NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final episode of 'The Viewpoint' wont be shown as star faces multiple sexual harrassment allegations

+3
eddie
Ben Reilly
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Final episode of 'The Viewpoint' wont be shown as star faces  multiple sexual harrassment allegations  Empty Final episode of 'The Viewpoint' wont be shown as star faces multiple sexual harrassment allegations

Post by Syl Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:39 pm

"VIEWPOINT has been cancelled by ITV following news leading star Noel Clarke has been suspended by Bafta after allegations of sexual harassment were made against him.
In a statement, ITV said: “ITV has a zero tolerance policy to bullying, harassment and victimisation and robust procedures in place to investigate and deal with any complaints.

“We strongly believe that everyone deserves to work in a supportive and safe environment.

“In light of the very serious nature of the allegations against Noel Clarke raised by 20 women in the Guardian’s report, ITV has decided it is no longer appropriate to broadcast the final episode of the drama Viewpoint on ITV main channel this evening.

“We are mindful that some of our viewers have already invested four hours of their time over the past four nights in following this thriller which was due to conclude this evening, and they have yet to see the final episode."

[b]

Final episode of 'The Viewpoint' wont be shown as star faces  multiple sexual harrassment allegations  Noel-c10

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1430339/Viewpoint-cancelled-ITV-Noel-Clarke-sexual-harassment-allegations-Bafta-suspension
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Final episode of 'The Viewpoint' wont be shown as star faces  multiple sexual harrassment allegations  Empty Re: Final episode of 'The Viewpoint' wont be shown as star faces multiple sexual harrassment allegations

Post by Syl Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:53 pm

"Noel Clarke has said he is "seeking professional help" following allegations of sexual harassment and bullying.

"The actor and director said in a statement the claims had "made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways I did not intend or realise".

He added: "To those individuals, I am deeply sorry. I will be seeking professional help to educate myself and change for the better.
I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or criminal wrongdoing,"

I doubt over 20 women who have worked with him over several years on different projects can be wrong.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Final episode of 'The Viewpoint' wont be shown as star faces  multiple sexual harrassment allegations  Empty Re: Final episode of 'The Viewpoint' wont be shown as star faces multiple sexual harrassment allegations

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:41 pm

I tend to think that while some of the accusations might be overblown, there must be something there.

Why do so many men seem to turn into sexual predators when they get a little fame/power?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:48 pm

What exactly was he supposed to have done? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:59 pm

This is from The Guardian:

"They variously accuse him of sexual harassment, unwanted touching or groping, sexually inappropriate behaviour and comments on set, professional misconduct, taking and sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent, and bullying between 2004 and 2019."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:01 pm

Details here: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/29/actor-noel-clarke-accused-of-groping-harassment-and-bullying-by-20-women
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Details here: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/29/actor-noel-clarke-accused-of-groping-harassment-and-bullying-by-20-women

Blimey, that's quite a list.

Looks like his brilliant career is over.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat May 01, 2021 12:06 am

eddie wrote:What exactly was he supposed to have done? scratch

The more you read about him the more of a dirty dog he is. He filmed some couple having sex and put it on some public site. He's an ex burglar apparently. The problem with these people is they start to believe their own hype and think they're above everyone else. What a clown.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 01, 2021 12:07 am

Syl wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Details here: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/29/actor-noel-clarke-accused-of-groping-harassment-and-bullying-by-20-women

I’d like to hear his side. Just because I have to.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 01, 2021 12:17 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I’d like to hear his side. Just because I have to.

Yes .....so far he has just apologised..... he has said in a statement

"The claims had made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways I did not intend or realise".To those individuals, I am deeply sorry. I will be seeking professional help to educate myself and change for the better.
I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or criminal wrongdoing"
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 01, 2021 12:24 am

I have been glued to 'The Viewpoint' this week.
A 5 parter, the last episode was to be shown tonight.
ITV cancelled it after all this has been over the news.
It can now be seen on ITV Hub.

