NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity death guess...

+8
gerber
scrat
harrymuffin
nicko
Eilzel
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Celebrity death guess... Empty Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Yes, folks...I think I done something similar elsewhere before, I know it's distasteful..my step dad was champ at this and won some money in his work,as him and other managers would put money in the kitty every week until a ' winner' pops it  What a Face 

..when my mum told me he done this , I though it was quite distasteful...but then I thought..well it's nobody's family that we know, so they won't be harmed by what they don't know I guess...I would never do this with anyone on here ffs!

Lets have your bets on the next famous( most likely old) person to die...
Only rule is that it has to be someone famous themselves...not their aunty's cousin's sister...

And heard by the majority of people, my step dad had his last bet on Nelson Mandela for the past two years, since when he took retirement and recently collected his winnings.

So her looking up all the old people and lets have a bet!

Don't know who I'm going for tbh???

Bruce Forsyth is getting on, but he still looks in good shape for his age!!

I'll guess later...

Back to top Go down

Celebrity death guess... Empty Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:47 pm

JD...this is just sick....and inappropriate.....but hey ho......

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Oh FFS.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Joy Division wrote:Yes, folks...I think I done something similar elsewhere before, I know it's distasteful..my step dad was champ at this and won some money in his work,as  him and other managers would put money in the kitty every week until a ' winner' pops it  What a Face 

..when my mum told me he done this , I though it was quite distasteful...but then I thought..well it's nobody's family that we know, so they won't be harmed by what they don't know I guess...I would never do this with anyone on here ffs!

Only rule is that it has to be someone famous themselves...not their aunty's cousin's sister...

And heard by the majority of people, my step dad had his last bet on Nelson Mandela  for the past two years, since when he took retirement and recently collected his winnings.

I'll guess later...

Why do you continually post these threads to wind people up?
You have gone beyond distateful with this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:50 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:JD...this is just sick....and inappropriate.....but hey ho......

Victor, I know what your saying, I thought that too..and still do to an extent, but as it's nobody related to is or us , I thought well what harm can it do?..

And the truth really is we are not harming the famous people and  they don't even know this is going on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:51 pm

you have no morals....I find that kinda sad.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:52 pm

Nems wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Yes, folks...I think I done something similar elsewhere before, I know it's distasteful..my step dad was champ at this and won some money in his work,as  him and other managers would put money in the kitty every week until a ' winner' pops it  What a Face 

And heard by the majority of people, my step dad had his last bet on Nelson Mandela  for the past two years, since when he took retirement and recently collected his winnings.

I'll guess later...

Oh for goodness sake...anything to get a dig in, like you've never heard worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 06, 2014 10:52 pm

It's horrible. I can't believe your step dad used to bet on this kind of thing.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:you have no morals....I find that kinda sad.....

Do you Victor?

I find it kinda sad how you prop up racists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Nems wrote:

Oh for goodness sake...anything to get a dig in, like you've never heard worse.

I have heard worse but not often from someone who tries to portray themselves as very PC the way you do ya tube.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's horrible. I can't believe your step dad used to bet on this kind of thing.

Well, it was my step dad  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

there is no moral distinction to be made between this sort of sick "game" and wishing death on someone...

Back to top Go down

Anyway, if you lot don't want to play then please go on another thread ,ta. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Joy Division wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:you have no morals....I find that kinda sad.....

Do you Victor?

I find it kinda sad how you prop up racists.

Ah...but there you are wrong...very wrong....I prop up their right to hold racist opinions....a very different beast indeed.....whereas YOU would deny that right. To the point where you would support some insane kind of inverted racism...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:there is no moral distinction to be made between this sort of sick "game" and wishing death on someone...

I'm not wishing death on anyone Victor.

And I've a feeling if someone else invented this game you lot would be clapping, laughing and cheering.

Now fcuk off the lot off you unless your playing  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:04 pm

I will love to see didge defending this...should be a cracker...... ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 06, 2014 11:07 pm

Joy Division wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:there is no moral distinction to be made between this sort of sick "game" and wishing death on someone...

