NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled man who used his mobility scooter as a 'battering ram' to knock over two elderly women is jailed for two years - and now faces having £12,000 wheelchair confiscated

4 posters

Go down

Disabled man who used his mobility scooter as a 'battering ram' to knock over two elderly women is jailed for two years - and now faces having £12,000 wheelchair confiscated Empty Disabled man who used his mobility scooter as a 'battering ram' to knock over two elderly women is jailed for two years - and now faces having £12,000 wheelchair confiscated

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 pm

A disabled man who used his mobility scooter as a 'battering ram' to knock over two elderly women on the pavement has been jailed for two years.

Aaron Ali, 40, reversed over Doris Collins, 88, and Joan Benjafield, 90, while they were out shopping in Welling, south-east London.

Shocking CCTV footage shows Ali driving off a number 96 bus on June 14 this year before suddenly reversing into his victims.

He was convicted of assault causing actual bodily harm after a two day trial at Southwark Crown Court in September and was handed a jail term today.

Prosecutors have since applied to confiscate Ali's £12,000 wheelchair, claiming it is a weapon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6392621/Disabled-man-jailed-mobility-scooter-attack-old-ladies.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Disabled man who used his mobility scooter as a 'battering ram' to knock over two elderly women is jailed for two years - and now faces having £12,000 wheelchair confiscated Empty Re: Disabled man who used his mobility scooter as a 'battering ram' to knock over two elderly women is jailed for two years - and now faces having £12,000 wheelchair confiscated

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 pm

He could have killed them, FFS!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Disabled man who used his mobility scooter as a 'battering ram' to knock over two elderly women is jailed for two years - and now faces having £12,000 wheelchair confiscated Empty Re: Disabled man who used his mobility scooter as a 'battering ram' to knock over two elderly women is jailed for two years - and now faces having £12,000 wheelchair confiscated

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Yes, I'm on the board of the Golden Gate Transit, a sub-unit of the Golden Gate Bridge, and we have a couple of disabled people like this. They scream at people to get out of their way. When they don't, they deliberately use their electric wheelchairs to ram people.

There's nothing to do but ban them, temporarily or permanently. However, it's tricky because of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The only thing you can do is document the incident well. Fortunately, we have cameras everywhere.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:52 am

Over here we call them Mobility Scooters, I use one.
The problems I have when out, are people on their bloody mobile phones who wonder around in a world of their own and don't look where they are going !I haven't run over any one yet, but I'v had many near misses.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:11 am

It's not a mobility scooter, it's a wheelchair. Did he just go off afterwards? It looked like he did.

By the way, mobility scooters can be banned from shops if they're deemed a menace.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:Yes, I'm on the board of the Golden Gate Transit, a sub-unit of the Golden Gate Bridge, and we have a couple of disabled people like this.  They scream at people to get out of their way.  When they don't, they deliberately use their electric wheelchairs to ram people.

they would regret it if they did it to me.

disability or no disability i'd punch them in the fucking face

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:18 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Yes, I'm on the board of the Golden Gate Transit, a sub-unit of the Golden Gate Bridge, and we have a couple of disabled people like this.  They scream at people to get out of their way.  When they don't, they deliberately use their electric wheelchairs to ram people.

they would regret it if they did it to me.

disability or no disability i'd punch them in the fucking face

One lady I'm thinking about, did regret it. She ran into an old man with a cane, screaming for him to get-out-the-way. He turned around and whacked her. Imagine sorting that one out. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down