NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will life have changed indefinitely....

Go down

Will life have changed indefinitely.... Empty Will life have changed indefinitely....

Post by Syl Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:04 pm

...even after the lockdown has ended? Has staying in become the new norm for many people.

If you think about it, there is really no need to go out any more.

Instead of travelling to work people have been encouraged to work from home.

Instead of shopping in supermarkets for food, trawling round shopping centres and outlets for necessary items, everything can now be delivered to your doorstep.

No need to pack a suitcase and hop on a plane, train, or drive the car, you can visit wherever you want in the world interactively

No one need ever enter a library or a book store again because now we can google any information we might need.

Facebook, Twitter, Zoom, facetime is now the meeting place for friends and family

Welcome to the future. affraid

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Will life have changed indefinitely.... Empty Re: Will life have changed indefinitely....

Post by Syl Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:52 pm

And for exercise, have you noticed how many people now have gym equipment in their own homes?
There are shopping channels dedicated to flogging various machinery contraptions that looks like something out of a medieval torture chamber, (or 50 shades) ready to be assembled in your own home or garage.

Back to top Go down

Will life have changed indefinitely.... Empty Re: Will life have changed indefinitely....

Post by gelico Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:31 am

I dunno, syl

I took myself for a walk in the park yesterday and it wasn't packed but there were plenty of people about there, also up at the shops.

I think there is just an instinctive need within humans to interact which can't/shouldn't be dampened down

gelico

Tommy Monk and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:09 am

Not for me. I'm not a stay at home kind of guy...

The only change I've seen recently is smaller crowds and people wearing masks. I did the exact same thing last night that I did on a Wednesday a year ago. Went to the office, went to homes to perform appraisals. Rode my bike 20 miles with my group after work then had beers with them at a brewery...

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Tommy Monk and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:29 am

gelico wrote:

I dunno, syl

I took myself for a walk in the park yesterday and it wasn't packed but there were plenty of people about there, also up at the shops.

I think there is just an instinctive need within humans to interact which can't/shouldn't be dampened down

I think you are right that for many people there is an instinctive need to interact physically.....I hope you are right anyway.

We go for regular walks, I have noticed since the last lockdown fewer people are walking, even though we live next to fields with rights of way and  a country park, compared to last year, not as many people are out.
One member of my family has hardly moved out of the house for months...he is young too, yet seems content to stay in playing on games.

Society now makes it possible to never go out if that's what suits....hopefully, come the better weather and the lockdown restrictions being lifted soon, everyone who has got into the habit of staying in all the time, will break it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum