NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison

4 posters

Go down

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison Empty "Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:13 am

2nd April 2014

Another step towards the complete fannyisation of England?

Or a good move?

Please discuss.

Parents who deprive their children of love and kindness could be jailed for up to ten years under a proposed new law.

Changes to child neglect legislation would make ‘emotional cruelty’ a crime for the first time under what is being dubbed a ‘Cinderella Law’.

David Cameron vowed there is 'nothing more important than the protection of children', as details emerged of the new offence which is expected to be included in the Queen's Speech in June.

The new law would make it a crime to deliberately harm a child’s ‘intellectual, emotional, social or behavioural development’ and sits alongside the physical or sexual abuse of children.

Those found guilty would face up to ten years in jail. The change will update existing laws in England and Wales.

Currently, adults responsible for a child can only be prosecuted if they have deliberately assaulted, abandoned or exposed a youngster to suffering or injury to their health.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593042/Cinderella-Law-stop-emotional-abuse-children-Parents-fail-love-face-prison.html#ixzz2xic2xcQM

Last edited by BigAndy9 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison Empty Re: "Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:21 am

Hmmmmm. If a child is damaged by lack of attention or emotional neglect, they're going to feel even worse if their parents are sent to prison, not to mention the guilt when they get older.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison Empty Re: "Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:48 am

Define emotional abuse for a start.

I am sure I am not the only adult who has met children capable of playing victim to get their own way.

I am sure I will get shot down for that comment because we all know all children are perfectly innocent and could never be so manipulative.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:50 am

sphinx wrote:Define emotional abuse for a start.

I am sure I am not the only adult who has met children capable of playing victim to get their own way.

I am sure I will get shot down for that comment because we all know all children are perfectly innocent and could never be so manipulative.

No you are absolutely spot on sphinx.

Sounds like a great law - and how can you say children have enough protection - give them more I hear you scream!

The children will play on it, the lawyers will play on it and the liberal do-gooders will play on it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:55 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
sphinx wrote:Define emotional abuse for a start.

No you are absolutely spot on sphinx.

Sounds like a great law - and how can you say children have enough protection - give them more I hear you scream!

The children will play on it, the lawyers will play on it and the liberal do-gooders will play on it!

I am thinking mainly of possessions.

You have 2 five year olds begging their parents for the latest new wonder toy.

One set of parents say yes and get into debt providing it

One set of parents say no because they cannot afford it

The first child is happy and appeased and hugging their parents.

The second child is unhappy and screaming that they hate their parents - that their parents are cruel.

Which child is being emotionally abused?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:57 am

@OP
dumb... it would be too difficult to legally define
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:15 am

veya_victaous wrote:@OP
dumb... it would be too difficult to legally define

Except they are trying to - this is being bought in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:23 am

this world has gone completely bonkers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am

My dad and many of my mates's dad's should have been up in court then..along with heaps of others..

This will never happen.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:11 pm

I can see why they want to do it, can't see how it would possibly work.

Lots of times, abuse of kids starts with emotional abuse.   The child who isn't allowed things his siblings are allowed, the others are told there is something wrong with him, he is not allowed the food they are, the others get cuddles, he doesn't, etc etc.   But rather than bringing in laws about imprisoning parents, teachers should be taught to look out for the withdrawal symptoms etc.   Many times grandparents actually tell people about it but are not listened to, flags don't go up when they should.

It's an impossible situation for everyone trying to do anything about it.  I have a friend who was at mine yesterday and we were discussing exactly this.   Her daughter has remarried, all seemed well until they had a new baby.   The two children from her first marriage are now being pushed out, told they are at fault all the time, shouted at, not allowed treats, left with uncles and aunts while the new child and parents go out, all kinds of things.   The boy has pulled clumps of his hair out and is withdrawing, the girl has started to self harm.   My friend has tried talking to her daughter, who simply doesn't seem to see what she and her husband are doing.   My fried is worried that if she pushes it with her daughter and a row ensues, she will lose contact with the grandchildren that need her so much at the moment.   So she tries to give them the things their parents aren't giving them, love, affection, cuddles, treats.   But children are not stupid and they know they she loves them, but they also have a pretty good idea that their mother loves her new baby and her new husband a lot more than them.

