NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will life have changed indefinitely....

+4
Original Quill
Maddog
gelico
Syl
8 posters

Go down

Will life have changed indefinitely.... Empty Will life have changed indefinitely....

Post by Syl Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:04 pm

...even after the lockdown has ended? Has staying in become the new norm for many people.

If you think about it, there is really no need to go out any more.

Instead of travelling to work people have been encouraged to work from home.

Instead of shopping in supermarkets for food, trawling round shopping centres and outlets for necessary items, everything can now be delivered to your doorstep.

No need to pack a suitcase and hop on a plane, train, or drive the car, you can visit wherever you want in the world interactively

No one need ever enter a library or a book store again because now we can google any information we might need.

Facebook, Twitter, Zoom, facetime is now the meeting place for friends and family

Welcome to the future. affraid
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Will life have changed indefinitely.... Empty Re: Will life have changed indefinitely....

Post by Syl Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 pm

And for exercise, have you noticed how many people now have gym equipment in their own homes?
There are shopping channels dedicated to flogging various machinery contraptions that looks like something out of a medieval torture chamber, (or 50 shades) ready to be assembled in your own home or garage.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Will life have changed indefinitely.... Empty Re: Will life have changed indefinitely....

Post by gelico Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:31 pm

I dunno, syl

I took myself for a walk in the park yesterday and it wasn't packed but there were plenty of people about there, also up at the shops.

I think there is just an instinctive need within humans to interact which can't/shouldn't be dampened down

gelico
Forum Detective

Tommy Monk and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Not for me. I'm not a stay at home kind of guy...

The only change I've seen recently is smaller crowds and people wearing masks. I did the exact same thing last night that I did on a Wednesday a year ago. Went to the office, went to homes to perform appraisals. Rode my bike 20 miles with my group after work then had beers with them at a brewery...
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Tommy Monk and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:29 pm

gelico wrote:

I dunno, syl

I took myself for a walk in the park yesterday and it wasn't packed but there were plenty of people about there, also up at the shops.

I think there is just an instinctive need within humans to interact which can't/shouldn't be dampened down

I think you are right that for many people there is an instinctive need to interact physically.....I hope you are right anyway.

We go for regular walks, I have noticed since the last lockdown fewer people are walking, even though we live next to fields with rights of way and  a country park, compared to last year, not as many people are out.
One member of my family has hardly moved out of the house for months...he is young too, yet seems content to stay in playing on games.

Society now makes it possible to never go out if that's what suits....hopefully, come the better weather and the lockdown restrictions being lifted soon, everyone who has got into the habit of staying in all the time, will break it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 15, 2021 12:43 pm

Well as from Monday, in England, many places that have been shut for months, like restaurants, cinemas, children's indoor play areas etc, can open up at long last.

I know  some people won't be going where there will be crowds indoors, and I can understand their reluctance, especially in the areas  of greater Manchester and NW England where the Indian strain is rising quite rapidly.
There was talk that certain places like Bolton and Blackburn may not open up....but the final word is they will....so see how that goes.

I am going for a proper restaurant meal on Monday, the first time I will eat a meal I haven't cooked for myself in well over a year....cant wait.Will life have changed indefinitely.... 3922118137

If anyone else has anything planned for the big re-opening....hope you enjoy it. Will life have changed indefinitely.... 630750432
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat May 15, 2021 1:43 pm

Have fun, yall damn sure deserve it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 15, 2021 4:08 pm

gelico wrote:I think there is just an instinctive need within humans to interact which can't/shouldn't be dampened down

Good point. That's why I don't see why ideologies are built around individualism, and screw the other guys. Humans were made to be social.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 15, 2021 8:39 pm

I think people are itching to get back out. I do wonder about pubs, restaurants etc putting up their prices though.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Syl wrote:Well as from Monday, in England, many places that have been shut for months, like restaurants, cinemas, children's indoor play areas etc, can open up at long last.

I know  some people won't be going where there will be crowds indoors, and I can understand their reluctance, especially in the areas  of greater Manchester and NW England where the Indian strain is rising quite rapidly.
There was talk that certain places like Bolton and Blackburn may not open up....but the final word is they will....so see how that goes.

I am going for a proper restaurant meal on Monday, the first time I will eat a meal I haven't cooked for myself in well over a year....cant wait.Will life have changed indefinitely.... 3922118137

If anyone else has anything planned for the big re-opening....hope you enjoy it. Will life have changed indefinitely.... 630750432

Did you never dine out to help out?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 15, 2021 11:26 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:Well as from Monday, in England, many places that have been shut for months, like restaurants, cinemas, children's indoor play areas etc, can open up at long last.

