NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake Homophobic Assault - Man Won't Be Charged

3 posters

Go down

Fake Homophobic Assault - Man Won't Be Charged Empty Fake Homophobic Assault - Man Won't Be Charged

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:52 pm

12th March 2014

I'm not surprised this drunken clown believed he had been assaulted, when faced with militant homosexuals who spout their evil on a daily basis.

A drama student who became an internet sensation after claiming he was savagely beaten up for being gay has admitted he caused his injuries himself when he tripped on the pavement.

Richard Kennedy, 18, from Blackpool, told police he was set upon by a gang of homophobes when he left a gay nightclub in Preston, Lancashire, prompting officers to appeal for information about what they called a 'particularly nasty assault'.

He posted photographs on Facebook of his battered and bleeding face, dislodged teeth, and gaping knee wound, with the caption 'An example [of] why homophobia is wrong and it's disgusting that it's still around in 2014'. The post was shared by more than 182,000 well-wishers.

But today the teenager, who studies Contemporary Theatre and Performance at the University of Central Lancashire, admitted he made it all up.

After being shown CCTV of him tripping and falling, face-first, onto the pavement, Kennedy accepted that the 'utterly inhumane homophobic attack' he had talked about actually never happened.

But police said Kennedy will not face any action for wasting police time as they believed he actually believed he had been assaulted when he spoke to police.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579192/Gay-theatre-student-claimed-beaten-homophobic-thugs-admits-got-injuries-fell-WONT-face-action-wasting-police-time.html#ixzz2vlgMhjS8

Back to top Go down

Fake Homophobic Assault - Man Won't Be Charged Empty Re: Fake Homophobic Assault - Man Won't Be Charged

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Well, I believe he should have been charged - for making this up:

In an interview with his local paper, he said: 'I heard a group of men shouting homophobic abuse at me.

'The next thing I know I was punched in the back of the head. I was violently assaulted - all because of my sexuality.

'I was covered in blood and had my face stamped on, causing my teeth to go into my gums. I might need surgery to amend the damage done. It’s absolutely disgraceful to violently attack someone because of who they are.'

Kennedy went on: 'From all of this, all I want is awareness...I want people to see what can happen if you are as stupid as me to be alone on a night out'.

Inciting heterosexual hatred anybody?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579192/Gay-theatre-student-claimed-beaten-homophobic-thugs-admits-got-injuries-fell-WONT-face-action-wasting-police-time.html#ixzz2vlhNpXEU

Back to top Go down

Fake Homophobic Assault - Man Won't Be Charged Empty Re: Fake Homophobic Assault - Man Won't Be Charged

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:10 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Well, I believe he should have been charged - for making this up:

In an interview with his local paper, he said: 'I heard a group of men shouting homophobic abuse at me.

'The next thing I know I was punched in the back of the head. I was violently assaulted - all because of my sexuality.

'I was covered in blood and had my face stamped on, causing my teeth to go into my gums. I might need surgery to amend the damage done. It’s absolutely disgraceful to violently attack someone because of who they are.'

Kennedy went on: 'From all of this, all I want is awareness...I want people to see what can happen if you are as stupid as me to be alone on a night out'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579192/Gay-theatre-student-claimed-beaten-homophobic-thugs-admits-got-injuries-fell-WONT-face-action-wasting-police-time.html#ixzz2vlhNpXEU
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:10 pm

[quote="Ben_Reilly"]
BigAndy9 wrote:Well, I believe he should have been charged - for making this up:

Seriously? He was obviously looking for attention and sympathy, like everyone else who makes up something like this. "Inciting heterosexual hatred," what a stupid comment!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 pm

So you agree with me Ben - he didn't believe he had been beaten up by homophobes, he was in fact lying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:28 pm

More bollocks from the daily mail...the media group who now claim that cannabis is responsible for 30,000 deaths a year in the UK,,,

Wouldn't have anything to do with the fags that are in the joint?..

Honestly Andy,its embarrassing all the bile that mail spouts...and many if you righties cling to every word do desperately to try to point score. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Joy Division wrote:More bollocks from the daily mail...the media group who now claim that cannabis is responsible for 30,000 deaths a year in the UK,,,

Honestly Andy,its embarrassing all the bile that mail spouts...and many if you righties cling to every word do desperately to try to point  score. Rolling Eyes 

Please point out the bollocks JD.

I've looked and I can't seem to see it in this story, apart from this man's initial account of what happened in order to incite hatred, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Joy Division wrote:More bollocks from the daily mail...the media group who now claim that cannabis is responsible for 30,000 deaths a year in the UK,,,

Honestly Andy,its embarrassing all the bile that mail spouts...and many if you righties cling to every word do desperately to try to point  score. Rolling Eyes 

It isn't bollocks JD to be fair. Various accounts given by this lad described an attack which clearly never happened. It is bloody insulting in my opinion to the many REAL victims of homophobic attacks that this guy has just made out he is a victim when actually he was just too drunk and fell over. It is also not the sort of thing which will shed a good light on gay people in general (though thankfully most wont judge on one stupid boy).

Idiot, he should be charged and fined for wasting time.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Eilzel wrote:

It isn't bollocks JD to be fair. Various accounts given by this lad described an attack which clearly never happened. It is bloody insulting in my opinion to the many REAL victims of homophobic attacks that this guy has just made out he is a victim when actually he was just too drunk and fell over. It is also not the sort of thing which will shed a good light on gay people in general (though thankfully most wont judge on one stupid boy).

