NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination

+5
Syl
Tommy Monk
Didgee
Ben Reilly
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination Empty Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:17 pm

Austria has become the first Western democracy to resort to mandatory vaccination in response to a record-breaking surge in infections that has flooded its hospitals with critical COVID-19 patients.

Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg announced Friday that COVID-19 vaccination would be mandatory in the Alpine republic from February 2022.

That makes Austria the first European country — and one of the first in the world — to impose compulsory coronavirus vaccination.

“We have not managed to get enough unvaccinated people to get vaccinated. The most recent measures have increased daily vaccinations but not enough," Schallenberg said. "For a long time, it was consensus in the country that a vaccine mandate is not necessary, but we have to face reality."

Austria will also enter a nationwide lockdown for a maximum of 20 days from next Monday, Schallenberg added.

The decision by Schallenberg, who has only been in the job for just over a month after predecessor Sebastian Kurz stepped down amid a sleaze investigation, marks a dramatic escalation in Vienna’s policy response after Austria’s fourth coronavirus wave went ballistic.

The central European country is grappling with a surging infection rate, as more than 15,000 new cases were reported Thursday, up from 11,000 earlier this week.

Takeup of coronavirus vaccination by Austria’s nine million people has been relatively low by European standards, at 65.5 percent, despite ample availability of doses procured centrally for EU member states.

That reflects a more widespread skepticism in German-speaking countries — in particular in regions where parties of the political far right that have campaigned against pandemic restrictions enjoy strong support.

That, in turn, has left societies wide open to the Delta variant, which is more infectious than earlier iterations of the coronavirus and thrives in colder weather.

https://www.politico.eu/article/austria-mandatory-coronavirus-vaccination-february/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination Empty Re: Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Well, plenty of other vaccines are mandatory. I was reading the other day that American armed forces take dozens of vaccines -- if they don't want them, they're free to leave with a dishonorable discharge.

I've never seen such an angry response to a vaccine as we've seen across the world with the Covid vaccines. People are weird -- they'll fight with all their heart for their right to poison themselves with alcohol, and to not take a potentially life-saving medicine.

I'm sure I'm about to get shouted down, but I just wanted to say my piece Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination 1f60b Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination 1f60b
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination Empty Re: Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:35 pm

I think we are going down a slippery slope when we force people to get a vaccine or “force” them to do anything.

Where will it end? Seriously. If we allow this we may allow anything if enough force is applied.

What happened to free will?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:51 pm

eddie wrote:I think we are going down a slippery slope when we force people to get a vaccine or “force” them to do anything.

Where will it end? Seriously. If we allow this we may allow anything if enough force is applied.

What happened to free will?

I had this debate with someone earlier and you know I am pro vaccine

I am however anti-vaccine mandate, because i am pro-choice and body autonomy

Nobody should be forced to have a vaccine if they do not want to. They should however look at the evidence in how it does reduce illness if you have them and not go off poor fear based lies around vaccines

I just tripped up someone who claimed they were pro-choice and believed vaccine's should be mandatory

I said how can you be pro-choice and then contradict yourself in the same sentence by saying people should be mandated to have vaccine?

They fell over themselves on this

The reality is the present vaccines do very little to hinder the spread of the virus.

Where the vaccines work very well is preventing people becoming seriously ill

This is very different in how in regards to other vaccines, where herd immunity does work very well in preventing others becoming infected, who are unable to get vaccinated due to low immunity.

The key to stopping spreading is by practical means like face masks (proper ones, not the ones at present that are at best 10% effective), less contact, washing hands, covering the moth when coughing etc

The reality is, its hard to get the younger generation on board, when its less likely to effect them in being sensible with this

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 pm

They can fuk right off!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:56 pm

I totally agree with you didge. I am NOT against people having the vaccine, I want to make that clear, but I am against forcing people.
That’s does not sit right with me. It feels to me like people are becoming to compliant.
And compliance is an extremely slippery slope.

Also, we have to keep remembering that the MAJORITY of people who contract Covid do NOT die.
eddie
eddie

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, plenty of other vaccines are mandatory. I was reading the other day that American armed forces take dozens of vaccines -- if they don't want them, they're free to leave with a dishonorable discharge.

I've never seen such an angry response to a vaccine as we've seen across the world with the Covid vaccines. People are weird -- they'll fight with all their heart for their right to poison themselves with alcohol, and to not take a potentially life-saving medicine.

