NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piers Morgan resigns from GMB and ITV.

+7
HoratioTarr
Vintage
gelico
Maddog
Original Quill
Andy
Syl
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Piers Morgan  resigns from GMB and ITV. - Page 2 Empty Piers Morgan resigns from GMB and ITV.

Post by Syl Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

After his flounce yesterday morning, he had a meeting with GMB bosses and promptly resigned...(or maybe pushed)

Was he right to voice his opinions so bluntly on national TV....or is this just another example of free speech being clamped down on?

An unprecedented 41,000 people complained, they obviously felt that free speech has boundaries.

"Just as abruptly as he stormed out of the studio on Tuesday morning after his co-host denounced his continued criticism of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Piers Morgan says that he will no longer host ITV’s Good Morning Britain, effective immediately.

This fallout occurred in two parts, but it is predated by years of Morgan chastising Markle for tearing Harry away from the royal family. The first incident took place on Monday following Oprah Winfrey’s explosive interview with the couple. In the interview, Markle shared that, at points, she had suicidal thoughts. She also revealed that a member of the royal family raised concerns about how dark her baby’s skin would be. On Twitter, Morgan labeled the interview an “absolutely disgraceful betrayal” of the Queen. Further, he said that he expected this “vile destructive self-serving nonsense” from Meghan — but not Harry.

Morgan then went on to attack Markle by questioning whether she was being truthful about her mental health, which he was immediately reproached for online. “Just another reminder that anyone who criticizes Meghan Markle is deemed a racist bully,” he tweeted later that same day. Since then, he tried to walk back his insensitive take. But clearly, he didn’t walk back too far.
The second incident occurred on Tuesday while on air. Morgan’s Good Morning Britain co-host, Alex Beresford, had enough of his excessive criticism of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. “I understand that you don’t like Meghan Markle, you’ve made it so clear a number of times on this program,” Beresford said to Morgan. “And I understand that you’ve got a personal relationship with Meghan Markle, or had one and she cut you off…Has she said anything about you since she cut you off? I don’t think she has, but yet you continue to trash her.”

At that point, Morgan stood up abruptly and walked off set, saying: “Okay, I’m done with this. Sorry, no, sorry…see you later, sorry, can’t do this.”

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/piers-morgan-resigns-obsession-meghan-202341751.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Piers Morgan  resigns from GMB and ITV. - Page 2 Empty Re: Piers Morgan resigns from GMB and ITV.

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:56 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's not an alternative view. It's an alternative reality.

He makes up shit. He fabricates things and tries to pass them off as an opinion. He makes ludicrous declarations (like who Harry's father is, or who said something racist, when there isn't a shred of evidence it was ever said) under the pretense of stating facts, when he's simply stating whatever fantasy has popped into his mind.

He doesn't deserve a decent response.  But if you enjoy it, have at it.
He really gets under your skin and so obviously you find fault in everything he says. Laughing

I try to give decent responses to everyone who interacts in a civilised way towards me on forums.
There are some people on forums i wouldn't give the time of day to, but Quill isn't one of them.

Red is a southerner, dumb and violently abusive. His ignorance makes him angry that he can't hold his own in a debate. His anger makes him turn and abuse the messenger.

Once you realize that twofold defect--dumb and angry--you look at him with pity. To me, he's like what my daughter called a yipper dog. If he starts biting your ankle, kick him away.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Piers Morgan  resigns from GMB and ITV. - Page 2 Empty Re: Piers Morgan resigns from GMB and ITV.

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:03 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:
He really gets under your skin and so obviously you find fault in everything he says. Laughing

I try to give decent responses to everyone who interacts in a civilised way towards me on forums.
There are some people on forums i wouldn't give the time of day to, but Quill isn't one of them.

Red is a southerner, dumb and violently abusive.  His ignorance makes him angry that he can't hold his own in a debate.  His anger makes him turn and abuse the messenger.

Once you realize that twofold defect--dumb and angry--you look at him with pity.  To me, he's like what my daughter called a yipper dog.  If he starts biting your ankle, kick him away.

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:06 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I only find fault with his fabrications.

I'm not a big fan of liars.  It's one of my many faults.  
We all like/ dislike different people both on and off forums, it would be boring if we all got on with the same people.
If i dont like someone i tend to ignore them.

I don't really dislike him. I dislike his lies and fabrications.

When he posts something decent I don't mind him at all.

But I think it's asinine to give him a pass when he starts off on his fantasies.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:48 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Red is a southerner, dumb and violently abusive.  His ignorance makes him angry that he can't hold his own in a debate.  His anger makes him turn and abuse the messenger.

Once you realize that twofold defect--dumb and angry--you look at him with pity.  To me, he's like what my daughter called a yipper dog.  If he starts biting your ankle, kick him away.

To an onlooker you both wind each other up....you just use more words to do it. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Piers fell on his own sword. Maybe he flounced cos he's secretly got a new job lined up.

