NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pope Francis: We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to children of gay couples

2 posters

Go down

Pope Francis: We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to children of gay couples Empty Pope Francis: We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to children of gay couples

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:01 pm

Pope Francis has spoken out to express concern at the way the Catholic Church deals with the children of gay couples.
Speaking in the interview given in November and published in Italian Jesuit magazine, La Civiltà Cattolica, the Pope said some situations arising from the children of gay or divorced couples “provide us with new challenges which sometimes are difficult to understand.”
He went on to question: “How can we proclaim Christ to these boys and girls? How can we proclaim Christ to a generation that is changing?
“We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to them.”
The Pope’s recent comments on homosexuality have caused waves among supporters and critics.
The editor of Telegraph Blogs has written a column questioning the decision by Time Magazine to name Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, noting a recent revelation that he said he was “shocked” by gay adoption in Malta.
Pope Francis was in early December named Time magazine’s Person of the Year, and then later received the same honour from US LGBT publication the Advocate
However, speaking to reporters in July during a plane journey back to the Vatican following his trip to Brazil, Pope Francis said that gay people should not be judged or marginalised and should be integrated into society.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/01/04/pope-francis-we-must-be-careful-not-to-administer-a-vaccine-against-faith-to-children-of-gay-couples/

Well it would seem that he is starting to show his true colours, i for one knew that it was a bit hard to believe that the Catholic church was becoming a bit more forward thinking.

He's a good PR man for them, but underneath as rotten to the core as the rest of them and their gawd forbidden and disgusting hypocritical church  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Pope Francis: We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to children of gay couples Empty Pope Francis surprises nuns in Spain with phone call

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:47 am

Nuns in a convent in southern Spain have told local media of their surprise at an answerphone message they received from Pope Francis on New Year's Eve.

Pope Francis was previously archbishop of Buenos Aires and knew some of the nuns at the convent as they also are from Argentina.

The nuns were at prayer when the Pope rang.

On hearing the message, they rang their bishop to try to get back in contact, but the Pope rang back in the evening.

Sister Adriana, the prioress of the convent, told COPE radio "she wanted to die" on hearing the message.

"Our friendship goes back 15 years but I never thought the Pope would remember us," she said.

A recording of the message has been played on Spanish media.

"What can the nuns be doing that they can't answer?", it begins.

"Pope Francis speaking, I wanted to say hello to you at the end of the year. I'll see if I can call you again later. God bless you."

Since taking up his post last year, Pope Francis has struck a more informal note than his predecessor, underlining his reputation for simplicity and humility.

Born Jorge Mario Bergoglio, he named himself Francis after a 12th-Century Italian saint who turned his back on an aristocratic lifestyle to work with the poor.

He has eschewed some of the more regal trappings of high office, made headlines by washing the feet of prisoners, and called for power to be devolved away from the Vatican.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25598450

OMG!

What a fucking cunt!  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Pope Francis: We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to children of gay couples Empty Re: Pope Francis: We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to children of gay couples

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 am

Yeah living in a B&B and actually spending his own time with the sick and poor is all a big PR exercise. He is only reaching out and touching these people to make himself look good.

For once phil the catholic church seems to have at its head a man who genuinely understands the philosophy of Christ and tries to live it himself rather than lecturing others to live it from an ivory tower. I for one am humbled by this man and I am not even a lapsed catholic but no catholic at all.

Back to top Go down

Pope Francis: We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to children of gay couples Empty Re: Pope Francis: We must be careful not to administer a vaccine against faith to children of gay couples

Post by nicko Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:11 pm

that was absolute crap cat,can't you do a post without being so bitter?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:41 pm

How am I being bitter? As far as can see Pope Francis is genuine and someone we should be looking to emulate and phil is accusing him of doing it all as a PR exercise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:31 pm

I think Pope Francis comes across as being very genuine.
Change has to come within the church, but it will be slow. More like him are needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:40 pm

nicko wrote:that was absolute crap cat,can't you do a post without being so bitter?

