NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Acceptable' racism...

+4
harvesmom
veya_victaous
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Acceptable' racism... Empty 'Acceptable' racism...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Ive watched over a few forums lately and notice more and more some who swear they are not racist, but are only concerned with immigration numbers for the sake of jobs , housing , medical etc...which I can quite understand, and some will even say...'oh I don't bother about their skin colour'...where that couldn't be further from the truth.

To wish to stop others from other nationalities (some of who bring great skills to this country) as well as to wish to kick other out of Britain is racist.

It's just become far too ridiculous for some who hide behind this mask of racism while propping up racist political parties whose MAIN agenda is to pander to other racists who wish them deported and refused further entry to here.

These few posters act like silly bairns kicking and screaming  and highlighting crimes committed by Muslims, blacks and Eastern Europeans...

Don't you realise what a stupid hate filled and spiteful little nation we look like?

It seems the word ' Racist' means different things to different people...

It is what it is and you(s) are what you are...

I'm not trying to have personal digs, but the few know who they are too.

I'm ashamed to share our lovely wee country with such people.Sad

Amd it's a real shame as some of these posters are otherwise alright indeed.

Back to top Go down

'Acceptable' racism... Empty Re: 'Acceptable' racism...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Great subject JD.

Would most people who say I'm worried about jobs and immigration also be including the Eastern Europeans?

I expect they are, and most Eastern Europeans are white, are they not?

Also, do you think countries such as Australia are racist? They have the strict borders and visa's that most Conservative and UKIP voters want to have here.

Do you think those strict rules that Australia have are too much?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Plus - you don't share your country with too many people worried about immigration - you're in Scotland, and the Scottish don't have the same problems as England.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:08 pm

The Americans are quite strict about British people going to the US to work, so are they racist?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The Americans are quite strict about British people going to the US to work, so are they racist?

Only the English are racist on this subject, it would appear.

Every other European country enforces the control of immigration, asylum, overstayers very, very strongly.

As I've said before, the ones who practically gloat about English whites struggling are immigrants or live in Scotland and Wales.

D'you know what - if I lived in the middle of nowhere in a cottage surrounded by fields I don't think I'd give a sh1t either, but I don't and neither do my family and friends - we all see it first hand, and it isn't nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:13 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Great subject JD.

Would most people who say I'm worried about jobs and immigration also be including the Eastern Europeans?

Also, do you think countries such as Australia are racist?  They have the strict borders and visa's that most Conservative and UKIP voters want to have here.

Andy I think Australia have it right!!!!!!!!!Smile

I think it doesn't matter who well a country's borders are managed, some will always see it as racist, but Andy, you must admit...to want to throw people put of Britain and just the whole way some in the UK behave towards the said category of people is not good.

Others in other countries must get a terrible vision of Britain when they know want UKIP, BNP and EDL are all about.

I think skilled medical staff should always be able to enter Britain without savings if they are about to ply their skills here...
And obviously I think unemployed folk wishing to live here should not be allowed if they have no means of supporting themselves.
I think people, wishing to move here who have jobs etc, should be made to have savings ....

Only extreme circumstances where due to orphans being created etc, should others be allowed here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Also, do you think countries such as Australia are racist?  They have the strict borders and visa's that most Conservative and UKIP voters want to have here.

I think it doesn't matter who well a country's borders are managed, some will always see it as racist, but Andy, you must admit...to want to throw people put of Britain and just  the whole way some in the UK behave towards the said category of people is not good.

Others in other countries must get a terrible vision of Britain when they know want UKIP, BNP and  EDL are all about.

I think skilled medical staff should always be able to enter Britain without savings if they are about to ply their skills here...
And obviously I think unemployed folk wishing to live  here should not be allowed if they have no means of supporting themselves.
I think people, wishing to move here who have jobs etc, should be made to have savings ....

Only extreme circumstances where due to orphans being created etc, should others be allowed here.

I know, you know and everybody else knows that UKIP and the BNP had EXACTLY the same policy as Labour - search for overstayers and deport them.

On immigration UKIP want similar rules as Australia.

So, go on JD, try not to twist anything - what exactly is racist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:24 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I think it doesn't matter who well a country's borders are managed, some will always see it as racist, but Andy, you must admit...to want to throw people put of Britain and just  the whole way some in the UK behave towards the said category of people is not good.

Others in other countries must get a terrible vision of Britain when they know want UKIP, BNP and  EDL are all about.

And obviously I think unemployed folk wishing to live  here should not be allowed if they have no means of supporting themselves.

I know, you know and everybody else knows that UKIP and the BNP had EXACTLY the same policy as Labour - search for overstayers and deport them.

On immigration UKIP want similar rules as Australia.

So, go on JD, try not to twist anything - what exactly is racist?

Well Andy, that word description keep changing so dramatically, I was hoping you would tell me,mor you could even look up wiki to gets its meaning.

Some people are racist but by diverting and changing that term itself to suit themselves.

What I can tell you for sure is there are definitely a number of posters who do not like black people because they are black, Muslim because they are Muslim , and EE because they are EE....

It's bigoted, spite, hate filled and biased toward other nationalities....that is the big problem we now have sadly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:31 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The Americans are quite strict about British people going to the US to work, so are they racist?

Only the English are racist on this subject, it would appear.

Every other European country enforces the control of immigration, asylum, overstayers very, very strongly.

As I've said before, the ones who practically gloat about English whites struggling are immigrants or live in Scotland and Wales.

D'you know what - if I lived in the middle of nowhere in a cottage surrounded by fields I don't think I'd give a sh1t either, but I don't and neither do my family and friends - we all see it first hand, and it isn't nice.

In other countries it's called preserving their culture or heritage, and in England it's called racism.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Nah, I think that is nationalist.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:03 am

to be fair those rules apply to everything including Fruit, and travelling interstate

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:31 am

If racist means I don’t want to sit back while our future generation have Christmas cancelled, Easter eggs taken off them, help the heros wristbands removed at school, girls segregated from boys in classrooms and treated like second class citizens, then yes I’m racist.

If racist means I don’t want to have paid taxes all my life to have some Romanian come here, who is disabled, has no legs and gets around on a skateboard, claiming disability benefit and having a house then I’m racist.

If racist means I would like to see a doctor who has been trained in the UK, I can understand what he is saying to me and he is fully aware of new technology/equipment then yes I’m racist.

And if racist means I don’t understand why people think this country is seen as being racist and are ashamed to live here, when there are people hanging onto the undersides of lorries for hundreds of miles just to get here then yes I’m racist.

And if racist means I think every last illegal immigrant should be rounded up and sent back home, then yes I’m racist.

If people have something to put into this Country before they start taking out, I don’t care if they are yellow with pink spots. And if people are willing to come here and abide by our laws, our traditions, then that’s fine too.  If not, theres always a plane home isn’t there.

Does that help you JD?  So am I racist?
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:48 am

harvesmom wrote:If racist means I don’t want to sit back while our future generation have Christmas cancelled, Easter eggs taken off them, help the heros wristbands removed at school, girls segregated from boys in classrooms and treated like second class citizens, then yes I’m racist.

If racist means I don’t want to have paid taxes all my life to have some Romanian come here, who is disabled, has no legs and gets around on a skateboard, claiming disability benefit and having a house then I’m racist.

If racist means I would like to see a doctor who has been trained in the UK, I can understand what he is saying to me and he is fully aware of new technology/equipment then yes I’m racist.

And if racist means I don’t understand why people think this country is seen as being racist and are ashamed to live here, when there are people hanging onto the undersides of lorries for hundreds of miles just to get here then yes I’m racist.

And if racist means I think every last illegal immigrant should be rounded up and sent back home, then yes I’m racist.

