NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite make of car...

+3
veya_victaous
harvesmom
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best or fave make of car...

Your favorite make of car... Vote_lcap0%Your favorite make of car... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your favorite make of car... Vote_lcap0%Your favorite make of car... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Your favorite make of car... Vote_lcap13%Your favorite make of car... Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Your favorite make of car... Vote_lcap13%Your favorite make of car... Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Your favorite make of car... Vote_lcap25%Your favorite make of car... Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Your favorite make of car... Vote_lcap38%Your favorite make of car... Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Your favorite make of car... Empty Your favorite make of car...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 pm

...I've done this before elsewhere, and I'm warning everyone  Laughing ....your fave make may not be here as there are only ten options Sad

But the show must go on...

As a Volvo owner for the past 11years or so..having had 3 of them, I swear by them..comfort...oohhhh...reliability, safety, luxury and power.

Now rather than be ridiculous and list makes most folk don't drive daily like Porsche , Lamborghini etc, I'm listing the every day cars most ordinary people drive..amd I say these just from the top of my head,

Here we go( I also have a Vauxhall , but they are shit IMO).

Truth is , every car manufacturer make decent cars now, bit cars like Kia(Korean) are turning out to be better cars than many others, and with 7years warranty, the confidence is there.

Of course you posh people who claim to own high end sports car off the market for most can still list your fave, but if you can still choose your choice from the ten listed.

Cheers guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Your favorite make of car... Empty Re: Your favorite make of car...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:41 pm

you missed porsche's off and jags...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:you missed porsche's off and jags...

See above Favva, most ordinary and honest folk just don't drive em..Jags are quite old mannish Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Btw,the only ford I like is the Tranny van Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:44 pm

I voted for Volkswagon, but most of the vehicles I've owned have actually been Chevrolets. They make a few models that are really durable.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I voted for Volkswagon, but most of the vehicles I've owned have actually been Chevrolets. They make a few models that are really durable.

Yeah they have come to life here now Ben, they took over Daewoo I think Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Gerbs better get over here NOW!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Jap or German/Scandinavian are good.

Dont touch French.

Cant afford repairs on Italian.

Ford have their moments.

Vauxhall/GM you can keep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:54 pm

sphinx wrote:Jap or German/Scandinavian are  good.

Dont touch French.

Ford have their moments.

I think French make bucket proof engines Sphinx, and I should have listed fiat...the wee Punto are absolutely brilliant!

In general I actually agree wiff ya fo!l:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Favva says to me by PM he was still driving his Tampon 50..reliable too he says Smile.....

But gutsy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:you missed porsche's off and jags...

See above Favva, most ordinary and honest folk just don't drive em..Jags are quite old mannish Smile

there have been some nice jags around for quite a while now...

out of your list it would be audi's but not my real fav ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Dont touch French.

Ford have their moments.

I think French make bucket proof engines Sphinx, and I should have listed fiat...the wee Punto are absolutely brilliant!

There are odd frenchies I will consider - but most are a heap of doodoo.

Granted bits to repair fiats are generally cheap its just the sheer number you need to do - for the same money as a second hand fiat you can get a honda or nissan which will just not break.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

But I don't mean every model of Jag looks auld mannish though Favva, the guy a couple of miles has one for sale, but it's around a 3 litre , put me off a it due to fuel costs and as well as being semi rural.

Lovely car though XJ6 I think???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:03 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

There are odd frenchies I will consider - but most are a heap of doodoo.

Granted bits to repair fiats are generally cheap its just the sheer number you need to do - for the same money as a second hand fiat you can get a honda or nissan which will just not break.

Indeed a Sphinx, but you were kind of spot on the first time, many fiats are quite consort for bits and repairs....bar the Punto....mama Mia..great wee car!!

Honda and Nissan..good cars Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Joy Division wrote:

But I don't mean every model of Jag looks auld mannish though Favva, the guy a couple of miles has one for sale, but it's around a 3 litre , put me off a it due to fuel costs and as well as being semi rural.

not very good looking..don't like them...3 litre is not everyones cup of tea, especially if you are looking for fuel economy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Joy Division wrote:...I've done this before elsewhere, and I'm warning everyone  Laughing ....your fave make may not be here as there are only ten options Sad

As a Volvo owner for the  past 11years or so..having had 3 of them, I swear by them..comfort...oohhhh...reliability, safety, luxury and power.

