NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First case of MERS confirmed in US

3 posters

Go down

First case of MERS confirmed in US  Empty First case of MERS confirmed in US

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 9:48 pm

First case of MERS confirmed in US
An American health worker has been diagnosed in the first confirmed US case of the deadly respiratory disease.

The first US case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) has been confirmed after an American health worker was hospitalised in Indiana after returning from Saudi Arabia.

The man was diagnosed with the disease after arriving in the US from the kingdom, officials said on Friday.

The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention are investigating the US case to track down anyone the patient had been in close contact with recently.

The recent diagnosis highlights growing concerns over the virus spreading beyond the kingdom's borders as more cases are reported.

The news comes just after Saudi Arabia announced that its number of MERS cases had doubled in April with 26 new diagnoses reported on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Millions of pilgrims are also set to visit the kingdom during the fasting month of Ramadan in July, followed by millions more for the annual Islamic Haj pilgrimage in October.

Questions over transmission

Of the 371 people who caught the disease in Saudi Arabia, 107 have died since it was identified two years ago.

While the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said the disease, which is from the same family as the SARS virus, is difficult to pass between humans, most of the cases reported in Saudi Arabia have been transmitted between people rather than from animals.

But health experts believe that animals, most likely camels, were the initial source of the illness.

On Tuesday acting health minister Adel Fakeih said Saudis should avoid close contact with camels, or consuming their raw milk or meat.

Traders and others at Riyadh’s camel market on Monday said they had not been officially notified of any link between MERS and camels or of any precautionary measures to be taken, according to Reuters.

Saudi Arabia and the WHO have advised very old people, children and those suffering long-term disease to delay their Haj this year because of MERS, but have stopped short of imposing other restrictions such as on visa numbers.

MERS cases have also arisen in Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Tunisia as well as several countries in Europe.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2014/05/first-case-mers-confirmed-us-201452193427817123.html

Not good.

Back to top Go down

First case of MERS confirmed in US  Empty Re: First case of MERS confirmed in US

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:23 pm

well well...what to do here ??

come on L/W...1000's of pilgrims from UK all potentially bringing it back here...

whatcha gonna do????

cluck cluck.....

a disease with a 30% mortality rate...
no vaccination..
no cure...

if it "gets loose" well now...you have a problem dont you??

as sassy says...not good

NOT GOED???? its bloody potentially catastrophic fgs

but no doubt IF it all went horribly wrong you would slowly suffocate in your bed thanking whatever you believe in for "globalisation" and such a blessing of an "open society"

because sure as hell you wont have the balls to support the ONE thing that could prevent it...

compulsary quarrantine in controlled centers for 6 weeks for every returning pilgrim...

I KNOW we dont do that for individual travellers but its not necessary...as yet....if it gets more infectious it may be...
but the sheer number of returning pilgrims raises the risks exponentially

Back to top Go down

First case of MERS confirmed in US  Empty Re: First case of MERS confirmed in US

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 02, 2014 10:27 pm

I was just waiting for someone to turn this into a Muslim-bashing thread, and here we go ...

MUSLIMSDIDDIT
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:29 pm

FGS Victor.   All of a sudden disease becomes the fault of the people who suffer it and we are supposed to lock our doors and never venture forth in case a bug gets us!!!!!!    What a ludicrous way to live a life!

What are you going to do about migrating birds etc, shoot them all?   Pffffffffffffffftttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for quarantine, if they had an epidemic I'm sure quarantine would be the first thing they would think of. So help me, I want to shake you until your teeth rattle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Sassy wrote:FGS Victor.   All of a sudden disease becomes the fault of the people who suffer it and we are supposed to lock our doors and never venture forth in case a bug gets us!!!!!!    What a ludicrous way to live a life!

did I say that???NO...but as ever ...the L/W dont want to see the potential problem.... IF the risk posed by this bug is such (and that depends on ONE THING, which just at the moment no one knows...and that is how easily does it spread human to human....) that it is likely to "get loose" then at 30% mortality and no treatment...I would suggest that this is beyond "in case a bug gets us" do you WANT to risk 20 MILLION dead...in 18 weeks....from the disease...with another 5-10 million dead from the collapse and anarchy that THAT would cause..we got lucky with H5N1 flu....very lucky indeed....

