NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So a date has been set for the end of restrictions.

3 posters

Go down

So a date has been set for the end of restrictions. Empty So a date has been set for the end of restrictions.

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Boris gave his long awaited speech yesterday and has given step by step guides and dates as to how we can get out of all the  restrictions in the coming months.
Before long we will be able to get our hair cut properly, go out for a meal, sit in an outside cafe in the sun with family and friends, eat inside in a nice restaurant, hug and kiss whoever we want, go dancing in clubs, hug and kiss whoever we want,...I bet there will be a surge of babies born next spring as many will take advantage of that.

It's the best news we have had in over a year....God willing it will happen.

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson is "very optimistic" that he will be able to remove all coronavirus restrictions in England by 21 June under his four-stage plan for lifting lockdown.

Under his roadmap for easing COVID measures, the prime minister hopes "all legal limits on social contact can be removed" under the last of those four stages, to come on 21 June at the earliest.

Live COVID news from UK and around the world

Asked how confident he was of reaching that target, Mr Johnson said on Tuesday: "I'm hopeful but obviously nothing can be guaranteed and it all depends on the way we continue to be prudent and continue to follow the guidance in each stage."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/pm-very-optimistic-of-removing-all-covid-restrictions-by-21-june/ar-BB1dWdCw?ocid=msedgntp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

So a date has been set for the end of restrictions. Empty Re: So a date has been set for the end of restrictions.

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:46 pm

My checklist will be....get my hair cut. I have taken advantage of lockdown to stop dying my hair, so I need the last of the dark hair chopping off...at the moment I look like a badger. Rolling Eyes

Go out for a nice meal...I am not like Cass, I hate cooking, and I have spent the last year trying to think of  different ways of how to serve up chicken, pork and lamb....OH hates fish and anything remotely exotic.  I am craving for a good meal I have had no hand in preparing in a nice restaurant.

Go to Leeds to see grandson, I have only seen him twice  in the last year, we still do our weekly quiz on face time, but it's not the same.

Wear a dressy blouse I bought 18 months ago. I had a really eerie feeling as soon as I bought it, pre lockdown, that I would never wear it, I want to break that premonition as soon as I have somewhere fancy to go to.

What will you do?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

So a date has been set for the end of restrictions. Empty Re: So a date has been set for the end of restrictions.

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:49 pm

June? Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pm

Maddog wrote:June? Shocked

By June, everything should be open, including nightclubs, theatres etc.
Schools are reopening in 2 weeks, and from then on, every 5 weeks more and more places will be allowed to open, it's a gradual process.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Gotta remember, Maddog, the UK is a third the size of Texas but with more than double the population of Texas. Though we do have our vast fields and forests over here, in the urban areas, people are much more tightly packed together.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:27 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:June? Shocked

Schools are reopening in 2 weeks, and from then on, every 5 weeks more and more places will be allowed to open, it's a gradual process.

That's like 4 months away.

You're county is going to suffer a collective mental breakdown.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:29 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Gotta remember, Maddog, the UK is a third the size of Texas but with more than double the population of Texas. Though we do have our vast fields and forests over here, in the urban areas, people are much more tightly packed together.

So wash your hands and wear a mask.

And get the damn vaccine if you haven't had the virus.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

We Brits are made of stern stuff.
It's a huge light at the end of the tunnel. I think the not knowing was far worse than the knowing....even if it will be June before everything (fingers crossed) is allowed to reopen.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We Brits are made of stern stuff.
It's a huge light at the end of the tunnel. I think the not knowing was far worse than the knowing....even if it will be June before everything (fingers crossed) is allowed to reopen.

Well, we are just wimps going on about our life with just a few minor restrictions. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Gotta remember, Maddog, the UK is a third the size of Texas but with more than double the population of Texas. Though we do have our vast fields and forests over here, in the urban areas, people are much more tightly packed together.

I'm not eligible to be vaccinated yet, since we're making it available in age order, oldest to youngest (which is stupid). As an unemployed fucker who basically leaves the house once a day to go shopping a half-mile away, I'm probably the least vulnerable anyway.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm not eligible to be vaccinated yet, since we're making it available in age order, oldest to youngest (which is stupid). As an unemployed fucker who basically leaves the house once a day to go shopping a half-mile away, I'm probably the least vulnerable anyway.

I meant when it's your turn.

And you'd have a lot better luck finding employment if half the damn country wasn't closed down.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:29 pm

Actually I've had two employers contact me for an interview since I began applying about three weeks ago, which I thought is pretty good. The main things holding me back at the moment are not having a National Insurance number, not having a driver's license, and not having a car ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm

I agree, Syl -- having some concept of an ending to all of this is really uplifting, even if we have to allow that it could all go tits up fairly easily.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:55 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Actually I've had two employers contact me for an interview since I began applying about three weeks ago, which I thought is pretty good. The main things holding me back at the moment are not having a National Insurance number, not having a driver's license, and not having a car ...

Can you borrow a car to get a license? Of course I don't know if having a license without a car would help. Guess you could drive for a company.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down