The other day my friend stepped in when the husband was about to hit her grandson. It's escalating, he's not done that before, but now he has reached the stage when he is prepared to do that in front of her. Unless something is done, it will get worse. She is seriously considering going to social services, even if they means her daughter will not forgive her, but will try and talk to her daughter first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:27 pm

If teachers see that "something isn't right" and they report it, how is it then proven in a court that "Johnny" is being treated differently to his brother "Mohammed"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Another weapon in the progressives war on freedom. just immagine how much control THIS will give them over the population of child bearing age....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:58 pm

OFGS Victor, we have already said this in unworkable. You carry on using PROGRESSIVE like a swear world if you like, but I'd rather be a progressive than a regressive any day. Thinking the past was all sweetness and light is rather silly when we know the crap that went on. There are some things about the past that are good, there are a lot more that were awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:35 pm

im a victim of emotional cruelty on this forum all the time

have you all seen how nasty and mean people are to me all the time

look how sad i am ------------------> Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Awwwww poor ole smelly.......here old bean have a tissue...i know its a used one but its all I can afford .......

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Surely if a child is brought in for any type of abuse ie physical, that also affects them emotionally ergo they've been emotionally abused?

It does happen and it will be hard to prove in some cases, not so in others I'd say.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 pm

eddie wrote:Surely if a child is brought in for any type of abuse  ie physical, that also affects them emotionally ergo they've been emotionally abused?

It does happen and it will be hard to prove in some cases, not so in others I'd say.

The thing is do you trust the authorities with their secret family court system to not abuse it in the difficult to prove cases?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:06 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:im a victim of emotional cruelty on this forum all the time

have you all seen how nasty and mean people are to me all the time

look how sad i am ------------------> Crying or Very sad 

I'd give you a hug but you're smelly. Get it?  :::grouch:: :::grouch:: :::grouch:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:08 pm

could making your little girl cover her hair be taken as child cruelty??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:08 pm

sphinx wrote:
eddie wrote:Surely if a child is brought in for any type of abuse  ie physical, that also affects them emotionally ergo they've been emotionally abused?

The thing is do you trust the authorities with their secret family court system to not abuse it in the difficult to prove cases?

Hmmmm not sure?
All I know is, they could bring in a law to then charge someone with it in addition to physical abuse, say, to make sentences longer and harsher?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:10 pm

But emotional abuse often goes on for a long time before any physical abuse, and by then the child is badly damaged.

And no Sphinx, I wouldn't trust the family courts to cut up an apple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Sassy wrote:OFGS Victor, we have already said this in unworkable.   You carry on using PROGRESSIVE like a swear world if you like, but I'd rather be a progressive than a regressive any day.   Thinking the past was all sweetness and light is rather silly when we know the crap that went on.   There are some things about the past that are good, there are a lot more that were awful.

Yes ...I think Victor has taken the not-very-accurate Conservative slogan!!

Oh aren't we such bad LW Progressive's  Rolling Eyes 

Laughing 

Just let Ben know of you want the wee tree beside your avi as well Victor Smile

It really would suit you ..

Right Wingers eh!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:could making your little girl cover her hair be taken as child cruelty??

I hope not, that would be discriminatory against Christians.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:18 pm

This is nonsense, its difficult enough to prove neglect never mind emotional abuse.
Most parents wouldnt even realise when they are abusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:44 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Awwwww poor ole smelly.......here old bean have a tissue...i know its a used one but its all I can afford .......

hope its not your wank rag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:could making your little girl cover her hair be taken as child cruelty??

do you happen to mean something like this??

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison 39a6ba10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:48 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

yeah something like that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

You mean like many Christians do?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

You mean like many Christians do?

its different when we do it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:55 pm

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison 78485795

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Didge wrote:"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison 78485795

lol she's not going to be wearing that bonnet for the rest of her life is she...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Didge wrote:"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison 78485795

how adorable

i guess you prefer this

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison Stopin10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

how adorable

i guess you prefer this

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison Stopin10

Some portable radio that, but how is that addressing the daft point you made when as seen Christians do the same on coverings dummy?

I love how you always get show up and have to go to the extreme negating the orginial point because you lost the plot.

Do you want me to show where Christians used children as human shields in history or does that play into the fuckwit world of smelly?>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 pm

lol she's not going to be wearing that bonnet for the rest of her life is she...lol

lol unless she becomes a nun of course

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison Nuns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Didge wrote:

lol unless she becomes a nun of course

"Emotional Cruelty" Could Become A Crime - Parents Could Face Prison Nuns

Yes what horrible life CHOOSING to become a nun

*please take the bait*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:59 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_headcovering#Current_practice
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down