And I've a feeling if someone else invented this game you lot would be clapping, laughing  and cheering.

I wouldn't be - I think it's in bad taste.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:15 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:I will love to see didge defending this...should be a cracker...... ://?roflmao?/: 

...of course Didge can disagree if he wishes, but this thread is doing far less harm than when you kill animals.

Please Victor, for you to try to lecture me would be laughable with many of your twisted and racist views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

And I've a feeling if someone else invented this game you lot would be clapping, laughing  and cheering.

I wouldn't be - I think it's in bad taste.

...ok Rags, I've heard you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 pm

Joy Division wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:I will love to see didge defending this...should be a cracker...... ://?roflmao?/: 

...of course Didge can disagree if he wishes, but this thread is doing far less harm than when you kill animals.

Please Victor, for you to try to lecture me would be laughable with many of your twisted and racist views.

Pure didgeism..... ://?roflmao?/:

It even SOUNDS like didge (well reads like him actually)...the same "backward" grammar....... 
cool, clones...
I didnt think there was space in the world for TWO such stupid people........ scratch 

you learn something every day

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 pm

To quote Cartman, what's the big fuckin' deal, b---h?

Lots of people do celebrity death pools, y'all act like a bunch of sheltered babies sometimes.  Razz 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 06, 2014 11:38 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:To quote Cartman, what's the big fuckin' deal, b---h?

Lots of people do celebrity death pools, y'all act like a bunch of sheltered babies sometimes.  Razz 

Well they're all sick then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Cheers Ben,i think it's mostly the fact it's ME suggesting the game that bothers them most, what with the 'lets act overly offended and pretend there hasn't been worse' attitude  Rolling Eyes 

...pity...could be a good game too! Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:42 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Pure didgeism..... ://?roflmao?/:

It even SOUNDS like didge (well reads like him actually)...the same "backward" grammar....... 
cool, clones...
I didnt think there was space in the world for TWO such stupid people........ scratch 

you learn something every day

Oh, that's me told off Victor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:44 pm

JeeSuS........

NOW I know why I have started leaning a bit to the right....Its not that I particularly like the smell of the right...Its just that its preferable to the stench of hypocrisy from the left

lots of people hold racist views, y'all act like a bunch of sheltered babies sometimes  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 11:49 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

JeeSuS........

NOW I know why I have started leaning a bit to the right....Its not that I particularly like the smell of the right...Its just that its preferable to the stench of hypocrisy from the left

lots of people hold racist views, y'all act like a bunch of sheltered babies sometimes   Razz 

Yeah, but people with racist views vote and affect policy. Celebrity death pools never hurt anyone  Cool 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

JeeSuS........

lots of people hold racist views, y'all act like a bunch of sheltered babies sometimes   Razz 

Yeah, but people with racist views vote and affect policy. Celebrity death pools never hurt anyone  Cool 

Are you really this sick, or are you just sucking up to JD?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

JeeSuS........

true...but BOTH are morally reprehensible...and yet you defend one and decry the other oh the stench......

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 11:53 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

JeeSuS........

true...but BOTH are morally reprehensible...and yet you defend one and decry the other oh the stench......

Where did I defend it, Mr. Oh-So-Easily-Offended? I just said people do them all the time and they hurt no-one. Deep breaths, we're going to get through this now!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Where did I defend it, Mr. Oh-So-Easily-Offended? I just said people do them all the time and they hurt no-one. Deep breaths, we're going to get through this now!

So would it be OK for people to make bets on which member of your family will die next, cheer when they're right, and go off the pub to celebrate and spend their winnings?

Perhaps JD could use his family to make some money too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:58 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

which is, in total, is defending is it not...

holding the view that we have enough immigrants "hurts no one"...even if it effected the policy of placing a moratorium on further immigration....and yet you would scream "racist"  

its hypocrisy through and through....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:09 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

holding the view that we have enough immigrants "hurts no one"...even if it effected the policy of placing a moratorium on further immigration....and yet you would scream "racist"  

Well, victor, if you want to actually get into the nuts and bolts, I might think that celebrity death pools are distasteful and that I wouldn't want to take part -- but just because of that doesn't mean that I think they're bad or that I'm going to get bent out of shape when someone else wants to take part.

