NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM RACES?

3 posters

Go down

ARE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM RACES? Empty ARE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM RACES?

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:07 am

I don't think so , but veya seems to think that by disagreeing with islam then that makes a person a racist .

I haven't noticed anyone being called a racist for posting negative about christianity and as christianity is discussed in a negative way on this fourm most of the time then i included it .

what do you think ?

Back to top Go down

ARE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM RACES? Empty Re: ARE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM RACES?

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:09 am

You can be racist to a person of faith if you define them by their ethnicity.

An example:

"You Muslim Paki scum"

That is being derogatory racially to a Muslim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:15 am

Didge wrote:You can be racist to a person of faith if you define them by their ethnicity.

An example:

"You Muslim Paki scum"

morning Didge, thanks for your reply

so as nobody has said those words to any muslim on this forum by disagreeing with them on issues of their religion isn't racist of course .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:16 am

how about a christian ?

what would be a racist remark to a christian because there are black and asian christians too

there are white muslims also

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:19 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Didge wrote:You can be racist to a person of faith if you define them by their ethnicity.

An example:

"You Muslim Paki scum"

morning Didge, thanks for your reply

so as nobody has said those words to any muslim on this forum by disagreeing with them on issues of their religion isn't racist of course .

Morning Dibs

Yes racist would be wrong to use, unless stereotypes were also being eluded to in the debate around the ethnicity of the Muslims, which also does happen.
You can have people be xenophobic towards a religion though as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:22 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:I don't think so , but veya seems to think that by disagreeing with islam then that makes a person a racist .

I haven't noticed anyone being called a racist for posting negative about christianity and as christianity is discussed in a negative way on this fourm most of the time then i included it .

what do you think ?

Dibs...We find it very cute, that our neighbour dresses in Western clothes, she is a very attractive Asian girl, her sister is always wearing a hijab, and dressed very modestly.

...But they both seem to get on like a house on fire, she is around here quite a lot...I can't see any kind of problem with cohesion there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:31 am

Phil personally i don't find the hijab or the full black covering attractive but i love the sari it is very beautiful .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:32 am

Didge i haven't seen anyone racist on here about islam .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:35 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Didge i haven't seen anyone racist on here about islam .

It may have nothing to do with Islam why Veya thinks someone is racist, you would need to ask him why he holds this view and not me really.
Just helping clarify what is or not racist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:37 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Phil personally i don't find the hijab or the full black covering attractive but i love the sari it is very beautiful .

Her sister wears full Muslim dress, she is a bit more reserved, but very polite.

It's up to them what they wear, so long as they don't try to inflict their ways on me, then imo....It's up to them what they dress like.

Wouldn't you agree?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:45 am

Phil. Personally i don't think a face covering should be allowed we should see someone's face and covering the face isn't in the koran so not sure why they would want to wear it , must be very hot during the summer especially the black ones as black will act like a solar panel .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 7:46 am

Didge wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:Didge i haven't seen anyone racist on here about islam .

It may have nothing to do with Islam why Veya thinks someone is racist, you would need to ask him why he holds this view and not me really.
Just helping clarify what is or not racist

i know thanks , i hope veya will explain why he thinks the dislike of islam is racist .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 9:18 am

islam is not a race ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 9:23 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Phil. Personally i don't think a face covering should be allowed we should see someone's face and covering the face isn't in the koran so not sure why they would want to wear it , must be very hot during the summer especially the black ones as black will act like a solar panel .

I can't see anything wrong with the hijab, it only covers half of the face.

I know that black clothing is the worst thing to wear in the summer, but they shouldn't be prevented from wearing that, if they so wish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 12:30 pm

i have no problem with the hijab , but full face covering i feel is oppressive to muslim women

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:i have no problem with the hijab , but full face covering i feel is oppressive to muslim women

It's up,to them though isn't it?
What I find ridiculous is the ones who wear a hijab with full eye-makeup!
Talk about contradiction! "Don't look at my face but I'm going to sex-up my eyes for you!"

:aspffftas: 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:i have no problem with the hijab , but full face covering i feel is oppressive to muslim women

Talk about contradiction! "Don't look at my face but I'm going to sex-up my eyes for you!"

Yes its up to them but i do think it is just a political statement basically saying 'up yours ' to the Brits.

Your point on the eye makeup shows it isn't about modesty if it were they wouldn't be dolling themselves up .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 3:13 pm

eddie wrote:

But they only wear the hijab out in public, not all day.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:18 pm

There is a flat across the road from where my mum lives and a muslim couple live there i glance through the window walking past a few times and she sits in her living room with her hijab on , maybe because the curtains are open lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

I never knew a woman wearing eye make up was solely about sexing one self up.

You learn something new everyday I guess, not sure many women would like to think they only wear eye make up to sexualise themselves, I would think many do to feel good about and do for themselves.

Hey ho, I suppose they are only doing it now using this logic to sexually attract someone.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

You learn something new everyday I guess, not sure many women would like to think they only wear eye make up to sexualise themselves, I would think many do to feel good about and do for themselves.

