NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Farage: 'Radical pro-independence protesters will not intimidate me'

4 posters

Go down

Nigel Farage: 'Radical pro-independence protesters will not intimidate me' Empty Nigel Farage: 'Radical pro-independence protesters will not intimidate me'

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:02 am

Nigel Farage has vowed not to be intimidated by radical pro-independence supporters amid fears that protests could turn violent during a visit to Edinburgh today. The Ukip leader told The Telegraph he was not "fazed" by reports that the group behind an angry demonstration which marred his appearance in the capital last year was planning a repeat.
Mr Farage said extreme Nationalists could "make fools of themselves" if they wanted but insisted he would "certainly not" be deterred from spreading Ukip's message north of the border.

Last year Mr Farage had to be rescued by police van after being barricaded in an Edinburgh pub when dozens extreme independence supporters hijacked a media event and shouted abuse. The MEP faced chants of “racist Nazi scum” and was told to "go home to England" in ugly scenes that were widely condemned by opposition parties in Holyrood.

This week it has emerged that Radical Independence, the far-Left group of Nationalists who arranged the demonstration, are planning a repeat protest when Mr Farage attends a Ukip rally in Edinburgh today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/10817658/Nigel-Farage-Radical-pro-independence-protesters-will-not-intimidate-me.html

I find it laughable that the extreme left chant about "Nazi scum" when they're the ones behaving exactly as the Nazis did in the 1930s!

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage: 'Radical pro-independence protesters will not intimidate me' Empty Re: Nigel Farage: 'Radical pro-independence protesters will not intimidate me'

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Nigel Farage has vowed not to be intimidated by radical pro-independence supporters amid fears that protests could turn violent during a visit to Edinburgh today.  The Ukip leader told The Telegraph he was not "fazed" by reports that the group behind an angry demonstration which marred his appearance in the capital last year was planning a repeat.  
Mr Farage said extreme Nationalists could "make fools of themselves" if they wanted but insisted he would "certainly not" be deterred from spreading Ukip's message north of the border.

Last year Mr Farage had to be rescued by police van after being barricaded in an Edinburgh pub when dozens extreme independence supporters hijacked a media event and shouted abuse.  The MEP faced chants of “racist Nazi scum” and was told to "go home to England" in ugly scenes that were widely condemned by opposition parties in Holyrood.

This week it has emerged that Radical Independence, the far-Left group of Nationalists who arranged the demonstration, are planning a repeat protest when Mr Farage attends a Ukip rally in Edinburgh today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/10817658/Nigel-Farage-Radical-pro-independence-protesters-will-not-intimidate-me.html

I find it laughable that the extreme left chant about "Nazi scum" when they're the ones behaving exactly as the Nazis did in the 1930s!

The left don't do irony

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage: 'Radical pro-independence protesters will not intimidate me' Empty Re: Nigel Farage: 'Radical pro-independence protesters will not intimidate me'

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 12:08 pm

He can always take refuge in a pub again.  Laughing 

It's good that he's not intimidated - it shows that he means what he's saying.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He can always take refuge in a pub again.  Laughing 

What's even better is that he is so spot on that the only way the left have left to stop him is violence

Anyone whose words can only be stopped with violent action is worth listening to

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 1:04 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:He can always take refuge in a pub again.  Laughing 

What's even better is that he is so spot on that the only way the left have left to stop him is violence

Anyone whose words can only be stopped with violent action is worth listening to

Farage refused to walk through Swansea because he 'feared for his personal safety' but no one was threatening him.There was a group of people having a peaceful protest and they spoke with another UKIP member very calmly.

I think he makes it up,he's a silly little man who is trying to gain sympathy.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 1:22 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Farage refused to walk through Swansea because he 'feared for his personal safety' but no one was threatening him.There was a group of people having a peaceful protest and they spoke with another UKIP member very calmly.

I think he makes it up,he's a silly little man who is trying to gain sympathy.

Comments

I AM ashamed to be living in Swansea; ashamed at the anti-democratic antics of the ANL supporters who attacked UKIP today. Ashamed of the bullies who seem to frequent this place. At times like these I really miss London (my home) where people have the courage to walk a new path!

Read more at http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Ashamed-reaction/story-21046389-detail/story.html#fifewLBShOMSb8Tf.99

LAST week there was a rare opportunity to see one of the emerging ''big beasts'' of UK politics up close and personal when Nigel Farage held a campaign event at the Liberty Stadium in Swansea.

I'm not sure what the official figures were for the event, but the suite where the appearance took place was pretty full, I'd estimate there were about 400 people in attendance.

Coming out to a standing ovation and repeatedly drawing sustained applause during his speech, Farage showed his skills as a political orator.  At times he reminded me of a gospel preacher, asking rhetorical questions in a sequence where the audience would answer ''No'', then another ''No'', building to a strong ''Yes'' message that guaranteed applause.

Read more at http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/South-Wales-Evening-Post-columnist-Matt-Wall-s/story-21061837-detail/story.html#axsCFy8hdtOZX9Bx.99

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Down the centuries lots of people have been skilled political orators and got applause. They didn't make them right and it didn't make their views right. Whipping a crowd into a frenzy in that way is not skilled anyway, it's standard manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Sassy wrote:Down the centuries lots of people have been skilled political orators and got applause.   They didn't make them right and it didn't make their views right.   Whipping a crowd into a frenzy in that way is not skilled anyway, it's standard manipulation.

Quite.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Sassy wrote:Down the centuries lots of people have been skilled political orators and got applause.   They didn't make them right and it didn't make their views right.   Whipping a crowd into a frenzy in that way is not skilled anyway, it's standard manipulation.

That's a point. Look at Obama.

Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

That's a point.  Look at Obama.

Cool 

No actually, that wasn't the point Tess. You were praising Farage for being a skilled political orator, I said it doesn't make him right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Typical lefties, violently shouting down anyone who has a different opinion.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Typical lefties, violently shouting down anyone who has a different opinion.

You obviously haven't heard the Government benches when the opposition are speaking.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Sassy wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

That's a point.  Look at Obama.

Cool 

No actually, that wasn't the point Tess.  You were praising Farage for being a skilled political orator, I said it doesn't make him right.
I know - and I was taking the mickey.  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Sassy wrote:

No actually, that wasn't the point Tess.  You were praising Farage for being a skilled political orator, I said it doesn't make him right.
I know - and I was taking the mickey.   Smile 

No worries lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 09, 2014 3:11 pm

The amount of shit labour get up and say, I'm not surprised they get laughed at and ridiculed!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down