NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions On Vote Rigging

2 posters

Go down

Predictions On Vote Rigging Empty Predictions On Vote Rigging

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 pm

22nd May 2014

It's election day.

Where do you think we'll see vote-rigging?

My guess is Bradford, Manchester, London and Leicester.

Your best guess please.

Back to top Go down

Predictions On Vote Rigging Empty Re: Predictions On Vote Rigging

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Is this ready made excuses for if UKIP don't win by a landslide?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:32 pm

I present the following as an observed fact - people may draw their own conclusions from it.

In a last years election which has previously been normal practice the verification (that is where the total number of voting slips are counted to check the number corresponds with number of slips issued) has been in the same place at the same time as the counting of votes - the locked containers are bought in, divided up between counters and first counted for verification and then re counted for division into who was voted for.  This is a highly secure process and not open to the public - however you can volunteer as a counter or party monitor to see and  if selected experience this for yourself (it really gives a faith and feel for the democratic process often missing in people).

However in my area at least and I believe other areas as well at this election the verification is being done at a different time and different place from the count.  Verification will happen in one town on Friday then the voting slips transported to another town for the count on Sunday afternoon.

Those are observed facts.  Do with them what you will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:39 pm

sphinx wrote:I present the following as an observed fact - people may draw their own conclusions from it.

In a last years election which has previously been normal practice the verification (that is where the total number of voting slips are counted to check the number corresponds with number of slips issued) has been in the same place at the same time as the counting of votes - the locked containers are bought in, divided up between counters and first counted for verification and then re counted for division into who was voted for.  This is a highly secure process and not open to the public - however you can volunteer as a counter or party monitor to see and  if selected experience this for yourself (it really gives a faith and feel for the democratic process often missing in people).

However in my area at least and I believe other areas as well at this election the verification is being done at a different time and different place from the count.  Verification will happen in one town on Friday then the voting slips transported to another town for the count on Sunday afternoon.

That's because it's an EU election and all the EU counts are done on Sunday all over the EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! under EU rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:I present the following as an observed fact - people may draw their own conclusions from it.

That's because it's an EU election and all the EU counts are done on Sunday all over the EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! under EU rules.

Yes Sassy I know that.

However the rules do not state when the verification has to be done - as the count starts at 2pm on Sunday there is no reason why the verification could not be in the same building on Sunday morning (verification is quicker than the count because it is simple totals not division).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Thems obviously the EU rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Hmmmmmm.  Suspect 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Sassy wrote:Thems obviously the EU rules.

No thems not.

The count being on Sunday yes - the verification being done 2 days earlier no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 10:55 pm

There are no specific rules for when, I looked it up, just how and who has to be there. It strikes me that it's a very good idea to do the verification the day after the vote, so that it can be got out of the way, then all they have to do on the Sunday is the counting. Why you are trying to make it into yet another conspiracy theory I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 10:58 pm

Sassy wrote:There are no specific rules for when, I looked it up, just how and who has to be there.   It strikes me that it's a very good idea to do the verification the day after the vote, so that it can be got out of the way, then all they have to do on the Sunday is the counting.   Why you are trying to make it into yet another conspiracy theory I don't know.

Who said I am trying to make it a conspiracy theory? I presented the facts to allow others to make up their own minds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Right  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:02 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:22nd May 2014

It's election day.

Where do you think we'll see vote-rigging?

My guess is Bradford, Manchester, London and Leicester.

Your best guess please.

Higher percentage of ethnics in these areas!

I used to think there was a lot of rigging in the eighties and much of the nineties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Then you would be wrong JD, read the electoral commissions report.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Sassy wrote:Right  Rolling Eyes 

Why the rolling eyes?

Your thinking of it being better to do it over 2 days may be right - me personally would prefer it on one because its less disruption for me - and my life is not that busy. A large number of those at the verification/count are voluntary - and now instead of having to take one day off, they have to take a day off and miss Sunday afternoon with their family. However I have not asked them how they feel about it so can only present my own feelings.

