NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest trick to try and prevent UKIP votes

3 posters

Go down

Latest trick to try and prevent UKIP votes Empty Latest trick to try and prevent UKIP votes

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:45 pm

This is a note from one of the local UKIP branches.

You might have noticed that a certain political party has been very much the subject of a smear campaign over recent months? As part of this vilification process, a rival political group has decided to try and confuse the electorate on 22nd May, by forming a party using the name: ‘An Independence from Europe (UK Independence Now)’.
Because ballot papers are listed in alphabetical order, this splinter group will obviously appear at the very top of the ballot paper, but the party they seek to impersonate: ‘UK Independence Party (UKIP)’, will appear at the very bottom.
Obviously the hope is to trick voters into accidentally putting their cross in the wrong box.

This matter has also been discussed locally to me with confirmation that the electoral commission has apologised - but only after allowing it to happen in the first place.

It does make you wonder though - if we really live in a democracy why is so much effort being put into stopping a choice that at times over 25% of the population want to make?

Back to top Go down

Latest trick to try and prevent UKIP votes Empty Re: Latest trick to try and prevent UKIP votes

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 5:03 pm

sphinx wrote:This is a note from one of the local UKIP branches.

You might have noticed that a certain political party has been very much the subject of a smear campaign over recent months?  As part of this vilification process, a rival political group has decided to try and confuse the electorate on 22nd May, by forming a party using the name: ‘An Independence from Europe (UK Independence Now)’.
Because ballot papers are listed in alphabetical order, this splinter group will obviously appear at the very top of the ballot paper, but the party they seek to impersonate: ‘UK Independence Party (UKIP)’, will appear at the very bottom.
Obviously the hope is to trick voters into accidentally putting their cross in the wrong box.

This matter has also been discussed locally to me with confirmation that the electoral commission has apologised - but only after allowing it to happen in the first place.

It does make you wonder though - if we really live in a democracy why is so much effort being put into stopping a choice that at times over 25% of the population want to make?

Dear me that made me laugh, so now are you claiming people are thick they cannot understand the difference between UKIP and UKIN

Please that is poor to say the least Sphinx and making poor excuses

Back to top Go down

Latest trick to try and prevent UKIP votes Empty Re: Latest trick to try and prevent UKIP votes

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Sneaky bastards!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 7:51 pm

No one will fall for it anyway; UKIP voters aren't so stupid are they?????????????????????????????????????
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:No one will fall for it anyway; UKIP voters aren't so stupid are they?????????????????????????????????????

You don't actually want an answer to that do you lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Sassy wrote:
Eilzel wrote:No one will fall for it anyway; UKIP voters aren't so stupid are they?????????????????????????????????????

I wouldn't want to offend anyone  Laughing 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I wouldn't want to offend anyone  Laughing 

You're just too nice  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 08, 2014 8:09 pm

The question is why would anyone be trying to trial people this way?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 pm

No UKIP supporters are not going to fall for it - however there is a large chunk of protest votes from people who are not regular supporters of UKIP who may well scan read UK Independence right at the top of their ballot papers and place their mark there.

It is those people that this has been set up to trick and it speaks volumes that some people claiming to support democracy think it amusing and acceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:26 pm

sphinx wrote:No UKIP supporters are not going to fall for it - however there  is a large chunk of protest votes from people who are not regular supporters of UKIP who may well scan read UK Independence right at the top of their ballot papers and place their mark there.

It is those people that this has been set up to trick and it speaks volumes that some people claiming to support democracy think it amusing and acceptable.

Oh for goodness sake, tell me something new, where others do not try to undermine other parties, it has gone on for years and you make out UKIP should be immune from this?
I do not see you minding to see it happen to other parties, yes UKIP are more in the public eye at the moment but this is not anything new, but excuses being made for when next year UKIP do badly in an general election.
Surely if you are confident in your party you would not even be concerned about something so trivial, if you really though the public was behind UKIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Didge wrote:
sphinx wrote:No UKIP supporters are not going to fall for it - however there  is a large chunk of protest votes from people who are not regular supporters of UKIP who may well scan read UK Independence right at the top of their ballot papers and place their mark there.

Oh for goodness sake, tell me something new, where others do not try to undermine other parties, it has gone on for years and you make out UKIP should be immune from this?
I do not see you minding to see it happen to other parties, yes UKIP are more in the public eye at the moment but this is not anything new, but excuses being made for when next year UKIP do badly in an general election.
Surely if you are confident in your party you would not even be concerned about something so trivial, if you really though the public was behind UKIP

Didge would you like to provide me some evidence of the time a group put themselves up for election with a nearly identical name to one of the other main parties please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:31 pm

sphinx wrote:
Didge wrote:

Didge would you like to provide me some evidence of the time a group put themselves up for election with a nearly identical name to one of the other main parties please.

To prove my point?

If you wish thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:34 pm

I predict

you will hear no bad press about this party
It will contain no nuts or fruits
it will be very sugary
it will get patted on the head from time to time by the big 3

why

because THEY have set it up in order to "split the vote "

a desperate attempt by the established parties running scared of what the UKIP can do..
I'm sure it must be "dodgy"
I'm also equally sure if it is dodgy it will be excused

and it is entirely anti democratic and crafty.

it shows the length the others will go to to keep on the gravy train....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Welcome to the real world of politics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:39 pm

Didge wrote:Welcome to the real world of politics

first thing of sense you have uttered in weeks didge.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:55 pm

So Didge where is your evidence that this has happened before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:57 pm

sphinx wrote:So Didge where is your evidence that this has happened before?

Sorry I thought you were going to post where it happened before and are you suggesting others do not try to undermine each other and have done for centuries?

Behave Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Didge wrote:
sphinx wrote:So Didge where is your evidence that this has happened before?

Sorry I thought you were going to post where it happened before and are you suggesting others do not try to undermine each other and have done for centuries?

Behave Sphinx

No I asked you to provide me with the evidence that this particular trick had been used before.

I am not saying that all the parties do not try and undermine each other - although you seem to be trying to tell everyone that none of them fights back against being undermined and therefore UKIP should shut up and let itself be undermined like a good little party.

So I ask you again please show evidence where a small group has succeeded in trying to mislead voters by getting themselves on the ballot papers with a nearly identical name to a main party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:59 pm

sphinx wrote:This is a note from one of the local UKIP branches.

You might have noticed that a certain political party has been very much the subject of a smear campaign over recent months?  As part of this vilification process, a rival political group has decided to try and confuse the electorate on 22nd May, by forming a party using the name: ‘An Independence from Europe (UK Independence Now)’.

We don't live in a democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri May 09, 2014 12:08 am

There I was today, stood in the queue in Morrissons lol, and this little old lady next to me said, "did you hear on the News this morning they are going to charge us £20 to see a doctor now?? I am voting UKIP and so are all my friends from the pensioners club, we can't afford that".

Yes, they will certainly be confused by this.

I have only had one leaflet pushed through my door, UKIP, They have posters everywhere around by me. They have taken over a local shop as a local HQ and are inviting people in for a chat. I think the other parties have realised that nothing but dirty tactics will stop them now tbh.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 12:40 am

Its not a case of being thick.
What about those who's first language is not English?
What about those with a learning disability?
What about the visually impaired?

Not very PC from the PC brigade.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri May 09, 2014 12:44 am

Nems wrote:Its not a case of being thick.

And seriously, what about pensioners? My Mom wouldnt know the difference if she wanted to vote for them. She would just see the UK bit.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 12:46 am

harvesmom wrote:
Nems wrote:Its not a case of being thick.

And seriously, what about pensioners? My Mom wouldnt know the difference if she wanted to vote for them. She would just see the UK bit.
Thats right.
Shows you how much of a threat they view UKIP as

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 12:53 am

Proper wee right winger now aintcha Nems  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 1:02 am

Joy Division wrote:Proper wee right winger now aintcha Nems  Laughing 

Proper little crawler aintcha JD ya gobshite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 am

Nems wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Proper wee right winger now aintcha Nems  Laughing 

Gosh Nems, you really do get so angry  What a Face 

Take it easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 am

Joy Division wrote:
Nems wrote:

Take it easy.

Im not angry JD
If I ever got angry with you you would shit yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 1:25 am

Nems wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Take it easy.

Im not angry JD
If I ever got angry with you you would shit yourself

....oohhhh!! Laughing  Twisted Evil  Laughing !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down