I had never heard of Noel Clarke before I watched him in this....the series has been brilliant, and he was great in it.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 01, 2021 12:24 am

Yes I read that and that’s what makes me wonder if he’s a bit like me...will just overstep boundaries (not groping obviously!) by being a bit open and upfront.

Like did he simply touch someone on the arm or tap someone’s bottom in a friendly way? I slap my female colleagues arses all the time. Did he share a sexual, yet funny, video from YouTube etc and some people thought it inappropriate?

I’m not defending him or condemning him until I know what these allegations are. That’s all I’m saying.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 01, 2021 12:28 am

eddie wrote:Yes I read that and that’s what makes me wonder if he’s a bit like me...will just overstep boundaries (not groping obviously!) by being a bit open and upfront.

Like did he simply touch someone on the arm or tap someone’s bottom in a friendly way? I slap my female colleagues arses all the time. Did he share a sexual, yet funny, video from YouTube etc and some people thought it inappropriate?

I’m not defending him or condemning him until I know what these allegations are. That’s all I’m saying.

Ben posted a long list of allegations earlier in the thread.....a lot more than arse slapping.
Obviously none of them have been proven yet.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 01, 2021 12:30 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Yes I read that and that’s what makes me wonder if he’s a bit like me...will just overstep boundaries (not groping obviously!) by being a bit open and upfront.

Ben posted a long list of allegations earlier in the thread.....a lot more than  arse slapping.
Obviously none of them have been proven yet.

Okay fair enough. Just read that. I stand corrected. He sounds like a piece of shit if it’s true.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 pm

Playing Devils advocate  here for a minute.

It does seem that he has been suddenly built up mightily just to be slapped down with a vengeance.

I had never heard of him till this week. He may have been around for 10 years, but his profile has certainly rocketed recently with his  BAFTA  award, and his long and somewhat nervous speech following it, (he obviously knew all this was about to come crashing down)

The series showing all this week on prime time ITV, where he is hardly off screen for five hour long episodes, gave him more popularity than ever with a wide audience....then this comes out before the week has ended.

His name is mud, his BAFTA membership and award is suspended, the drama "The Viewpoint"  is scrapped before the finale, and TV and film companies wont be touching him with a bargepole from now on.

Brilliant timing??

This alleged abuse of 20 women apparently happened over several years, yet suddenly, everyone is speaking out publicly at once.

Police have been informed, no investigation is taking place at present. It'll be interesting to see whether he is actually charged with anything and what will become of that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 01, 2021 8:27 pm

He had a pretty big part in Doctor Who some years ago, he went on to star in a few gritty dramas and then he directed a few gritty dramas.

Why is there no investigation?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 02, 2021 12:30 am

eddie wrote:He had a pretty big part in Doctor Who some years ago, he went on to star in a few gritty dramas and then he directed a few gritty dramas.

Early days I suppose.
I suspect an investigation will follow their enquiries.
Another 7 women have now come forwards with complaints.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 02, 2021 1:43 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:He had a pretty big part in Doctor Who some years ago, he went on to star in a few gritty dramas and then he directed a few gritty dramas.

Early days I suppose.
I suspect an investigation will follow their enquiries.
Another 7 women have now come forwards with complaints.

It’s a cliche for a reason....”there’s no smoke without fire”. I don’t like cliches much but sometimes they’re true.

Which is why they are cliches, I guess.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Accusations against Noel Clarke are still coming in thick and fast.
He is either a serial abuser of women, mistreating every woman he has been in  the same room with for more than 5 minutes... or every woman who has ever rubbed shoulders with him is jumping on the bandwagon.

No pollce charges have yet been brought.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/noel-clarke-accused-of-sexual-harassment-on-set-of-doctor-who/ar-BB1gtBJp?ocid=msedgntp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat May 08, 2021 3:03 pm

He's obviously a total weasel, and has been found out!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I tend to think that while some of the accusations might be overblown, there must be something there.

Why do so many men seem to turn into sexual predators when they get a little fame/power?

Why do you qualify it to "fame/power"?  The fame and power just brings it to your attention.  Nothing has transpired to change them...it is what it is.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I tend to think that while some of the accusations might be overblown, there must be something there.

