NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain's Aid Spending The Highest In Europe (By A Long Way)

Go down

Britain's Aid Spending The Highest In Europe (By A Long Way) Empty Britain's Aid Spending The Highest In Europe (By A Long Way)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:16 pm

14th April 2014

Britain's Aid Spending The Highest In Europe (By A Long Way) 2215010

Britain hiked its aid spending by more than any other country in Europe last year, figures show.

Foreign aid soared by 28 per cent last year, meaning the UK hit its target of spending 0.7 per cent of GDP on overseas development.

It left Britain with the second most generous aid budget in the world, outstripped only by the United States, and it came as a series of developed nations cut back on their aid spending.

The figures will reignite concerns among Tory MPs that the aid budget is ill-directed and has ballooned at the expense of other Whitehall departments.

Britain spent £10.6 billion on official development assistance in 2013, up from £8.3 billion in 2012, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development – a hike of 27.8 per cent.

It leaves Britain’s aid budget second only to the United States, which spent £18.9 billion on aid, with an increase of only 1.3 per cent on the previous year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10765543/Britains-aid-spending-the-highest-in-Europe.html

Back to top Go down

Britain's Aid Spending The Highest In Europe (By A Long Way) Empty Re: Britain's Aid Spending The Highest In Europe (By A Long Way)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Britain hit David Cameron’s target of spending 0.7 per cent of GDP on aid for the first time and is the only major power to do so, joining the Nordic states of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

By contrast the US spent 0.19 per cent, Spain 0.16 per cent, Germany 0.38 per cent, France 0.41 per cent and Russia 0.03 per cent.

Meanwhile, Australia, Canadia, France, the Netherlands and Portugal cut their aid spending, in the latter’s case by 20 per cent.

Back to top Go down

Britain's Aid Spending The Highest In Europe (By A Long Way) Empty Re: Britain's Aid Spending The Highest In Europe (By A Long Way)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:08 am

For Tess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 am

Great am glad to see again how we are trying to help so many humans in need of help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:14 am

Didge wrote:Great am glad to see again how we are trying to help so many humans in need of help.

Agreed didge.

But why no comment about the other countries?

I personally am very disappointed about those figures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:18 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:Great am glad to see again how we are trying to help so many humans in need of help.

Agreed didge.

It is disappointing with other countries and hence why I am even more proud to be British

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Agreed didge.

It is disappointing with other countries and hence why I am even more proud to be British

It's nice didge.

But what about the left's point of view - should we be spending so much abroad after stealing it from people here?

Should we be starving English children to feed those in Africa?

It's a tough one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

It's nice didge.

But what about the left's point of view - should we be spending so much abroad after stealing it from people here?

It's a tough one.

I thought there was no such thing as starving children or kids in poverty in the UK according to you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

It's nice didge.

It's a tough one.

Not tough at all as we have already many charities and people helping starving children here, so again I am all for trying to help all in need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:34 am

Nems wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

It's nice didge.

It's a tough one.

I thought there was no such thing as starving children or kids in poverty in the UK according to you?

I said "the left's point of view"

I'm not left wing, allegedly...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:35 am

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

It's nice didge.

It's a tough one.

Not tough at all as we have already many charities and people helping starving children here, so again I am all for trying to help all in need.

Well at least you accept such children exist in the uk, progress at last.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:36 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Nems wrote:

I said "the left's point of view"

I'm not left wing, allegedly...

Who said such a terrible thing to you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 am

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

Never once doubted it, I have always said there are some, unless you can find a post where I stated there was none Nems?

Good hunting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:00 am

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Never once doubted it, I have always said there are some, unless you can find a post where I stated there was none Nems?

Good hunting

Sorry if I misunderstood you Didge x I thought you going on about people not managing money properly and not being able to feed 40 with a carrot meant you thought there was no genuine need.
night xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 am

Some people are crap with their money Nems, not all mind, as I never claimed also none were not starving either.

Night Nems

xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down