We did, only for afternoon snacks in a few garden centres.
We haven't actually been in a restaurant since the start of the first lockdown.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 16, 2021 3:40 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

I personally kept an entire country afloat with my dining regiment..
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 22, 2021 12:12 am

I have to admit, I feel like I might have some creeping trauma from the pandemic that I don't want to look at squarely. I may have been putting on a brave face to the point that I fooled myself most of the time.

It was fucking scary, to be honest. At times it felt like the world was ending and it was nobody's fault. I worried a lot about the people I love. I was never that scared of getting the disease myself, but I worried, to myself, a lot about what would happen if someone in my family, or one of my close friends, got seriously ill.

When you become a husband and a stepfather after decades of singledom, that's a lot to deal with. When you immigrate to a new country, you have plenty to overcome and process right there. I suppose I've felt like I've had to take on an undue amount of stress, with the pandemic thrown on top of all the other things I've had to cope with.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 22, 2021 12:30 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I have to admit, I feel like I might have some creeping trauma from the pandemic that I don't want to look at squarely. I may have been putting on a brave face to the point that I fooled myself most of the time.

It was fucking scary, to be honest. At times it felt like the world was ending and it was nobody's fault. I worried a lot about the people I love. I was never that scared of getting the disease myself, but I worried, to myself, a lot about what would happen if someone in my family, or one of my close friends, got seriously ill.

When you become a husband and a stepfather after decades of singledom, that's a lot to deal with. When you immigrate to a new country, you have plenty to overcome and process right there. I suppose I've felt like I've had to take on an undue amount of stress, with the pandemic thrown on top of all the other things I've had to cope with.

Not surprising really.
You did almost overnight what most people take years to do.....and in a strange country on top of trying to cope with something none of us had ever experienced before.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly, eddie and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 22, 2021 12:34 am

Well said Syl.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 22, 2021 12:38 am

Tis true.x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 22, 2021 12:45 am

Syl wrote:Tis true.x

It is. I don’t often give him enough credit. My bad.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 22, 2021 12:51 am

Thanks everyone. Normally, I'm good -- I have a lot of help. It's just sometimes, like all of us, I feel a bit overwhelmed.

I'm in my situation that comes with its own issues, but there are so many people who've had people they love deeply die during the pandemic, and I certainly would never want to trade places with them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 22, 2021 12:57 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Thanks everyone. Normally, I'm good -- I have a lot of help. It's just sometimes, like all of us, I feel a bit overwhelmed.

I'm in my situation that comes with its own issues, but there are so many people who've had people they love deeply die during the pandemic, and I certainly would never want to trade places with them.

It's important to voice your worries or fears though, and just because some people have had it worse, it doesn't diminish your own.
Some of the most upbeat people i know have been quite badly affected over the last year....and they dont even know anyone who has been ill with covid, much less died of it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and eddie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 22, 2021 1:00 am

Well said, again.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat May 22, 2021 4:22 pm

At the moment, many more people are dying from flu than from covid here in UK.

There is still a lot of heightened fear mongering going on here, but hopefully people will start regaining their common sense and putting things in perspective and relaxing.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 22, 2021 4:37 pm

As to the OP question, I think people will be a lot more cognizant of the dual threat of viruses: illness and spread.  Heretofore, colds and flues were simply thought of personally, as in I have the flu and I feel miserable!

Now, they will be a lot more aware of the potential of giving illness to others.  In a personal sense, we've been selfish.  That will end...but it will end in a way that revisits the selfishness: if we allow spread and a pandemic ensues, it could return to hurt us economically as well as constitutionally.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:As to the OP question, I think people will be a lot more cognizant of the dual threat of viruses: illness and spread.  Heretofore, colds and flues were simply thought of personally, as in I have the flu and I feel miserable!

Now, they will be a lot more aware of the potential of giving illness to others.  In a personal sense, we've been selfish.  That will end...but it will end in a way that revisits the selfishness: if we allow spread and a pandemic ensues, it could return to hurt us economically as well as constitutionally.

To be fair though, most people don’t know they have a cold or the flu before symptoms start, so they spread it unknowingly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 23, 2021 3:21 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:As to the OP question, I think people will be a lot more cognizant of the dual threat of viruses: illness and spread.  Heretofore, colds and flues were simply thought of personally, as in I have the flu and I feel miserable!

