NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody had the knock on the door yet ?

3 posters

Go down

Anybody had the knock on the door yet ? Empty Anybody had the knock on the door yet ?

Post by gerber Mon May 12, 2014 7:26 pm

We have no knocking. Most disappointed. I have been known to keep the party I am least likely to vote for standing on the pathe for quite some time whilst I esnure I am interested a waiverer a possible and gleen as much useless claptrap as humanely possible from ninconpoops.

Only to prevent them going to where they will get a vote that will obliterate mine for my party.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Anybody had the knock on the door yet ? Empty Re: Anybody had the knock on the door yet ?

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 7:29 pm

gerber wrote:We have no knocking.  Most disappointed.  I have been known to keep the party I am least likely to vote for standing on the pathe for quite some time whilst I esnure I am interested a waiverer a possible and gleen as much useless claptrap as humanely possible from ninconpoops.

Only to prevent them going to where they will get a vote that will obliterate mine for my party.

They never come here Gerbs, staunch Labour area so labour dont bother, staunch labour area so the tories dont bother and the Lib Dems probably couldnt find the place.
Only ones to even have any bilboards up round here are UKIP

Back to top Go down

Anybody had the knock on the door yet ? Empty Re: Anybody had the knock on the door yet ?

Post by gerber Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Nems wrote:
gerber wrote:We have no knocking.  Most disappointed.  I have been known to keep the party I am least likely to vote for standing on the pathe for quite some time whilst I esnure I am interested a waiverer a possible and gleen as much useless claptrap as humanely possible from ninconpoops.

They never come here Gerbs, staunch Labour area so labour dont bother, staunch labour area so the tories dont bother and the Lib Dems probably couldnt find the place.
Only ones to even have any bilboards up round here are UKIP

We are staunch Conservative here. Or so I thought. Last local elections UKIP almost got in, very few votes in it.....

" Detailed Results for Hackleton And Grange Park

Conservative Party
A breakdown of voting attendance and results.

2013 Winning Party
Conservative Conservative

2013 Winning Candidate
Clarke, Michael

Party Candidate Votes Share of vote (%)
Conservative Clarke, Michael 1553 42.3
UK Independence Party Rubython, Tom 1504 41.0
Labour Grant, Ian 449 12.2
Liberal Democrat Paterson, Angela 165 4.5

2013 Total Votes Cast:3671
2013 Majority:49
2013 Turnout (%):36.59
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Blimey Gerbs that was close

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 pm

We have had a few leaflets but no knock at the door lol
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon May 12, 2014 8:59 pm

David wrote:

David, we in the Uk are accused of voter apathy, maybe rightly but if the people needing our vote can't be bothered to see us face to face why should they / we get wet when turning out to vote. When I was involved in politics door knocking was the best bit........Smile and the world ( village ) smiles with you. It was engaging and meeting new friends.

Maybe the postal vote has killed of all democracy as we know it.

Why bother to vote if no one can be bothered to ask. Remember the mega phone reminding all......

Offering lifts if someone can't get to the polling station..... A by gone era and a by gone democracy.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 13, 2014 9:57 am

gerber wrote:
David wrote:

David, we in the Uk are accused of voter apathy, maybe rightly but if the people needing our vote can't be bothered to see us face to face why should they / we get wet when turning out to vote.  When I was involved in politics door knocking was the best bit........Smile and the world ( village ) smiles with you.  It was engaging and meeting new friends.

Why bother to vote if no one can be bothered to ask.   Remember the mega phone reminding all......

Offering lifts if someone can't get to the polling station..... A by gone era and a by gone democracy.

I think the politicians can't be bothered as long as they get elected. Postal votes should not stop candidates canvassing though.
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue May 13, 2014 10:14 am

David wrote:
gerber wrote:

David, we in the Uk are accused of voter apathy, maybe rightly but if the people needing our vote can't be bothered to see us face to face why should they / we get wet when turning out to vote.  When I was involved in politics door knocking was the best bit........Smile and the world ( village ) smiles with you.  It was engaging and meeting new friends.

Why bother to vote if no one can be bothered to ask.   Remember the mega phone reminding all......

I think the politicians can't be bothered as long as they get elected.  Postal votes should not stop candidates canvassing though.

My outlaws have already posted their votes, did so a few days ago. The election is not yet in full swing nor had they had all the info through the door from the main parties.

So if people have voted why knock......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 13, 2014 11:00 am

gerber wrote:
David wrote:

I think the politicians can't be bothered as long as they get elected.  Postal votes should not stop candidates canvassing though.

My outlaws have already posted their votes, did so a few days ago.  The election is not yet in full swing nor had they had all the info through the door from the main parties.

So if people have voted why knock......

True gerbs I did not see it that way  study 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Keep calm

And vote UKIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Yep, do that, then if there is another vote on labelling halal and kosher meat they will abstain again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:04 pm

We've received leaflets from those 3 racist parties LibLabCon but as I'm not a racist or bigot,the leaflets have gone into the recycling bag.

And when I looked at the Labour leaflet with an image of Ed Milliband....I shuddered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Shady wrote:We've received leaflets from those 3 racist parties LibLabCon but as I'm not a racist or bigot,the leaflets have gone into the recycling bag.

And when I looked at the Labour leaflet with an image of Ed Milliband....I shuddered.

Not half as much as I did at the pic of Farage, UG, UG and double UG.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue May 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Shady wrote:We've received leaflets from those 3 racist parties LibLabCon but as I'm not a racist or bigot,the leaflets have gone into the recycling bag.

Good afternoon Admiral

I consider myself to have a very lucky escape then. Liebour's bumpff has not arrived.

Are you OK, is medication required ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Sassy wrote:

Not half as much as I did at the pic of Farage,   UG, UG and double UG.

Get on with you,you silly bugger What a Face 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:29 pm

gerber wrote:

Good afternoon Admiral

I consider myself to have a very lucky escape then.  Liebour's bumpff has not arrived.

Are you OK,  is medication required ?

Well I must admit that I did take quite a turn Gerbs but then an angel like image of Saint Farage appeared.

And I was embraced in a warm glowing feeling of goodness which made me feel much better.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Well we still have no leaflets :aspffftas: 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue May 13, 2014 4:39 pm

David wrote:Well we still have no leaflets :aspffftas: 

Bet you have selloptaped your letterbox shut.......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue May 13, 2014 4:57 pm

I have a sign on front door saying:

No soliciting
We are too broke to buy anything
We know who we are voting for
We are already saved
Seriously unless you have thin mints
Please go away

For the limeys - thin mints are delicious girl scout cookies that get sold once a year

Bought the sign at a shop in San Diego
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Cass wrote:I have a sign on front door saying:

No soliciting
We are already saved
Please go away

For the limeys - thin mints are delicious girl scout cookies that get sold once a year

Brilliant sign! Laughing 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:44 pm

David wrote:
Cass wrote:I have a sign on front door saying:

No soliciting
We are already saved
Please go away

Brilliant sign! Laughing 

There's a bloke round our way who has this sign pinned up on the inside door of his front porch...FUCK OFF.

I like him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue May 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Shady wrote:
David wrote:

Brilliant sign! Laughing 

There's a bloke round our way who has this sign pinned up on the inside door of his front porch...FUCK OFF.

I like him.

I like his style but I need those cookies so I had to be polite.....for once.....you should hear what I say to unsolicited telephone callers.....
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down