NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minder star George Cole dies at 90 - after asking director to hurry up on final project because he wanted to make one more film before he died

Go down

Minder star George Cole dies at 90 - after asking director to hurry up on final project because he wanted to make one more film before he died   Empty Minder star George Cole dies at 90 - after asking director to hurry up on final project because he wanted to make one more film before he died

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:56 am

• Veteran actor George Cole lived in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
  • Minder star had celebrated his 90th birthday in April this year 
  • Understood to have been fighting an illness for sometime 
  • Hoped to star in one more movie and had urged director to 'get a move on' 

Veteran actor George Cole – best known as loveable rogue Arthur Daley from the TV series Minder - has died aged 90 
Mr Cole was said to have been fighting an illness for sometime.
His career has spanned more than 60 years and before he passed away he had urged a director to hurry up because he wanted to make one more film.
Scroll down for video 
Minder star George Cole dies at 90 - after asking director to hurry up on final project because he wanted to make one more film before he died   00042AB100000258-0-image-a-15_1438855816511

+6
George Cole -  best known for his portray of Arthur Daley in the ITV drama Minder - has died aged 90
Minder star George Cole dies at 90 - after asking director to hurry up on final project because he wanted to make one more film before he died   0076F0C3000004B0-3186863-image-a-21_1438857275376

+6
Co-stars: Mr Cole starred with friend Dennis Waterman in Minder, which ran from 1979 until 1994
Minder star George Cole dies at 90 - after asking director to hurry up on final project because he wanted to make one more film before he died   2B24EE8F00000578-3186863-image-a-20_1438856519966

+6
Mr Cole pictured with wife Penny was understood to have been battling an illness for sometime
Spencer Hawken told how he had spoken to the veteran star last year to tell him the movie, Road Rage, had been delayed.
'The last time I spoke to George was to let him know the movie had been delayed and he said 'please get a move on, I would like to make another movie before I die',' he said.
'I am absolutely mortified.'
A spokesman for Associated International Management confirmed that Mr Cole had passed away.
It was understood his Minder co-star Dennis Waterman was informed of his death last night. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3186863/Arthur-Daley-star-George-Cole-dead-aged-90-asking-director-hurry-final-project-wanted-make-one-film-died.html#ixzz3i207VcQm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

RIP George

Back to top Go down

Minder star George Cole dies at 90 - after asking director to hurry up on final project because he wanted to make one more film before he died   Empty Re: Minder star George Cole dies at 90 - after asking director to hurry up on final project because he wanted to make one more film before he died

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down