If people have something to put into this Country before they start taking out, I don’t care if they are yellow with pink spots. And if people are willing to come here and abide by our laws, our traditions, then that’s fine too.  If not, theres always a plane home isn’t there.

I agree with some of your points HM , I've  always said folk who can respect out laws and live by our ways and can contribute to society are more than welcome here HM, I think some immigrants who commit serious crimes should be deported from here and that is beginning to happen now.

But who is going to cancel Christmas and take Easter eggs away from them HM..and who by?

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:55 am

Joy Division wrote:
harvesmom wrote:If racist means I don’t want to sit back while our future generation have Christmas cancelled, Easter eggs taken off them, help the heros wristbands removed at school, girls segregated from boys in classrooms and treated like second class citizens, then yes I’m racist.

I agree with some of your points HM , I've  always said folk who can respect out laws and live by our ways and can contribute to society are more than welcome here HM, I think some immigrants who commit serious crimes should be deported from here and that is beginning to happen now.

But who is going to cancel Christmas and take Easter eggs away from them HM..and who by?

Its more recently been in my local press as part of the Trojan horse operation JD, but its not new, nativity plays have been cancelled in schools, carols can't be sung, and as I said the latest is that children had Easter eggs confiscated. That is NOT just a rumour, I know people who have children at the schools that are being investigated.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:59 am

harvesmom wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Its more recently been in my local press as part of the Trojan horse operation JD, but its not new, nativity plays have been cancelled in schools, carols can't be sung, and as I said the latest is that children had Easter eggs confiscated. That is NOT just a rumour, I know people who have children at the schools that are being investigated.

WTF! What a Face 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:01 am

A yeah, just had quick look at BBC website HM,mi think it's maybe too early into the investigation to be sure, but whatever may be going in is not good and very wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:07 am

Joy Division wrote:A yeah, just had quick look at BBC website HM,mi think it's maybe too early into the investigation to be sure, but whatever may be going in is not good and very wrong.

There's loads of links JD, as I said I take what is reported in the press with a pinch of salt, but Edds, Nems and David can tell you I deal with parents quite a lot in my business, and I am in the area so I know first hand what is happening. Whatever the 'investigation' says.

I have no reason to lie, I don't have any children. If I did I would be up there chaining myself to railings by now!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:50 am

is it racism if you make fun of everyone?
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:38 am

harvesmom wrote:
Joy Division wrote:A yeah, just had quick look at BBC website HM,mi think it's maybe too early into the investigation to be sure, but whatever may be going in is not good and very wrong.

There's loads of links JD, as I said I take what is reported in the press with a pinch of salt, but Edds, Nems and David can tell you I deal with parents quite a lot in my business, and I am in the area so I know first hand what is happening. Whatever the 'investigation' says.

I have no reason to lie, I don't have any children. If I did I would be up there chaining myself to railings by now!

Seriously that doesn't happen.
From Australia Where we are a decade or 2 ahead of the UK regarding Multiculturalism
New Census data has revealed that almost a quarter (24.6 per cent) of Australia's population was born overseas and 43.1 per cent of people have at least one overseas-born parent.

From Uk
That means about one in eight - 13% - of residents were born outside the UK.
The most common birthplaces outside the UK for residents are India, Poland and Pakistan. The number of ethnic white British people is down to 80%.

So if your 7 versus 1 and 4 versus 1 isn't capable of maintain Christmas.... You Suck  Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Cause we got a great big multicultural Christmas with all the food and presents and Santa you can handle  tongue tongue tongue tongue 
and we did with 3 versus 1 and 9 versus 11 (almost 1 versus 1)  pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat 

Acceptable Racism should include Deriding the English for there Inefficiency, cultural weakness and cowardly attitude.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:23 am

Borrocks to the investigation JD - as Harvesmum said - it's been going on for years whether there is a letter or not - millions of people have been telling the authorities for 20 years now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:36 am

BigAndy9 wrote:

Borrocks to the investigation JD - as Harvesmum said - it's been going on for years whether there is a letter or not - millions of people have been telling the authorities for 20 years now!