What are you going to do about migrating birds etc, shoot them all?   Pffffffffffffffftttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not caught from migrating birds...its caught from migrating humans....I dont know but doubt if it affects birds...its NOT flu...moreover even if it were carried by migrating birds...prevention is relatively easy...dont touch dead or sick birds.........

humans are a different problem since we actively mix with each other...and any respiratory virus is thus easily transferred...

As for quarantine, if they had an epidemic I'm sure quarantine would be the first thing they would think of. they should be thinking of that BEFORE we have an epidemic..anything else is shutting the door after the horse has bolted   So help me, I want to shake you until your teeth rattle!

my aren't we getting sensitive....

i dont care if its Muslims or aussies....or bloody aliens from vulcan....
IF there were 1000's of migrating pilgrims or just simply visitors (all arriving within a few days of one another) comming from an area which has a deadly 30% mortality disease which has proven human-human spread...the the same applies....

but of course YOU and Ben have just proved my point... (told you I can lay minefields)

because its Muslims...we mustnt do ANYTHING.....until its too late ...its here and running wild....

you DO know at least a tiny bit about epidemiology dont you.......

1 carrier generally not a problem with a quick developing disease...because ALL his contacts can (usually) be traced in time...before THEY pass it on further
10 carriers a bit more of a problem
100 carriers...the problem becomes a logistical impossibility to trace all contacts..in time...then you get contacts of contacts arising...boom..its out of control

1000 carriers...no chance whatsoever and you have potentially wider dispersal within the population
10,000 forget it......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 11:26 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:FGS Victor.   All of a sudden disease becomes the fault of the people who suffer it and we are supposed to lock our doors and never venture forth in case a bug gets us!!!!!!    What a ludicrous way to live a life!

did I say that???NO...but as ever ...the L/W dont want to see the potential problem.... IF the risk posed by this bug is such (and that depends on ONE THING, which just at the moment no one knows...and that is how easily does it spread human to human....) that it is likely to "get loose" then at 30% mortality and no treatment...I would suggest that this is beyond "in case a bug gets us"   do you WANT to risk 20 MILLION dead...in 18 weeks....from the disease...with another 5-10 million dead from the collapse and anarchy that THAT would cause..we got lucky with H5N1 flu....very lucky indeed....

Its not caught from migrating birds...its caught from migrating humans....I dont know but doubt if it affects birds...its NOT flu...moreover even if it were carried by migrating birds...prevention is relatively easy...dont touch dead or sick birds.........

humans are a different problem since we actively mix with each other...and any respiratory virus is thus easily transferred...

As for quarantine, if they had an epidemic I'm sure quarantine would be the first thing they would think of. they should be thinking of that BEFORE we have an epidemic..anything else is shutting the door after the horse has bolted   So help me, I want to shake you until your teeth rattle!

IF there were 1000's of migrating pilgrims or just simply visitors (all arriving within a few days of one another) comming from an area which has a deadly 30% mortality disease which has proven human-human spread...the the same applies....

but of course YOU and Ben have just proved my point... (told you I can lay minefields)  

because its Muslims...we mustnt do ANYTHING.....until its too late ...its here and running wild....

1 carrier generally not a problem with a quick developing disease...because ALL his contacts can (usually) be traced in time...before THEY pass it on further
100 carriers...the problem becomes a logistical impossibility to trace all contacts..in time...then you get contacts of contacts arising...boom..its out of control

1000 carriers...no chance whatsoever and you have potentially wider dispersal within the population
10,000 forget it......

They actually think it is spread by camels, and you have to come into contact with them. And as they have had cases for quite a few years now and only ONE case has happened outside the area, I think you are getting a bit upset about nothing. And I'd be saying the same thing whatever area it came from and whatever animal spread it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 11:38 pm

Erm...sassy...read the post as they say....... RTFP

Of the 371 people who caught the disease in Saudi Arabia, 107 have died since it was identified two years ago.

While the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said the disease, which is from the same family as the SARS virus, is difficult to pass between humans, most of the cases reported in Saudi Arabia have been transmitted between people rather than from animals.

which mens it has changed its nature and become "adapted" for human-human spread....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 11:46 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Erm...sassy...read the post  as they say....... RTFP

which mens it has changed its nature and become "adapted" for human-human spread....

And so did Sars, and so did bird flu and so did swine flu etc. As I have a crap immune system I'd be the first to worry if I thought it was worth it, but one case outside the area doesn't make me start thinking of world epidemics I'm afraid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

10,000 forget it......

