NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couldn't Sleep Last Night

4 posters

Go down

Couldn't Sleep Last Night Empty Couldn't Sleep Last Night

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:11 am

23rd May 2014

Because of the rumbles of the EARTHQUAKE!

Nigel Farage has claimed his party will win double the number of seats predicted as UKIP makes significant gains across the country.

Early on Friday morning UKIP had already surpassed the 80 seats it had been expected to take, dealing a significant blow to the main parties.

UKIP took seats of both Labour and the Conservatives in their heartlands, which was particularly damaging to Ed Miliband, who has been accused by his own party of running a "unforgiveably unprofessional" campaign.

Labour lost its grip in the north and, in a serious blow, the party lost control of Thurrock, a key marginal for the General Election in 2015, to no overall control, losing two seats to UKIP.

http://news.sky.com/story/1267177/local-elections-ukip-makes-significant-gains

Back to top Go down

Couldn't Sleep Last Night Empty Re: Couldn't Sleep Last Night

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:13 am

Ed hears the news while eating humble pie:

Couldn't Sleep Last Night Ed-mil10

Then realises that Chef (probably an ex Labour, now UKIP voter) has switched the pie for a shit sandwich:

Couldn't Sleep Last Night Ed-mil11

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 23, 2014 8:14 am

Wow.
No matter what posters on here say, the people of Britain are fed up of immigration!!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:16 am

eddie wrote:Wow.
No matter what posters on here say, the people of Britain are fed up of immigration!!!

eddie - they have always known this, they just don't like it and don't listen to other peoples' concerns, whether they are genuine or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:16 am

the results aren't out yet for our area .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:17 am

This will be a wake up call for the main parties .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 23, 2014 8:33 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:Wow.

eddie - they have always known this, they just don't like it and don't listen to other peoples' concerns, whether they are genuine or not.

Tbh Andy, the posters here that point blank refuse to listen haven't been directly and personally affected by it, that's why.

Everyone knows I'm not racist but if I show a concern over the fact I feel we're becoming over-crowded I get facts and figures thrown at me and made to feel like I'm being rotten!

The shortage of housing in my area is obvious to see and it doesn't take a genius to work out that one in about seven families are Eastern European....

I know that it's affecting education and jobs too as I have been to many governor meetings and training sessions and met people from schools all over the country and there are many opinions made by many professionals on the this too.

Now watch me being told it's all rubbish and what I've said isn't true even though I'm witnessing it all the time, and that even the Eastern Europeans who have lived here ten years or more (I know only two personally who have lived here that long) are worried about Romanians, from personal experience in their own countries and those of friend s still living in their own countries.

Unless you are experiencing these things first-hand it is okay to say it's all okay.

But it isn't okay.

Common sense tells you, that if you keep flooding something small, with too many things, it's going to break.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:47 am

Yay!  The people have given the main parties the finger.  Makes me laugh, the denialists are still strutting around like pigeons saying it isn't that bad, on Sky today one said UKIP doesn't have any policies except immigration, bock bock bock...  then along comes Danny Alexander denying that Labour too have been trounced and that they've ignored the voters' concerns over immigration, saying that the UKIP vote's nothing to do with immigration, it's all about protesting against politics, bock bock bock....

Well, suckers, you can't have it both ways.  Face it, UKIP's shoved it up all of you.  

Couldn't Sleep Last Night 5a10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:49 am

Tesstacious wrote:Yay!  The people have given the main parties the finger.  Makes me laugh, the denialists are still strutting around like pigeons saying it isn't that bad, on Sky today one said UKIP doesn't have any policies except immigration, bock bock bock...  then along comes Danny Alexander denying that Labour too have been trounced and that they've ignored the voters' concerns over immigration, saying that the UKIP vote's nothing to do with immigration, it's all about protesting against politics, bock bock bock....

Well, suckers, you can't have it both ways.  Face it, UKIP's shoved it up all of you.  

::D:: cheers lol! great isn't it

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 23, 2014 8:55 am

Tesstacious wrote:Yay!  The people have given the main parties the finger.  Makes me laugh, the denialists are still strutting around like pigeons saying it isn't that bad, on Sky today one said UKIP doesn't have any policies except immigration, bock bock bock...  then along comes Danny Alexander denying that Labour too have been trounced and that they've ignored the voters' concerns over immigration, saying that the UKIP vote's nothing to do with immigration, it's all about protesting against politics, bock bock bock....

You think the UKIP vote will hold next year? Don't be silly Tess, everyone says that of third, fourth and fifth parties- Greens, BNP, UKIP and even the Liberals have done well in the past off protest votes in local elections then faded at the 'serious business' of a General Election.

