NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vigilante Family Jailed For Torturing Couple

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Vigilante Family Jailed For Torturing Couple - Page 3 Empty Vigilante Family Jailed For Torturing Couple

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

A judge describes the violence used in the severe beatings of a man and pregnant woman as "reminiscent of a Hollywood film".

Eleven members of the same family kidnapped, tortured and severely beat two people they wrongly suspected of killing a 75-year-old woman in Norwich.

The family members were sentenced at Norwich Crown Court in what police have described as the worst case of vigilantism ever seen.

The two victims, a man and a woman who was seven months pregnant at the time, were held against their will and beaten by the group. They have been given new identities and cannot be named for legal reasons.

Judge Stephen Holt told the court the group had kidnapped and interrogated their victims in "scenes reminiscent of a Hollywood film".

The attacks took place after Gertrude Frankham, the widow of traveller's rights campaigner Eli Frankham, was found dead in December 2012.

She died in her bed, and the death was ruled to be the result of natural causes.

However, the 11 members of Mrs Frankham's family erroneously believed she had been murdered.

They then kidnapped and interrogated their victims in an attempt to extract confessions to the supposed killing.

Six members of Mrs Frankham's family were found guilty of various offences after a trial earlier this year.

Police seized camcorder footage of one of the beatings - which the attackers had hoped to use to force officers to prosecute the couple for murder.

Speaking after the group was sentenced, Superintendent Dennis Lacey said the case was the worst instance of vigilantism he had ever known.

"Despite there never being any evidence of murder they decided to take the law into their own hands through violence and intimidation," he said.

"In 27 years in the police, I have never seen anything like this in terms of the number of people involved and the seriousness of the assaults.

"Vigilantism cannot be tolerated and the sentences handed down reflect the unnecessary level of violence used."

The family members have been sentenced to terms in jail of between 18 months and 12 years.

Others convicted include Thomas Chilton, Edward Dolan Jnr, Vanessa Frankham, Diane Evans, Jesse Frankham, Laura Ann Dolan, Wayne Dolan and Edward Dolan Snr

They include Mrs Frankham's daughters Violet Chilton, Sheila Conboy and Valerie Harris, along with some of her grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Five others admitted their involvement.

The court heard how the two victims were individually dragged to a warehouse and made to sit in a chair as they were surrounded and beaten in April last year.

During the attack on the woman, Conboy called police to say she had confessed to murder.

The male victim was also told that if he went to police his family would be killed while he was forced to watch, the trial heard.

http://news.sky.com/story/1236649/vigilante-family-jailed-for-torturing-couple

It doesn't say if the woman they beat lost her baby. FGS!

Back to top Go down

Vigilante Family Jailed For Torturing Couple - Page 3 Empty Re: Vigilante Family Jailed For Torturing Couple

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:47 am

Why do lefties always think that nobody else is entitled to an opinion? They seem to be very arrogant.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Vigilante Family Jailed For Torturing Couple - Page 3 Empty Re: Vigilante Family Jailed For Torturing Couple

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I'm not smarting Rags, but  trust me..your just making an arse of yourself.

That's certainly how it looks from here, while you failed to listen to what Sassy and Victor had to say,,,

I would see it a bit different if you listened THEN rambled on but you didn't, you just waded in with both feet again.

You've got a real temper!

Ooooh, you are smarting, I can tell. You leapt in here as soon as you saw a disagreement.  ://?roflmao?/:

..ok, night night, weet dreams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Awww, look at the three of you. You can't function on your own can you?  Razz 

Typical lefties - blame "society" for what individuals do. You all need to get a grip and get some common sense.

Look at the state of you, What a Face 
...your gonna have a breakdown hen, Rolling Eyes

You mean you are. I bet you were foaming at the mouth earlier.  :-:cawg:-:
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 am

Actually, I think Sassy is right about one thing - Victor has turned into a weirdo since he came back.  rabbit
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:23 am

Sassy wrote:Yes Rags, no Rags, whatever Rags.   I'm worried about a friend.   You just want to shit stir.  

Utter utter fucking bullshit
Your posts on this thread are no more than your self serving scheming and manipulating "even SM has noticed Victor" FFS!

If you give a shit about Victor - phone him

With every passing day you are fooling fewer and fewer people

Remember you were warned, you started this journey dont be whining where its going.

For the record I have always thought Victor is an excellent poster and I know him to be a great man.
It was his posts when he returned that made me realise I shouldnt let myself be driven off here by morons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:45 am

I suggest you get over yourself and your vindictive nature.   Victor knew exactly what I was talking about and it has nothing to do with you.  SM made her remark, which I am not going to copy here, but you can read it here: http://www.newsfixboard.com/t3723-marxist-and-liberalists-progressives#70067
How I discuss things with Victor is between him and me and if you don't like it, hard bloody luck.   Now get over yourself, you have no idea why I was talking to Victor and you never will.   You are one weird bunny boiler.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:38 am

Sassy wrote:I suggest you get over yourself and your vindictive nature.   Victor knew exactly what I was talking about and it has nothing to do with you.  SM made her remark, which I am not going to copy here, but you can read it here: http://www.newsfixboard.com/t3723-marxist-and-liberalists-progressives#70067
How I discuss things with Victor is between him and me and if you don't like it, hard bloody luck.   Now get over yourself, you have no idea why I was talking to Victor and you never will.   You are one weird bunny boiler.

I'm sure if Victor had anything to say about your discussions with him that he didn't like then he would have said so to you.

Uninformed comments by others on the sidelines like the weirdo comment above and what followed are certainly not helpful.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:02 pm

which is why this self serving hand wring faux concern should be aired in private

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Victor knows what it was about and why and Victor knows it wasn't false. It's really sad to see someone eaten alive by their own bitter and twisted nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Sassy wrote:Victor knows what it was about and why and Victor knows it wasn't false.   It's really sad to see someone eaten alive by their own bitter and twisted nature.

Vigilante Family Jailed For Torturing Couple - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Hty3zh_B6kbKLBNrm0mluwNnl-HOlzG_iYP-YMa59Si724Q3Ug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Very sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Sassy wrote:I suggest you get over yourself and your vindictive nature.   Victor knew exactly what I was talking about and it has nothing to do with you.  SM made her remark, which I am not going to copy here, but you can read it here: http://www.newsfixboard.com/t3723-marxist-and-liberalists-progressives#70067

I'm sure if Victor had anything to say about your discussions with him that he didn't like then he would have said so to you.

Uninformed comments by others on the sidelines like the weirdo comment above and what followed are certainly not helpful.

Do you mean my comment? I wasn't on the sidelines at all, I was discussing the subject matter with him, and he was very hostile and abusive - hence my "weirdo" remark.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3