Now rather than be ridiculous and list makes most folk don't drive daily like Porsche , Lamborghini etc, I'm listing the every day cars most ordinary people drive..amd I say these just from the top of my head,

Truth is , every car manufacturer make decent cars now, bit cars like Kia(Korean) are turning out to be better cars than many others, and with 7years warranty, the confidence is there.

Of course you posh people who claim to own high end sports car off the market for most can still list your fave, but if you can still choose your choice from the ten listed.

Cheers guys Smile

I have a Vauxhall and they are shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Joy Division wrote:

not very good looking..don't like them...3 litre is not everyones cup of tea, especially if you are looking for fuel economy...

Too right Favva, Volvo used to be and sometimes still is looked upon as an old mans car, but that depends on the model

Fuel economy on probably near all Jags can't be anything to write home about I suppose ,,lovely leather interiors though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Not all big engines are thirsty if driven properly - the 4.2 v12 (so long as all cylinders firing) could average 30 mpg. A 2.8 audi V6 will happily do 50 to the gallon.

I have often found that small engines are false economy if you do a lot of mixed/rural driving because at 60 they are working harder than the bigger engines to do the same work. OK you can use a lot of fuel in the big engines if you have a heavy foot and drive flat out but if you keep it steady and drive smooth they are better than the smaller cars on runs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Nems wrote:
Joy Division wrote:...I've done this before elsewhere, and I'm warning everyone  Laughing ....your fave make may not be here as there are only ten options Sad

As a Volvo owner for the  past 11years or so..having had 3 of them, I swear by them..comfort...oohhhh...reliability, safety, luxury and power.

Cheers guys Smile

You cant say it clearer than that nems lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Too right Favva, Volvo used to be and sometimes still is looked upon as an old mans car, but that depends on the model

Fuel economy on probably near all Jags can't be anything to write home about I suppose ,,lovely leather interiors though Smile

they always seemed to aim executive but they have thrown out some excellent sporty cars, though no real speed thoroughbreds... not that can touch porsche, ferrari etc..

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Dont touch French.

Ford have their moments.

Ah Fiats, more commonly known as Fix It Again Tomorrows in the trade  Smile 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Nems wrote:

Cheers guys Smile

Tell me about it Nems, made if the cheapest shit plastics and the fuse box for window schoosher blows if you don't have -25 antifreeze in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:12 pm

harvesmom wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

To be fair,mimes are changing, I once had a wee Punto, not a thing went wrong with it in the few years I had it, nippy as hell, good on fuel, extremely reliable...

Far better than rivals like the Corsa ,Clio etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:13 pm

i have always disliked vauxhall, i nearly fell of my chair when top gear said they had never made an ugly car, they are awful, the blooming disastra always made me smile...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:i have always disliked vauxhall, i nearly fell of my chair when top gear said they had never made an ugly car, they are awful, the blooming disastra always made me smile...

I think they were made better before GM took over Favva, but it's a car that has never appealed to me either , we only have a Vauxhall as it sits the six of us in the one place!..a Zafira...

Practical ...but nothing else, not well made cars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:i have always disliked vauxhall, i nearly fell of my chair when top gear said they had never made an ugly car, they are awful, the blooming disastra always made me smile...

I think they were made better before GM took over Favva, but it's a car that has never appealed to me either , we only have a Vauxhall as it sits the six of us in the one place!..a Zafira...

i remember one of my uncles had an old vauxhall, it was huge, you could get a family of four in the boot..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Joy Division wrote:

i remember one of my uncles had an old vauxhall, it was huge, you could get a family of four in the boot..lol

Indeed Favva,nearly models , like many ..were made huge, my dad( I don't speak with him now) has a Vauxhall Velux..bench seats, three in the front and back!!..column change etc.

