NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The harsh reality of the world we live in

+2
Syl
eddie
6 posters

Go down

The harsh reality of the world we live in  Empty The harsh reality of the world we live in

Post by eddie Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:20 am

I think these pictures speak for themselves.

The harsh reality of the world we live in  Dc155110

The harsh reality of the world we live in  16b8e410

The harsh reality of the world we live in  E30cab10
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The harsh reality of the world we live in  Empty Re: The harsh reality of the world we live in

Post by eddie Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:20 am

The harsh reality of the world we live in  F193b110

The harsh reality of the world we live in  5ebe6210

The harsh reality of the world we live in  5555a210
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The harsh reality of the world we live in  Empty Re: The harsh reality of the world we live in

Post by eddie Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:21 am

The harsh reality of the world we live in  A325c910

The harsh reality of the world we live in  2a4dbc10

The harsh reality of the world we live in  6fa57a10
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:22 am

The harsh reality of the world we live in  8a358610

The harsh reality of the world we live in  7121cd10

The harsh reality of the world we live in  Fc97cc10
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:23 am

The harsh reality of the world we live in  F0fa3a10

The harsh reality of the world we live in  78d90c10

The harsh reality of the world we live in  78e31b10
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:23 am

The harsh reality of the world we live in  300e8110
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:30 pm

Very cynical....but sadly true for many.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:10 am

eddie wrote:The harsh reality of the world we live in  F193b110

That kid in the middle - they should show him with his own sad lil ipad!

The dad looks like he's up to mischief - he's probably buying up everything on ebay.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:13 am

These sketches hold up a mirror to the world as it is today.
It's uncomfortable to see.
And of  course the pandemic has made things even worse.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:26 pm

It’s a horrible reminder of the way the world has become. Honestly, I don’t use my phone much outside of sending texts and maybe checking out stuff to buy online. I get on the bus to and from work, people are glued to their phones.

Mine sits in my bag. I like to look out of the window.
eddie
eddie

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:53 pm

eddie wrote:It’s a horrible reminder of the way the world has become. Honestly, I don’t use my phone much outside of sending texts and maybe checking out stuff to buy online. I get on the bus to and from work, people are glued to their phones.

The thing about the phone is it has replaced books and the TV for many.

Is there really a difference between reading something on your phone or in a book or magazine.  

I'm on my phone right now in a bathroom gas station in Texas, taking a dump while talking to Brits thousands of miles away. In the old days I would just be staring at the wall.  

Granted, the internet can be a giant time suck, but if you're into reading about the news or all sorts of facts and such, it saves time.  

No one thinks that people reading a book are wasting time.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:57 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:It’s a horrible reminder of the way the world has become. Honestly, I don’t use my phone much outside of sending texts and maybe checking out stuff to buy online. I get on the bus to and from work, people are glued to their phones.

Is there really a difference between reading something on your phone or in a book or magazine.  

I'm on my phone right now in a bathroom gas station in Texas, taking a dump while talking to Brits thousands of miles away. In the old days I would just be staring at the wall.  

Shocked Oh, do hang up. The UK is pleading.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:06 pm

Maddog wrote:

Granted, the internet can be a giant time suck, but if you're into reading about the news or all sorts of facts and such, it saves time.  

Eeew, I'm happy you wasn't responding to me.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:10 pm

Good for you.

So many people now dont see the world around them, they see it through a tiny screen.
They prefer to talk to people online rather than talk to the people next to them.

I dont even have a mobile phone, when I am out I am free.....people should try it, it's great. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:41 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I was multi tasking.

I used to read magazines, now I never go into there without my modern reading material. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:42 am

Now I'm waiting on my Whataburger in Dallas.

And looking at people.

I will admit that my phone usage changes when I am with people.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:08 am

Erm...Maddog was responding to ME whilst taking a poo!
I’m not sure how I feel about that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:36 pm

eddie wrote:Erm...Maddog was responding to ME whilst taking a poo!

Sullied I expect. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:37 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

I was multi tasking.  

I used to read magazines, now I never go into there without my modern reading material.  Cool

What is it about men and reading on the loo?
My OH is sometimes in there that long he could have read War and Peace. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:40 pm

eddie wrote:Erm...Maddog was responding to ME whilst taking a poo!

You were next up.

The poo and the loo had nothing to do with you.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I was multi tasking.  

I used to read magazines, now I never go into there without my modern reading material.  Cool

My OH is sometimes in there that long he could have read War and Peace. Rolling Eyes

The worst thing is when we sit so long our legs fall asleep and we can barely stand up to pull our britches up.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:57 pm

Maddog wrote:Now I'm waiting on my Whataburger in Dallas.

In the bathroom, in a service station?  What's in the Whataburger secret sauce?   affraid

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:10 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

The worst thing is when we sit so long our legs fall asleep and we can barely stand up to pull our britches up.  

That really is the harsh reality of the world we (well you) live in.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:

In the bathroom, in a service station?  What's in the Whataburger secret sauce?   affraid

Gas station Arlington.

Whataburger Dallas.

I'm highly mobile and you would no doubt like my secret sauce.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:17 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Gas station Arlington.  

Whataburger Dallas.

I often think you and Quill would both enjoy sharing your secret sauces.
Make love, not war, eh boys?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I was multi tasking.  

my hubby used to do the same thing, syl

as soon as he came in from work the kids knew if they needed the toilet to go now or it will be out of bounds for ages.

he would roll himself long arsed spliff, a big ol' mug of tea, grab the paper and a pen, and a book (in case he got bored of the crossword) and then just go and park himself in there. after about 20 minutes he would open the door slightly and knock his mug against the door frame which was his way of saying he wanted a refill. he could easily be in there for 45 minutes

when i need a poo i wait till i know i'm ready and i'm in and out in little more time than it takes to have a wee.

i think hubby used to just like to shut himself away to unwind after work. (we didn't have a garden shed)

lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:59 pm

The harsh reality of the world we live in  Wwli10

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:57 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Gas station Arlington.  

Whataburger Dallas.

I often think you and Quill would both enjoy sharing your secret sauces.
Make love, not war, eh boys?

pale
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:22 am

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

my hubby used to do the same thing, syl

as soon as he came in from work the kids knew if they needed the toilet to go now or it will be out of bounds for ages.

he would roll himself long arsed spliff, a big ol' mug of tea, grab the paper and a pen, and a book (in case he got bored of the crossword) and then just go and park himself in there.  after about 20 minutes he would open the door slightly and knock his mug against the door frame which was his way of saying he wanted a refill.  he could easily be in there for 45 minutes

when i need a poo i  wait till i know i'm ready and i'm in and out in little more time than it takes to have a wee.

i think hubby used to just like to shut himself away to unwind after work.  (we didn't have a garden shed)

lol!

lol!

Men....such a strange species. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down