When a woman snubs a man, it's one thing for him to lick his wounds and have a lil bit of a moan for a while - that's understandable.

But ranting nonstop about her, day in, day out, on a massive public platform? Very unprofessional.

The final straw was when he said she was lying about wanting to take her own life. Dangerous nonsense!  Many people who take their lives are the LAST people you'd expect, it's often a shock to their friends and family.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:32 pm

JulesV wrote:Piers fell on his own sword. Maybe he flounced cos he's secretly got a new job lined up.

When a woman snubs a man, it's one thing for him to lick his wounds and have a lil bit of a moan for a while - that's understandable.

But ranting nonstop about her, day in, day out, on a massive public platform? Very unprofessional.

The final straw was when he said she was lying about wanting to take her own life. Dangerous nonsense! Many people who take their lives are the LAST people you'd expect, it's often a shock to their friends and family.

Morgan's credibility has taken a nose dive, from which he will never recover. Now that we know his convictions are paper thin—his answer is to 'book-it' rather than stay in the fray—who can believe him? That's poison for one in the news business.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:12 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

To an onlooker you both wind each other up....you just use more words to do it. Razz

Brevity is the soul of wit.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Razz   Brevity means you cain't got nuttin' to say...

Piers Morgan  resigns from GMB and ITV. - Page 2 Image-asset

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:43 pm

JulesV wrote:Piers fell on his own sword. Maybe he flounced cos he's secretly got a new job lined up.

The final straw was when he said she was lying about wanting to take her own life. Dangerous nonsense!  Many people who take their  lives are the LAST people you'd expect, it's often a shock to their friends and family.

For some time now there has been quite a bit of speculation about plans to launch a Fox News-style “opinionated” current affairs TV station in the U.K. to rival and counter the BBC, and scuttlebutt in the trade is that Piers was definitely interested in being part of it. So you may well be right in suggesting that he has something else lined up.

He was hired by GMB precisely because of his aggressive, self-opinionated and rumbustious style of presenting, much like the U.K. shock-jock John Gaunt with whom I crossed swords on regional radio several times many years ago.

I don’t particularly like Morgan’s style - I did a bit of radio presenting a long time ago and preferred a quieter and more balanced microphone style - but there’s no doubt that from a ratings point of view his approach has been highly successful for GMB. The fact that it has lost so many viewers since his departure will be causing some sleepless nights amount the company’s bean counters because ratings have a direct impact on viewer numbers and, of greater commercial importance, advertising revenue.

Andy has been making much of the 40,000 complaints about him as being of particular relevance. It wasn’t; it was immediately recognised as being a hurriedly orchestrated social media anti-Morgan campaign by the Left (led by a Labour MP of little note!) and was very quickly overtaken by a more spontaneous 80,000+ Campaign for his reinstatement. I.e. no matter what you think of the man himself,  his departure has resulted in a damn site more grief than celebration.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Morgan won't return.
Murdoch would have him in a UK version of Fox News, all he needs is a flashing smile, blond hair and big tits , he would be made for the job.
Andrew Neil is also touting him, as yet another rw commentator for his oh so politically balanced channel.
Aggressive, abrasive and downright rude.
If he carries on in the same vein as he did on Good Morning, most politicians will do as they have done before and simply boycott him.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 pm

I didn’t say that Morgan would return to GMB; I said that in spite of the orchestrated Left wing campaign against him, more than twice as many  people want him back. Not everyone shares your phobia about Right wing commentary and commentators.

Channel 4 is widely regarded as Left leaning; BBC news and current affairs is broadly Left biassed , certainly so far as its leading personnel are concerned, in spite of their Reithian Royal Charter obligations which  demand strict apoliticalism...as befitting a national broadcaster funded by a compulsory public levy, non-payment of which can attract heavy financial penalties and even imprisonment!

And please don’t try to tell me that the Beeb is strictly party politically impartial; it isn’t, and hasn’t been for decades. Even one of its own Directors General described it as being “massively Left.”

That doesn’t particularly worry me, because I’m old enough and savvy enough not to be swayed by a news presentation approach that shows bias either way, but my personal view is that there is most certainly room for a news and current affairs channel that offers a different approach to fashionable Left Wing and woke interpretation of events.

Morgan, in my opinion, would find a natural home on such a channel.

If I have any criticism of his antics over the Markle affair it is that he was most unprofessional in walking off his own studio set over a difference of opinion with a colleague. Aggrieved interviewees  are il-advised to flounce out of an interview (Tory political John Nott famously damn near garrotted himself when he stormed out of a live interview...forgetting that he was still wearing a clip-on microphone!) but the interviewer? Never. Ever!

Last edited by Fred Moletrousers on Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:36 pm

The best interview walk out was when not one, not two, but THREE BeeGees walked out on  sarky Clive Anderson....leaving him looking like a fish out of water. Laughing

Clock the body language of Barry, (the one in the middle) it was obvious he was fuming from the second Anderson called them tossers.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:28 pm

He is outspoken, like him or hate him, so what did the TV companies think was going to happen? I don’t like people getting into trouble over their opinions. It sucks. Let the stupid people complain, they’re still going to tune in and watch the boring programme anyway. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:56 am

GMB  recieved 41,000 complaints after his remarks about Meghan.

Since he resigned, it's reported that viewing figures have dropped by 500,000.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:05 am

Syl wrote:GMB  recieved 41,000 complaints after his remarks about Meghan.

They’ll be back Rolling Eyes

People want a person to speak out and yet when that person does speak their mind, they get upset.

It baffles me that people complain because someone gives an opinion they don’t like.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:06 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:GMB  recieved 41,000 complaints after his remarks about Meghan.

They’ll be back Rolling Eyes

People want a person to speak out and yet when that person does speak their mind, they get upset.

It baffles me that people complain because someone gives an opinion they don’t like.

You know this whole debacle is like the Salem Witch trials and the Witch Mania of the 16th and 17th century.

Witch Mania cases were initiated as a way of settling scores among neighbours or associates rather than any concrete facts with extremely low standards of evidence applied to most of these trials. Thousands upon thousands were executed as witches over two and a half centuries with the largest numbers killed in Germany and Spain.  And all for what?  Because of good old herd behaviour and because nobody had the balls to say..."I don't believe you and I think you're lying!"
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:45 pm

The classic fairy tale 'The Emperors new clothes' taught today's generation nothing. Evil or Very Mad

Talk show host Trish Goddard summed it up the other day, she said 'something along the lines of.. If you hire a Rottwheiler dont be surprised if it bites.

GMB didn't hire him for his Stepford views.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Syl wrote:The classic fairy tale 'The Emperors new clothes' taught today's generation nothing. Evil or Very Mad

Talk show host Trish Goddard summed it up the other day, she said 'something along the lines of.. If you hire a Rottwheiler dont be surprised if it bites.

They might  be replacing him with Victoria Derbyshire.  She can certainly match him for talking over people...it's all she does.  

BTW, did you see the fundraiser someone started for Megs and Haz to pay off their 11 million pound mortgage.  It raised £78!

Piers Morgan  resigns from GMB and ITV. - Page 2 Laugh
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:The classic fairy tale 'The Emperors new clothes' taught today's generation nothing. Evil or Very Mad

They might  be replacing him with Victoria Derbyshire.  She can certainly match him for talking over people...it's all she does.  

BTW, did you see the fundraiser someone started for Megs and Haz to pay off their 11 million pound mortgage.  It raised £78!

Piers Morgan  resigns from GMB and ITV. - Page 2 Laugh

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:02 pm

I have recently started wondering how and why Morgan has switched his political affiliations.He was once very left wing, and editor of the Mirror.
Nowadays,he hates woke, hates the left, hates Democrats, writes for rights wing red tops, appears on Fox News, loves Trump and is touting for work on Fox, with Murdoch and on Neil's rw opinion channel GB News.
Nothing to do with all who are offering him big bucks contracts are on the right or far right of Conservatism/Republican and he is disingenuously
toadying up to them?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Andy wrote:I  have recently  started wondering how and why Morgan  has switched his political affiliations.He was once very left wing, and editor of the Mirror.
Nowadays,he hates woke, hates the left,  hates Democrats, writes for rights wing red tops, appears on Fox News, loves Trump and is touting for work on Fox, with Murdoch and on Neil's  rw opinion channel GB News.
Nothing to do with all who are offering him big bucks contracts are on the right or far right of Conservatism/Republican and he is disingenuously
toadying up to them?

He's probably not changed much, while other groups he used to associate with have.

Even on this forum I see labour supporters tired of wokeism and the like.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:35 am

Andy wrote:I  have recently  started wondering how and why Morgan  has switched his political affiliations.He was once very left wing, and editor of the Mirror.
Nowadays,he hates woke, hates the left,  hates Democrats, writes for rights wing red tops, appears on Fox News, loves Trump and is touting for work on Fox, with Murdoch and on Neil's  rw opinion channel GB News.
toadying up to them?

He hates the Tories too, in case you missed him tearing them apart the last few months (after they spent half a year avoiding him due to how aggressively he questioned them. Tbh the one and only sad part of Morgan leaving is that he can’t grill the government as they ought to be. The BBC has become a joke where the government is concerned now they’re terrified of losing the license fee.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:30 am

Isn't it more the case this Conservative government are actually populist rather than trying to uphold traditional Conservative policies ( which I abhor).
Boris will spout anything to make him look good.
Piers is now siding with the far right of the party, and the likes of Farage and Larry Fox.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:58 pm

Maddog wrote:
toadying up to them?

He's probably not changed much, while other groups he used to associate with have.  

Even on this forum I see labour supporters tired of wokeism and the like.  

I’d say that sounds very plausible, actually.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2