suspicious behaviour. The photograph of a young Trayvon is not what Mr Zimmerman saw, but the press have been told not to release the gang photos.

As a neighborhood watch captain Mr Zimmerman confronts him and instead of ending innocently and amicably with a good explanation why he was wandering about - Trayvon attacks Mr Zimmerman. Fearing for his life - Mr Zimmerman stands his ground and uses force.

Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:44 pm

That's not anyway near what happened. LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Well the media have reported these events and the Jury found him not guilty on all counts.
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:27 pm

That's true, but a Neighborhood Watch person has NO legal authority whatsoever. Their role is to merely "observe and report". I have been to Neighborhood Watch meetings where the police were there to advise and answer our questions. If you see something suspicious you call 911 and report. Your job is then OVER. If you confront, you have taken on the role of a vigilante. You are now in the wrong. It's just simple common sense. Zimmerman was told on the phone "not to follow." He disobeyed and now a kid who was innocently walking home on a public sidewalk is dead. Pity.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:52 pm

I think it's very telling that a juror has now spoken out and said that she felt that Zimmerman was guilty, but that Florida's laws regarding the matter were too confusing to arrive at a conviction:

A juror in the George Zimmerman trial who had recently moved to Florida from Chicago said today that Zimmerman "got away with murder" for killing Trayvon Martin and feels she owes an apology to Martin's parents.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-george-zimmerman-trial-juror-chicago-20130725,0,4361149.story

My brother and I were talking about this the other day, and he brought up the point that he and I have both known people with guns who gave off the distinct air that they wouldn't be satisfied until they shot someone. I think Zimmerman was this kind of guy. He should have stayed in his damn car and listened to the police.

And as far as "dodgy looking" goes, I'm sorry -- America may be a very backwards country in many respects, but we don't slaughter people in the streets over their looks. Or if they used drugs or were suspended from school or whatever.

And if we're going to use character assassination to cloud this issue? George Zimmerman is no saint:

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10894561-zimmerman-accused-of-domestic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer?lite
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:20 pm

So how is this a white on black racial crime, Mr Zimmerman is not white???
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:15 pm

He's just a racist bastard. Not all racists are lily white.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Why is he racist?
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:09 pm

He profiled Trayvon Martin for just walking down the street in a "hoodie." That made him a black gangbanger in Zimmerman's racist eyes, so he had to confront him. If Trayvon had been white, Zimmerman would have just driven on by.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:16 pm

If he was wearing a hoodie at night how could he tell that he was black?

Secondly, Zimmerman is Hispanic, so why are black people venting their anger at white people? Why are they not angry against Hispanics?
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Our anger is against George Zimmerman, the man, for shooting a harmless, innocent teenager. I could give a sh*t what race he is. Zimmerman's anger was against a hoodie that he was determined to kill. And he did.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 pm

So why did all the old civil rights activists come out and why was there media footage of black people shouting about having no rights?
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Adrian Messenger wrote:So why did all the old civil rights activists come out and why was there media footage of black people shouting about having no rights?

Because in this case and in that particular state it would seem that against all of the evidence the jurors ruled in favour of the racist imo but i would agree that you would have to accept the verdict but that verdict can be challenged in a higher court?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Catman wrote:
Adrian Messenger wrote:So why did all the old civil rights activists come out and why was there media footage of black people shouting about having no rights?

Because in this case and in that particular state it would seem that against all of the evidence the jurors ruled in favour of the racist imo but i would agree that you would have to accept the verdict but that verdict can be challenged in a higher court?

But the racist bandwagon started before the trial even started.
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:05 am

I'm gonna throw away the Race Card
Regardless of Trayvons skin colour Zimmerman Profiled and Killed an INNOCENT person, Zimmerman started the confrontantion he had no Legal basis for doing so then he killed a Human being that he had no reason to do. I have seen my friends be profiled (myself to a lesser extent) because we come from a poor area notorious for drugs. You can't give bullies a Gun and power and expect an innocent person Not to Die.

And WTF how does someone that has previously been arrested for violently resisting arrest get a gun license? surely they are the sort of people that the law is supposed to keep away from firearms.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:19 am

And WTF how does someone that has previously been arrested for violently resisting arrest get a gun license? surely they are the sort of people that the law is supposed to keep away from firearms

My question, too. The right-wing thinks the 2nd Amendment is more sacred than human life. That's a fact.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 am

I'd rather have Mr Zimmerman patrolling my neighborhood than Mr Martin skulking around in a hoodie.
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:03 am

I'd prefer to have someone in a hoodie than someone carrying a gun.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:11 am

Since when is wearing a hoodie grounds to be shot to death? I can't understand any point you've tried to make in this thread. Your arguments are hollow, Adrian.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:38 am

In London a great deal of crime is committed by hoodie wearing young men.
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Hoodies don't kill people, people kill people. It wasn't Zimmerman's right to profile and execute Trayvon Martin.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm

He stood his ground and defended himself against attack.

Whether caps back to front or hoodies makes no difference, gangs of feral young men unable to fulfill their testosterone fueled need for sex have to prove themselves in other ways; aggression, violence and crime.
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:38 pm

That is utter bullshit. Zimmerman got out of his car and confronted Trayvon. Trayvon saw this creepy bastard coming at him and he defended himself. He was murdered for it. Trayvon stood his ground and died for it. Case closed.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Lurker wrote:

That is utter bullshit. Zimmerman got out of his car and confronted Trayvon. Trayvon saw this creepy bastard coming at him and he defended himself. He was murdered for it. Trayvon stood his ground and died for it. Case closed.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree then, but I agree with the American Justice System which saw things differently. George Zimmerman’s Lawyer Opens Trial With A Knock-Knock Joke Talkie-Hunky-Dory
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Yeah, that's the little injustice we all have to accept. Wink
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down