NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doesn't this woman look fabulous.

5 posters

Go down

Doesn't this woman look fabulous. Empty Doesn't this woman look fabulous.

Post by Syl Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:49 pm

I am not going to say the old cliché, 'for her age', but her age does have to be mentioned...she is 88.
Always glamorous, always healthy looking, she has obviously stayed away from overdoing the stuff many people overdo in life.

Good for her.
I am sure there are plenty others, either in or out of the public eye that manage to stay fit, active, and gorgeous in their later years too.

Doesn't this woman look fabulous. 46831610
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Doesn't this woman look fabulous. Empty Re: Doesn't this woman look fabulous.

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:34 pm

She looks to have had a lot of work done.  There is an opening scene in the film, Just Go With It, with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler, in which a plastic surgeon goes around a room at a party and points out all the patients he has worked on.

They all have that plastered, bright, open-faced look that this woman has.  But, no mobility in her facial muscles.  You're left to wonder....can she close those eyes when she sleeps?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:23 pm

Actually Quill, I think she is one of the few actresses who hasn't had a lot of work done.
She had avoided the trout pout and the wind tunnel look that many women decades younger than her get.
She also does quite a lot of talk shows here, and she is very animated when she talks, another sign that her face hasn't been stretched.
Her features haven't changed a great deal from when she was young.

Doesn't this woman look fabulous. 5fbfa510
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Joan Collins has always been fabulous and glamorous and beautiful from a young age

''wind tunnel look''

Twisted Evil

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:46 pm

She can tell some fascinating stories too, she is a very gutsy woman....and she often names names.
On this occasion she had been warned not to., pity.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:20 pm

I admire her for taking so much trouble to keep so good. I'd have to get up around midnight to look that good at 9:00am.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Vintage wrote:I admire her for taking so much trouble to keep so good. I'd have to get up around midnight to look that good at 9:00am.

Laughing
I doubt it Vintage....but I know what you mean, to look so well groomed everytime you show yourself in public isn't easy, especially if you are 88 years old.
The queen is another lady who never has a hair out of place. Granted she has ladies in waiting, but I bet sometimes she would rather slop about in a pair of elastic waisted joggers than get all suited up.
Even putting tights on at the age of 95 must be a strain. Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:10 pm

Vintage wrote:I admire her for taking so much trouble to keep so good. I'd have to get up around midnight to look that good at 9:00am.

eeeh Gads, i'd need a whole team of miniature stonemasons and plasterers and painters working on my fizzog and even after all the hard work i still wouldn't dare take the matchsticks out of my eyes,,,,not at 9.00am

No

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:50 pm

Gave up tights years ago, no matter how careful they always felt as if they were twisted around my legs, used to irritate me no end. If i tried to straiten them I inevitably made large holes in them. Decided to stick to knee highs and long skirts or trousers - easier for work anyway (the trousers that is).

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Honestly, I doubt whether anyone looks good without spending a lot of time and effort, and some money, on looking good.

Joan wears wigs for a start....something I would invest in (hate this white hair) if I could stand wearing a wig....I know I couldn't.
Back in the day, I had a hairpiece, they were in fashion, I only wore it a couple of times, it made my head itch.
It ended up in the dogs basket, I think she thought it was her mum Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:57 pm

Vintage wrote:Gave up tights years ago, no matter how careful they always felt as if they were twisted around my legs, used to irritate me no end. If i tried to straiten them I inevitably made large holes in them. Decided to stick to knee highs and long skirts or trousers - easier for work anyway (the trousers that is).

