NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newark by-election: Meet Roger Helmer, UKIP candidate whose views on immigration and gays make Nigel Farage look progressive...

4 posters

Go down

Newark by-election: Meet Roger Helmer, UKIP candidate whose views on immigration and gays make Nigel Farage look progressive... Empty Newark by-election: Meet Roger Helmer, UKIP candidate whose views on immigration and gays make Nigel Farage look progressive...

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:28 am

UKIP is bidding to make history on Thursday by winning its first Commons seat in the Newark by-election. The contest follows the resignation of the town’s former Conservative MP Patrick Mercer over a ‘cash-for-access’ scandal. If Nigel Farage’s candidate, Roger Helmer, overturns the Tories’ 16,000 majority at the last Election, it will cause an even bigger shock than Ukip’s Euro election triumph.

Nigel Farage may be Britain’s best-known politically incorrect politician, but not for long if Ukip’s Roger Helmer wins the Newark by-election.

He supports the repatriation of immigrants to their native countries. ‘If someone says, “I came here, gave it a try, don’t like it, can’t stand the weather, I’d really like to go back to Pakistan but I can’t afford to go.” I’d have no objection to taxpayers’ money being used to assist them – but not forcibly,’ he adds quickly.

He insists he is ‘fairly relaxed’ about gays, but maintains homophobia does not exist and accuses ‘strident’ gay rights groups of using it for political ends. He opposes same-sex marriage. ‘Marriage is defined by history, culture and reproductive biology and deserves special respect in society. (I am) perfectly relaxed about other relationships but they don’t justify the same respect.’ And he claims the Catholic Church is ‘systematically paedophile’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644905/Newark-election-Will-brazen-dandy-really-cause-UKIP-earthquake-Meet-Roger-Helmer-Tory-defector-views-immigration-gays-make-Nigel-Farage-look-progressive.html

Back to top Go down

Newark by-election: Meet Roger Helmer, UKIP candidate whose views on immigration and gays make Nigel Farage look progressive... Empty Re: Newark by-election: Meet Roger Helmer, UKIP candidate whose views on immigration and gays make Nigel Farage look progressive...

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 am

OK, saying you'd use taxpayer money to repatriate someone who genuinely requests it is fairly generous, if rather unusual.

Homophobia exists or gay people wouldn't be harassed for being gay, would they?

Marriage is historically defined? Well that's the thing about history, it's always changing. Someday today will be history and the way we define marriage will be historic. So ...

And I think it's a stretch to say the Catholic church is "systematically" pedophile. It's a pedophile magnet and it has covered up abuse, but "systematic" makes it sound like he's saying perpetuating pedophilia is part of the church's mission.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Newark by-election: Meet Roger Helmer, UKIP candidate whose views on immigration and gays make Nigel Farage look progressive... Empty Re: Newark by-election: Meet Roger Helmer, UKIP candidate whose views on immigration and gays make Nigel Farage look progressive...

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:50 am

Read the rest of the article and read about the Tory candidate. If you don't like the UKIP man at least what you see is what you get. Check out the hypocrisy of the Tory man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:02 am

He sounds pretty awful himself. To be honest, though, I got distracted by a picture of Cara Santana halfway through reading it  Embarassed 

But yeah, I always prefer honesty in my scumbags. I always thought the one moment I felt I knew where Mitt Romney stood was when he was secretly recorded saying about half of Americans think of ourselves as victims and that the government owes us everything. He'd never say it publicly but at least at that point we knew what he stood for.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:06 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, saying you'd use taxpayer money to repatriate someone who genuinely requests it is fairly generous, if rather unusual.

Marriage is historically defined? Well that's the thing about history, it's always changing. Someday today will be history and the way we define marriage will be historic. So ...

And I think it's a stretch to say the Catholic church is "systematically" pedophile. It's a pedophile magnet and it has covered up abuse, but "systematic" makes it sound like he's saying perpetuating pedophilia is part of the church's mission.

Gays scream homophobia at cats and dogs for looking at them in a way they don't like

Homophobia does not exist except in the eyes of gays

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:09 am

What about the gay people who have been assaulted and even murdered for being gay, smelly?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:12 am

Well at least there is much truth to the Church part , as we are still hearing instances about that today ...

As I was growing up as a bairn getting ready for school, stories of Priests sexually abusing little boys were absolutely rife...

I doubt he will get many takers on moving back to native countries ...