From reading Harvesmum's answers she is a very prejudiced xenophobe, though not racist.
She uses extreme examples to claim she does not want things happen in this country, to the fact these are nothing more than extreme example and not the norm. I am sure this country like any other would like to know if someone is going to come here and take the piss, be criminal, extreme etc, but it is not that simple and in fact extremists can be British born, so where she intend to send these Brits for example?

I find her views appalling actually, they are based upon fear, fueled by prejudice using guilt by association.
Now we all would like everything to be prefect, but what about the millions of foreigners, who work hard, pay their way, add to the nation and are very much proud to be part of this nation? 
Sorry she has allowed fear to now control her views and when that happens it only leads to hate and discrimination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:44 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

From reading Harvesmum's answers she is a very prejudiced xenophobe, though not racist.
She uses extreme examples to claim she does not want things happen in this country, to the fact these are nothing more than extreme example and not the norm. I am sure this country like any other would like to know if someone is going to come here and take the piss, be criminal, extreme etc, but it is not that simple and in fact extremists can be British born, so where she intend to send these Brits for example?

I find her views appalling actually, they are based upon fear, fueled by prejudice using guilt by association.
Now we all would like everything to be prefect, but what about the millions of foreigners, who work hard, pay their way, add to the nation and are very much proud to be part of this nation? 
Sorry she has allowed fear to now control her views and when that happens it only leads to hate and discrimination.

As I pointed out to you before didge - in a court of law they will ask how you felt - "did you feel your life was in danger? Did you feel afraid?"

Which is the best report on crime? The one which asks the public how they feel about crime. "Do you feel afraid to go out in the dark?"

And if 10 million adults vote for UKIP based upon fear - are they all wrong, or if that fear is true, are they all right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:52 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

As I pointed out to you before didge - in a court of law they will ask how you felt - "did you feel your life was in danger?  Did you feel afraid?"

Which is the best report on crime?  The one which asks the public how they feel about crime.  "Do you feel afraid to go out in the dark?"

And if 10 million adults vote for UKIP based upon fear - are they all wrong, or if that fear is true, are they all right?

Yes very much wrong because they are led by fear and not common sense, if you think fear makes a person see clearly, you are very much mistaken Andy, because fear clouds any sense and leads to people becoming prejudice leading to hate and also in some cases violence.
Fear is fueled by hate and prejudice, something you fail to understand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:57 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

As I pointed out to you before didge - in a court of law they will ask how you felt - "did you feel your life was in danger?  Did you feel afraid?"

Which is the best report on crime?  The one which asks the public how they feel about crime.  "Do you feel afraid to go out in the dark?"

Yes very much wrong because they are led by fear and not common sense, if you think fear makes a person see clearly, you are very much mistaken Andy, because fear clouds any sense and leads to people becoming prejudice leading to hate and also in some cases violence.

True - I once saw a man being mauled by 2 lions - he was very prejudiced against lions for the next 10 minutes.

I also remember being with a guy In Iraq who had just been hit by an IED - he told me he hated the people who had put the IED there - both of these examples were driven by fear.

So yes, you must be right - we're all afraid of what's going on, but maybe we should take a step back, have a giggle and let it continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:00 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

True - I once saw a man being mauled by 2 lions - he was very prejudiced against lions for the next 10 minutes.

I also remember being with a guy In Iraq who had just been hit by an IED - he told me he hated the people who had put the IED there - both of these examples were driven by fear.

So yes, you must be right - we're all afraid of what's going on, but maybe we should take a step back, have a giggle and let it continue.

Yes Andy, thanks for the idiotic replies, where again you use extreme examples, like war for example., or now lions, please spare me your utter ignorance, as it is embarrassing to read

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Yes Andy, thanks for the idiotic replies, where again you use extreme examples, like war for example., or now lions, please spare me your utter ignorance, as it is embarrassing to read

They were as clear as I could make it for you.

