NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie

4 posters

Go down

Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie  Empty Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:06 pm

The police officer in charge during the Hillsborough disaster has admitted a "terrible" lie in the aftermath of the match by not telling officials he had authorised the opening of a side gate.

Former chief superintendent David Duckenfield, speaking at the inquest into the deaths, said he was "deeply ashamed and embarrassed".

It was a decision that led to a crush in pens three and four of the Leppings Lane stand and resulted in the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans.

Mr Duckenfield turned to the families of the victims from the witness box and said: "I deeply regret what happened on the day, it was a major mistake on my part.

"I have no excuses. I apologise unreservedly to the families and I hope they believe it is a very very sincere apology."

He added: "No one can understand my behaviour on that day, least of all me."

http://news.sky.com/story/1442930/hillsborough-chief-admits-terrible-lie

Back to top Go down

Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie  Empty Re: Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie

Post by Cass Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:20 pm

he has blood on his hands.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie  Empty Re: Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:21 pm

The wheels of justice grind slow but grind exceeding fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Nems wrote:The wheels of justice grind slow but grind exceeding fine

perhaps the families can finally get some answers after all these years. nothing can bring back their loved ones but knowing the hows and whys they can have some sort of peace.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 pm

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:The wheels of justice grind slow but grind exceeding fine

perhaps the families can finally get some answers after all these years. nothing can bring back their loved ones but knowing the hows and whys they can have some sort of peace.

Lets hope so. Im glad Duckenfield finally told the truth
The one I would jail for life is Bettison Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie  3018442852

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:

The one I would jail for life is Bettison Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie  3018442852

yup. gotta go luv....way behind book order due today. catch y'all later xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:

yup. gotta go luv....way behind book order due today. catch y'all later xx

xx

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Why did he lie in the first place???? I don't get it!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Shame it took him 26 years to own up that he lied. Had he admitted it right at the start people may well have understood that in the heat of the moment and the crush at the gate that he thought it was the right thing to do but it was a huge mistake to make.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:52 am

eddie wrote:Why did he lie in the first place???? I don't get it!

because he's a cop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Thought you might like to see the disgusting letter that Sir Bernard Ingham (Thatcher's right hand man) to a gentlement who wrote to him complaining about the police at Hillsborough:

Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie  B__DZICWAAEm8FC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:18 pm

eddie wrote:Why did he lie in the first place???? I don't get it!

He lied because he knew the error was his, he panicked, understandable I think.
What is unforgiveable is the cover up that began on the day of the disaster when CCTV tapes were taken.
Even before the bodies had be taken from the Gym the cover up was under way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:19 pm

risingsun wrote:Thought you might like to see the disgusting letter that Sir Bernard Ingham (Thatcher's right hand man) to a gentlement who wrote to him complaining about the police at Hillsborough:

Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie  B__DZICWAAEm8FC

Where is this from?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Did anyone ever see on tv the crowds outside the Stadium who were trying to get in the back door? there were fans who were in serious danger of being crushed against that door. To prevent this the order to open that gate was given. In the event, it should not have been opened as the crowd rushed in and forced those in front against the barriers.It is easy to be wise after the event.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:31 pm

nicko wrote:Did anyone ever see on tv the crowds outside the Stadium who were trying to get in the back door?   there were fans who were in serious danger of being crushed against that door.   To prevent this the order to open that gate was given. In the event,  it should not have been opened as the crowd rushed in and forced those in front against the barriers.It is easy to be wise after the event.

They werent trying to get in the backdoor. The turnstiles at the Leppings Lane end could not cope with the volume of fans. Lack of checkpoints and ticket checking en route to the stadium meant a crush was inevitable. The kick off should have been delayed and a tannoy message put out. Duckenfield ordered the gate opening because he knew someone would die outside but he gave no thought to where all these fans were going to go once inside the stadium.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:24 pm

I remember watching this as it happened... My brother was watching he match (I am remembering it right yes? It was live? Thought maybe my memory was only recalling the TV footage??)
Anyway, it was horrific and was one of those things I remember thinking "how the hell did that happen?"
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:27 pm

eddie wrote:I remember watching this as it happened... My brother was watching he match (I am remembering it right yes? It was live? Thought maybe my memory was only recalling the TV footage??)
Anyway, it was horrific and was one of those things I remember thinking "how the hell did that happen?"

You remember right Edds
It was live on BBC1

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:I remember watching this as it happened... My brother was watching he match (I am remembering it right yes? It was live? Thought maybe my memory was only recalling the TV footage??)

You remember right Edds
It was live on BBC1

Horrific.
I read the story of the mother who lost both her daughters at that match. They were only about 18 and 15 or so.
A real u preventable tragedy.

How did that guy manage to sleep or look himself in the mirror all these years?
I wouldn't be able to not tell the truth!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

You remember right Edds
It was live on BBC1

Horrific.
I read the story of the mother who lost both her daughters at that match. They were only about 18 and 15 or so.
A real u preventable tragedy.

How did that guy manage to sleep or look himself in the mirror all these years?
I wouldn't be able to not tell the truth!

He told the original lie, but the cover up was huge.
Look at Bettison? He still refuses to accept he is in the wrong, and even after what he did they made that bastard Chief Constable of Merseyside Hillsborough Chief Admits 'Terrible' Lie  3018442852

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:35 pm

It's inexcusable.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down