NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These are a few of my least-favorite things

+4
Cass
Eilzel
eddie
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Go down

These are a few of my least-favorite things Empty These are a few of my least-favorite things

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:04 pm

Just thought I'd start a fun thread about the quirky things that annoy us. Let's leave political bullshit out of it, please.

I'll start us off:

* Drive-throughs

* Plump women wearing revealing clothing

* When people use slang they're too old for, and they aren't joking

* "Baby on Board!" signs (I prefer one I saw that reads "Baby Up In This Bitch")

* Talking for more than 20 seconds about the weather, how your family is getting along, or where you might be going on holiday

* Any person or thing that is intentionally trying to be edgy

I'd love to hear from everybody! Also, no naming other posters as your least-favorite things -- let's not let this thread get totes awks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

These are a few of my least-favorite things Empty Re: These are a few of my least-favorite things

Post by Guest Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:39 pm

Woke people

Women whinging their haircuts cost more, after spending 5 hours in a hair salon being pampered

The London underground system

Gender ideology

People who get to the till and then suddenly remember they needed something else from the store, leaving a long Que.

Any football team other than Arsenal

Back to top Go down

These are a few of my least-favorite things Empty Re: These are a few of my least-favorite things

Post by eddie Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:53 pm

My list:

Burnt food or really piping hot food. (What’s with that?)

People who don’t pick up their dog’s shit. (No excuse!)

“Fake” people...fake nails and lips. (That said I wouldn’t judge them as people per se)

People who go out in public on their pyjamas. (Doesn’t take long to put on t shirt and jeans)

Completely over-protective parents. (Long list)

Really smelly cheese that smells like feet or vomit. (What the very hell???)

Rain when I have no umbrella. (I actually moan out loud whilst walking down the street).

Bad breath or bad body odour. (No need for it)

People who use filters on their photographs and especially people who use them on their children’s photos. (Do you think you and your offspring are that hideous?)

Ready salted crisps. (It’s just fat-and-salt flavoured)

Deep-fried food. (It stinks!!!)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:57 pm

Oh bippety boppety but you are posh, dear I love you
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Oh bippety boppety but you are posh, dear I love you

Quite. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:00 am

* costumes marketed as sexy but they're really not

* +1 comments on forums
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:06 am

People who want to make statements on political issues but then get offended when you question them.

Eating with your mouth open (fucking gross)

Snotty children

People being late

Traffic

Car accidents (they only happen cause someone didn't do something properly, and has now inconvenienced all our fucking days lol)

And perhaps the WORST, the fucking dopes who don't even take out their bloody wallet/purse (usually purse, women!) until the cashier/bus driver has told them the cost, oh, I'm sorry dear, were you expecting it all to be free today? Fucking moron...

I'll think of more lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:13 am

Eilzel wrote:People who want to make statements on political issues but then get offended when you question them.

Snotty children

People being late

Traffic

Car accidents (they only happen cause someone didn't do something properly, and has now inconvenienced all our fucking days lol)

And perhaps the WORST, the fucking dopes who don't even take out their bloody wallet/purse (usually purse, women!) until the cashier/bus driver has told them the cost, oh, I'm sorry dear, were you expecting it all to be free today? Fucking moron...

I'll think of more lol

Your last one! I was actually going to mention that but my list was getting loooong and I started to sound like a miserable old lady who lives with cats and eats margarine out of the tub.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:16 am

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:People who want to make statements on political issues but then get offended when you question them.

Snotty children

People being late

Traffic

I'll think of more lol

Your last one! I was actually going to mention that but my list was getting loooong and I started to sound like a miserable old lady who lives with cats and eats margarine out of the tub.

lol!

Nowt better than a good moan. 6 years of living in near constant sunshine has done nothing to stop that Britishness in me lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:26 am

Yes Les! I can moan a lot but mostly I really am just a person with their face to the sun.

And btw? I would NEVER eat margarine! I’m a butter-girl.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:58 am

eddie wrote:Yes Les! I can moan a lot but mostly I really am just a person with their face to the sun.

Do they even still sell Marge in the UK? I thought it was banned Shocked
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:25 am

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:Yes Les! I can moan a lot but mostly I really am just a person with their face to the sun.