And in just not sold on what he says about gay people..yes I believe some are a bit OTT like Daffyd Thomas on Little Britain, but the majority are fine...

His constituency area may well strongly agree with him on all fronts though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:51 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, saying you'd use taxpayer money to repatriate someone who genuinely requests it is fairly generous, if rather unusual.

That's been policy for years in England Benji. Labour and probably still the Conservatives don't just pay to repatriate - they give generous amounts of money for them to start new lives back where they came from - FACT!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:59 am

Tory millionaire or retired Army officer who served his country with honour. Hmm that took me about 1 nanosecond to choose. Good luck Roger.

cheers 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644905/Newark-election-Will-brazen-dandy-really-cause-UKIP-earthquake-Meet-Roger-Helmer-Tory-defector-views-immigration-gays-make-Nigel-Farage-look-progressive.html#ixzz33NsJPHZD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:07 pm

From what he says in article, I agree.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:16 pm

And what happens if say a nice Muslim family decide to take the offer up, but then decide a year later they want to come back to live in Britain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:What about the gay people who have been assaulted and even murdered for being gay, smelly?

Tragic but

No different to whites being murdered in South Africa for being white

No different to Christians being murdered for being Christian

No different to blacks killed by the KKK

What's your point??

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Joy Division wrote:And what happens if say a nice Muslim family decide to take the offer up, but then decide a year later they want to come back to live in Britain?

Not supposed to be used to pay for them to have a holiday.

Laughing

Obviously they could apply for entry as fresh application.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Puzzler Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Joy Division wrote:Well at least there is much truth to the Church part , as we are still hearing instances about that today ...

As I was growing up as a bairn getting ready for school, stories of Priests sexually abusing little boys were absolutely rife...

I doubt he will get many takers on moving back to native countries ...

And in just not sold on what he says about gay people..yes I believe some are a bit OTT like Daffyd Thomas on Little Britain, but the majority are fine...

His constituency area may well strongly agree with him on all fronts though.

No, it's too lucrative to live here after all.
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:58 pm

Joy Division wrote:And  what happens if say a nice Muslim family decide to take the offer up, but then decide a year later they want to come back to live in Britain?

Not sure JD - what have the rules been for the past 20 years?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/300369/AVR_guidance_v10.0EXT.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Some interesting points:

This page tells you the assistance available for those who return under the voluntary
assisted return and reintegration programme (VARRP).

Choices will:

 help the applicant get travel documentation, if needed
 arrange and pay for flights
 arrange transport to the UK departure airport, if needed
 give assistance at the departure airport, and
 arrange onward transport, if needed, when back in the country of origin or the third
country to which a person is permanently admissible (country of return).

Those who return under VARRP are eligible for up to £1,500 worth of reintegration
assistance for each person, including a £500 relocation grant in cash on departure for
immediate resettlement needs.

Once home, a range of reintegration assistance options are available, tailored to the
returnee’s individual needs. This assistance is to help returnees to make an income and
become financially independent. To take up this part of the reintegration assistance,
returnees must contact Choices within one month of their return. All reintegration assistance
is supplied within the first six months of return.

Reintegration assistance can be used for any of the following:

 business set-up
 education
 vocational training
 job placement
 housing (temporary accommodation or for repair work)
 childcare fees, or

In this section
VARRP eligibility
Page 12 of 31 Guidance – Assisted voluntary returns – version 10.0 Valid from 2 April 2014
 medical and psychosocial support.

To Benji-Boy - generous, yes, our choice, no,  certainly bloody not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Eligible groups
The programme is open to anyone (including dependants) of a person, who:

 has been accepted by the Home Office as a victim of trafficking
 has entered the UK illegally, having been smuggled from abroad
 has otherwise entered the UK illegally
 has been granted conditional leave to enter or to remain, but breached one or more
conditions of that leave, or
 has not applied for asylum but has been granted discretionary leave to remain in the
UK outside the Immigration Rules.

So people who break our laws are also given our money - free flights, free advice, grants, anything they want.

And UKIP want to continue this, hopefully they'll speed things up a little - RACIST? No.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:10 pm

1999 eh?

The Voluntary Assisted Return and Reintegration Programme (VARRP) has been in place since 1999 and is co-funded by the European Refugee Fund. Under VARRP, IOM, working with its UK partner, the charity Refugee Action, provides advice and help with obtaining travel documents and booking flights, and financial help with resettlement in the home country to current and former asylum seekers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:12 pm

And here's another scheme. 2006 eh?