As it stands Tess at a GE next with similar results the door would be blown open for a Labour-Liberal coalition  Smile 

And what policies do UKIP have apart from to have a referendum? Because UKIP seems to swing between Farage saying the old manifesto is now entirely redundant and he isn't talking about future elections, and so giving us no idea what they stand for.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 23, 2014 9:01 am

Some people here keep trumpeting "what polices do ukip have." for fcuk sake go to their web site and read em!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 9:02 am

Eilzel wrote:

You think the UKIP vote will hold next year? Don't be silly Tess, everyone says that of third, fourth and fifth parties- Greens, BNP, UKIP and even the Liberals have done well in the past off protest votes in local elections then faded at the 'serious business' of a General Election.

As it stands Tess at a GE next with similar results the door would be blown open for a Labour-Liberal coalition  Smile 

And what policies do UKIP have apart from to have a referendum? Because UKIP seems to swing between Farage saying the old manifesto is now entirely redundant and he isn't talking about future elections, and so giving us no idea what they stand for.

Les, that's what they were saying about the local elections! Truth is, neither the Tories nor Labour will get enough seats for a majority, and UKIP will take a fair number of seats, and will hold the balance of power. Why do you think Miliband's been so polite about Farage lately?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 23, 2014 9:09 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Les, that's what they were saying about the local elections!  Truth is, neither the Tories nor Labour will get enough seats for a majority, and UKIP will take a fair number of seats, and will hold the balance of power.  Why do you think Miliband's been so polite about Farage lately?

Because he doesn't want to be accused of shouting him down perhaps?

UKIP would have to maintain this portion of the vote for a couple of seats next year due to our voting system, and even in your immense optimism you must admit some of these votes are protests. The number of seats between Labour and Liberal will still outweight that of the Tories and UKIP.

As predicted it is the Tories who have suffered most from UKIP, losing a number of councils to no overall control; Labour have underperformed but are still winning. And the Liberals will probably hold 20 odd seats on current form.

I love your optimism, but realistically this is going exactly as anyone would have predicted.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Les, that's what they were saying about the local elections!  Truth is, neither the Tories nor Labour will get enough seats for a majority, and UKIP will take a fair number of seats, and will hold the balance of power.  Why do you think Miliband's been so polite about Farage lately?

UKIP would have to maintain this portion of the vote for a couple of seats next year due to our voting system, and even in your immense optimism you must admit some of these votes are protests. The number of seats between Labour and Liberal will still outweight that of the Tories and UKIP.

As predicted it is the Tories who have suffered most from UKIP, losing a number of councils to no overall control; Labour have underperformed but are still winning. And the Liberals will probably hold 20 odd seats on current form.

I love your optimism, but realistically this is going exactly as anyone would have predicted.
No Les, it definitely ISN'T going exactly as predicted! I watched at the start last night, and they predicted a total of about 80 seats for UKIP and for Labour to win over 200. Even on the number counted alone, which is, what, about a quarter, third? UKIP have got 105 seats and Labour not nearly as many as they expected. As for the Lib Dems - who are they again?
 Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 23, 2014 12:52 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

No Les, it definitely ISN'T going exactly as predicted!  I watched at the start last night, and they predicted a total of about 80 seats for UKIP and for Labour to win over 200.  Even on the number counted alone, which is, what, about a quarter, third? UKIP have got 105 seats and Labour not nearly as many as they expected.  As for the Lib Dems - who are they again?
 Cool 

To be honest I think you are being very naive; like it or not our current voting system will mean the Liberals still have far more seats than UKIP can even hope to have next week. Labour are at 150 and we haven't finished yet. So UKIP get a handful more councilors than expected, and as we all know many through protest votes. It is hardly the shock it is being bigged up as and will fall flat next year.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
No Les, it definitely ISN'T going exactly as predicted!  I watched at the start last night, and they predicted a total of about 80 seats for UKIP and for Labour to win over 200.  Even on the number counted alone, which is, what, about a quarter, third? UKIP have got 105 seats and Labour not nearly as many as they expected.  As for the Lib Dems - who are they again?
 Cool 

To be honest I think you are being very naive; like it or not our current voting system will mean the Liberals still have far more seats than UKIP can even hope to have next week. Labour are at 150 and we haven't finished yet. So UKIP get a handful more councilors than expected, and as we all know many through protest votes. It is hardly the shock it is being bigged up as and will fall flat next year.

Couldn't Sleep Last Night Libs10

Night night Lib Dems.  ::roglol:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Ha ha ha!!!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down