In the same vein, I can acknowledge that you don't have to be racist in order to want an immigration moratorium, while simultaneously noting that a lot of people who speak out against immigration do turn out to be racists!

It's a complicated world, don't make me into someone I'm not just because you lack nuance.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 07, 2014 12:11 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Well, victor, if you want to actually get into the nuts and bolts, I might think that celebrity death pools are distasteful and that I wouldn't want to take part -- but just because of that doesn't mean that I think they're bad or that I'm going to get bent out of shape when someone else wants to take part.

In the same vein, I can acknowledge that you don't have to be racist in order to want an immigration moratorium, while simultaneously noting that a lot of people who speak out against immigration do turn out to be racists!

It's a complicated world, don't make me into someone I'm not just because you lack nuance.

So do you think it would be OK if people sat around in a room making bets on who will be the next black person to be murdered in a racist attack?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

So would it be OK for people to make bets on which member of your family will die next, cheer when they're right, and go off the pub to celebrate and spend their winnings?

Oh, so now everyone who wins a celebrity death pool celebrates other people's deaths? That's preposterous.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

So do you think it would be OK if people sat around in a room making bets on who will be the next black person to be murdered in a racist attack?

Because that's the same thing? Are you serious?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:12 am

Here are my suggestions.

Tony Blair (Racist).
David Cameron (Racist).
Ed Milliband (Racist).
Nick Clegg (Racist).

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 07, 2014 12:12 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Oh, so now everyone who wins a celebrity death pool celebrates other people's deaths? That's preposterous.

Well yes, of course they do. What do you think they do when they win? Cry?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:13 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well, I've seen people win them and they didn't react by saying "Oh my God, I'm so glad that person died! Off for celebratory drinks!"

Sheesh!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 07, 2014 12:16 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well, I've seen people win them and they didn't react by saying "Oh my God, I'm so glad that person died! Off for celebratory drinks!"

Sheesh!

You've taken part in them?

I'll remember this next time you attempt to take the moral highground - and JD too.  Mad 

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:24 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Sheesh!

I'll remember this next time you attempt to take the moral highground - and JD too.  Mad 

Stop the bullshit "gotcha" game, I didn't say I played them, I said I'd seen people win them for Christ's sake. I still say they do no real harm.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 07, 2014 12:26 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Stop the bullshit "gotcha" game, I didn't say I played them, I said I'd seen people win them for Christ's sake. I still say they do no real harm.

No harm? How would you like it if people were making bets about when you were going to die, or when a member of your family was going to die? How would you like it if they made money out of it?

You've got some strange ideas about what's right and what's wrong.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:27 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Well, victor, if you want to actually get into the nuts and bolts, I might think that celebrity death pools are distasteful

But the truth is you wouldnt (and didnt) say so (untill I shoved), because you dare not commit the "crime" of dissent against one of your own

and that I wouldn't want to take part -- but just because of that doesn't mean that I think they're bad or that I'm going to get bent out of shape when someone else wants to take part.

sooo...something is distasteful.....but you wouldnt think its bad???  scratch {confused.com} double standards perhaps??

I wouldnt stop JD running such a sick game....but I will certainly criticise it.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:40 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Well, victor, if you want to actually get into the nuts and bolts, I might think that celebrity death pools are distasteful

But the truth is you wouldnt (and didnt) say so (untill I shoved), because you dare not commit the "crime" of dissent against one of your own

and that I wouldn't want to take part -- but just because of that doesn't mean that I think they're bad or that I'm going to get bent out of shape when someone else wants to take part.

sooo...something is distasteful.....but you wouldnt think its bad???   scratch {confused.com}   double standards perhaps??

I wouldnt stop JD running such a sick game....but I will certainly criticise it.....