To be fair though, most people don’t know they have a cold or the flu before symptoms start, so they spread it unknowingly.

I'm talking about the general way that a pandemic works. When they do know they are sick, hopefully they will be more vigilant.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 23, 2021 12:19 pm

As many viruses are passed on by hand, I think people will have naturally become more conscious of washing and sterilising their hands when they have been out in public places.

I know I have...and this is after catching the norovirus just before Covid appeared, I take more care now. I have steriliser in the car and in my bag, something I never bothered with before.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 28, 2021 10:11 pm

In two or three years time, covid will be a distant memory and life will resume as normal.

We were washing our hands fine before all this without devastating effects, I’m pretty sure it will return back to normal.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 28, 2021 10:15 pm

I definitely think the pandemic and the ways we had to change will have at least a somewhat-lasting effect on some people. I could see some people finding that they continue to socially distance, for one. I know it's going to feel really weird the first time I go shopping without putting on a mask.

Then again, I get used to things pretty quickly, so after a week I'll probably barely remember wearing masks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 28, 2021 10:29 pm

I just hope that the whole pandemic doesn’t instil unnecessary fear into people. That would be a real and total waste.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 28, 2021 11:11 pm

eddie wrote:I just hope that the whole pandemic doesn’t instil unnecessary fear into people. That would be a real and total waste.

There are people that have a form of PTSD from this. I think they already had some anxiety, and this kicked into overdrive.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 28, 2021 11:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:I just hope that the whole pandemic doesn’t instil unnecessary fear into people. That would be a real and total waste.

There are people that have a form of PTSD from this. I think they already had some anxiety, and this kicked into overdrive.

Someone told me once when I was a child, that most things you fear never actually come true.

I still hold this to be true. It’s never really failed me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:02 am

'Nothing to fear but fear itself'.....or something like that, can often be true.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:54 am

My hair has changed indefinitely.

I took the opportunity during lockdown to let my hair colour go au naturel....I think I expected my usual dark to be mixed a bit with grey....nope, full white, (just like my mum was when she stopped colouring) I dont like it, but I do like the ease of not needing to cover up roots every month....so it's staying.

So...my life may not have changed indefinitely....but my hair colour has. Cool

Will life have changed indefinitely.... Sam_6010
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Syl wrote:My hair has changed indefinitely.

I took the opportunity during lockdown to let my hair colour go au naturel....I think I expected my usual dark to be mixed a bit with grey....nope, full white, (just like my mum was when she stopped colouring) I dont like it, but I do like the ease of not needing to cover up roots every month....so it's staying.

So...my life may not have changed indefinitely....but my hair colour has. Cool

Will life have changed indefinitely.... Sam_6010

...still those vibrant eyes. That will never change. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:

...still those vibrant eyes.  That will never change.  Wink

Lol...yep, my eyes are still the same colour,  Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:25 pm

Good for you Syl, you look good. I've been white for some time, started going that way in my early twenties, it takes some getting used to but in the end its so much easier. I am one of three people on my mother's side who ended up white at a young age, the other two are men, they just looked distinguished, that side of the family have black hair as did I many years ago.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Thanks vintage, you are right, it does take some getting used to, and I'm not there yet, but I will persevere.

My mum went white quite young, OH, who used to have blue black hair is also white.
It seems the darker you are the whiter your hair goes when you get older.
You were very young though, early 20's. Young people pay fortunes to get their hair this colour, so you were lucky in a way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:07 pm

Syl wrote:'Nothing to fear but fear itself'.....or something like that, can often be true.

It’s not often true, it’s always true.

Regarding your hair colour, I’m not a fan. I loved your dark hair on you, (I like black hair but I couldn’t carry that colour off at all), but good for you that you feel free to be you.

You’re still pretty hot. Razz
eddie
eddie

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:12 am

I prefer the dark too Eddie, but it's only hair. Laughing

I know loads of women took advantage of the lockdown to embrace the grey...and now I am literally a Silver Surfer. cheers :
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:31 am

Syl wrote:I prefer the dark too Eddie, but it's only hair. Laughing

I know loads of women  took advantage of the lockdown to embrace the grey...and now I am literally a Silver Surfer. cheers :

Well, like I said, you’re still hot. I’d do ya. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:43 am

eddie wrote:

I know loads of women  took advantage of the lockdown to embrace the grey...and now I am literally a Silver Surfer. cheers :

In the next life we will be wed, so of course you will. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:35 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

In the next life we will be wed, so of course you will. Razz

Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down