Same here Vintage, I haven't worn tights for years.
Bare legs in summer, leggings in winter.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:50 am

As expected, no men (apart from Quill, and he had nothing good to say about her) enters a thread about older women. Rolling Eyes

I bet if I had put up a thread about a Dolly bird they might have contributed more. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:03 pm

I suppose people like Joan are used to having to be glamorous or maybe its how she wants to be.
I think its sad though that women feel they have to jump through hoops to keep looking young and glamorous enough to be noticed or taken anything like seriously. It should be about aging gracefully and being accepted for the person you are not what you look like.
There's a video about how a woman in her 80's with wrinkles and lines everywhere, showing how she literally transforms herself with make up, its quite impressive but all still fake in the end.
I wear a bit of make up, like eye shadow and mascara because being so light skinned and now having white hair my face is sort of disappearing into a hazy white blur. I never could stand covering my face in foundation and powder though. My most exaggerated makeup was the Twiggy eyes.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:27 pm

I think she is just one of those women who likes to always look good, I don't blame her tbh, though as we said, it's hard work to look like that every time you step out the door.
Though in her case, she certainly doesn't mind showing the world her natural face.
She made a film a couple of years ago where she went completely bare faced, playing an older  woman looking for love.
She was 85 then, still working in films at her age is a fête in itself.

url=https://servimg.com/view/19418632/336]Doesn't this woman look fabulous. 0_gerr10[/url]
Doesn't this woman look fabulous. Prod-t10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:38 pm

Have to say she still looks good without makeup. She has the bone structure.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Hmmmm who knows how much work she’s had done. I read she stays slim by hardly eating, or a very strict, sparse diet.
I can’t say I care for her tbh. I’ve seen her interviewed a few times and she’s hardly “warm” but perhaps the interviewer isn’t very good.

But like I say, who really knows? It’s media photographs, stories etc so.... Doesn't this woman look fabulous. 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:40 am

eddie wrote:Hmmmm who knows how much work she’s had done. I read she stays slim by hardly eating, or a very strict, sparse diet.
I can’t say I care for her tbh. I’ve seen her interviewed a few times and she’s hardly “warm” but perhaps the interviewer isn’t very good.

But like I say, who really knows? It’s media photographs, stories etc so.... Doesn't this woman look fabulous. 2190311264

I like watching interviews, at least you hear what the person has to say directly, rather than reading about someone elses  opinion about whoever they are writing about.

I like joan Collins interviews. She did one with American talk show host Larry King not long ago, she is open and imo interesting.
Maybe not obviously warm, but she is quick witted and very astute.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:04 pm

And just to show I am nothing if not fair, Liam Neeson is in his 70th year....not as old as Joan, but then not many working actors are.
He is still a fine looking man, and he is still getting lead roles in big films, quite a fête in todays youth obsessed world.

Doesn't this woman look fabulous. Liam-n10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:13 pm

Liam Neeson was born in 1952...a mere baby. It's in one's 70's where gravity takes hold.

Joan Collins was born in 1933 - not even close.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:52 am

I know he is younger, still old by Hollywood standards though, especially to be playing lead roles.

Men do fare better, not because they look any better, more because studeo bosses are usually male.

That's why women like Joan, and a few others, should be congratulated.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:19 am

OK. I'll give them that. cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:OK.  I'll give them that. cheers

Good, they deserve it.
Joan has also talked about the way stars of her day dealt with the Harvey Weinstein characters. No 'Me too' movement back then, a slap and a well placed knee was how they had to handle this sort of abuse....and she says she was quite good at it too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:06 pm

Another woman who has bucked the trend of being ignored by the entertainment industry once she reached her her 70's....fabulous English actress Helen Mirren.
I met her a good while ago she was giving my OH the eye, and because I kind of like her, I didn't mind one bit. Cool

Doesn't this woman look fabulous. Helen-10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:31 pm

She does look good...because she screams class.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:43 pm

Syl wrote:Another woman who has bucked the trend of being ignored by the entertainment industry once she reached her  her 70's....fabulous English actress Helen Mirren.
I met her a good while ago she was giving my OH the eye, and because I kind of like her, I didn't mind one bit. Cool

Doesn't this woman look fabulous. Helen-10

Yes, it's hard to separate appearance from class, or sophistication.  I like her, and thus I think she's beautiful.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down