They actually think it is spread by camels, and you have to come into contact with them.   And as they have had cases for quite a few years now and only ONE case has happened outside the area, I think you are getting a bit upset about nothing.   And I'd be saying the same thing whatever area it came from and whatever animal spread it.  

Rubbish

at Least 4 in france..one in england one in portugal, now one in USA and thats on the basis of very poor availability of information....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Yea and how many cases of swine flu etc were there, and you never hear of it any more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 11:56 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:Erm...sassy...read the post  as they say....... RTFP

And so did Sars, and so did bird flu and so did swine flu etc.  As I have a crap immune system I'd be the first to worry if I thought it was worth it, but one case outside the area doesn't make me start thinking of world epidemics I'm afraid.
but we didnt have 1000's of folks in transit from these areas in a matter of a few days we were VERY lucky with bird flu (H5N1) and swine flu was apparantly over rated anyway....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:02 am

There are always thousands of folks in transit from any area in the world, the air companies would go out of business if there weren't. I don't see the point of worrying until there are a lot more signs than this. If the one case in America turns into more cases, then there is a chance it speads easier, but so far there hasn't been another case. I'd forgotten about the cases in France and here, but it just shows that it don't carry easily if there were no other cases for those.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat May 03, 2014 12:07 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27262357

More on the way?
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:12 am

scrat wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27262357

More on the way?

That is the same case Scrat, and he has got home and been hospitalised in Indiana and no other cases have come forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:16 am

Sassy wrote:There are always thousands of folks in transit from any area in the world, the air companies would go out of business if there weren't.   I don't see the point of worrying until there are a lot more signs than this.   If the one case in America turns into more cases, then there is a chance it speads easier, but so far there hasn't been another case.   I'd forgotten about the cases in France and here, but it just shows that it don't carry easily if there were no other cases for those.

so far....I recon this could be the big nasty actually.....more so than bird flu.....
in which case...the left and present "pretend right" will see us dead....because they will act to late, too weak out of fear on economics....

at the first signs of it becoming a "spreader"...we MUST become the "island fortress" if only for a short time....NO_ONE gets in except returning brits...who go into a quarrantine camp.......until either a vaccine is found, a cure is found...or it burns itself out....but that wont suit...

the right will wail about their money
the left will wail about everyone elses human rights
and no -one will worry about 20+ million dead brits....
sometimes I shake my head....

disease doesnt play politics, it doesnt respect wealth, and it doesnt give a shit about "human rights"

the black death killed how many? why?

well the why is simple...there was no knowlege about its cause...so it couldnt be controlled

this may kill a greater percentage of the population, if it got loose....
why?

because although we know the cause...we have no effective cure/prevention.....except isolation...and thats not "politically" acceptable....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:16 am

In fact the article says he went through Heathrow on 24th April:

Mers has an incubation period of up to 14 days, so any illness starting after 9 May would not be related, Public Health England said.

Over the halfway period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:19 am

AND...if you look at the figures the RATE of infection is INCREASING.......

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 am

Sassy wrote:
scrat wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27262357

More on the way?

That is the same case Scrat, and he has got home and been hospitalised in Indiana and no other cases have come forward.  
Hi Sassy, it worries me that so many of these pathogens mutate and become antibiotic resistant so quickly, perhaps we should all go through a dip before our travels, at the very least they should remain vigilant.

Perhaps we're becoming at odds with nature, if Ebola ever got out and mutated we'd be fucked!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 am

Sassy wrote:In fact the article says he went through Heathrow on 24th April:

Mers has an incubation period of up to 14 days, so any illness starting after 9 May would not be related, Public Health England said.

Over the halfway period.
look sassy..this ONE case is relatively unimportant....ALL his close contacts CAN be traced...easily....

500 plane fulls in 3 or 4 days...thats a different matter...especially if it does become more effective at transmission....which it seems to be doing....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:23 am

scrat wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Hi Sassy, it worries me that so many of these pathogens mutate and become antibiotic resistant so quickly, perhaps we should all go through a dip before our travels, at the very least they should remain vigilant.

Perhaps we're becoming at odds with nature, if Ebola ever got out and mutated we'd be fucked!

film...outbreak......

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
scrat wrote:

film...outbreak......
not dissimilar, Cancer rates are levelling out we're getting the drugs to control it, cancer has been around a long time, but every now and then you get pandemics, the relative ease in which antibiotics are simply bypassed and the volume and intensity of virulent pathogens could be a natural speeding up process of event.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:34 am

scrat wrote:
Sassy wrote:

It's a virus, so anti-biotics wouldn't touch it anyway Scat. And the reason things are becoming anti-biotic resistant is because we use anti-biotics inappropriately.

