NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bullshit thread

+6
Irn Bru
Andy
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
eddie
10 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The bullshit thread Empty The bullshit thread

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 am

Not sure I should be mentioning this on here, but some members got PMs from Dean saying the site may be down for a while.  I suppose if it's down that people will notice anyway, so I'm not giving private details away.  Seems like he's received a serious complaint about content or something; not sure if he meant it was from the forom site people, but it might be something to do with the Turkish government who are having a crackdown on social networking site.  Not sure tbh.  Anyway it's a shame because In a Flap used to be such a good site where people had freedom of speech.   Sad

Last edited by Tesstacious on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The bullshit thread Empty Re: The bullshit thread

Post by eddie Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 am

I agree Tess.
I like it there, always have.

Like I've always said, I don't always like what I read, at times I've been more than uncomfortable, but it's my choice to challenge people or just not read the content.

But freedom of speech is paramount to me, and to forums in general.

Without free speech they are just dictatorships.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 am

Well I would like those on flap to know that ADO is available - if they want another private no-one can see bit that can be put on as is demonstrated by the addition of the snug.

Can anyone who has contact with those there please pass the message on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 am

sphinx wrote:Well I would like those on flap to know that ADO is available - if they want another private no-one can see bit that can be put on as is demonstrated by the addition of the snug.  

i joined ADO but didn't have the account activated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:27 am

VOD(original) wrote:
sphinx wrote:Well I would like those on flap to know that ADO is available - if they want another private no-one can see bit that can be put on as is demonstrated by the addition of the snug.  

Before or after the overhaul?

It should be automatic now so give it another go if you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:34 am

I'll pass it on sphinx  sunny 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:36 am

Tesstacious wrote:Not sure I should be mentioning this on here, but some members got PMs from Dean saying the site may be down for a while.  I suppose if it's down that people will notice anyway, so I'm not giving private details away.  Seems like he's received a serious complaint about content or something; not sure if he meant it was from the forom site people, but it might be something to do with the Turkish government who are having a crackdown on social networking site.  Not sure tbh.  Anyway it's a shame because In a Flap used to be such a good site where people had freedom of speech.   Sad

It's a Forumotion forum, so total freedom of speech isn't necessarily possible.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 am

sphinx wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

It might have been after the overhaul to be honest as i haven't been on forums for months . I will have a look thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:15 am

VOD(original) wrote:
sphinx wrote:

It might have been after the overhaul to be honest as i haven't been on forums for months . I will have a look thanks

If it was ages ago it was before the overhaul - so you would now have to register again but activation is automatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:39 pm

I donno...there is some heavy-handed modding over on ADO.

I hear the admin there is a dominatrix. But I don't know.

The bullshit thread Dominatrix

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:42 pm

I think ADO is nice, sphinx has it running well. I should go there. I'm going there now.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:43 pm

why have you got flap as a mod sphinx...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I donno...there is some heavy-handed modding over on ADO.

I hear the admin there is a dominatrix.  But I don't know.

The bullshit thread Dominatrix
LOL - I have given that up an pay more attention to the technical side. The main hub is un moderated except for obvious spam and outright illegalites. Anyone is welcome to have a sub forum set up off the main hub which they will control to moderate etc as they wish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:why have you got flap as a mod sphinx...?

He was going to help me out by putting a sub forum on but backed out - any head of a sub forum is classed as a super moderator because they have full control over the sub forum, however they have no control over the main hub nor any other sub forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Lol - I'll have a look, sphinx. Wd. love to see the place active again.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:09 pm

ADO has always been a great place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:13 pm

sphinx wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:why have you got flap as a mod sphinx...?

He was going to help me out by putting a sub forum on but backed out - any head of a sub forum is classed as a super moderator because they have full control over the sub forum, however they have no control over the main hub nor any other sub forum.

no worries but perhaps you should take the title away then, I can't say i'm very keen on flap..

mind you that goes for most posters..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
sphinx wrote:

no worries but perhaps you should take the title away then, I can't say i'm very keen on flap..

He is free to post as an ordinary poster - his position only gives him authority over his own board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Hardly a surprise if Flop is in jeopardy.
The Turkish authorities are taking a very dim view and stern action against social media sites and forums, especially those that are critical or insulting of Islam.
Already they shut Facebook and YouTube. I think Twitter is on their radar too.
Can't help their cause if the authories are aware that Dean is running an illegal site using proxy servers to conceal the origin of the host.

Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:18 pm

does anyone post on your forum because i am looking  for somewhere else

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:19 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Hardly a surprise if Flop is in jeopardy.
The Turkish authorities are taking a very dim view and stern action against social media sites and forums, especially those that are critical or insulting of Islam.
Already they shut Facebook and YouTube.  I think Twitter is on their radar too.
Can't help their cause if the authories are aware that Dean is running an illegal site using proxy servers to conceal the origin of the host.

good news , can't stand the man ::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:19 pm

sphinx wrote:

He is free to post as an ordinary poster - his position only gives him authority over his own board.

but while people see the name super moderator they will assume he has greater powers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Flip is an ok guy and admin (from what I've seen) - I just couldn't stand some of his left wing views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 pm

VOD(original) wrote:

good news , can't stand the man ::D::
I have no animosity towards Dean particularly, he has always been reasonable to me, even if he sometimes lowered his standards by resorting to insilts along with Kaka, Hugh and Durham (Steve and Mason) aka Dumb and Dumber.
The fault lay with the lack of moderation and the pure nastiness of a few of it's members.
Who will forget Sawyer celebrating every bullet that slammed into Breivik's victims as he tried to justify his idol's barbarity.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:32 pm

I think what makes good admin is being unbiased, the rules have to be for everyone or for no one and unfortunately I haven't found a single admin up to it yet...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

sphinx wrote:

but while people see the name super moderator they will assume he has greater powers...