You see real life English examples every day in the news didge, as does everybody else living in England, but you clearly don't understand them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

They were as clear as I could make it for you.

You see real life English examples every day in the news didge, as does everybody else living in England, but you clearly don't understand them.

Yes  in real day life millions of foreign people are working hard and  proud to be here, which seems to be way above your pay grade

Again you use guilt by association to extreme examples, which is what UKIP does, it plays off fear.

Seen it, read and book and watched the movie

Last edited by Didge on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Talking of utter ignorance:

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk/t20217-what-a-wacist#271667

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:06 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why have you posted a link which many cannot access Tess?

DOH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:35 am

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

DOH
My apologies - I presumed most people on here were members of Inaflap. So, it's a photoshot of a complaint lodged by Catman to Forumotion, saying "Dean is a fat fuck, that shags ugly Muslim dogs in Mersin."

Nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:38 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

DOH
My apologies - I presumed most people on here were members of Inaflap.  So, it's a photoshot of a complaint lodged by Catman to Forumotion, saying   "Dean is a fat fuck, that shags ugly Muslim dogs in Mersin."

Nice.

I know Tess, I read it and it shows he gets even worse when pissed, as I read some of the threads here this morning. He is doing as he always has done and he never changes 

Have a good day

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:05 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

'Acceptable' racism... 7-8lon13

'Acceptable' racism... Articl26

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:12 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

DOH
My apologies - I presumed most people on here were members of Inaflap.  So, it's a photoshot of a complaint lodged by Catman to Forumotion, saying   "Dean is a fat fuck, that shags ugly Muslim dogs in Mersin."

Nice.

He sent that to Forumotion, or he sent it to the admin - ie Dean?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:22 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Smelly most people will have nothing but hatred for these killers for the terrible acts of violence and killing, but if we refer to them as a reason to dislike all Muslims then it makes us as bad as them chief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am

Joy Division wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Smelly most people will have nothing but hatred for these killers for the terrible acts of violence and killing, but if we refer to them as a reason to dislike all Muslims then it makes us as bad as them chief.

you have such a simple black and white view of things don't you??

and its that view that will lead us to see more of the same in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 am

Many terrorist acts near you JD, didge?

Or as I suspect, do you live in blissful ignorance?

Try thinking of the millions in fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:33 am

I think people in London might be more afraid than those in the sticks. When I lived there the IRA blew up Canary Wharf, and I heard it. We all came out of our houses to ask what had happened. It does affect you to an extent. Later on, I was afraid to go on the Underground for a while and I got buses instead - very inconvenient so I had a word with myself. Of course it was others who blew up the Underground in the end, and I had left London by then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:40 am

BigAndy9 wrote:Many terrorist acts near you JD, didge?

thats exactly it

the left are ignorant of the reality and therefore simply dont care about those involved

didge and JD give it big licks i guarantee that if they had to be involved in a Muslim terror attack their perspective would change

but because they live in some nice white part of the country they are completely isolated from any experience of real multicultural enrichment

they will think its wonderful right up t the point where they have to experience it

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

From Australia Where we are a decade or 2 ahead of the UK regarding Multiculturalism
New Census data has revealed that almost a quarter (24.6 per cent) of Australia's population was born overseas and 43.1 per cent of people have at least one overseas-born parent.

From Uk
That means about one in eight - 13% - of residents were born outside the UK.
The most common birthplaces outside the UK for residents are India, Poland and Pakistan. The number of ethnic white British people is down to 80%.