Don't think a dip would do much good for germs that are airborne carried and are in the air in your lungs lol

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat May 03, 2014 12:38 am

Sassy wrote:
scrat wrote:

It's a virus, so anti-biotics wouldn't touch it anyway Scat.   And the reason things are becoming anti-biotic resistant is because we use anti-biotics inappropriately.  

Don't think a dip would do much good for germs that are airborne carried and are in the air in your lungs lol
These superbugs have evolved to actually protect themselves against antibiotics by developing a gene of resistance. This genetic mutation might be what is causing the superbug to produce enzymes, whose job is to inactivate the antibiotics. Bacteria, such as these superbugs, are evolving to be able to resist as much as five or six types antibiotics, so doctors are having problems choosing which medications to use on patients. Levy says that genetics are working against us, and it’s like a bad science fiction story.

Levy believes that people are using antibiotics’ in a bad way. Antibiotics are supposed to be used to kill bacteria—and not viruses, such as a cold. Levy explains that people are also self-medicating with old medicine found in their homes and taking these pills for colds. Levy says that when people use antibiotics’ to fight a virus, they are helping the antibiotic resistance grow.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/05/is-this-the-death-of-antibiotics/
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat May 03, 2014 12:44 am

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

10,000 forget it......

They actually think it is spread by camels, and you have to come into contact with them.   And as they have had cases for quite a few years now and only ONE case has happened outside the area, I think you are getting a bit upset about nothing.   And I'd be saying the same thing whatever area it came from and whatever animal spread it.  

I think I'm living in a parallel universe here.... I've read this thread, Sassy you started it, and your comment was 'not good'.

Now after people agree with you and say we don't want this virus here, you throw a tantrum, say people are getting upset about nothing and say you want to shake victor till his teeth rattle???? So. Are you saying its 'not good'. Are you saying you don't agree with the original post and we should all sit back and say its OK if it spreads to the UK or what? Or are you saying we need to come into contact with a camel before we get it?

I don't get why you started the thread with that OP if you didn't agree with it?
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:47 am

Exactly Scrat.   Because of my leukaemia I have a crap immune system, but the last time I took anti-biotics was 4 years ago when I was hospitalised with a really bad bug.   They insisted on giving me intravenious anti-biotics, then the tests came back it was a virus.   I was furious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:50 am

harvesmom wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I think I'm living in a parallel universe here.... I've read this thread, Sassy you started it, and your comment was 'not good'.

Now after people agree with you and say we don't want this virus here, you throw a tantrum, say people are getting upset about nothing and say you want to shake victor till his teeth rattle???? So. Are you saying its 'not good'. Are you saying you don't agree with the original post and we should all sit back and say its OK if it spreads to the UK or what? Or are you saying we need to come into contact with a camel before we get it?

I don't get why you started the thread with that OP if you didn't agree with it?

No, it's not good.   But on the other hand it's not something to get hysterical about either.   The bad thing was that he showed the symptoms after he left the MERS area.   The good thing is that so far he doesn't appear to have infected anyone else.   IF more cases come forward before 9th May, then is the time to worry.

And the reason why I wanted to shake Victor was because he wanted to turn us into a fortress virtually and cut off all contact with the outside world.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat May 03, 2014 1:01 am

Sassy wrote:Exactly Scrat.   Because of my leukaemia I have a crap immune system, but the last time I took anti-biotics was 4 years ago when I was hospitalised with a really bad bug.   They insisted on giving me intravenious anti-biotics, then the tests came back it was a virus.   I was furious.
Im not a doctor but I'm sure some viruses can cause septic shock, the treatment being antibiotics, of course with contagion levels being the key indicator, I would treat any new superbug with a healthy respect, definitely up the caution just for elf and safety.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat May 03, 2014 1:43 am

Sassy wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

No, it's not good.   But on the other hand it's not something to get hysterical about either.   The bad thing was that he showed the symptoms after he left the MERS area.   The good thing is that so far he doesn't appear to have infected anyone else.   IF more cases come forward before 9th May, then is the time to worry.

And the reason why I wanted to shake Victor was because he wanted to turn us into a fortress virtually and cut off all contact with the outside world.

