NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thailand military denies there's a coup underway

+3
Lone Wolf
Eilzel
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Empty Thailand military denies there's a coup underway

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 20, 2014 9:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Thailand’s army imposed martial law nationwide after months of political turmoil that brought down an elected leader and tipped the economy into a contraction.

The move is not a coup and people should not be concerned, Army Chief Prayuth Chan-Ocha said on local television. The military is seeking to restore order and asks political groups to halt their protests, he said. Soldiers and military vehicles were on the streets of the capital Bangkok, although no curfew had been imposed.

“There will be a center to control order, headed by the army chief,” Prayuth said. “The center can enforce any law under the martial law act to control the situation effectively.”

The move is the army’s most direct involvement in the Southeast Asian nation’s politics since 2006, when then-premier Thaksin Shinawatra was removed in a coup, with Thai stocks and the baht falling. Martial law already is in place in parts of southern Thailand, and then-prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva briefly declared it in Bangkok in 2010 to quell anti-government protests.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-19/thai-military-declares-martial-law-to-curb-protests-denies-coup.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Empty Re: Thailand military denies there's a coup underway

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 1:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Nems wrote:

What?

Is Eli's partner in Thailand?
I think its best let Les answer personal questions Andy  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Empty Re: Thailand military denies there's a coup underway

Post by David Sat May 24, 2014 6:17 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Nems wrote:

He had or we will set Scary FTL on him  affraid 

Oh yes  Twisted Evil 
Indeed LOL  Twisted Evil 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Best of Luck Les, have a wonderful time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun May 25, 2014 12:56 am

Good luck Les and I'm sure you will be fine.

Have a great time.

Irn
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Eilzel Mon May 26, 2014 5:04 am

Hi folks, arrived perfectly fine a few hours ago, haven't seen a single soldier but then we did go from hotel to apparent and that's it, thanks for the concern x
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon May 26, 2014 8:41 am

Hallo Mr E x
I am so glad you are okay. Please keep us posted of the situation x
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:Hi folks, arrived perfectly fine a few hours ago, haven't seen a single soldier but then we did go from hotel to apparent and that's it, thanks for the concern x

Thank you for letting us know you've arrived safely Les  I love you xxxx

Been thinking of you, guess you two have a lot of catching up to do Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Wink95Keep in touch when you can x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 3:12 pm

So glad he arrived ok !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Nems wrote:So glad he arrived ok !

Me too, I doubt we'll see much of him for a few days Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Thumb134

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon May 26, 2014 4:06 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Nems wrote:So glad he arrived ok !

Me too, I doubt we'll see much of him for a few days Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Thumb134
Me too I am so glad he is ok.
HAHAHA no we won't LOL  Wink Laughing 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 26, 2014 4:13 pm

David wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Me too I am so glad he is ok.
HAHAHA no we won't LOL  Wink Laughing 

ooo la la

glad he's ok
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue May 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Haha, things are good here guys Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Eilzel wrote:Haha, things are good here guys Wink

I'll bet, good to hear Les.  It's tipping down here, I'm envious  I love you xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 27, 2014 6:34 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Haha, things are good here guys Wink

I'll bet, good to hear Les.  It's tipping down here, I'm envious  I love you xxx

You wish you were there? Me too  cheers 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 6:45 pm

David wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Much more rain and I'll be crying out for sandbags lovely David!!!! Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Cry_ti10

Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Rain10

This is the view from my gate  affraid That is a road not a river btw!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 27, 2014 6:48 pm

feelthelove wrote:
David wrote:

Much more rain and I'll be crying out for sandbags lovely David!!!! Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Cry_ti10

OMG FTL xxx hope you are okay  Shocked 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 6:55 pm

David wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

OMG FTL xxx hope you are okay  Shocked 

Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Rain_210

I'm fine honestly.  Fortunately my home is a good 50ft away from the road and it's surface water. Did worry about getting the car out of the drive this morning though.  Didn't facing wading through that! Plus the forecast is not good!

Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Rain_210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Has it stopped raining yet!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Nems wrote:Has it stopped raining yet!?

No but it's not as heavy as overnight. I need a sucker thing and I could fill the waterbutts geek   lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 27, 2014 7:17 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Nems wrote:Has it stopped raining yet!?

No but it's not as heavy as overnight. I need a sucker thing and I could fill the waterbutts geek   lol!

A sucker thing? Waterbutts?  lol! 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 7:19 pm

David wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

A sucker thing?  Waterbutts?   lol! 

Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Angel_10 I don't know what you mean Lovely David Thailand military denies there's a coup underway - Page 2 Giggle10x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2