NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Dear God, please help me to hate white people.”

+7
Vintage
Syl
Didgee
Ben Reilly
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
Maddog
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

“Dear God, please help me to hate white people.” - Page 3 Empty “Dear God, please help me to hate white people.”

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

“Dear God, please help me to hate white people.” - Page 3 Dear_110

“Dear God, please help me to hate white people.” - Page 3 Dear_211

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLaniwqBxCI/

Best I can tell, its a real book and on the NY Times best seller list.

I would honestly like to be proven wrong about the validity of this.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

“Dear God, please help me to hate white people.” - Page 3 Empty Re: “Dear God, please help me to hate white people.”

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:39 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

And you're so caught up in your gang obligations, that you've lost the discussion entirely.

This isn’t about me, or education at all. It’s about two cultures that cannot get along at all, but are living in the same geography and political sphere. Its about blacks, supported by northerners, who believe in freedom and equality; versus southerners who believe in slavery (or the latest iteration), and inequality.

In passing, I point out that the southern ethos has led to a slothful lifestyle, and made inhabitants of the south intellectually lazy, and poor thinkers. That is why they have no stretch of imagination to see/understand the OP book, and a literary plea to ‘hate’ the oppressors: “I want to stop caring about them, individually or collectively. I want to stop caring about their misguided, racist souls, to stop believing that they can be better, that they can stop being racists.”

Stop caring about the cyber war, and start adding to the discussion.

It's about avoiding a question.

The question you want to use to reframe the issue: don't look over here, look over there! Twisted Evil You're upset because I won't let you slip away. Well...that's what you get for trying to slither out of it.

All you have to do is admit that you and your kind were once in favor of slavery, and all the consequences of that flow forth. You had blacks do your work, so you avoided the challenges that built strong minds and strong character. You ask for the protection of a nation that believes in the exact opposite moral premise (equality), so you've had to use trickery, and force, to dodge any semblance of compliance. As a result of this combination, you've become dim-witted, and violent...the worst combination.

The south is a culture with disingenuous aims, accomplished by disingenuous means.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

“Dear God, please help me to hate white people.” - Page 3 Empty Re: “Dear God, please help me to hate white people.”

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:17 am

What part of the bill requires that people be treated differently based on their race?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:42 am

Maddog wrote:
What part of the bill requires that people be treated differently based on their race?

you forgot to add this bit:-

''You're upset because I won't let you slip away. Well...that's what you get for trying to slither out of it.''

have we not got an answer yet?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:06 am

voter suppression is a serious issue

you need to know exactly which policy (sub/section/clause) or whatever it is that does this

otherwise you're just floundering in the dark

gelico
Forum Detective

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:49 am

gelico wrote:voter suppression is a serious issue

you need to know exactly which policy (sub/section/clause) or whatever it is that does this

Have you read Texas Senate Bill 7?  Or the voter suppression bill just passed by the Georgia legislature?  They've learned that if they allow minorities to vote, they will vote out worms like Trump, and vote in two Democratic Senators.

Their answer?  Voter suppression of minority voters.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:23 am

gelico wrote:

voter suppression is a serious issue

He can't find it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:voter suppression is a serious issue

Have you read Texas Senate Bill 7?  Or the voter suppression bill just passed by the Georgia legislature?  They've learned that if they allow minorities to vote, they will vote out worms like Trump, and vote in two Democratic Senators.

yes, so you keep saying, quill

which particulars of this Bill allows for voter suppression and how?

gelico
Forum Detective

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:36 pm

gelico wrote:which particulars of this Bill allows for voter suppression and how?

Voting hours: Limiting voting to the hours that conflict with lower income working hours, disenfranchises minorities who are mostly working class and can't get free.

Identification:  In Texas, there is a provision that id's conform to the names on birth certificates, which in Texas disenfranchises women who have changed their names upon marriage, or kept their married names upon divorce.  Other ploys are used with equal effect.

Mail-in Voting: As with enlarging voting periods, mail-in voting was intended to provide the franchise to less mobile or available people.  All military personnel use mail-in voting.  Students away at university use mail-in voting.  Seniors and the disabled use mail-in voting.  And of course, crucial to those bent on disenfranchising minorities, the working class use mail-in voting in lieu of in-person voting to avoid conflict with working hours.

Reduced Voting Sites: Reducing the number of voting sites in minority neighborhoods limits the opportunities for minorities to vote.

What is really surprising is how lightly those who would restrict voting, simply throw away the right to vote.  Those same people would scream if we restricted guns.  Hell, they scream if some local ordinance requires them to wear a face mask.  Yet, the most fundamental mechanism of democracy, voting, is tossed away as if it was nothing.