Yes they do...but only to miserable old cat lady people.
Or people with no taste.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:36 am

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Yes they do...but only to miserable old cat lady people.
Or people with no taste.

lol!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:58 am

Off the top of my head, and I reserve the right to add more on a case by case basis.

Que jumping

Opening a pack of biscuits or crisps and they’re all crushed

The M25 and I-10

People who are sick enough to miss work or school coming to the Library and get me sick

Lying

Unnecessary violence or nudity in movies or tv shows

Lad or girlie magazines

People putting onion into everything

My cats at 3 am sitting on my chest/head

Mr C’s snoring

People who put back empty covers in after eight mint boxes

People who can’t park correctly

People who abandon shopping trolleys instead of taking the extra minute to fucking put it back in the corral

Tourists who aren’t respectful of where they are visiting

Rudeness

Unnecessary swearing

Putting back a container in the fridge with a minuscule amount left in the container. WHY? JUST BLOODY FINISH IT.

Atonal Jazz

Coffee flavored stuff masquerading as normal stuff

Countries having different voltages and regions for dvds

Flimsy paper/plastic plates at BBQs

Tipping. PAY YOUR WAIT STAFF A LIVING WAGE.

Restaurants hiking up prices for example on holidays and my birthday (valentines) and the commercialization of said holidays

Economy seat on airplanes. In fact, airlines full stop.

Snobs

People talking at the movies

People talking on their mobile phones loudly in confined spaces. I don’t need to hear the details of your mother’s hysterectomy or that you are going to be late home.

People not picking up dog poo.

Music playing so loudly in restaurants you can’t hear the person next to you

People who forget to turn off their high beams or having those new LED lights on their cars. Also include tailgaters.

Teabags or coffee pods left on the counter

Boston Red Sux

New England Patsys

Dried out brisket

American eggs and what they call bacon

People writing in library books or trying to use censorship when they don’t agree with the author/subject. You can fuck right off.

Advertising

Junk mail/ mass marketing

I’ll stop for now.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:02 am

"Unnecessary" swearing and nudity? Where does necessity even enter the picture with swearing and nudity?

Fuck that shit. Fuck it NAKED.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:04 am

“People writing in library books or trying to use censorship when they don’t agree with the author/subject. You can fuck right off.”

Is that unnecessary swearing??? cheers

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:06 am

eddie wrote:“People writing in library books or trying to use censorship when they don’t agree with the author/subject. You can fuck right off.”

Is that unnecessary swearing???  cheers  

Absolutely fucking not Twisted Evil
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:07 am

Ben Reilly wrote:"Unnecessary" swearing and nudity? Where does necessity even enter the picture with swearing and nudity?

Fuck that shit. Fuck it NAKED.

Lol.

They both have their place and time. But in the grocery store for instance, is it necessary for every word to be fuck?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:22 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:“People writing in library books or trying to use censorship when they don’t agree with the author/subject. You can fuck right off.”

Is that unnecessary swearing???  cheers  

Fair enough. And I love swearing. It’s often funny.

So fuck you Miss Cass. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:23 am

Cass wrote:Off the top of my head, and I reserve the right to add more on a case by case basis.

Que jumping

Opening a pack of biscuits or crisps and they’re all crushed

The M25 and I-10

People who are sick enough to miss work or school coming to the Library and get me sick

Lying

Unnecessary violence or nudity in movies or tv shows

Lad or girlie magazines

People putting onion into everything

My cats at 3 am sitting on my chest/head

Mr C’s snoring

People who put back empty covers in after eight mint boxes

People who can’t park correctly

People who abandon shopping trolleys instead of taking the extra minute to fucking put it back in the corral

Tourists who aren’t respectful of where they are visiting

Rudeness

Unnecessary swearing

Putting back a container in the fridge with a minuscule amount left in the container. WHY? JUST BLOODY FINISH IT.

Atonal Jazz

Coffee flavored stuff masquerading as normal stuff

Countries having different voltages and regions for dvds

Flimsy paper/plastic plates at BBQs

Tipping. PAY YOUR WAIT STAFF A LIVING WAGE.