Agreed Eli. Unfortunately I should have let somebody else copy and paste this story - Ben and JD have jumped on it and shouted RACIST because it's me.

I'm surprised at the police - they said he had no recollection then we see him with his local Gazette making stories up.

What this does is make genuine attacks suspicious, much the same as fake rapes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:55 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Agreed Eli.  Unfortunately I should have let somebody else copy and paste this story - Ben and JD have jumped on it and shouted RACIST because it's me.

I'm surprised at the police - they said he had no recollection then we see him with his local Gazette making stories up.

Yes I think the police just can't be bothered really Andy; which is wrong, as you say he clearly fabricated stories so the idea he had no recollection is rubbish.

I would hope the police would not start to think any report was suspicious in light of one event, it is a shame that there are people out there who clearly have no idea the effects stunts like this can have.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Agreed Eli.  Unfortunately I should have let somebody else copy and paste this story - Ben and JD have jumped on it and shouted RACIST because it's me.

Yes I think the police just can't be bothered really Andy; which is wrong, as you say he clearly fabricated stories so the idea he had no recollection is rubbish.

I would hope the police would not start to think any report was suspicious in light of one event, it is a shame that there are people out there who clearly have no idea the effects stunts like this can have.

I should hope the police won't, and I'm positive they won't in fact.

It's some members of the general public who may do that - and it's this man's fault!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:38 pm

he should be charged with wasting Police time and resources and inciting hatred...

but it was never going to happen...not in these times of equality...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Exactly Les Fake Homophobic Assault - Man Won't Be Charged Sigh48Personally I can't see the point of spending more resource prosecuting this guy; much bigger fish for the police to fry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:37 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:So you agree with me Ben - he didn't believe he had been beaten up by homophobes, he was in fact lying?

He admitted himself that it was a lie. As far as whether he believed it or not, who can say? I don't think he ever really believed it happened.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Lancashire Constabulary released a statement saying detectives have now established that no offences have been committed – and that Mr Kennedy’s injuries were sustained as a result of a fall.

Detective Inspector Paddy O’Neill said: “We managed to recover some CCTV footage which shows the injured party falling face-first onto the pavement. We have showed him the CCTV and he now accepts his injuries were caused during the fall.

“Having had oversight of the investigation since its inception and taking into account the full circumstances, I accept his report was made in good faith.

“The investigation into this matter is indicative of the lengths we will go to when investigating reports of violent crime in the city. We believe assaults, and hate crime assaults in particular, are under-reported in the city for many reasons.

“Lancashire Constabulary is committed to ensuring that all forms of hate crime are investigated thoroughly; any reports made to the police will be taken seriously. I am conscious that the initial reports into this incident will have been very upsetting for a number of people, and Preston city centre was portrayed in a very negative light. Thankfully, there was no homophobic assault or any other assault on this occasion.”

It’s understood Mr Kennedy had consumed alcohol prior to the incident.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/12/police-blackpool-teen-claimed-homophobic-assault-actually-just-fell/

Just another teen that probably loaded up prior to going out, got totally smashed out of his brain, then couldn't really remember what had happened to him, going by what the police have said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:47 pm

How could he think it actually happened? I think the police have been taken in.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:How could he think it actually happened? I think the police have been taken in.

Haven't you seen the many news reports and documentaries that show how wasted youngsters get these days?

I'm sure the police wouldn't be so stupid, and can do their jobs properly and would be taken in by an eighteen year old  Rolling Eyes 

The CCTV told the story and the camera never lies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:How could he think it actually happened? I think the police have been taken in.

Haven't you seen the many news reports and documentaries that show how wasted youngsters get these days?

I'm sure the police wouldn't be so stupid, and can do their jobs properly and would be taken in by an eighteen year old  Rolling Eyes 

I mean how could he genuinely believe it had happened? He should be fined for wasting police time. I don't get why the police think he genuinely thought he had been attacked. He was quite specific on Facebook.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

I mean how could he genuinely believe it had happened? He should be fined for wasting police time. I don't get why the police think he genuinely thought he had been attacked. He was quite specific on Facebook.

...Because he was so drunk?....Perhaps he had suffered some homophobic abuse earlier, and got a bit confused?

Anyways, the police have carried out their investigation and arrived at the truth.  cheers 

He's probably the laughing stock of Blackpool now on the gay scene, so he probably won't want to show his face for a while!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

...Because he was so drunk?....Perhaps he had suffered some homophobic abuse earlier, and got a bit confused?

Anyways, the police have carried out their investigation and arrived at the truth.  cheers 

He's probably the laughing stock of Blackpool now on the gay scene, so he probably won't want to show his face for a while!  lol! 

Making up stories because one is drunk isn't usually a good excuse.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

Making up stories because one is drunk isn't usually a good excuse.

The police have said that they accept that he made the report in good faith, so i think that they share the same view that i have, that he actually thought that he had been attacked.

I'm sure that he won't be getting any action in Blackpool for a while, not good, when you are eighteen i'm sure!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:19 pm

...Actually, having visited some of the bars and clubs in Blackpool myself, it is quite close nit....And after this, he's probably been barred from every single one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:47 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

No Andy,MIT just the fact you constantly highlight stuff about foreigners , gays, people on benefits etc..come off it Andy, you know you do it.

That is what happens when you constantly target certain groups Andy, the cry wolf expired a long time ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down