NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen

5 posters

Go down

Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen Empty Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 12:46 am

Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen Article-0-1D93C79E00000578-734_636x382

What a drag.

An anti-gay Republican candidate in North Carolina worked as a drag queen performer and emcee known as 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' according to a bombshell report.

Steve Wiles, a conservative North Carolina state Senate candidate who has been outspoken in his support of the state's same-sex marriage ban, worked as a female impersonator and drag-show emcee earlier in his life, the Winston-Salem Journal reported over the weekend.

Wiles, 34, worked at a gay-friendly Winston-Salem lounge called Club Odyssey from 2002 to 2010, where he directed a weekly drag show, the club's former owner Randy Duggins told the Journal.

Prior to his directorial debut, Wiles had been a frequent attendee at the weekly soirée which featured men dressed as women. He later starred as the show's emcee under the stage name, 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' Duggins said.

Wiles, who has campaigned primarily on his support of the state's ban on gay marriage, confirmed to Business Insider that he used to perform as "Miss Mona Sinclair" at the now-defunct bar but later decided that the role "just was not something that I wanted to continue."

"I think that everyone has their own choices to make and I'm fine with everyone making their own," he said. "For me, from a religious standpoint, just for my life, for me, it just was not something that I wanted to continue."

He has previously denied his affiliation with the club.

When Business Insider asked if he was gay, Wiles responded, "no, I really won't make any comments on that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/anti-gay-north-carolina-republican-candidate-worked-drag-queen-gay-bar-report-article-1.1779271
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen Empty Re: Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 12:54 am

To be fair that doesn't really detract from any argument against same-sex marriage.
If he was campaigning for cross-dressers to be arrested or some shit like that then it would be more relevant.

Back to top Go down

Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen Empty Re: Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 06, 2014 1:14 am

Samhraí wrote:To be fair that doesn't really detract from any argument against same-sex marriage.
If he was campaigning for cross-dressers to be arrested or some shit like that then it would be more relevant.

well you can't detract from something with ZERO merit in the first place  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 1:27 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Samhraí wrote:To be fair that doesn't really detract from any argument against same-sex marriage.

well you can't detract from something with ZERO merit in the first place  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it has zero merit.
Personally I think same-sex marriage should be fully legal in case you think I was implying otherwise.

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 06, 2014 1:37 am

Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean it has any merit Razz  Razz  Razz 

Not letting 2 people that love each other declare that love when it effects no one else HAS NO MERIT  ::gnslnger:: ::gnslnger:: ::gnslnger:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 1:56 am

veya_victaous wrote:Not letting 2 people that love each other declare that love when it effects no one else HAS NO MERIT   ::gnslnger:: ::gnslnger:: ::gnslnger:: 

Generally speaking, yeah.
However, marriage is a religious thing, there are aspects of Christianity/Judaism/Islam that take issue with homosexuality so I can understand why some are campaigning against the legalisation of same sex marriage.

Now, if they were campaigning against the likes of secular equivalents to marriage THEN they would have absolutely no merit because it has nothing to do with them.

What confuses me is that if your religion doesn't believe you should be allowed to be married then why would you want to be a member of that religion?
Luckily the Church does seem to be taking a softer attitude towards things now. Especially so since Pope Francis became the Pope so hopefully the Church will start to get more inclusive but it's their business whether they do or not since it's their organisation.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 06, 2014 2:16 am

Marriage is not a Religious thing!!!
it Pre-dates All Religions But the Great Rainbow Serpent and the Serpent doesn't give a shit about officialdom.
the first piece of western literature, that pre-dates Christianity by almost 1000 years, is the Story of Greeks waging War on Trojans to get back a WIFE !!!

Plus Hydrogen and Oxygen Marry all the time, marriage just means "to make an inseparable bond" it is a common chemistry term.

the Church Has NO legitimate Claim to Marriage what so ever!!!!!! Marriage existed at least 2000 years before Moses in Egypt, Osiris and Isis Were Married!!!!
Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen Tumblr_letjv2wPWB1qg86yxo1_400
Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen Osiris-isis-8199814

Let alone Zeus and Hera, Hera is literally the Goddess of Marital happiness
Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen IMAG0009
http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myths/greek_goddess_hera.htm
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 2:32 am

I suppose you have a point actually.
I sometimes forget marriage outside of the context of the big three religions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 3:40 am

Samhraí wrote:I suppose you have a point actually.