And for what?  Is someone robbing a bank?  Is someone shooting up a FedEx distribution facility?  No…the theory is that someone is somehow wrongfully voting.

Oh really, who and how often??

Well, it turns out that there is no evidence of wrongful voting, but there damn well could be!  Well, coulda-beens and shoulda-beens are chimeras.

Necessity precedes invention, and it turns out there is no necessity to voter suppression laws…except to prevent minorities from voting.

Who could be so nonchalant about voting rights?  Autocrats and tyrants.  Twisted Evil

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:41 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, he tried.

Razz
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Maddog wrote:
gelico wrote:

Well, he tried.

Razz

Haha...the confidence of a Jim Crow. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:which particulars of this Bill allows for voter suppression and how?

Voting hours: Limiting voting to the hours that conflict with lower income working hours, disenfranchises minorities who are mostly working class and can't get free.

limited from what to what?  whether a blue collar worker is doing a 9-5pm or a waitress doing a shift from 11-9pm still have access to vote, no?  and that last bit,,,,can't get free what?

Identification:  In Texas, there is a provision that id's conform to the names on birth certificates, which in Texas disenfranchises women who have changed their names upon marriage, or kept their married names upon divorce.  Other ploys are used with equal effect.

what do you mean by provision?  do you mean all married women cannot vote because their names no longer match their birth certificates?  provision doesn't mean it's mandatory, or does it?

Mail-in Voting: As with enlarging voting periods, mail-in voting was intended to provide the franchise to less mobile or available people.  All military personnel use mail-in voting.  Students away at university use mail-in voting.  Seniors and the disabled use mail-in voting.  And of course, crucial to those bent on disenfranchising minorities, the working class use mail-in voting in lieu of in-person voting to avoid conflict with working hours.

if everyone has postal voting then there's no voter suppression

Reduced Voting Sites: Reducing the number of voting sites in minority neighborhoods limits the opportunities for minorities to vote.

perhaps they limited them because no sod turned up to vote and it remained empty all night, perhaps not but it's a possiblity. but regardless if everyone has a postal vote then none of the other points matter.

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:58 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

limited from what to what?  whether a blue collar worker is doing a 9-5pm or a waitress doing a shift from 11-9pm still have access to vote, no?  and that last bit,,,,can't get free what?

what do you mean by provision?  do you mean all married women cannot vote because their names no longer match their birth certificates?  provision doesn't mean it's mandatory, or does it?

if everyone has postal voting then there's no voter suppression

perhaps they limited them because no sod turned up to vote and it remained empty all night, perhaps not but it's a possiblity. but regardless if everyone has a postal vote then none of the other points matter.

The polls in Texas are open for two weeks prior to election day (including weekends). You can vote in any of the dozens of polling places in your county.

Then on election day there are hundreds more open.

And if you're disabled, you can vote by mail. Any human that can fog a mirror can vote of they want to.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:03 pm

Maddog wrote:
gelico wrote:

The polls in Texas are open for two weeks prior to election day (including weekends). You can vote in any of the dozens of polling places in your county.

And if you're disabled, you can vote by mail. Any human that can fog a mirror can vote of they want to.

If that be true then I fail to see where there is any voter suppression

Shocked

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm

gelico wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Shocked

Because we are suppressed if we cant vote 24 hours a day in a drive through.

And we are supposed to be able to mail out (absentee) ballots to people that never requested them, in case they don't have enough sense to request them, then hope that the actually get them and no one else does.  Cool

A bit of info from my county website.

"General elections are held each year on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. Primary elections are scheduled for the first Tuesday in March in even numbered years. Uniform elections are held in May. Early Voting begins up to 17 days prior to any election and continues through the fourth day prior to that election.

Election Workers arrive at the polling place at 6 a.m. on election days and must remain until the polls are closed and results are called in or transported to Election Central.  Polling places for election day are always open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.  Early voting hours vary from election to election."

https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/education-and-training/poll-workers/when-are-election-days-and-what-are-the-hours-worked.html

Anything else you want to know about voting here, just ask.  Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:08 pm

gelico wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Shocked

I submit that you reached that conclusion long before this thread.

Any limitation on the precious right to vote is ipso facto voter suppression. The question is...is the voter suppression merited? There is no evidence that it is merited, as said by some 60 courts over the past year, in dismissing lawsuits brought by Republicans.

If you disagree, put forth the evidence that Republicans could not.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

Shocked

you submit mostly BS imo

is what maddog said correct or not?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

you submit mostly BS imo

I linked the county website.

It's not even really what I'm saying.

I'm just relaying the information.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:57 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

you submit mostly BS imo

In fact, I would submit that voting in Texas, is easier than in most western countries.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3