It's not crap at all! Go back and read what he said in the OP!  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Catman wrote:
nicko wrote:that was absolute crap cat,can't you do a post without being so bitter?

What about gays not being judged or marginalized? What a shocking thing to say  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:00 pm

sphinx wrote:
Catman wrote:

What about gays not being judged or marginalized?  What a shocking thing to say  Rolling Eyes 

He's saying that gay parents will bringing up their children to hate religion!  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Like this PN reader comment....

Sounds like an act of desperation. He sees the western world changing in it’s acceptance of equal marriage and more Catholics are distancing themselves from doctrine, hence that survey he’s requested. He doesn’t want to be seen as an extremist like his predecessor but I’m afraid it’s a bit too late. I think it’s mere window dressing to distract from the reality that modern Catholics today no longer subscribe to much of the doctrine and in fact reject it. The church is haemorrhaging badly and he knows it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:

What about gays not being judged or marginalized?  What a shocking thing to say  Rolling Eyes 

He's saying that gay parents will bringing up their children to hate religion!  Rolling Eyes

Oh my god phil is that what you think he meant?

He meant that if religious authorities continue to reject and abuse gay people the children they love and raise will reject the church.  That is why he included divorced parents in the same statement.  Do divorced parents bring their children up hating the church?  No, but the attitude of the church can inoculate the children against itself.

He was calling for gays to be included more you ninny.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:48 pm

@cat
I think you misunderstood the pope..

He is asking how can we reach the new generation (that do have gay or divorced parents) ? I think he is saying that the church cant keep hating on gays or it will lose a generation that has moved past hating gays and you will have some very vocal advocates against them in the next generation when the Children of these couples are adults. The Child from an Abused/Broken home that is adopted by a gay couple is highly unlikely to accept any religion that teaches that the people that showed them such kindness to them are goign to hell.

I agree it is doing badly but so does all religious Faith in the Face of the truth.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:52 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@cat
I think you misunderstood the pope..

He is asking how can we reach the new generation (that do have gay or divorced parents) ?  I think he is saying that the church cant keep hating on gays or it will lose a generation that has moved past hating gays and you will have some very vocal advocates against them in the next generation when the Children of these couples are adults.  The Child from an Abused/Broken home that is adopted by a gay couple is highly unlikely to accept any religion that teaches that the people that showed them such kindness to them are goign to hell.

I agree it is doing badly but so does all religious Faith in the Face of the truth.

I thought that i might have misunderstood, so i read the reader comments to the article...We must have all misunderstood then!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:02 am

Well Phil that is both Veya and I who have read that as a call to be accepting of gay and divorced parent because if you reject the parents the child will forever hate you. Could it be the reader comments are from people so used to the church slagging off gays that they could not hear when something different was said?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:08 am

sphinx wrote:Well Phil that is both Veya and I who have read that as a call to be accepting of gay and divorced parent because if you reject the parents the child will forever hate you.  Could it be the reader comments are from people so used to the church slagging off gays that they could not hear when something different was said?

Not really, there are a mixture of different people that post to Pink News...Even the most intelligent ones have come to the same conclusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 am

@catman
I think so  :::grouch::  :::grouch::  :::grouch::  :::grouch:: 
those 28 comments on pink news make no sense.
some are just attacks on religion (fair enough but not relating to what is said) and some just seem to have taken the wildest tangent possible
"Joe4 Jan, 4:04pm
Where does the Church get the idea that children of “GAY” parents have a problem with their faith, It is the parents that are Gay and not them. It is the Church that perceives there is a problem not the child"
huh? doesn't even make sense, i think joe thinks Faith is something some one has to have.

This poster seemed to get the point.... then lost it..... you don't blame the man Trying to get them to change for the better.
"SFM4 Jan, 6:46pm
Who would want to join a church that insults your parents? P.U. Popey"

"Who would want to join a church that insults your parents?" is what the Pope is saying to other Catholic leaders. He is telling the Catholics to Stop Insulting Gays.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down