I wouldn't go to a live sex club. I wouldn't take up recreational marijuana smoking. I wouldn't marry a man. I wouldn't go swimming with dolphins. I wouldn't carry a Hello Kitty lunch box.

I wouldn't do a lot of things that I also wouldn't stop others from doing. Why is this so hard?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 1:03 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

I wouldn't go to a live sex club. I wouldn't take up recreational marijuana smoking. I wouldn't marry a man. I wouldn't go swimming with dolphins. I wouldn't carry a Hello Kitty lunch box. WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Are you afraid it would terminally damage your "machismo" or are you perhaps more afraid that the shrivelled, drab grey and disapproving lump that passes for the "progressive" hive mind would reject you for such a display of "individuality??

I wouldn't do a lot of things that I also wouldn't stop others from doing. Why is this so hard?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 5:19 am

OK, here's the deal -- I pretty much do what I like. As far as the Hello Kitty thing, I wouldn't carry the lunch box simply because I don't know anything about the phenomenon; it's kind of like how I wouldn't wear a band's T-shirt if I didn't know their songs.

We're talking, however, about predicting the next well-known person to die. That's basically the same thing as trying to predict which will be the next number one company in the world, or what will be the next technological phenomenon to change the world. And if you could peer past your biases you'd see that.

JD didn't propose this because he revels in the deaths of others, for fuck's sake. You need to shake out of this bullshit new theory of yours regarding "progressives" and your opinions on how we all act, and start giving people the benefit of the doubt, and treating them as individuals, again. Otherwise you're no better than this mindset you're railing against.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 07, 2014 7:19 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, here's the deal -- I pretty much do what I like. As far as the Hello Kitty thing, I wouldn't carry the lunch box simply because I don't know anything about the phenomenon; it's kind of like how I wouldn't wear a band's T-shirt if I didn't know their songs.

We're talking, however, about predicting the next well-known person to die. That's basically the same thing as trying to predict which will be the next number one company in the world, or what will be the next technological phenomenon to change the world. And if you could peer past your biases you'd see that.

JD didn't propose this because he revels in the deaths of others, for fuck's sake. You need to shake out of this bullshit new theory of yours regarding "progressives" and your opinions on how we all act, and start giving people the benefit of the doubt, and treating them as individuals, again. Otherwise you're no better than this mindset you're railing against.

Celebrities are people you know, they have friends and families who would be devastated if they died, so why don't you try thinking about them as individuals?

For you to think that it's the same as betting on which company will be number one is very strange indeed.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 7:20 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, here's the deal -- I pretty much do what I like. As far as the Hello Kitty thing, I wouldn't carry the lunch box simply because I don't know anything about the phenomenon; it's kind of like how I wouldn't wear a band's T-shirt if I didn't know their songs.

Celebrities are people you know, they have friends and families who would be devastated if they died, so why don't you try thinking about them as individuals?

For you to think that it's the same as betting on which company will be number one is very strange indeed.

I just think of it as a prediction of future events. I really don't think J.D. meant it to be anything more than that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 07, 2014 7:34 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I just think of it as a prediction of future events. I really don't think J.D. meant it to be anything more than that.

Really? Then why did he say this?

I know it's distasteful.

You really need to stop and think about what you're condoning. It's predicting the death of someone, and then being pleased when you're right. Yes, pleased - at the same time their loved ones are upset.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 am

It's not really just predicting future events though, is it? It's future events regarding other people's loved ones. It's not outside the bounds of possibility bereaved relatives could stumble on this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 07, 2014 8:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

sooo...something is distasteful.....but you wouldnt think its bad???   scratch {confused.com}   double standards perhaps??

I wouldn't go to a live sex club. I wouldn't take up recreational marijuana smoking. I wouldn't marry a man. I wouldn't go swimming with dolphins. I wouldn't carry a Hello Kitty lunch box.

LOLZ this thread is Hilarious. For the recorded... I would do all of the above except marry a man (unless he was super SUPER RICH   :askissas:  )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next