Facilitated Returns Scheme (FRS) is a voluntary returns scheme for foreign national prisoners (FNPs), and accounts for nearly a third of all FNP removals. The scheme was introduced in 2006. Since October 2009, the package given to non-EEA prisoners who agree to leave the UK at the end of their sentence includes a £500 cash payment and a reintegration package worth up to £3,000 – or up to £5,000 for those who leave before the end of their sentence, either under the Early Removal Scheme or by applying to continue their sentence in their home country. The reintegration package is paid in kind, and is used to set up a business, or help in education or accommodation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:29 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

Gays scream homophobia at cats and dogs for looking at them in a way they don't like

Homophobia does not exist except in the eyes of gays

Really, that is news to me, I suppose next you will be telling me there were never laws once that made being homosexual illegal and even punishable by death?
So you believe persecution happens to Christians and not homosexuals, explain that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Oh look

Didge the defender is back from hiding

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:58 pm

As usual smelly has no answer and runs as he always does or complain to Ben I post UKIP stories and that I must leave as he is so afraid of having his posts torn apart..

::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:05 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:Oh look

Didge the defender is back from hiding

If sir will but simply scroll up, however, sir will see for himself that sir's post was answered earlier by me. And might I humbly point out that sir never answered my question?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:09 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:And  what happens if say a nice Muslim family decide to take the offer up, but then decide a year later they want to come back to live in Britain?

Not sure JD - what have the rules been for the past 20 years?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/300369/AVR_guidance_v10.0EXT.pdf

So they can just return if they so wish , after tax payer money to send them on their way...with a bit extra on top Andy??

Would be a bit of a waste of the money if they wanted to return, that's all I'm saying...I think it might be a good idea.,,so long as it's not forced just like the guy says,,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:11 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:What about the gay people who have been assaulted and even murdered for being gay, smelly?

Tragic but

What's your point??

My point was to show how incorrect sir was to say that homophobia does not exist; would sir kindly concede that I was correct and that sir was wrong?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:11 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Love your protest song JD

Which song Tess?

Ah it's loaded now Tess...who the fcuk is that?

Last edited by Joy Division on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Tragic but

What's your point??

My point was to show how incorrect sir was to say that homophobia does not exist; would sir kindly concede that I was correct and that sir was wrong?

When Helmer said 'homophobia' didn't exist, he was being pedantic:

"...‘Phobia is well defined in psychiatry – get a definition of it,’ he barks. ‘We [Ukip] don’t deny there’s prejudice against minorities, and we condemn it. However, it isn’t a phobia. When people say “we support traditional marriage”, Stonewall says, “Homophobia, homophobia”. It’s a perfectly respectable position to take, it doesn’t require abuse and isn’t a phobia.’"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

"...‘Phobia is well defined in psychiatry – get a definition of it,’ he barks. ‘We [Ukip] don’t deny there’s prejudice against minorities, and we condemn it. However, it isn’t a phobia. When people say “we support traditional marriage”, Stonewall says, “Homophobia, homophobia”. It’s a perfectly respectable position to take, it doesn’t require abuse and isn’t a phobia.’"

phobia
ˈfəʊbɪə/Submit
noun
an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

He clearly thus does not understand the definition of phobia then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Ah, well, obviously most English speakers will continue to use "homophobia" to mean "prejudice against gays," whether or not a few self-appointed language purists (who also just so happen to take offense at having their prejudices pointed out to them) like it or not.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

phobia
ˈfəʊbɪə/Submit
noun

..according to your definition - where's the link? Google "definition of phobia" and you'll get many, all of which describe it as an irrational FEAR. The term's been bastardized recently I expect; doesn't make it correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:50 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

phobia
ˈfəʊbɪə/Submit
noun

..according to your definition - where's the link?  Google "definition of phobia" and you'll get many, all of which describe it as an irrational FEAR.  The term's been bastardized recently I expect; doesn't make it correct.

It is a fear of homosexuals do you not think if you deny them the same rights you have as how is it not fear?
Now fear cam mean:
be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or harmful.

I think that covers the view very well in regards to views of some who dislike homosexuality.

Again it also means aversion to.