And as you say the boot is huge..get a family of illegal immigrants fitting in there chief!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Indeed Favva,nearly models , like many ..were made huge, my dad( I don't speak with him now) has a Vauxhall Velux..bench seats, three in the front and back!!..column change etc.

And as you say the boot is huge..get a family of illegal immigrants fitting in there chief!!

I guess petrol and economy wern't so
important then..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Zafira seemed like a good idea - until you actually experience one and find that with everyone in they have no space.

I discovered the Toyota Townace - no bigger outside than the Zafira but inside you could fit 8 and luggage for a weekend. The back seats were as roomy as the back of a focus, and the middle seats you could stretch your legs horizontal - with loads of leg room in the front as well. Middle seats were captains and could swivel to face back seats or converted into a very roomy double bed.

It also had character in spadefuls. My household are all dedicated petrol heads and we chop and change vehicles a lot because of boredom - the Townace is one of the few cars to make the "would have again" list. Unfortunately so many people discovered them the insurance has over doubled on them going out of our budget.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:33 pm

sphinx wrote:
Nems wrote:

lol x
I really want a new one but cant decide what. The man in the garage said I would have to be more specific than a purple one.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Nems wrote:
sphinx wrote:

lol x
I really want a new one but cant decide what. The man in the garage said I would have to be more specific than a purple one.  Rolling Eyes 

lol that's brilliant.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:35 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Zafira seemed like a good idea - until you actually experience one and find that with everyone in they have no space.  

I discovered the Toyota Townace - no bigger outside than the Zafira but inside you could fit 8 and luggage for a weekend.  The back seats were as roomy as the back of a focus, and the middle seats you could stretch your legs horizontal - with loads of leg room in the front as well. Middle seats were captains and could swivel to face back seats or converted into a very roomy double bed.

It also had character in spadefuls.  My household are all dedicated petrol heads and we chop and change vehicles a lot because of boredom - the Townace is one of the few cars to make the "would have again" list.  Unfortunately so many people discovered them the insurance has over doubled on them going out of our budget.

...I once looked briefly at a Toyota Picnic , is that quite similar Sphinx?..your right about Zafira, it's very tight indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Nems wrote:
sphinx wrote:

lol x

You wont beat either Honda or Nissan - both reliable, while being fun and pleasant to drive, and generally good on fuel as well. Nissan Micras come in purple as well  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Joy Division wrote:
sphinx wrote:

I discovered the Toyota Townace - no bigger outside than the Zafira but inside you could fit 8 and luggage for a weekend.  The back seats were as roomy as the back of a focus, and the middle seats you could stretch your legs horizontal - with loads of leg room in the front as well. Middle seats were captains and could swivel to face back seats or converted into a very roomy double bed.

It also had character in spadefuls.  My household are all dedicated petrol heads and we chop and change vehicles a lot because of boredom - the Townace is one of the few cars to make the "would have again" list.  Unfortunately so many people discovered them the insurance has over doubled on them going out of our budget.

...I once looked briefly at a Toyota Picnic , is that quite similar Sphinx?..your right about Zafira, it's very tight indeed.

Uh no - the picnic was a rare Toyota failure - trying to please too many design briefs at once.

The townaces (at least the old ones I am talking about - not sure about the newer ones but I dont like the newer ones anyway) are all imported - the only thing you need to watch is that the engines were properly flushed and the oil replaced.

These are what I am talking about.
Your favorite make of car... 2004_toyota_townace_all_power_2c_diesel_at_96635365872960876

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 pm

sphinx wrote:
Nems wrote:

lol x

You wont beat either Honda or Nissan - both reliable, while being fun and pleasant to drive, and generally good on fuel as well.  Nissan Micras come in purple as well  Wink 

cheers Sphinx
Will have a look at the micras  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Your favorite make of car... Nissan-micra-1-0-shape-5dr-auto-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:22 pm

Yay purple!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:07 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I voted for Volkswagon, but most of the vehicles I've owned have actually been Chevrolets. They make a few models that are really durable.