Restaurants hiking up prices for example on holidays and my birthday (valentines) and the commercialization of said holidays

Economy seat on airplanes. In fact, airlines full stop.

Snobs

People talking at the movies

People talking on their mobile phones loudly in confined spaces. I don’t need to hear the details of your mother’s hysterectomy or that you are going to be late home.

People not picking up dog poo.

Music playing so loudly in restaurants you can’t hear the person next to you

People who forget to turn off their high beams or having those new LED lights on their cars. Also include tailgaters.

Teabags or coffee pods left on the counter

Boston Red Sux

New England Patsys

Dried out brisket

American eggs and what they call bacon

People writing in library books or trying to use censorship when they don’t agree with the author/subject. You can fuck right off.

Advertising

Junk mail/ mass marketing

I’ll stop for now.

People who write in library books (any books!) should be shot - though a happy compromise would be banned from the library Laughing

Btw:

"People putting onion into everything"

I'm failing to see the problem here, Cass. I thought I knew you Rolling Eyes Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:34 am

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Fair enough. And I love swearing. It’s often funny.

So fuck you Miss Cass. Cool

And a big fuck you right back at ya I love you
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:39 am

Dearest Les, I think I speak on behalf of those of us whom the gods have given an onion allergy to, shut it.

I get it. Onion is good and flavorful. It adds zing. It’s versatile. BUT IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE IN EVERY SINGLE THING THAT I LOVE AND IS ALREADY MADE BECAUSE IM TOO TIRED TO COOK.

~leaves soapbox and goes in search of a doughnut which is onion free~
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:43 am

Cass wrote:Dearest Les, I think I speak on behalf of those of us whom the gods have given an onion allergy to, shut it.

I get it. Onion is good and flavorful. It adds zing. It’s versatile. BUT IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE IN EVERY SINGLE THING THAT I LOVE AND IS ALREADY MADE BECAUSE IM TOO TIRED TO COOK.

An onion alergy, ouch, the only thing worse would be a garlic allergy Shocked Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:54 am

Eilzel wrote:
Cass wrote:Dearest Les, I think I speak on behalf of those of us whom the gods have given an onion allergy to, shut it.

An onion alergy, ouch, the only thing worse would be a garlic allergy Shocked Laughing

Same family but so far I’m good with it. As I get older though, I can’t eat as much fresh raw as I used to. If the worse happens and it goes full blown, shoot me please.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:01 am

Cass wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Same family but so far I’m good with it. As I get older though, I can’t eat as much fresh raw as I used to. If the worse happens and it goes full blown, shoot me please.

Developing allergies is annoying. I grew up with cats with no problems, I still adore them. But after I left home, on subsequent visits to my mum's house (when our cat and dog were still alive) it'd give me such a bad chest.

How TF can we go from living with something without issue to being allergic to it Evil or Very Mad
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:27 pm

eddie wrote:

Snotty children

People being late

Traffic

I'll think of more lol

sounds like you're trying out my lifestyle

heads up

it has to be butter

Cool

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:29 pm

Rolling Eyes

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:31 pm

Thorin wrote:Woke people

Women whinging their haircuts cost more, after spending 5 hours in a hair salon being pampered

yeah, and the dopey arsed fuckers that insist on standing right outside the doors so no sod can get off .... i just step right into them and barge through

Twisted Evil

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Woke people with cats, that think the government is there to help them while driving in the passing lane.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:55 pm

the morons in carparks that wont leave space for the vehicle trying to reverse, including the brain dead pedestrians who watch you start reversing then walk behind your car while you are moving....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Drivers who don't indicate,you have to guess witch way they are going .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:07 pm

arriving at my permission and realising i have left either ammo or bolt at home Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:47 pm

nicko wrote:Drivers who don't indicate,you have to guess witch way they are going .

Right???? Hang them!!!!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:49 pm

gelico wrote:
Thorin wrote:Woke people

yeah, and the dopey arsed fuckers that insist on standing right outside the doors so no sod can get off .... i just step right into them and barge through

Twisted Evil

Yup. I do same while saying very loudly EXCUSE YOU.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down