I'm sure I'm about to get shouted down, but I just wanted to say my piece   Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination 1f60b Austria becomes first Western country to resort to mandatory coronavirus vaccination 1f60b

This is a really dumb idea with the armed forces

If you invest billions of pounds to train fighter pilots, soldiers etc and then say they cannot continue service if they are not vaccinated. You diminish your defense capabilities as a nation. As you lose a substantial number of specially trained forces

At the end of the day, I think its wrong to have vaccine mandates, when this is not per say a pandemic

Its endemic, like the flu

We have to start living with this and of course it makes sense to get vaccinated

Though I now hear, that Astrazeneca have developed a Antibody jab that is way more effective than the vaccines out their at present

I very much am a person that backs and will argue in favour of vaccines, but to force people to be vaccinated, creates a two tier society, and will create further unrest within a society

Its a very dumb idea, when as seen this is not really a pandemic. If it was  then hundreds of thousands would be dying weekly

That is not happenning

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Well, I think you can't compare abortion to vaccination, because abortion only affects a woman and her unborn baby, whereas an unvaccinated person can endanger their community and eventually the world in certain scenarios.

I don't mean to downplay anybody's feeling of a right to sovereignty over their bodies, and I do think that good information and logical persuasion is the best way to go. On the other hand, I understand why some people think vaccines should be mandatory, if only to take every possible measure to protect humanity at large.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:19 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, I think you can't compare abortion to vaccination, because abortion only affects a woman and her unborn baby, whereas an unvaccinated person can endanger their community and eventually the world in certain scenarios.

I don't mean to downplay anybody's feeling of a right to sovereignty over their bodies, and I do think that good information and logical persuasion is the best way to go. On the other hand, I understand why some people think vaccines should be mandatory, if only to take every possible measure to protect humanity at large.

You are missing the point:

We are talking about body autonomy here

You either support people to be pro choice or you do not

If you do not, in regards to vaccines, then you contradict yourself

It does not matter how far you span who or what it might effect in others.

You either support people to have a choice over what they do with their bodies or you do not

So which is it?

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:22 pm

I tend to agree with you didge. That’s why I said “Where will this forced vaccine lead?”

Compliancy is dangerous and it feels as though we are being forced to be compliant.

I don’t like it one bit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:26 pm

eddie wrote:I tend to agree with you didge. That’s why I said “Where will this forced vaccine lead?”  

Compliancy is dangerous and it feels as though we are being forced to be compliant.

I don’t like it one bit.

Its only going to lead to a two tier system and sadly violence

When you place major restrictions on peoples lives, through a two tier system of vaccinated and unvaccinated. Its always going to lead to those unvaccinated turning towards more extreme beliefs, as their liberties have been taken away from them

Its a dangerous precedent government's are making which will backfire on them and we are already seeing this happen 

They are treating unvaccinated people like second class citizens

It has become a form of an apartheid system

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Didgee wrote:
eddie wrote:I tend to agree with you didge. That’s why I said “Where will this forced vaccine lead?”  

I don’t like it one bit.

Its only going to lead to a two tier system and sadly violence

When you place major restrictions on peoples lives, through a two tier system of vaccinated and unvaccinated. Its always going to lead to those unvaccinated turning towards more extreme beliefs, as their liberties have been taken away from them

Its a dangerous precedent government's are making which will backfire on them and we are already seeing this happen 

They are treating unvaccinated people like second class citizens

It has become a form of an apartheid system

I have been vaccinated and have now had my booster and people may think I am being over the top comparing to an apartheid system, but that is how it has become

Those unvaccinated are being denied basic civil liberties in now many areas of the west

These governments are not learning from history when you try to use authoritarian measures that divide people into two groups

Those with civil liberties and those denied civil liberties

They are effectively making unvaccinated people as if they have leprosy. Even though the current vaccines fail to stem the spread of covid

I am liberal minded and wish to see people get vaccinated, but the measures I am seeing go against every liberal value and will only lead to ab apartheid system

We are already seeing this based on vaccine passports, the ability to work etc

If people do not see the wrong here, they lack any liberal values

I fail to see how you protect the lives of others, by removing basic civil rights from others

Last edited by Didgee on Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:35 pm

I completely agree.

I want to reiterate I’m not taking this stance because it’s necessarily about a vaccine - I am against forcing people to do anything like this.
It is taking away a human being’s choice. What do we have in life apart from choice?

What pisses me off more is that this virus, although a very harsh form of flu and also highly debilitating for people with health issues, does not pose a serious health risk to the vast majority.
THE VAST MAJORITY.

This movement is going down a very strange road that people need to recognise. The implications could be far-reaching.
eddie
eddie

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:40 pm

The best defence against covid is actually to catch it and let your body's own immune system deal with it... Then you will have a higher level of protection from it than from any vaccine
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The best defence against covid is actually to catch it and let your body's own immune system deal with it... Then you will have a higher level of protection from it than from any vaccine

That’s all well and good but we aren’t discussing that, Tommy.

What do you think of the points in the topic?
eddie
eddie

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Not for people with low or no immune systems like cancer patients

Its how you look at this

Individually or collectively

I would like people to get vaccinated

But its their choice

So you may well be fine allowing yourself to become infected, but are others?

The question is at what price?

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:50 pm

Didgee wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Its how you look at this

But its their choice

By this I am pointing out people should see the bigger picture in what can help prevent more people dying

Again i am anti-vaccine mandate, but pro vaccine

What i would rather is people see, its not just themselves here

I would also like to see Governments not take away peoples civil liberties

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The British Society for Immunology disagrees with you: https://www.immunology.org/coronavirus/connect-coronavirus-public-engagement-resources/covid-immunity-natural-infection-vaccine

But yeah, the topic here is really whether mandating vaccination is a good thing or not.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Didgee wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Its how you look at this

But its their choice

I've said all along, protect the vulnerable groups and let everyone else carry on as normal.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and lolly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:21 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

The British Society for Immunology disagrees with you: https://www.immunology.org/coronavirus/connect-coronavirus-public-engagement-resources/covid-immunity-natural-infection-vaccine

But yeah, the topic here is really whether mandating vaccination is a good thing or not.

Not necessarily true...

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/israeli-study-shows-natural-immunity-delivers-13-times-more-protection-than-covid-vaccines/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Not necessarily true...

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/israeli-study-shows-natural-immunity-delivers-13-times-more-protection-than-covid-vaccines/

How does that pan out for those with low immunity?

natural immunity works best with vaccines

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02795-x

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:28 pm

Guys, I don’t want to sound like a thread-monster but I’d like to stick to the topic of “forcing people to vaccinate”

Please though, do start a thread about what you’re discussing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:30 pm

eddie wrote:Guys, I don’t want to sound like a thread-monster but I’d like to stick to the topic of “forcing people to vaccinate”

I made my points on this Eddie

They stand to be tested and argued against

Its okay for people to diverge on this

Please do not say what people can and cannot say here on this important thread

It all matters in context here

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Didgee wrote:
eddie wrote:Guys, I don’t want to sound like a thread-monster but I’d like to stick to the topic of “forcing people to vaccinate”

Sorry I understand that topics digress but I know where Tommy is taking this - there are many topics where he’s made this point so let’s take that as a given.

I just want to discuss the implications of force. It’s a fairly important topic.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Didgee wrote:

Sorry I understand that topics digress but I know where Tommy is taking this - there are many topics where he’s made this point so let’s take that as a given.

I just want to discuss the implications of force. It’s a fairly important topic.

I agree its important and more so when civil liberties are being denied to people through a two tier system

The point to ask here is where will it end?

I have seen clips of people not being treated because they are unvaccinated, the wrong skin colour etc

These are dangerous precedents that have been played out in the past and it always falls down to what people believe

But to punish people for disbelief in vaccines?

Well, people are simple not learning from history

It does not matter whether what they believe is scientifically wrong

We do not deny civil liberties to religious people who believe in creationism

and rightly so, even though such a belief, is absurd and not backed by science

We do not deny civil liberties to Muslims, Christians etc, even though within some sects of their faith they see homosexuality as a sin

When we start to deny civil liberties to people for their beliefs, no matter how erroneous Then we lose any civil liberties values we ever had.

Because we end up discriminating them for their beliefs

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 pm

Didge. Excellent points.
eddie
eddie

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:57 pm

I dont agree with forcing everyone to have any medication, including the Covid vaccine.

I do agree that people have the right to choose who they employ, allow to travel, accept admission to, etc, human rights work both ways.
Care workers now have to be fully vaccinated, from next Spring frontline NHS workers will also have to be vaccinated, which as they have a duty of care I fully agree with.

It's not a new rule that certain NHS workers have needed to be vaccinated if they want to keep their jobs.
From 2007 some NHS workers have had to be vaccinated against Hepatitis B, no one made a fuss then....why now?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:04 am

Syl wrote:I dont agree with forcing everyone to have any medication, including the Covid vaccine.

I do agree that people have the right to choose who they employ, allow to travel, accept admission to, etc, human rights work both ways.
Care workers now have to be fully vaccinated, from next Spring  frontline NHS workers will also have to be vaccinated, which as they have a duty of care I fully agree with.

It's not a new rule that certain NHS workers have needed to be vaccinated if they want to keep their jobs.
From 2007 some NHS workers have had to be vaccinated against Hepatitis B,  no one made a fuss then....why now?

That may well work with new employees, but how does that legally pan out with existing employees?

You simple cannot change policy without staff interaction

Its why legally policy changes like this will fall foul of the law, if its not Government policy.

Its an absurd policy when we have over 50,000 shortages in the NHS

Its likely to kill off the NHS causing far more numbers of deaths without the care and need of medical help

You are not weighing up the pro's and cons here Syl

As its all well and good making a view on a policy, when its unlikely to make any difference, being that over 80% have been vaccinated

The vaccine is known to help prevent severe illness or death, not prevent spreading it. So the view is to help those vulnerable get vaccinated

It spreads as easily in vaccinated people

So why introduce a policy which will see more people suffer without the care they need?

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:14 am

Many carers decided to have the vaccination when their jobs were at risk.
It's estimated that the same will happen in the coming months with NHS staff.

My feeling is, if you are in the business of caring for folk you should't be the one putting them at more risk.

The vaccination lessens your chances of catching Ccvid, so obviouly lessens your chances of spreading it.
If you do become infected you are less likely to become seriously ill, and obviously less chance of dying.

And I wonder how many NHS workers lost their jobs because they refused the Hepatitis B jab?.
My guess is probably none.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:23 am

Syl wrote:Many carers decided to have the vaccination when their jobs were at risk.
It's estimated that the same will happen in the coming months with NHS staff.

My feeling is, if you are in the business of caring for folk you should't be the one putting them at more risk.

The vaccination lessens your chances of catching Ccvid, so obviouly lessens your chances of spreading it.
If you do become infected you are less likely to become seriously ill, and obviously less chance of dying.

And I wonder how many NHS workers lost their jobs because they refused the Hepatitis B jab?.
My guess is probably none.

How are you putting them at risk when being vaccinated does nothing to stop the spread of the virus?

Vaccines work with singular illnesses like measles with herd immunity, but covid is like the flu

Getting vaccinated, is not going to stop you getting covid or spreading this

What will help prevent this is preventative measures like, wearing viable masks, washing hands etc

I know of a number who have in the west lost their jobs and people denied basic medical care if unvaccinated

You miss the point here

You think like other viruses, being vaccinated will stop the spread with herd immunity

It wont, because like flu, it continually evolves

Its why flu vaccination is offered from a view to help prevent serious illness to those who get this

So explain to me of what benefit it is for medical staff to vaccinate, when its only of benefit to help prevent severe illnesses or death for themselves?

It wont prevent them spreading covid

Over 80% of our population is vaccinated and we have high rates of infection, no matter whether people are vaccinated or not

I am pro vaccine, but discriminating against people who do not want them, will have far greater effects, if you discriminate against them from working

Being the fact if they are vaccinated will have no effect on stemming the spread of covid

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:38 am

From the NHS site....

Research has shown the vaccines help:

reduce your risk of getting seriously ill or dying from COVID19, reduce your risk of catching or spreading COVID-19
protect against COVID-19 variants

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:48 am

Syl wrote:From the NHS site....

reduce your risk of getting seriously ill or dying from COVID19, reduce your risk of catching or spreading COVID-19

People who are fully vaccinated against Covid yet catch the virus are just as infectious to others in their household as infected unvaccinated people, research suggests.

Now a study has revealed that while vaccination against Covid is crucial to preventing severe disease and death, even fully jabbed individuals catch the virus – and pass it on.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/covid-vaccinated-likely-unjabbed-infect-cohabiters-study-suggests

Like I said, vaccinations work best in preventing severe illness and death

They are basically ineffective against the spread of the virus

Its why after the fact many people have been vaccinated, over 80%, we still have high levels of people contracting covid

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:58 am

Didgee wrote:

People who are fully vaccinated against Covid yet catch the virus are just as infectious to others in their household as infected unvaccinated people, research suggests.

Now a study has revealed that while vaccination against Covid is crucial to preventing severe disease and death, even fully jabbed individuals catch the virus – and pass it on.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/covid-vaccinated-likely-unjabbed-infect-cohabiters-study-suggests

Its why after the fact many people have been vaccinated, over 80%, we still have high levels of people contracting covid

Like I said Syl

The best methods are social distancing, specialist masks, regular washing hands, testing etc

The vaccine, does not stop you getting and spreading

So of what use would ensuring people being vaccinated benefit in the medical industry, other than preventing severe illness??

Only those profiting from this

Again implementing mandatory vaccine laws would be an apartheid system

Last edited by Didgee on Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 am

Didgee wrote:

It's not in doubt now that fully vaccinated people who catch the virus are just as infectious as the unvaccinated.

The point i am making is, research shows they are LESS likely to catch the virus so LESS likely to infect others.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:02 am

Didgee wrote:
Didgee wrote:

Like I said Syl

The best methods are social distancing, specialist masks, regular washing hands, testing etc

The vaccine, does not stop you getting and spreading

So of what use would ensuring people being vaccinated benefit in the medical industry, other than preventing severe illness??

Only those profiting from this

Again implementing mandatory vaccine laws would be an apartheid system

We will have to agree to disagree re the vaccine.
I agree that hand washing, mask wearing and keeping a distance is also helping to stop spread.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:03 am

Syl wrote:
Didgee wrote:

It's not in doubt now  that fully vaccinated  people who catch the virus are just as infectious as the unvaccinated.

The point i am making is, research shows they are LESS likely to catch the virus so LESS likely to infect others.

There is zero evidence they are less likely to catch it

This is evident, from the fact the one country that has vaccinated  near all its population is Israel and has seen many waves of covid

Herd immunity helps decrease the risk, but as seen, this does not work with covid

Look at the data of Israel which as the most advanced vaccine program

If the issue is on severity, then the issue is vaccinating those venerable, to reduce the severity, if they catch

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:07 am

Syl wrote:

My guess is probably none

Here is my answer to your answer, (edited post), and in bold.
Read it and understand that this is the truth:

Hepatitis B.
It wasn’t in the news and there was no media scare, no daily figures, no threat, no daily media coverage, no lockdown. No....nothing.
Or was there and I missed it?

If so: Did any workers lose their jobs when they refused the Hepatitis B jab? Was it in the news? Why was it in the news? Was there a pandemic? If there was, why wasn’t there a lockdown? Was the hepatitis B pandemic only as big as its audience?

Confused. scratch
eddie
eddie

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:10 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hepatitis B.
It wasn’t in the news and there was no media scare, no daily figures, no threat, no daily media coverage, no lockdown. No....nothing.

If so: Did any workers lose their jobs when they refused the Hepatitis B jab?  Was it in the news? Why was it in the news? Was there a pandemic? If there was, why wasn’t there a lockdown?  Was the hepatitis B pandemic only as big as its audience?

Confused. scratch

Er Eddie, you will only get this through actual physical contact through things like sexual intercourse, anal sex etc

Its not airborne like covid

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:18 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hepatitis B.

If so: Did any workers lose their jobs when they refused the Hepatitis B jab?  Was it in the news? Why was it in the news? Was there a pandemic? If there was, why wasn’t there a lockdown?  Was the hepatitis B pandemic only as big as its audience?

Confused. scratch

There was no fuss about some NHS workers being required to have the Hepatitis B jab because people didn't make a big fuss about it. Just as kids have for decades, had all the regular shots to prevent childhood illnesses without parents kicking up a fuss.

Why the Covid vaccination has brought out all the antivax idiots, when no other vaccine in my memory has had the same effect.....is baffling to me.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:21 am

I am still confused.

I was confused as to why you brought up Hepatitis B in a conversation about Covid.

Are you making a point about key workers refusing the Hepatitis B jab? Was it a big deal back then?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:23 am

Didgee wrote:
eddie wrote:

Hepatitis B.

Confused. scratch

Er Eddie, you will only get this through actual physical contact through things like sexual intercourse, anal sex etc

And blood transference.
I doubt surgeons are having sexual intercourse with their patients.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:26 am

Didgee wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hepatitis B.

Confused. scratch

Okay? But....I.never brought up Hepatitis B. Not sure why I need to know HOW it’s transmitted - perhaps you should address this post to Syl, seeing as how she brought up this virus?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:26 am

eddie wrote:I am still confused.

I was confused as to why you brought up Hepatitis B in a conversation about Covid.

Are you making a point about key workers refusing the Hepatitis B  jab? Was it a big deal back then?

I brought it up.
Surgeons and other frontline NHS workers have had to be vaccinated against Hepatitis B for years, so them having to be vaccinated for Covid is not revolutionary.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:30 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I am still confused.

Are you making a point about key workers refusing the Hepatitis B  jab? Was it a big deal back then?

I brought it up.
Surgeons and other frontline NHS workers have had to be vaccinated against Hepatitis B for years, so them having to be vaccinated for Covid is not revolutionary.

Okay. So key workers are being vaccinated for something that’s been around for years, which is Hepatitis B
So....

Does that mean that key workers now have to simply just accept being vaccinated for a new virus?
Because we have been accepting vaccines for years, do we now just have to keep accepting them?
Are you an actual person if you’re a key worker, or are you a robot?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:37 am

My point was it is mandatory for some NHS workers to have the hepatitis B vaccine for the health of their patients....and of course themselves.

Same thing with Covid....
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:38 am

Off to bed, sleep well x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:48 am

Syl wrote:My point was it is mandatory for some NHS workers to have the hepatitis B vaccine for the health of their patients....and of course themselves.

Same thing with Covid....

But you never answered my questions and I stuck to what YOU brought up and I stayed with YOUR point and YOU still didn't address the points I was asking, about a point that YOU made!

Oh well. Sleep well! See you soon.

Basketball
eddie
eddie

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:14 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hepatitis B.

Confused. scratch

There was no fuss about some NHS workers being required to have the Hepatitis B jab because people didn't make a big fuss about it. Just as kids have for decades, had all the regular shots to prevent childhood illnesses without parents kicking up a fuss.

Why the Covid vaccination has brought out all the antivax idiots, when no other vaccine in my memory has had the same effect.....is baffling to me.

The answer to me is simple - social media scaremongering. There’s so much disinformation on social media it is a travesty. If has affected other issues in the past, but imo none more so than the response to Covid and vaccines. From the off there were fear stories and over the top outrage. Had this been the 90s, people would’ve got on with it and there’d be no major controversy. Now, everything has to be a dividing line. Social media, which has its benefits, also has a lot to answer for.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:57 am

Eilzel wrote:
Syl wrote:

The answer to me is simple - social media scaremongering. There’s so much disinformation on social media it is a travesty. If has affected other issues in the past, but imo none more so than the response to Covid and vaccines. From the off there were fear stories and over the top outrage. Had this been the 90s, people would’ve got on with it and there’d be no major controversy. Now, everything has to be a dividing line. Social media, which has its benefits, also has a lot to answer for.

I agree on your sentiments about social media and how people buy into scare stories, but the point here is how Governments are mandating policies that deny people basic civil liberties Les

This is wrong on every level

If people want to be stupid, whether that be drinking, smoking, drugs etc, this is their choice. Just as it is if people buy into nonsense stories about vaccines being bad for them. Applying rules that discriminate against people unvaccinated is as I have said before a dangerous precedent that creates a two tier system, one of which cast people as outcasts

You know more than anyone how this is a very ill informed measure to make

The reality is this, the vaccines have been beneficial to the extent they have reduced the risk of serious illness and death

They have however failed to prevent the spread of covid. Everyone can see how in this aspect the vaccines have failed  in preventing the spread and how easily ant-vaxxers will pick up on this. What is needed is by scientists to admit that it does not prevent the spread of covid, but will help prevent people becoming seriously ill. If people can see how claims made are now false, it will lead to people not vaccinating the children to other conditions, which could see a rise again as we have seen with the likes of measles. Which herd immunity does prevent the spread of

Honesty is key here and so much dishonesty around this has helped fuel anti-vaxxer beliefs

I mean we now know that Astrazeneca's antibody jab is way more effective in combating Covid. Not only in reducing the risk of illness and death by 50%, but its far better at protecting the body than the vaccines

This was the issue with pushing through a vaccine during a pandemic so quickly. It was at best guess work

The way to combat disinformation from anti-vaxxers is to show up the results, of which we know have been effective, in how we have reduced the number of deaths and people becoming seriously ill, than before we ever had the vaccines 

The reality is, we have to now learn to live with covid and just like the flu vaccine, it does not hinder the spread of flu, but is there to help diminish the effects if people catch the virus

We have to open minded as to what works best, but restricting peoples lives is a massive no, no mate

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/astrazeneca-covid-antibody-injection-trials_uk_61977382e4b0f398af038551

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:51 am

Didgee wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Not necessarily true...

How does that pan out for those with low immunity?

natural immunity works best with vaccines

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02795-x

I already said, protect the vulnerable groups, let them have the vaccines if needed, and let everyone else carry on as normal.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next