NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Now Taught As Foreign Language In English School

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

English Now Taught As Foreign Language In English School - Page 2 Empty English Now Taught As Foreign Language In English School

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

25th March 2014

Please discuss.

A Leeds school is to teach English as a second language to all its pupils, including native English speakers, in an attempt to tackle poor grammar.

City of Leeds School head teacher Georgiana Sale said many of the school's native English speaking pupils did not possess the "formal" language skills to do well at GCSE level.

She said some pupils lacked knowledge of grammar but were "not illiterate".

The school has 314 pupils from about 50 countries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-26731999

Back to top Go down

English Now Taught As Foreign Language In English School - Page 2 Empty Re: English Now Taught As Foreign Language In English School

Post by eddie Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 am

I keep on saying this but no one listens.

Africans, Nigerians, Polish, Bulgarians, Russians.

All of these races are doing so much with their children at home and they are going to overtake the lazy parenting that is fast becoming the British way.

I saw it time and again in infants schools: children coming in with little command of English and then going leaps and bounds over English-born pupils.

African and Nigerian parents are getting home tutors for their children.

This problem always always always starts and ends at HOME.

Blame the parents!!!!!!!!!!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

English Now Taught As Foreign Language In English School - Page 2 Empty Re: English Now Taught As Foreign Language In English School

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:08 am

eddie wrote:I keep on saying this but no one listens.

All of these races are doing so much with their children at home and they are going to overtake the lazy parenting that is fast becoming the British way.

I saw it time and again in infants schools: children coming in with little command of English and then going leaps and bounds over English-born pupils.

there is a lot in what you say eddie I would agree...HOWEVER...we pay exhorbitant amounts of tax to have our children properly educated...and the standards applied to that HAVE declined...immensely...

that said, mine could read (properly) at 4
could do algebra by 5-6 and calculus by 9
understood chemical valency by 7
knew the periodic table and its uses by 7
etc etc etc......I wonder how?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:14 am

My kids were taught the 'sit down and learn' and times tables, my eldest is 45 this year, and as I said, people were still staying exactly the same kind of things. It must be something to do with some people getting old and grumpy  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:19 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
eddie wrote:I keep on saying this but no one listens.

there is a lot in what you say eddie I would agree...HOWEVER...we pay exhorbitant amounts of tax to have our children properly educated...and the standards applied to that HAVE declined...immensely...

that said, mine could read (properly) at 4
could do algebra by 5-6 and calculus by 9
understood chemical valency by 7
knew the periodic table and its uses by 7
etc etc etc......I wonder how?????

Every single thing that moulds a child and shapes them, starts at home.
Yours, like mine, got good grounding and had time invested.

Some parents now are too busy.
Some are too lazy.

I do know, that the children who's parents invest time into them and their education will nearly always, circumstances prevailing, do better in school.

Sadly, I see a lot more family time and education awareness in Eastern Europeans at the moment in the schools I've worked in.

Africans and Nigerians, home tutoring nearly always.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:32 am

Home tutoring?

Or homework/coursework helpers?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:33 am

Home tutoring, if that's what Eds said, that's what she meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:42 am

British schools in India, and there are many more worldwide where the local language is taught as a second language.

http://www.british-school.org/our-community/directors-welcome.html

I guess we British must have started something that's blossomed over many years then.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:57 am

Sassy wrote:Home tutoring, if that's what Eds said, that's what she meant.

Home tutor = employed to do coursework/homework....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:00 am

Oh don't be so fucking ridiculous. Christ, if I was as miserable as you I'd shoot myself. Home tutor means home tutor. If the hometutor does the homework the kids aren't going to get their exams are they? You are a prat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:01 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Home tutoring can = parental guidance.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:20 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Erm home tutoring

Someone who tutors someone at home as opposed to school, or the swing park or a stairwell.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:24 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Because teachers don't smack kids for saying "bovva"?

You, my friend are turning into a didge.....

however ......40 years ago, poor english would have had you marked down in ANY subject....and too many markings down for bad english would have got you an interview with the head of the english department.

SO....liberalist progressive interference with teaching, failure of "normal english classes for native speakers....because........

Take your time I know its painful for you to admit the truth..............

WoW so many didges on the forum, anyone would think Victor has been totally wound up by me ha ha
I think the contribution in taxes by immigrants give them a say also in how thier children are taught in schools, and most of the failings do come from within the home to poor learning. All you are doing is seeking to excuse those who are at present failing, you look to blame others for this , which again is utterly pathetic, when you should be looking at the fact to correcting something that has gone on for decades where we have a set amount of people fail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:35 am

Sassy wrote:They are teaching english as a second language to all because the english kids seem to have very bad grammer and it will help them.   Why the hell does it matter if it means all the kids learn good english, which will help the immigrant children integrate properly.   Really, I just don't get all the angst.

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:58 am

yes.BUT you are utterly failing to see the REAL problem and hence question....

WHY are these native speakers "failing" to have good english...it isnt all the parents fault...why hasnt the school managed in their normal english lessons to teach them to a reasonable standard????

THAT is what needs examining. Admittedly there will always be a few who lag behind either from some sort of learning difficulty, idleness or just plain lack of intellect...in my day these were sent to the "remedial" classes.

BUT to feel the need to teach ALL the native kids shows a total failure of the school.
so we need an honest appraisal of WHY the school failed the native speakers but the progressives are scared of the consequences of such an inquiry....It is easier to blame anything except....EITHER...crap teachers OR money and time spent providing for "others"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:23 am

Exactly when would the left say "ok, this is just too much"?

How bad does the country have to get?

How crazy does the story have to be?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:38 pm

There is never any excuse for poor grammar and incorrect spelling unless you have learning difficulties.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 pm

or are typing on computer kebyroad....... Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Sassy wrote:Oh don't be so fucking ridiculous. Christ, if I was as miserable as you I'd shoot myself. Home tutor means home tutor.If the hometutor does the homework the kids aren't going to get their exams are they? You are a prat.
Well as coursework counts for up to 60% of a GCSE then it will be easier to get a good grade when being 'helped' to give in A* coursework throughout.
You are the pratt if you think this is not happening!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Which is the same for every child, plus the teacher has to grade something which if differs from the normal work you are not going to spot the difference?

One moment

://?roflmao?/: 

Seriously, no doubt you tried this and got busted Matti, is that why you are still unemployed and angry you are because you screwed up at school and now blame migrants for your own failings?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Casting a lot of aspersions there dodge, and couldn't be further from the truth.

In fact, all this homework/coursework help might explain why some kids are leaving school with a string of exam 'qualifications' but struggle with basic English and maths...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Irony clearly lost on poor Matti, when his whole post before was based on assumptions

DOH

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Didge doesn't know the difference between assumptions and aspersions.

DOH
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 pm

You know you are an "progressive" when

You refuse to engage in "debate" with people, considering each such opportunity a chance to INSTRUCT such as dissagree with you.

you refuse to answer any straight question, using any chance to divert and fudge.

You deny the "real life " experiences of people...

you make wild impossible to prove claims, based on nothing more than fantasy and your ideal of "what should be" whilst at the same time demanding accuracy to 3 decimal places from those you presume to "instruct"

You hide the patent truth when it doesnt fit your world view

you are an expert at manipulating statistics

you claim "such and such" should, must be and IS the only way, whilst offering NO idea of how it can be achieved.

if anyone disputes your point, EVEN whilst agreeing with the broader picture you feel threatened and immediately become abusive.

if all else fails you attack the poster as stupid or use the SIXHIRB method of abuse.

you refuse ALL compromise, whilst expecting total abject agreement from your opponents...

IF ALL ELSE FAILS YOU SHOUT LOUDLY ....I HAVE WON.....and run away in a cloud of the above mentioned abuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:47 pm

Sassy wrote:Jesus bloody Christ Victor, failure should carry lifetime consequences at 16?

I don't know what you have been up to recently, but for crying out loud stop it.

I have been recruited to the dark side......
by the 2 best recruitment officers the right could wish for....Didge and catman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:52 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:You know you are an "progressive" when

You refuse to engage in "debate" with people, considering each such opportunity a chance to INSTRUCT such as dissagree with you.

you refuse to answer any straight question, using any chance to divert and fudge.

You deny the "real life " experiences of people...

you make wild impossible to prove claims, based on nothing more than fantasy and your ideal of "what should be" whilst at the same time demanding accuracy to 3 decimal places from those you presume to "instruct"

You hide the patent truth when it doesnt fit your world view

you are an expert at manipulating statistics

you claim "such and such" should, must be and IS the only way, whilst offering NO idea of how it can be achieved.

if anyone disputes your point, EVEN whilst agreeing with the broader picture you feel threatened and immediately become abusive.

if all else fails you attack the poster as stupid or use the SIXHIRB method of abuse.

you refuse ALL compromise, whilst expecting total abject agreement from your opponents...

IF ALL ELSE FAILS YOU SHOUT LOUDLY ....I HAVE WON.....and run away in a cloud of the above mentioned abuse.

Dear me someone really has been wound up truely

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Bless please do continue am loving it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:28 pm

you deny the above is true???

Moreover your reply shows the inherent and unarguable truth of it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:30 pm

oh dear, Hilarious....now its about me is it...

(continuing your method of debate).....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:32 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:you deny the above is true???

Moreover your reply shows the inherent and unarguable truth of it....

I think you need to take a chill pill because clearly you are still upset over nothing, it is just a forum and you are again acting like a child.
My arguments stand and it is up to you to disprove them.
Are you of the misguided belief everyone mus agree with you, when you argue with fallacy association all the time?
Do grow up Victor you really are acting the child now
Get over the fact you have no control any more and thank goodness for that, as no doubt you would have banned half the posters by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:34 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:oh dear, Hilarious....now its about me is it...

(continuing your method of debate).....

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

Double standard alert after making accusations about me twice with the same words on two threads

Ha Ha Ha ha Ha

What a hypocrite

Mate you wanna throw your dummy out am happy to laugh even more at you, maybe you were not taught to share as a child, maybe why you are so selfish on everything where you do not want to share a land you do not own

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Not taught toady though as they had yet another day's holiday.  Amazing the strike days nearly always coincide with important diary dates that require specific shopping
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2