The fact that you immediately jump on the facts by accusing me of conspiracy simply proves that there is a glaring possibility of a conspiracy because you have assumed that in highlighting the facts I have suggested a conspiracy.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Thu May 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Personally I would prefer the verification to be done in the same place as the voting, after 10pm. Less room for error  ::%:: 

As this isn't really practical, its best done at the same time as the count, the more times the boxes are moved around the more it is open to problems.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:35 pm

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:Right  Rolling Eyes 

Why the rolling eyes?

Your thinking of it being better to do it over 2 days may be right - me personally would prefer it on one because its less disruption for me - and my life is not that busy.  A large number of those at the verification/count are voluntary  - and now instead of having to take one day off, they have to take a day off and miss Sunday afternoon with their family.  However I have not asked them how they feel about it so can only present my own feelings.

The fact that you immediately jump on the facts by accusing me of conspiracy simply proves that there is a glaring possibility of a conspiracy because you have assumed that in highlighting the facts I have suggested a conspiracy.

Nope, simply because a lot of people of here shout conspiracy for much of the time. The count has to be done on Sunday, so it is saving the volunteers time by the having the verification done beforehand. Both have to be done anyway, so how is it putting anyone out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Why the rolling eyes?

Your thinking of it being better to do it over 2 days may be right - me personally would prefer it on one because its less disruption for me - and my life is not that busy.  A large number of those at the verification/count are voluntary  - and now instead of having to take one day off, they have to take a day off and miss Sunday afternoon with their family.  However I have not asked them how they feel about it so can only present my own feelings.

Nope, simply because a lot of people of here shout conspiracy for much of the time.   The count has to be done on Sunday, so it is saving the volunteers time by the having the verification done beforehand.   Both have to be done anyway, so how is it putting anyone out.

Yes I know the count has to be done on Sunday.

I personally would prefer to start at 9am or even 8am on Sunday and go straight through than do a half day on Friday, and then another half day on Sunday. Seeing as the verification/count take the same amount of time regardless of whether they are split or not (in fact doing them on the same day is quicker because they only have to be given out once) so it does not save any time - 6 hours Fri plus 8 Sun is no less than 14 on one day - and that is before you consider travel. Instead of having a single journey to one destination there are now 2 journeys to 2 destinations which means on Fri those who could walk to Sundays centre have to drive and those on Sunday who could walk to Fridays centre have to drive.

By the way what is the conspiracy you think people on here would be shouting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 12:00 am

Sassy wrote:Then you would be wrong JD, read the electoral commissions report.

Oh no sass..I said I USED to THINK that...but I also used to think...surely not?

Some of the sleazy types in politics made me think the could have been the case, but sadly other forms of cheating/deception and theft still go on and we occasionally still hear of ballot boxes apparently tampered with...most likely rumours though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Can we change the title of this thread Benji to "BigAndy9 Does It Yet Again"

Police across the UK have been asked to investigate more than 50 allegations of electoral fraud related to Thursday's elections in areas previously identified as vulnerable to vote-rigging, new figures show.

Officers in Manchester, Bradford, London and Birmingham have begun inquiries after receiving complaints about "ghost" voters, false statements by candidates and multiple attempts to vote by a single person.

The inquiries have emerged after the Guardian contacted police forces covering 16 areas that the elections watchdog has identified as being vulnerable to electoral fraud, particularly around the use of postal votes.

As well as Birmingham and Bradford, they include Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Calderdale, Coventry, Derby, Hyndburn, Kirklees, Oldham, Pendle, Peterborough, Slough, Tower Hamlets, Walsall and Woking.

West Yorkshire police, whose officers serve Bradford where former councillors have been imprisoned for electoral fraud, said they had received 21 allegations of electoral irregularities.

DI Ian Lawrie, of protective services (crime), said: "We have currently had 21 allegations that have been recorded for further investigation for election-related incidents. These include a number of matters under the Representation of the People Act 1983."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/23/police-open-inquiries-allegations-electoral-fraud-uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down