So you are saying its OK at the moment. Only its not is it? They don't know how it spreads. They don't know how it started. And they don't know for sure that someone has it because the symptoms vary so much. So how would they know an incubation period?

harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:56 am

Blimey fear works its magic again onto those with the prejudice mentality. We have many viruses that spread, deadly ones even in this country, I suggest some go and stay at a Hospital to understand this let alone understand there is no affective measure you could put in place to stop the spread of many unless you stopped all incoming outgoing movement of people, which would mean all trade would stop, all food imported, as well as many resources, even with the use of quarantine.
It matters little if it originates from Muslim countries if many have traveled everywhere., or people to these countries, because once it spreads it becomes near impossible to stop, or all the potential people world over who may have come it to contact, you would thus have to quarantine near everyone coming into a country, not just from the source country. Let alone by doing so you would in fact also bring a nation to face an even worse situation of anarchy, where people will be rioting to eat, you would need Marshal law and thousands would end up dead fighting to try and eat.
History shows us that all Pandemics start in China, so should we to ensure they never start, stop all movement of Chinese people and who come into contact with them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 2:48 am

While the mortality rate is scary, it bears reminding that only 371 people in all of Saudi have caught it in two years -- so while I'm sure it's scary when you have it, I wouldn't think it's worth worrying too much about unless you have serious symptoms.

Here we get people freaking out over West Nile every year (in fact it's nearly time), but it's rarely fatal when you take whole population into consideration.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:09 am

harvesmom wrote:
Sassy wrote:

So you are saying its OK at the moment. Only its not is it? They don't know how it spreads. They don't know how it started. And they don't know for sure that someone has it because the symptoms vary so much. So how would they know an incubation period?

Exactly whilst we dont know the incubation period we need to be very worried IMO. It appears to be getting more effiicient at going human to human. So to have a mass of people arriving in the infected area,living in close proximity to each other then leaving that area to go to all areas of the globe is a potential nightmare.
Sassy was a bit hoist by her own petard here and started a thread not thinking where it was going to go. Her teeth rattling comment to Victor is just another incident of her outstanding bloody arrogance, to be so rude to him is low.
Anyone accusing Victor of Muslim bashing is being lazy and a bit of a moron really. The disease doesnt care what religion or ethnicity you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 am

They're saying on Sky News that they're tracking down all the passengers on the plane who got off at Heathrow. Now that's one busy place.

By sheer coincidence there was an'IT meltdown' at UK airports the other day, resulting in passengers not being able to leave for several hours, including Heathrow, where the passengers from this plane got off, not sure whether it's the exact same time:

Problems on the UK’s immigration computer network began at airports and seaports around the country at about 2.30pm and quickly escalated over the next 12 hours. But it took Border Force until around 3am Thursday to install an electronic ‘patch’ to solve the damaging software failure."

"...Furious travellers described the scenes as ‘a disgrace and a national embarrassment’ with many complaining about a lack of information and water...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2618352/Home-Office-says-sorry-airports-IT-meltdown-Immigration-Ministers-apology-glitch-caused-national-embarrassment-Britains-airports.html

So if infected passengers were among these hordes being contained for several hours, that's surely a doomsday scenario.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 am

Nems wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Exactly whilst we dont know the incubation period we need to be very worried IMO. It appears to be getting more effiicient at going human to human. So to have a mass of people arriving in the infected area,living in close proximity to each other then leaving that area to go to all areas of the globe is a potential nightmare.
Sassy was a bit hoist by her own petard here and started a thread not thinking where it was going to go. Her teeth rattling comment to Victor is just another incident of her outstanding bloody arrogance, to be so rude to him is low.
Anyone accusing Victor of Muslim bashing is being lazy and a bit of a moron really. The disease doesnt care what religion or ethnicity you are.

Sorry nems, that is baloney in regards to Victor bashing Muslims, when he posts childish posts like "its only a few", he is Muslim bashing all the time, why I have no idea, but many will disagree with you that he certainly is, though would agree not on this story.

