NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

L have to have my Cat put to sleep !

Go down

L have to have my Cat put to sleep ! Empty L have to have my Cat put to sleep !

Post by nicko on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:23 am

Foe two weeks now my Cat Scruff has been showing symptoms of Feline Dementia, he hardly eats and is sleeping most of the day, He sits staring at the Walls and wonders around looking confused ,he hardly recognises us , nor can he stand being touched. For the last two days he's been weeing in his bed. I can't bear to look at him being so confused . He's 14 years old and I love him . Vet has just phoned ,I'm to take him at 6pm . I can't stop crying even now.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

L have to have my Cat put to sleep ! Empty Re: L have to have my Cat put to sleep !

Post by Syl on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am

Oh Nicko, I am so sorry, I know how much you love your cat.
Scruff has had a good life in a loving home and 14 is a good old age for a cat to live, he is almost 100 in human years.
I know none of that matters right now, but you are doing what's best for him, as you always have.

Back to top Go down

L have to have my Cat put to sleep ! Empty Re: L have to have my Cat put to sleep !

Post by Victorismyhero on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm

thinking of you Nicko...never easy to do the right thing in these situations

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 pm

that's sad nicko, i had a cat that had the same thing. he was walking round in circles and blundering into things. it's kinder to let them go.

14 is a good age for a cat. i'm sure you gave him a wonderful life xx

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:37 pm

He had a good run and I know you gave him a good life.

These sorta things just suck. No matter how much we prepare for the inevitable, they just suck.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:16 pm

I’m so sorry Nicko. Hurts like hell you gave him a loving home xxx

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:17 pm

I know how you loved him, nick. I'm sorry. It really is a better place when the alternative is to live like he was.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage on Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:43 pm

So sorry Nicko, its terrible when you have to do this, its for the best for him though, even though it breaks your heart.

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the kind words, I'v calmed down a bit now,an 80 year old man crying over a Cat seems a bit soft I suppose,but I don't care ,I loved that Cat ! I was greeted every morning by him for 13 years, tomorrow he won't be there, I'll miss him !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Sorry to hear this Nicko... I know how heart breaking it is...

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:11 am

nicko wrote:Thanks for all the kind words, I'v calmed down a bit now,an 80 year old man crying over a Cat seems a bit soft I suppose,but I don't care ,I loved that Cat ! I was greeted every morning by him for 13 years, tomorrow he won't be there, I'll miss him !

Not soft or daft at all. I still get upset remembering all my past pets. They’re family I love you I love you

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 am

Big lover of cats here, always devastating when they pass on. Sorry nicko Sad

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:39 am

Thanks, Les, big empty feeling this Morning. Time will heal I suppose.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee on Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Sorry mate to hear Nicko

seems to be a bad year for everyone at the moment with loss

cannot wait for 2020 to finish to be honest

Didgee

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:22 pm

Cass wrote:
nicko wrote:Thanks for all the kind words, I'v calmed down a bit now,an 80 year old man crying over a Cat seems a bit soft I suppose,but I don't care ,I loved that Cat ! I was greeted every morning by him for 13 years, tomorrow he won't be there, I'll miss him !

Not soft or daft at all. I still get upset remembering all my past pets. They’re family I love you I love you
Same here.
We love our pets as one of the family, and when we have grieved for them we have such lovely memories of the time we had with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum