NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

L have to have my Cat put to sleep !

+7
Original Quill
Cass
Maddog
gelico
Victorismyhero
Syl
nicko
11 posters

Go down

L have to have my Cat put to sleep ! Empty L have to have my Cat put to sleep !

Post by nicko Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:23 am

Foe two weeks now my Cat Scruff has been showing symptoms of Feline Dementia, he hardly eats and is sleeping most of the day, He sits staring at the Walls and wonders around looking confused ,he hardly recognises us , nor can he stand being touched. For the last two days he's been weeing in his bed. I can't bear to look at him being so confused . He's 14 years old and I love him . Vet has just phoned ,I'm to take him at 6pm . I can't stop crying even now.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

L have to have my Cat put to sleep ! Empty Re: L have to have my Cat put to sleep !

Post by Syl Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am

Oh Nicko, I am so sorry, I know how much you love your cat.
Scruff has had a good life in a loving home and 14 is a good old age for a cat to live, he is almost 100 in human years.
I know none of that matters right now, but you are doing what's best for him, as you always have.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

L have to have my Cat put to sleep ! Empty Re: L have to have my Cat put to sleep !

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm

thinking of you Nicko...never easy to do the right thing in these situations
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 pm

that's sad nicko, i had a cat that had the same thing. he was walking round in circles and blundering into things. it's kinder to let them go.

14 is a good age for a cat. i'm sure you gave him a wonderful life xx

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:37 pm

He had a good run and I know you gave him a good life.

These sorta things just suck. No matter how much we prepare for the inevitable, they just suck.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:16 pm

I’m so sorry Nicko. Hurts like hell you gave him a loving home xxx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:17 pm

I know how you loved him, nick. I'm sorry. It really is a better place when the alternative is to live like he was.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:43 pm

So sorry Nicko, its terrible when you have to do this, its for the best for him though, even though it breaks your heart.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the kind words, I'v calmed down a bit now,an 80 year old man crying over a Cat seems a bit soft I suppose,but I don't care ,I loved that Cat ! I was greeted every morning by him for 13 years, tomorrow he won't be there, I'll miss him !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Sorry to hear this Nicko... I know how heart breaking it is...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:11 am

nicko wrote:Thanks for all the kind words, I'v calmed down a bit now,an 80 year old man crying over a Cat seems a bit soft I suppose,but I don't care ,I loved that Cat ! I was greeted every morning by him for 13 years, tomorrow he won't be there, I'll miss him !

Not soft or daft at all. I still get upset remembering all my past pets. They’re family I love you I love you
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 am

Big lover of cats here, always devastating when they pass on. Sorry nicko Sad
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:39 am

Thanks, Les, big empty feeling this Morning. Time will heal I suppose.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Sorry mate to hear Nicko

seems to be a bad year for everyone at the moment with loss

cannot wait for 2020 to finish to be honest

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:22 pm

Cass wrote:
nicko wrote:Thanks for all the kind words, I'v calmed down a bit now,an 80 year old man crying over a Cat seems a bit soft I suppose,but I don't care ,I loved that Cat ! I was greeted every morning by him for 13 years, tomorrow he won't be there, I'll miss him !

Not soft or daft at all. I still get upset remembering all my past pets. They’re family I love you I love you
Same here.
We love our pets as one of the family, and when we have grieved for them we have such lovely memories of the time we had with them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down