NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith-healing couple's beliefs to be heard in trial over manslaughter death of their daughter

+3
veya_victaous
SEXY MAMA
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Faith-healing couple's beliefs to be heard in trial over manslaughter death of their daughter - Page 2 Empty Faith-healing couple's beliefs to be heard in trial over manslaughter death of their daughter

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 31, 2014 8:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

A judge has rejected the request of an Oregon couple — accused of manslaughter in the death their 12-year-old daughter — to have their faith-healing beliefs excluded from the trial.

Judge Daniel Murphy ruled that the beliefs of Travis and Wenona Rossiter constitute motive evidence, and that absent such evidence, their actions would appear “wanton and grossly reckless” in a manner that would prejudice the jury.

“The court cannot find that evidence of a religious motive is more prejudicial in this case than the absence of such evidence,” Murphy wrote.

The Rossiters are members of the Church of the First Born, a fundamentalist Christian organization that believes that modern medicine is sinful, and teaches members that God will heal the worthy through the power of their faith.

Their daughter, Syble Rossiter, died in February 2013 from complications of her untreated diabetes.

At a preliminary hearing, the couple’s attorney, Tim Felling, argued that the Church of the First Born’s beliefs were both irrelevant and prejudicial, and insisted that his clients be “tried for the actions of that day, not for [their] religious beliefs.”

Earlier this year, a Pennsylvania couple whose refusal to seek medical attention for their 7-month-old son led to the boy’s death was sentenced to three-and-a-half to seven years on third-degree murder charges.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/30/judge-jury-will-hear-about-oregon-couples-faith-healing-beliefs-in-trial-over-dead-child/

How can people commit such barbaric acts in the name of Christ?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Faith-healing couple's beliefs to be heard in trial over manslaughter death of their daughter - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith-healing couple's beliefs to be heard in trial over manslaughter death of their daughter

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:30 pm

eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

A great deal of what they believe to be true and force on their followers has caused pain and death over the years, it is stupid the blood issue is just one thing they have done that is completely scripturally unsound yet they force it as if God commands it, crazy but they have their followers so brainwashed they do not challenge anything..

Have you ever been pounced on by them?
They are polite but very insistent!

I love them coming to talk to me, I like showing them where they misuse the bible, very sincere people but unfortunately they are sincerely wrong... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Faith-healing couple's beliefs to be heard in trial over manslaughter death of their daughter - Page 2 Empty Re: Faith-healing couple's beliefs to be heard in trial over manslaughter death of their daughter

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:33 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:I dont believe I have ever been "pounced on" by them... affraid 
and I usually find I can entertain them for a while by introducing them to MY beliefs, and by pointing out to them the flaws in their "holy book"..... Evil or Very Mad 

HAHAHAHAHA battle of the Gods lol

I always say to them or anyone who knocks on my door
"I have God in my heart, and I teach my children his ways, but I don't do religion"

I am never rude, they're only doing what they consider their "work"
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:36 pm

eddie wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:I dont believe I have ever been "pounced on" by them... affraid 
and I usually find I can entertain them for a while by introducing them to MY beliefs, and by pointing out to them the flaws in their "holy book"..... Evil or Very Mad 

HAHAHAHAHA battle of the Gods lol

I always say to them or anyone who knocks on my door
"I have God in my heart, and I teach my children his ways, but I don't do religion"

I am never rude, they're only doing what they consider their "work"

amen , it is exactly the right way to be... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2