NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillsborough memorial; Another snivelling Tory apology

2 posters

Go down

Hillsborough memorial; Another snivelling Tory apology Empty Hillsborough memorial; Another snivelling Tory apology

Post by Irn Bru Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 pm

While the whole of Liverpool and many of the people in this country and abroad were remembering the Hillsborough tragedy, Merseyside MP Esther McVey, was just too busy tweeting that Labour can't be trusted to notice what was going on.
Well she should have tuned in to see Labour MP Andy Burnham receive a standing ovation from the crowd assembled at Anfield for the work that he has done to further the cause and get justice for the 96.
I hope her constituents remember her for this and boot her out of office at the next general election.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-27046753

Last edited by Irn Bru on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Hillsborough memorial; Another snivelling Tory apology Empty Re: Hillsborough memorial; Another snivelling Tory apology

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 pm

And it looks she was so busy trying to score cheap points with the usual me me me attitude, whilst as you say Andy Burnham was showing his respects and after the relentless efforts he helped make to bring this inquiry as far as it came, so busy in fact she herself , being a Merseysider could not bring herself to attend amongst victims relatives etc...

What a nasty person, she be as well going during a silence and shouting during the silence and disrupting it.

Back to top Go down

Hillsborough memorial; Another snivelling Tory apology Empty Re: Hillsborough memorial; Another snivelling Tory apology

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Andy Burnham got a very different reception to the one he got 5 years ago

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/watch-man-whose-heckle-sparked-6998085

Interview with the man who started it 5 years ago.

Esther McVey will learn the Scousers forget nothing.

And Russell Brand has sued the Sun and contacted the HJC to say he wants to donate.
Another reason to love the bones of him!
 cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:45 pm

I think its about time this was left alone...

I just wish people could move on for their own good...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:I think its about time this was left alone...

I just wish people could move on for their own good...
Why now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 pm

what is it now 25 years of trying to find out how it happened and why, it was a tragic accident, they happen and i feel sorry for the loss any family had but sooner or later a line has to be drawn under it, hopefully lessons were learned and something came out of it but inquest after inquest does not allow people to move on...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:what is it now 25 years of trying to find out how it happened and why, it was a tragic accident, they happen and i feel sorry for the loss any family had but sooner or later a line has to be drawn under it, hopefully lessons were learned and something came out of it but inquest after inquest does not allow people to move on...

Inquest after Inquest?!????!
You utter, utter moron.
May your God forgive you
 :aspukeas: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:19 pm

we have a friend who lost their son to what is seemingly a terrible suicide, she is convinced it was something else.. she has pushed and pushed every inquiry, they all find the same answer, over ten years later she still hasn't accepted her loss or moved on..

It has made her bitter and twisted..a sad thing to lose life a very sad thing to add to the loss..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:55 pm

Hillsborough was not just a tragic accident - it was due to avoidable human failure that those responsible for it not only refused to apologise for it but broke the law trying to cover it up.

Try imagining your friend finding out their child did was alive and dying without medical assistance 45 minutes after their official time of death.

The people of Merseyside are not bitter and twisted - go meet them and you will find they are anything but.  Being righteously angry about having solid evidence brushed off time and time again is not bitter and twisted.  They have moved on with their lives they simply will not forget those who died and will continue to seek the justice they have clearly been denied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:10 pm

righteously angry for 25 years is not a healthy place to be...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:righteously angry for 25 years is not a healthy place to be...

If your friends loved one had not been a suicide but was being covered up as one and you knew that as a fact what would you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 pm

sphinx wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:righteously angry for 25 years is not a healthy place to be...

If your friends loved one had not been a suicide but was being covered up as one and you knew that as a fact what would you do?

she did think that and she pursued it on and on and on, she is still no further just a lot more frustrated and angry...

even with training, though training for such a disaster is difficult to say the least, people panic and mess up, the cover ups are wrong obviously but that's what you do for mates when you don't realise what harm it could do or what would come out later, life was tragically lost but flogging every person their at the time will not bring them back..

I don't want to sound heartless but for their own good they need to bury it and move on...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
sphinx wrote:

she did think that and she pursued it on and on and on, she is still no further just a lot more frustrated and angry...

even with training, though training for such a disaster is difficult to say the least, people panic and mess up, the cover ups are wrong obviously but that's what you do for mates when you don't realise what harm it could do or what would come out later, life was tragically lost but flogging every person their at the time will not bring them back..

I don't want to sound heartless but for their own good they need to bury it and move on...

I did not say think it I said know it for a fact.

The training etc had fuck all to do with it - and it was not people panicking that caused the tragedy it was the decision by the police to open gates and cram people into an already full section - panic did not start until people were being crushed to death.

Now if the police had stood up 25 years ago and admitting they screwed up and apologized then the families would not still be campaigning now would they?
The reason this has gone on for 25 years is the police decided it would lie and make out the crowd were drunk, violent and law breaking, that they would destroy the evidence showing they cocked up repeatedly, that they would declare times of death for people who still lay dying, that they would lie and smear the families of children killed by their ineptitude.

They are not trying to con themselves there was injustice to make themselves feel better - they are fighting for genuine injustice against both those who were killed and their relatives who survived them and many of whom are still alive today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 pm

sphinx wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

I did not say think it I said know it for a fact.

The training etc had fuck all to do with it - and it was not people panicking that caused the tragedy it was the decision by the police to open gates and cram people into an already full section - panic did not start until people were being crushed to death.

Now if the police had stood up 25 years ago and admitting they screwed up and apologized then the families would not still be campaigning now would they?
The reason this has gone on for 25 years is the police decided it would lie and make out the crowd were drunk, violent and law breaking, that they would destroy the evidence showing they cocked up repeatedly, that they would declare times of death for people who still lay dying, that they would lie and smear the families of children killed by their ineptitude.

They are not trying to con themselves there was injustice to make themselves feel better - they are fighting for genuine injustice against both those who were killed and their relatives who survived them and many of whom are still alive today.

even if the police did admit their mistake they still would have gone on and on about it, the police must have thought they had reason to cram them in, they didn't do it too just kill people did they, so a mistake occurred a horrible and tragic mistake...

but the people need to move on for their own good...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:40 pm

I don't get how the people who were coming in kept moving forward when there was nowhere to move to without crushing others.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Anyway, it's not just people from Liverpool who were affected - there were some from Sheffield too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Those at the back being directed through the gates by the police did not know about the crush at the front - by the time they felt the crush themselves it was too late for them to turn back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 pm

sphinx wrote:Those at the back being directed through the gates by the police did not know about the crush at the front - by the time they felt the crush themselves it was too late for them to turn back.

Well they'd know pretty soon surely. There was a large crowd outside for some reason, so maybe they should have been told to go away, but the police couldn't really have foreseen what would happen tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sphinx wrote:Those at the back being directed through the gates by the police did not know about the crush at the front - by the time they felt the crush themselves it was too late for them to turn back.

Well they'd know pretty soon surely. There was a large crowd outside for some reason, so maybe they should have been told to go away, but the police couldn't really have foreseen what would happen tbh.

Have you ever been on the terraces?

I doubt you have from your answers when it is rammed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down