Only goes to show what an enormous influence they've had on people's lives.

The film "Vanilla Sky" was a re-make of a Spanish film called "Abre Los Ojos." If you translate that literally, it means "Open the eyes," not the actually translation of "Open your eyes."

I heard the reason the Spanish say "the eyes" (or refer to body parts in general by "the" rather than "your") is that it's a remnant of a centuries-old Catholic Church doctrine declaring that your body belonged to God and that you couldn't claim any part of it for yourself Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 06, 2014 4:02 am

yeah I think a lot of people do that.

TAOIST
Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen A9417C6984E7EB45F06866277602A

HINDU
Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen Indian-wedding-traditions-1

BUDDHIST
Republican anti-gay candidate's former identity: 'Miss Mona Sinclair,' gay-bar drag queen Buddhist03_b
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 5:41 am

May I just point out?

"I think that everyone has their own choices to make and I'm fine with everyone making their own," he said.

Fucking hypocrite. If he's fine with everyone making their own choices he wouldn't be trying to ban gay marriage, would he?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Marriage no longer has anything to do with religion. The old man in the sky is something of another era.

As long as same-sex marriage is legally recognized I think we can simply bypass religion.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:May I just point out?

"I think that everyone has their own choices to make and I'm fine with everyone making their own," he said.

Fucking hypocrite. If he's fine with everyone making their own choices he wouldn't be trying to ban gay marriage, would he?

He is in the closet or back in the closet. That is why he is anti gay marriage. Another GAW!
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Closet case heterosexual??

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 4:32 am

smelly_bandit wrote: Closet case heterosexual??

I really don't know why I bother, but in our world there is no societal shame placed on straight people, so nobody would ever be a closet-case heterosexual. Unless you can point me to examples of people being mocked, cursed or killed for being straight. In which case I would cherish the educational opportunity.

Yes, I know, you think the time is coming, in your scaredy-cat insane imagination, that straight people will be put through anything remotely close to what gay people have been put through for centuries. I'm looking for real-world examples though, not horseshit, so if you can't cite a real example, don't bother replying.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 07, 2014 9:25 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote: Closet case heterosexual??

I really don't know why I bother, but in our world there is no societal shame placed on straight people, so nobody would ever be a closet-case heterosexual. Unless you can point me to examples of people being mocked, cursed or killed for being straight. In which case I would cherish the educational opportunity.

Yes, I know, you think the time is coming, in your scaredy-cat insane imagination, that straight people will be put through anything remotely close to what gay people have been put through for centuries. I'm looking for real-world examples though, not horseshit, so if you can't cite a real example, don't bother replying.

Hi Ben just ignore the twanker.
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 am

I think that guy does actually look good in drag!!, I mean he does pass from that picture as a woman!

Back to top Go down

Post by harrymuffin Wed May 07, 2014 9:45 am

I suppose the bond of marriage has existed since the days of cave men. When they found a partner and were bound together for life. We've now decided that, that bond needs to have a piece of paper with it and a lot of legalities.

Back in the day, I'd think that when the partner died, there were no fights over what was left, knowing that everything automatically went to the OH.

We've made things the way they are now. By our greed. If you live with your partner now, and they die, watch out for the blood family coming out of the woodwork to make a claim. Sickens me.

Another reason everyone should be allowed to marry. To keep the family vultures at bay.
harrymuffin
harrymuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Joy Division wrote:I think that guy does actually look good in drag!!, I mean he does pass from that picture as a woman!

You are having a giraffe yes?

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 8:36 am

Nems wrote:
Joy Division wrote:I think that guy does actually look good in drag!!, I mean he does pass from that picture as a woman!

You are having a giraffe yes?

I let it go yesterday Nems because I think JD can't help being attracted to terrible looking "women" ... ://?roflmao?/: 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down