NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Chiefs Sent "Sexist Emails" To Each Other - "Heinous Act"

Go down

Football Chiefs Sent "Sexist Emails" To Each Other - "Heinous Act" Empty Football Chiefs Sent "Sexist Emails" To Each Other - "Heinous Act"

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 10:28 am

18th May 2014

Quite possibly the funniest article all year.  

Man sends funny joke to another man.

Will some people in England not be happy until men have been wiped off the face of the earth?

Former top women's football chief David Dein sent one of the e-mails which led to a sexism scandal engulfing Premier League boss Richard Scudamore, it has been claimed.

Mr Dein, a former President of Arsenal Ladies FC who has spoken out firmly for women's rights, is accused by the Daily Mirror of sending a joke about 'skinny big-t***** broads' to Mr Scudamore.

Premier League chief executive Mr Scudamore has apologised and is facing calls to quit after he forwarded the sexist email and several others to a lawyer friend.

Sports Minister Helen Grant branded the content of the e-mails 'completely unacceptable' while her Labour counterpart, Clive Efford, voiced fears the Premier League could take action against the woman who leaked the e-mails.

That prompted football equality campaigner Edward Lord, who chairs the London FA Inclusion Advisory Group, to question Scudamore's position yesterday.

He wrote on his blog: 'This seeming refusal to accept that the content of his emails were in fact sexist and inappropriate to my mind completely undermines his public apology, and leads to only one conclusion: that it was insincere and therefore unsustainable in the court of public opinion.

'If it is that Richard Scudamore didn't believe that what he had written was wrong less than a week ago, I think that it is highly unlikely that he has come to that conclusion in any reality since. On that basis it appears to me that his position is now looking untenable.

'If Scudamore doesn't accept the heinous nature of his sexist remarks and the impact they have had, not only on women in the game, but on the perception they create of football's commitment to equality and inclusion in general, then regrettably I must reach the conclusion that he may be in the wrong job.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2631166/Former-womens-football-chief-David-Dein-sent-sexist-e-mail-Premier-League-boss-Richard-Scudamore-report-claims.html#ixzz323eEVIy4

Back to top Go down