Hey ho, I suppose they are only doing it now using this logic to sexually attract someone.

what's the point of the head covering then ? i thought it was about modesty .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:There is a flat across the road from where my mum lives and a muslim couple live there i glance through the window walking past a few times and she sits in her living room with her hijab on , maybe because the curtains are open lol

Not sure why that might be -- maybe they were getting ready to go somewhere, had a guest over she didn't feel comfortable being informal around, or was just cold Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Didge wrote:

What has eye make up got to do with not having modesty?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:cyclops 

ISLAM is a religion; a Muslim is a follower of Islam.
Islam is NOT a country, nor a "race"..

Therefore, a bigot attacking the religion alone of a person (without reference to their ethnicity..) isn't actually being racist...

The correct term for their discriminatory abuse against any person(s) on the basis of their choice of 'faith' is Religious Intolerance..   affraid

great that cleared that up then, so now its religious intolerance when someone dare to question islam .

It won't silence people's opinions , especially where the pregnant woman is concerned being sentenced to hanging for supposedly leaving islam to become a christian . It is sick so is islam .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:There is a flat across the road from where my mum lives and a muslim couple live there i glance through the window walking past a few times and she sits in her living room with her hijab on , maybe because the curtains are open lol

Not sure why that might be -- maybe they were getting ready to go somewhere, had a guest over she didn't feel comfortable being informal around, or was just cold Smile
lol cold ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Didge wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

what's the reason behind the hijab and the full burka ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

lol cold ?

Why not? I imagine it gets rather warm inside a hijab Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Didge wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Wikipedia says:

Modesty has been and continues to be considered important in Islamic society, but the interpretation of what clothing is considered modest varies. The holy book of Islam, the Qur'an states that women should dress modestly in the presence of men who are not family members, but does not require wearing of the hijab or similar garments.

Many other religions also have modesty requirements.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:
lol cold ?

Why not? I imagine it gets rather warm inside a hijab Smile

indeed and the black full burka must be like wearing a solar panel in the summer , maybe they could donate to national grid here  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Wikipedia says:

Modesty has been and continues to be considered important in Islamic society, but the interpretation of what clothing is considered modest varies. The holy book of Islam, the Qur'an states that women should dress modestly in the presence of men who are not family members, but does not require wearing of the hijab or similar garments.

it does not require wearing of the hijab or similar garments ? so i doubt it is a new fashion in fact it isn't catching on very well here  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 3:40 pm

I've always wondered how women in hot countries who have to wear burqas don't pass out in them. Found this interesting article while looking for info on that:

Revisiting issues that I previously have written about is not something I do often, but I'm making an exception to return to the West's most beloved human rights cause: Banning the burqa.

I last wrote about pending legislation to ban burqas in Europe more than a year ago when France first proposed laws to make it illegal to wear the burqa in public. Proposed legislation is pending with a final vote set in September.

There is no argument that can persuade me that laws designed to bully women into abandoning their cultural traditions because it makes people uncomfortable are essential in a free society. If a woman chooses to wear the niqab who are we to pass judgment? Lawmakers who argue that banning the burqa is a blow against extremism are naïve and lazy. Band-Aid approaches to fighting extremism are rarely successful. It only serves to pander to the ignorance and unfounded fears of politicians' constituents.

Yet I have grown to hate the burqa. I hate the burqa because it serves no logical purpose in Western society. The intent of the clothing is to draw attention away from the woman, but in the West it only attracts unwanted attention. Recently a Glasgow man was sentenced to prison for attacking a burqa-clad Saudi woman on the street. He ripped away her niqab. The woman was a graduate student. She has since quit her studies and refuses to leave her apartment. To her the attack was an act of rape.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sabria-jawhar/why-i-hate-the-burqa----a_b_669953.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 3:44 pm

if the koran says they don't have to wear it why do they ?

Anyway this thread isn't about the burka or hijab it is about whether or not someone should be called a racist for questioning islam such as the pregnant woman sentenced to hanging for for supposedly leaving islam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Wikipedia says:

it does not require wearing of the hijab or similar garments ? so i doubt it is a new fashion in fact it isn't catching on very well here  ::D:: 

No, there's no specific garment requirement; it goes by what society deems modest. So you can have this passing for "modest" in Taleban-controlled Afghanistan:

ARE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM RACES? Burqa_1428680c

While this is fine for Moroccan Muslim actress Sofia El Marikh:

ARE CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM RACES? 7524853
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:if the koran says they don't have to wear it why do they ?

Anyway this thread isn't about the burka or hijab it is about whether or not someone should be called a racist for questioning islam such as the pregnant woman sentenced to hanging for for supposedly leaving islam

It's just what their society says, and Muslim societies stretch all around the world and are very diverse. In Christian communities you get everything under the sun as well.

Back to the question, it's not racist, though a lot of people mistakenly use the word "racist" to mean "bigoted," and it is "bigoted."

There can also be a racist component when you're talking about, say, white Christians being bigoted against Pakistani Muslims, or to go back a ways, fair-complected Muslims from Egypt being bigoted against dark-skinned Africans who practiced tribal religions.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 4:43 pm

that sounds right Ben thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down