So if your 7 versus 1 and 4 versus 1 isn't capable of maintain Christmas.... You Suck   Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Cause we got a great big multicultural Christmas with all the food and presents and Santa you can handle  tongue tongue tongue tongue 
and we did with 3 versus 1 and 9 versus 11 (almost 1 versus 1)  pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat 

Acceptable Racism should include Deriding the English for there Inefficiency, cultural weakness and cowardly attitude.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

cheers  I'm coming to live in Australia cheers cheers 

I'm assuming I can turn up without a penny to my name, no qualifcations and they'll give me a house and some money each week  bounce 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:46 am

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 am

harvesmom wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

From Uk

So if your 7 versus 1 and 4 versus 1 isn't capable of maintain Christmas.... You Suck   Razz Razz Razz Razz 

cheers  I'm coming to live in Australia cheers cheers 

I'm assuming I can turn up without a penny to my name, no qualifcations and they'll give me a house and some money each week  bounce 

I thought of trying that when I went to New Zealand. However, they said NO.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:50 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I think people in London might be more afraid than those in the sticks. When I lived there the IRA blew up Canary Wharf, and I heard it. We all came out of our houses to ask what had happened.  It does affect you to an extent. Later on, I was afraid to go on the Underground for a while and I got buses instead - very inconvenient so I had a word with myself. Of course it was others who blew up the Underground in the end, and I had left London by then.

That's actually true, I was in an ice skating rink in Birmingham with my Mum and Sister when the Birmingham pub bombings happened, we were all evacuated very quickly but its stuck in my mind, everyone was terrified.

If there is any sort of unrest now I wont go into crowded places, large shopping centres etc.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:52 am

Same here - and in them days you usually got warnings.

Not with this lot - this lot want the worst possible scene on the front pages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:56 am

Andy, what about the terrorist attack on Glasgow airport?

I know what you and smelly are saying, but obviously London will be a target being the largest UK city and with a parliament there and Royals etc...

But anywhere can be a target, any big City can...not just London, a terrorist usually wants to take out as many as they can in one go.

It's fucking not me and Didge's fault we don't live in London ffs!!

How do you think New Yorkers and Washington people feel???????....

And Smelly ,what is the point in making things worse by showing signs of hatred by letting the EDL march about?

Of course people have strong feelings, especially after Lee Rigby, but to take to the streets with such hostility telling all Muslims to go home will only escalate matters man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Joy Division wrote:

I know what you and smelly are saying, but obviously London will be a target being the largest UK city and with a parliament there and Royals etc...

But anywhere can be a target, any big City can...not just London, a terrorist usually wants to take out as many as they can in one go.

And Smelly ,what is the point in making things worse by showing signs of hatred by letting the EDL march about?

Of course people have strong feelings, especially after Lee Rigby, but to take to the streets with such hostility telling all Muslims to go home will only escalate matters man.

You're right, and that's my point - I fully understand that people living in the country, living in Scotland and Wales won't be affected - but, they should try to understand the millions of others who are affected DAILY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Of course it can happen anywhere, but people don't believe that do they? They don't believe that terrorists would target a small town, for example, but they do believe they will target London more than anywhere else.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:28 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

You're right, and that's my point - I fully understand that people living in the country, living in Scotland and Wales won't be affected - but, they should try to understand the millions of others who are affected DAILY.

But you don't know that for sure Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Of course it can happen anywhere, but people don't believe that do they? They don't believe that terrorists would target a small town, for example, but they do believe they will target London more than anywhere else.  

Yes London will always be seen as a target Rags, but someone just mentioned Birmingham earlier....there, the UK's second largest City, then Glasgow ..and we've tasted a bit there...

Im sure folk in other large cities around the UK do understand they can be a target.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes London will always be seen as a target Rags, but someone just mentioned Birmingham earlier....there, the UK's second largest City, then Glasgow ..and we've tasted a bit there...

Im sure folk in other large cities around the UK do understand they can be a target.

But then I doubt the people of Lockerbie ever thought they would be affected by terrorism. It really can happen anywhere.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:40 pm

harvesmom wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

But then I doubt the people of Lockerbie ever thought they would be affected by terrorism. It really can happen anywhere.

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next