NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would You Allow Someone Who Is 5-10% More Likely To Assault You Into Your House, If Not, Why Let Him In Your Country?

5 posters

Go down

Would You Allow Someone Who Is 5-10% More Likely To Assault You Into Your House, If Not, Why Let Him In Your Country? Empty Would You Allow Someone Who Is 5-10% More Likely To Assault You Into Your House, If Not, Why Let Him In Your Country?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:09 pm

28th April 2014

Please discuss.

Back to top Go down

Would You Allow Someone Who Is 5-10% More Likely To Assault You Into Your House, If Not, Why Let Him In Your Country? Empty Re: Would You Allow Someone Who Is 5-10% More Likely To Assault You Into Your House, If Not, Why Let Him In Your Country?

Post by Eilzel Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:46 pm

This would be much easier to respond to if you could explain how any individual could be described as '5-10% more likely to assault you' than somebody else.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Would You Allow Someone Who Is 5-10% More Likely To Assault You Into Your House, If Not, Why Let Him In Your Country? Empty Re: Would You Allow Someone Who Is 5-10% More Likely To Assault You Into Your House, If Not, Why Let Him In Your Country?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Eilzel wrote:This would be much easier to respond to if you could explain how any individual could be described as '5-10% more likely to assault you' than somebody else.

Why would that make things easier?

I think the question is very simple, clear and concise.

Now, give it a shot Eli.

Answer the question before I answer it for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:54 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:This would be much easier to respond to if you could explain how any individual could be described as '5-10% more likely to assault you' than somebody else.

Why would that make things easier?

I think the question is very simple, clear and concise.

Now, give it a shot Eli.

Answer the question before I answer it for you.

But you're not really explaining where your % starts from. I mean, I know people, friends, family, people I just know etc; who I would invite into my house. Now some of those people I know would be more likely (although still not likely at all in truth) to commit an assault than others- for various reasons, maybe more temperamental or whatever; but since the starting point at which anyone is likely to commit an assault is very low to begin with then even someone being '5% more likely to commit assault' is not really likely to do any such thing.

So on that basis I'd still invite them in; because the chances of there being an actual assault is still ridiculously small and I'm not going to treat them with in-hospitality just because there is a fractionally small chance they may be more likely (according to some arbitrary %) to commit an assault. Which answers your question.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:51 pm

It's a really strange question -- the only way to tell if an individual is 5-10 percent more likely to assault you is if they're maybe, wearing T-shirt that says, "Hi, I'm 5-10 percent more likely to assault you than the average person" and you believe it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:03 pm

I don't think my answer conformed to the answer Big A wanted  lol!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Sorry folks, but it wasn't my question.

It was some Australian Police Chief or something...

I'll try and find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Easy be an Anglo from Blacktown(western Sydney)  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

SO my Answer is yes as by stats I would have fallen into that Category for most of my 20's  Wink  Many of my friends still do  cheers 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:33 am

OK

A stranger knock on my door. Wearing face cover. Not mentioning orientation of sex could be either....... Full Muslim garb or Balaclava.

No way would either get through my front door.

No proper facial contact.

No trust.

No entry.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:55 am

gerber wrote:OK

A stranger knock on my door.  Wearing face cover.  Not mentioning orientation of sex could be either.......  Full Muslim garb or Balaclava.

No trust.

No entry.

Would You Allow Someone Who Is 5-10% More Likely To Assault You Into Your House, If Not, Why Let Him In Your Country? Pitt_wide-620x349
what about burns victims?
 Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

Well I'd open my mouth and speak to them first.  Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:30 am

A stranger knock on my door.  Wearing face cover.  Not mentioning orientation of sex could be either.......  Full Muslim garb or Balaclava.

No trust.

No entry.

If someone is wearing a balaclava at your door (veya's exceptional burns victim aside) it would be very odd and certainly I would agree. But that wasn't Andy's question.

^Veya, good point about people in their 20s; this is why the question is so inane really; whether put by Andy or an Australian police chief.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:49 am

Eilzel wrote:

No trust.

No entry.

If someone is wearing a balaclava at your door (veya's exceptional burns victim aside) it would be very odd and certainly I would agree. But that wasn't Andy's question.

^Veya, good point about people in their 20s; this is why the question is so inane really; whether put by Andy or an Australian police chief.

I'm pretty sure it was the British Guy we had and have since gotten rid of  confused confused confused 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 am

They say they don't want black riots the same as those in London a couple of years ago - who can blame them?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/african-youth-crime-concern-20120819-24glt.html

SUDANESE and Somali-born Victorians are about five times more likely to commit crimes than the wider community, a trend that must be addressed to prevent Cronulla-style social unrest, police warn.

The most common crimes committed by Somali and Sudanese-born Victorians are assault and robbery, illustrating the trend towards increasingly violent robberies by disaffected African youths.

''We've got to fix this now and make sure it doesn't continue, so the kids who are now 10 years old aren't in this offender bracket in five years' time. So we don't get the Cronullas happening,'' Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Tim Cartwright said.

''[At Cronulla] you had a big chunk of the community disengaged and coming to a point where you have large-scale civil unrest. That's abhorrent to us, to think we would have that.

''You look at the UK riots and you think, we don't ever want to go there, we don't ever want to see segments of our community saying they just don't care what the rest of the community does, they don't care for us, they have no engagement, don't recognise the legal system, don't recognise education.

''In the longer term the challenge for us is to fix that,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/african-youth-crime-concern-20120819-24glt.html#ixzz30GD1svgS

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:45 am

So there you go Andy. Most of the wider community are totally unlikely to commit assault, even at 5% more likelihood it is still low, so I'd let them in.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Ummm Andy that's is from 2012  Suspect 
Do you know what has happened in the 2 years Since?  
We have taken in More Africans and Haven't had any major problems in Fact many of the issues that looked like the could have developed have been nipped in the bud through working together with community inclusion projects  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 

the largest community of Somalis and Sudanese in Australia is in Blacktown (we joke that they thought the name was instructions) My Suburb, and no they are not very criminal at all, at first the came over and always wore suits and stuff looked like they were going to church all the time(they go to Church a lot compared than White Aussies) then that changed to 'Gangsta Rapper' And their was concern they would start behaving like the criminals they were dressing like but now they have settled into their own style/place, they have blended their traditional(aspired) African style with the Aussie one, we are starting to see their restaurants pop up now etc.

Last edited by veya_victaous on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Eilzel wrote:So there you go Andy. Most of the wider community are totally unlikely to commit assault, even at 5% more likelihood it is still low, so I'd let them in.

it was 5 times more likely (i.e 500%), it was a very short term spate due to getting bunch of 'child soldiers' as refugees. Our Systems took a year or 2 get around this 'new' type of refugee we have had plenty of practice with other types (war orphans, famine survivors, persecuted minorities etc) so it wasn't too hard to adapt a new strategy to 'Australianize' them into our Hybrid Culture.
 pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:03 am

No trust.

No entry.

Gerbs, you wouldn't let a Muslim wearing full garb, in?

Interesting.

Would anyone else?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down