Yeah Vauxhall should be GM as here they are Holdens and they are Chevy (Mainly) in the the USA.

they are all owned/made by 'General Motors'
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:12 am

harvesmom wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I always hear
"Fix it Again Tony"
Which you do in the Italian Pizzeria voice

FORD
Fucked On Race Day
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 am

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Uh no - the picnic was a rare Toyota failure - trying to please too many design briefs at once.

The townaces (at least the old ones I am talking about - not sure about the newer ones but I dont like the newer ones anyway) are all imported - the only thing you need to watch is that the engines were properly flushed and the oil replaced.

Your favorite make of car... 2004_toyota_townace_all_power_2c_diesel_at_96635365872960876

..quite nice that, reminds me of the Lucida and Previa..nice Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:20 am

veya_victaous wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

I always hear
"Fix it Again Tony"
Which you do in the Italian Pizzeria voice

FORD
Fucked On Race Day

Your defo right about ford IMO:)

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:04 am

Range Rover,new models,speed,comfort,looks,and go anywhere.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:45 pm

I nearly bought a Nissan today but it was silver  Sad Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Cars and makes of cars are boooooring  Sleep 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 am

Joy Division wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

To be fair,mimes are changing, I once had a wee Punto, not a thing went wrong with it in the few years I had it, nippy as hell, good on fuel, extremely reliable...

Had to smile at you JD when I read this, this car is a Fiat Ulysse not a 4 x 4 if I'm not mistaken...

These dramatic pictures show the moment a family were forced to flee their car seconds before it burst into flames – in the middle of a lion enclosure.

The mother and her two children were visiting Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire when the 4x4 overheated and smoke started pouring from the engine.

They were forced to abandon the smoking vehicle and had no option but to flee to the lion enclosure, which is home to 12 adult lions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608443/Mother-two-children-forced-flee-car-burst-flames-safari-park-middle-LION-ENCLOSURE.html#ixzz2zNMtiHi7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What a place to break down!! Luckily everyone is OK!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:10 am

harvesmom wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Had to smile at you JD when I read this, this car is a Fiat Ulysse not a 4 x 4 if I'm not mistaken...

These dramatic pictures show the moment a family were forced to flee their car seconds before it burst into flames – in the middle of a lion enclosure.

The mother and her two children were visiting Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire when the 4x4 overheated and smoke started pouring from the engine.  

They were forced to abandon the smoking vehicle and had no option but to flee to the lion enclosure, which is home to 12 adult lions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608443/Mother-two-children-forced-flee-car-burst-flames-safari-park-middle-LION-ENCLOSURE.html#ixzz2zNMtiHi7

...yeah HM, I saw this on the news earlier  What a Face ...

How lucky were they !!

To escape the fire , then be fortunate not to be eaten by lions!! Thank goodness they were all ok.

This can happen to any car though HM, I once saw a W(2000) reg BMW burst into flames on the M74 , that was in 2001, so that car was only a year old  What a Face 

Someone was looking down on that family!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:15 am

Joy Division wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

How lucky were they !!

To escape the fire , then be fortunate not to be eaten by lions!! Thank goodness they were all ok.

This can happen to any car though HM, I once saw a W(2000) reg BMW burst into flames on the M74 , that was in 2001, so that car was only a year old  What a Face 

I know, I just smiled when I thought of you and your Fiat  Shocked 

I've never had one burst into flames, but I did have a lot of seriously black smoke coming from under the bonnet of a Rover once, luckily I just pulled over safely and got out quick
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 am

harvesmom wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

How lucky were they !!

I know, I just smiled when I thought of you and your Fiat  Shocked 

I've never had one burst into flames, but I did have a lot of seriously black smoke coming from under the bonnet of a Rover once, luckily I just pulled over safely and got out quick

The correct call HM, and especially if you ever have the kids in the car too.

I've not had a Punto or Brava for years! Liked both but the Punto was way more reliable Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Joy Division wrote:
sphinx wrote:

..quite nice that, reminds me of the Lucida and Previa..nice Smile

It reminds me of...

Your favorite make of car... 9k=

Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:57 pm

LMFAO! ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next