An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/phobia

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Roger Helmer. This is the guy that thinks that it's the fault of some women if the get raped.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13532908

He also thinks it's right to shoot kids on sight. A reference to the riots in London

Newark by-election: Meet Roger Helmer, UKIP candidate whose views on immigration and gays make Nigel Farage look progressive... Screen-shot-2011-08-09-at-10.54.39

What a clown.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:56 pm

He also thinks the NHS should be funded to cure homosexuals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:57 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Tory millionaire or retired Army officer who served his country with honour. Hmm that took me about 1 nanosecond to choose. Good luck Roger.

cheers 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644905/Newark-election-Will-brazen-dandy-really-cause-UKIP-earthquake-Meet-Roger-Helmer-Tory-defector-views-immigration-gays-make-Nigel-Farage-look-progressive.html#ixzz33NsJPHZD

Who is the retired army officer Andy?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Meet the candidates..

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Didge wrote:He also thinks the NHS should be funded to cure homosexuals.

He also employs an EU migrant to work on his election campaign. So much for UKIP mouthing about migrants pinching jobs from British workers then. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:28 pm

I agree - phobia means fear of something.

So, what is wrong with having a fear of something, whether irrational or not?

I think a certain section of our country think that everybody with a fear will act aggresively to get rid of that fear.

Is Roger Helmer homophobic? Let's say he is. Is he going to go out on a Saturday night and beat a load of gays up? Probably not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:31 am

BigAndy9 wrote:I agree - phobia means fear of something.

So, what is wrong with having a fear of something, whether irrational or not?

I think a certain section of our country think that everybody with a fear will act aggresively to get rid of that fear.

Is Roger Helmer homophobic?  Let's say he is.  Is he going to go out on a Saturday night and beat a load of gays up?  Probably not.

Ukip hopeful ‘fought with’ one-armed disabled man as gaffe-prone election campaign takes another twist

The party has claimed Roger Helmer was provoked as he gave an interview to a paper in Newark.

But rivals have insisted the 70-year-old, who has likened homosexuality to mental illness, started a fight with a one-armed man when he was asked about his expenses.

The protestor he fought with, David Challoner, lost an arm in his job at a steelworks.

A spokesman for Ukip said: ‘A rentamob turned up led by a councillor chanting “Roger down”.

‘He tried to take the megaphone and was pulled away. He wasn’t arrested and he’s not heard from the police.’

The latest scandal came a day after Nigel Farage’s deputy told protesters to ‘f*** off’ during a leafleting drive.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/19/ukip-hopeful-fought-with-one-armed-disabled-man-as-gaffe-prone-election-campaign-takes-another-twist-4733572/

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:54 pm

"...

A spokesman for Ukip said: ‘A rentamob turned up led by a councillor chanting “Roger down”.

‘He tried to take the megaphone and was pulled away. He wasn’t arrested and he’s not heard from the police.’..."

Bloody lefties causing trouble again....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:"...

‘He tried to take the megaphone and was pulled away. He wasn’t arrested and he’s not heard from the police.’..."

Oh, so their freedom of speech takes second place to Roger's right to beat up a man who only has one arm?

Bloody righties trying to think again ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:"...

Oh, so their freedom of speech takes second place to Roger's right to beat up a man who only has one arm?

Bloody righties trying to think again ...
"Beat up a man" - hardly!

When I googled it for another link, it was in the Times, where it said it was actually one of Helmer's aides who tried to take the microphone, but I can't call up the story because you have to subscribe to the Times.  Typical diversion of the truth to smear UKIP, as usual.  Also, bear in mind that Mr Helmer is a 70 year old man, not a young thug!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:36 pm

It's the leftie 'rent a mob' who turn up at others events causing trouble and trying to prevent others rights to free speech that is the problem.

Just look at the state/labour sponsored group UAF and SWP who do exactly that.

They are more like fascist thugs than anyone else!!!

Their sole intention is to harass and cause trouble, shouting down anyone and any thing that doesn't fit with their leftie agenda. Suppression of free speech and differing opinion is their prime objective.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Here's a prime example, the BNP had organised a completely legal and authorised gathering in parliament square, and with a planned walk up Whitehall with the aim of laying a wreath at the cenotaph some five hundred yards away.

There were only about 70 of them in total, many women were among them, some children.

A completely peaceful and lawful assembly.

Then the UAF and lefties turn up, about a thousand of them, in a completely illegal and unlawful demonstration group, trying to block the BNPs planned and lawful route progress.

They have to be held back by the thin line of police and had over 50 of them arrested and led away onto waiting busses.....

The media then roll out the story as if it was the BNP causing the trouble etc.....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334312/Anti-fascist-protestors-arrested-packed-London-buses-following-violent-clashes-BNP-outside-Parliament.html
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down