Why do you qualify it to "fame/power"?  The fame and power just brings it to your attention.  Nothing has transpired to change them...it is what it is.
That's interesting.
I thought this sounded odd the way his lawyer disputed one of the women's claims....

"Another woman, a runner and driver on the early seasons of the revived Doctor Who, claims that while she was driving Mr Clarke he would touch her inappropriately, repeatedly ask her to go to his hotel room for sex and make sexually explicit remarks to her.

Jenna (not her real name) said she complained to an assistant director on the BBC show, and as a result was put on different duties.

Mr Clarke strongly denied the allegations. His lawyers said any suggestion that he would be allowed to behave that way because of his perceived power was “entirely implausible” because he was near the start of his career."

Since when did an abuser of women need power or status to abuse?

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 4:37 pm

Yet another lame excuse offered by Clark's lawyers.

"Another former runner on Doctor Who alleges Clarke sexually harassed her and another female coworker in a bar at the Holland House Hotel in Cardiff, in the mid-2000s, following a work event.
Monica (not her real name) claims that when the women rejected Mr Clarke’s advances he became “rude” and “aggressive” and that the next day he spread false rumours about them on set.

Clarke strongly denied the allegation. ]His lawyers said there would have been no real need or purpose for him to be in the hotel bar because he does not drink."
. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat May 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Bars serve non alcoholic drinks... Does he not drink anything?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 5:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I think he needs a new legal team.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat May 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I think he needs a new legal team.

What a dumb defense. Bars have women. Often times drunk women. Men looking for a little "romance" will go there regardless of whether they drink.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 pm

The trouble is, IF this is true, (and there are too many women coming forward to truly doubt it now), it’s their word against his.
How do you go about proving a remark, or a touch, that wasn’t witnessed by somebody or recorded?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 11:39 pm

eddie wrote:The trouble is, IF this is true, (and there are too many women coming forward to truly doubt it now), it’s their word against his.  
How do you go about proving a remark, or a touch, that wasn’t witnessed by somebody or recorded?

Many crimes are judged from one persons word against the other with no actual proof.
Rape usally has no witnesses, historical  crimes too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 09, 2021 12:13 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:The trouble is, IF this is true, (and there are too many women coming forward to truly doubt it now), it’s their word against his.  

Many crimes are judged from one persons word against the other with no actual proof.

True enough, fair point. I don’t like making assumptions but in this case, there seem to be too many women coming forward for there not to be something in it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 09, 2021 12:21 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

True enough, fair point. I don’t like making assumptions but in this case, there seem to be too many women coming forward for there not to be something in it.

I agree.....I just like playing devils advocate sometimes. Cool

I do believe though, that some women will always tag on and complain that they were abused because some bloke twanged their bra strap 40 years ago......move on FGS. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 09, 2021 12:27 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I do believe though, that some women will always tag on and complain that they were abused because some bloke twanged their bra strap 40 years ago......move on FGS. Rolling Eyes

I agree. It’s hard to draw the line between real and stupid accusations. Which is damaging when the accusations are real and genuine.
eddie
eddie

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 09, 2021 11:44 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I agree. It’s hard to draw the line between real and stupid accusations. Which is damaging when the accusations are real and genuine.

Exactly. The recent US 'Me too' movement turned into a farce, as did Operation Yewtree here.
Both started off investigating horrendous sexual crimes, both ended up with women coming out of the woodwork to get their names in the papers.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 09, 2021 2:14 pm

The boy who cried wolf was as damaging to the flock as the actual wolf.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 09, 2021 2:23 pm

Maddog wrote:The boy who cried wolf was as damaging to the flock as the actual wolf.

That's rather profound for you... Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:The boy who cried wolf was as damaging to the flock as the actual wolf.

Sometimes crazy shit pops into my head from like a different dimension... Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 09, 2021 5:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Sometimes crazy shit pops into my head from like a different dimension... Cool

Wow....but be careful to not hurt yourself. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down