Also this view point on this one of many viruses is over the top when we have others, why single out this one, when as seen it does not easily spread either, since it has been around for the last couple of years and there is such a thing as creating panic, until we have better knowledge it is not sound to think you can suspect either who may have contracted this, because as stated, where do you draw the line when people are constantly travelling between nations, it would be impossible without a complete shut down of movement. Sorry but people are over panicking and in reality we are well over due a pandemic and when it comes are best hope is those who will naturally be able to fight it, sadly many will also die though, but there is no reason to spread fear and panic over something which as seen has yielded very few cases in the last couple of years, that does not strike me as something highly contageous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 am

This is a great site for tracking worldwide outbreaks and stuff:

http://outbreaks.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:27 am

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Sorry nems, that is baloney in regards to Victor bashing Muslims, when he posts childish posts like "its only a few", he is Muslim bashing all the time, why I have no idea, but many will disagree with you that he certainly is, though would agree not on this story.

He doesnt Muslim bash Didge he just is not too scared to say what he thinks regarding the need of some peopleto abandon their own culture and ways for fear of being labelled a racist

Also this view point on this one of many viruses is over the top when we have others, why single out this one, when as seen it does not easily spread either, since it has been around for the last couple of years and there is such a thing as creating panic, until we have better knowledge it is not sound to think you can suspect either who may have contracted this, because as stated, where do you draw the line when people are constantly travelling between nations, it would be impossible without a complete shut down of movement. Sorry but people are over panicking and in reality we are well over due a pandemic and when it comes are best hope is those who will naturally be able to fight it, sadly many will also die though, but there is no reason to spread fear and panic over something which as seen has yielded very few cases in the last couple of years, that does not strike me as something highly contageous

Personally speaking I would rather have a panic and and measures taken now than be watching the news in months to come as reporters in infection control suits report from one of the hundreds of makeshift morgues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:38 am

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

He doesnt Muslim bash Didge he just is not too scared to say what he thinks regarding the need of some peopleto abandon their own culture and ways for fear of being labelled a racist

Personally speaking I would rather have a panic and and measures taken now than be watching the news in months to come as reporters in infection control suits report from one of the hundreds of makeshift morgues.

Yes he does Nems, he claimed that there was little evidence because he did not read about many decent Muslims and he sees and read about more bad Muslims and bases his view thus many are bad, that is bashing Muslims per say as a group, when Ben, myself and Veya have been countering and we are not idiots thank you. I have nothing against him but you could engage in sensible debate with him which does not seem to be the case these days, that has gone out of the window, though I do not wish for you to stop liking him far from it, but as stated I see poor arguments based on prejudice daily of which he seems to be increasingly using, He has never been stopped from saying what he thinks, using this view to claim people can be utterly prejudice and discriminate is also an absurd view point, as people have a right to counter such discrmination

Sorry but what does a panic achieve as I already stated where you would have to put in place measure which would grind nearly everything to a halt, as now all those on that plane have come into contact with countless others and they thousands of others and the spiral continues, that is impossible to contain as is a pandemic when it starts. What you do then is add more problems to the issue and people having no control of their movements and resources limited creates mass panic and anarchy. The only way is finding someone who can naturally beat the virus and then manufacture as quickly as possible a vaccine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Yes he does Nems, he claimed that there was little evidence because he did not read about many decent Muslims and he sees and read about more bad Muslims and bases his view thus many are bad, that is bashing Muslims per say as a group, when Ben, myself and Veya have been countering and we are not idiots thank you. I have nothing against him but you could engage in sensible debate with him which does not seem to be the case these days, that has gone out of the window, though I do not wish for you to stop liking him far from it, but as stated I see poor arguments based on prejudice daily of which he seems to be increasingly using, He has never been stopped from saying what he thinks, using this view to claim people can be utterly prejudice and discriminate is also an absurd view point, as people have a right to counter such discrmination

You have a right to state your opinion, Victor has the right to state his. If you view his as discrimination that again is your opinion.

Sorry but what does a panic achieve as I already stated where you would have to put in place measure which would grind nearly everything to a halt, as now all those on that plane have come into contact with countless others and they thousands of others and the spiral continues, that is impossible to contain as is a pandemic when it starts. What you do then is add more problems to the issue and people having no control of their movements and resources limited creates mass panic and anarchy. The only way is finding someone who can naturally beat the virus and then manufacture as quickly as possible a vaccine.

Thats why I said personally speaking  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:44 am

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

You have a right to state your opinion, Victor has the right to state his. If you view his as discrimination that again is your opinion.

Agreed Nems

I just wish he would calm down and get back to sensible debate instead of holding a grudge, life is too short and not worth it

Have a good day

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:46 am

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Agreed Nems

I just wish he would calm down and get back to sensible debate instead of holding a grudge, life is too short and not worth it

Have a good day

x

You too Didge xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down