They can assume all they like.

The whole point of the way I have got ADO set up now is to test an idea for a different way of arranging forums. It will not run like a standard forum so lots of assumptions are going to be wrong - and I will deal with them as they arise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

How would the authorities be aware though? Do you think someone really has reported him? It's a bit worrying because he was to make an announcement today, but no-one's heard from him for a while now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

How would the authorities be aware though? Do you think someone really has reported him? It's a bit worrying because he was to make an announcement today, but no-one's heard from him for a while now...
There have been a few reports about him to forumotion for the way he changed people's passwords and email addresses , i reported him a few times
I know that has nothing to do with what your on about tess but maybe he has been arrested in Turkey before he could close it down.

Are people still posting on there ?

Last edited by VOD(original) on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:37 pm

sphinx wrote:

They can assume all they like.

The whole point of the way I have got ADO set up now is to test an idea for a different way of arranging forums.  It will not run like a standard forum so lots of assumptions are going to be wrong - and I will deal with them as they arise.

if they see flap's name you may not get the posters to test your theories...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Good Lord!  affraid 

I sincerely hope not, i think this site should put down some rat poison, just in case, and spray just in case of a flea infestation.

::zomb::  ::fishffight::

Last edited by Catman on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Oops!my me and Ben's joke revelation may have just hampered a couple of wee plans!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:45 pm

oh do let us in on the joke this time JD your so amazingly funny  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:46 pm

VOD(original) wrote:oh do let us in on the joke this time JD your so amazingly funny  Rolling Eyes

..oh I dare not VOD, as you may have another mental breakdown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:51 pm

Joy Division wrote:Oops!my me and Ben's joke revelation may have just hampered a couple of wee plans!Smile

Funny, BA is over there now saying that this was not originally a joke, and that we ended up playing it off as an April Fools' prank when people got mad, but we originally intended to make those "new forum rules," etc.

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:56 pm

I thought that's what really happened Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Joy Division wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:oh do let us in on the joke this time JD your so amazingly funny  Rolling Eyes

..oh I dare not VOD, as you may have another mental breakdown.
not me i just don't find practical jokes funny it shows weakness and insecurity in those who do that  ::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Tesstacious wrote:

Wasnt that long ago people on here were discussing reporting him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:07 pm

VOD(original) wrote:I thought that's what really happened Ben

Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:10 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

Wink 

Well, you're both wrong:

Joy Division Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 11:08

Ben_Reilly wrote:
I have an idea about how to send this out with a bang -- are you up for improvising a fake flame-war between the two of us on that incest thread? You could start by responding to my last comment there, we could let it carry on for a bit before announcing the prank!

But only if you're up for a little improv  Laughing 

Yeah,im up for it Ben!  Laughing 

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Ben, I do hope you werent neglecting your homework for such shenanigens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

Wink 
 Suspect  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Wink 

Well, you're both wrong:

Ben_Reilly wrote:
I have an idea about how to send this out with a bang -- are you up for improvising a fake flame-war between the two of us on that incest thread? You could start by responding to my last comment there, we could let it carry on for a bit before announcing the prank!

But only if you're up for a little improv   Laughing 

i thought you were on the phone to JD  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 pm

The Turkish security services and authorities will certainly be monitoring electronic traffic; GCHQ and the NSA do, as do every country.
Certain keywords are flagged , repetitive use of those words on the same site over a period wll trigger a security alert.
If the words Muslim and terrorist are continually used - as they are on flop, there is little wonder it creates interest.
The site need not be 'reported' - the likes of Tom and Kaka could themselves be the chief unwitting instigators.

Last edited by Handy Andy on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:16 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Wink 

Well, you're both wrong:

Ben_Reilly wrote:

But only if you're up for a little improv   Laughing 

i thought you were on the phone to JD  Wink

That's what I told you to keep the wind-up going; sorry for the lie. I actually just got JD's e-mail address today, and we've never spoken.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Oops!my me and Ben's joke revelation may have just hampered a couple of wee plans!Smile

Funny, BA is over there now saying that this was not originally a joke, and that we ended up playing it off as an April Fools' prank when people got mad, but we originally intended to make those "new forum rules," etc.

Oh my goodness!, poor Andy is off another story telling spree!..of course,he and only he knows better than us! Laughing

...a real wee drama Queen isn't he?

Last edited by Joy Division on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:23 pm

Ha ha - Newsfix's own version of Room 101-tables turned on Dean and his wankers.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Oh my goodness!, poor Andy is off another story telling spree!..of course,he and only he knows better than us! Laughing

Indeed! I can also post a screenshot of the fake "Admin" group I added you to in order to pull of the prank -- I named it "Admin" but put two spaces behind it and gave it the same color as the real "Admin" group. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Indeed! I can also post a screenshot of the fake "Admin" group I added you to in order to pull of the prank -- I named it "Admin" but put two spaces behind it and gave it the same color as the real "Admin" group. Smile

The proof is all there Ben and I can post some of the PM,s we traded if you need me to anytime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Ha ha - Newsfix's own version of Room 101-tables turned on Dean and his wankers.

And the funny thing is, IAF never even crossed my mind when JD and I were plotting this, but I think the prank landed better over there than it did over here!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:I think what makes good admin is being unbiased, the rules have to be for everyone or for no one and unfortunately I haven't found a single admin up to it yet...

Lots of luck with that, GIG. Being unbiased is like not being a racist. Everybody thinks that is them, but it ain't necessarily so.  Twisted Evil 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next